blackstone

Hi all,

I got my Ti WoodyS Vapcap yesterday and I've been playing around with it.
I love the look and feel of the device so far. :D

Although I have combusted with it 3/12 times now, as my "at temperature click" is very faint and almost inaudible in some instances.
However the cool down click is much much louder and noticable.

Hope someone can tell me if this is normal or not.

Hi Thc, I was laughing when I read your post as I had just got an OG and had combusted around three times too!
Gosh it's rough if your not expecting it and then requires some cleaning but it helps to learn the craft I suppose!
I almost lost faith in the product and thought everyone in this thread was crazy!
I think I combusted because I was heating too high up first and probably too low down after, but as was stated above there can be two heat up clicks a fainter one followed by a louder one, and the cool click can seem louder sometimes (maybe cause its a surprise when it clicks off and no torch is running then too?)
Bear in mind you might also be able to feel the click through your hand or improve this sensitivity with experience.

Is your cap tight on the tip, I wonder if that would make it quieter?

I read some advice here that if a cap was too loose or in slight danger of slipping off to give it a little squeeze. Mine was like this and I squeezed it a little but ended up regretting it slightly,
as I later read some advice to improve the OG's airflow with a loose cap so I wish I tried the stock airflow before giving mine a squeeze!
Although I have got it back to a fairly loose fit now and airflow is great.
Of course this may not apply to Ti models as they have built in air grooves.

When you get the hang of these things though they are amazing and so much fun for their size and shape!
I hope I get a good while from my OriGinal with some care but I'm looking forward to trying one of the fancy Ti versions already!
Happy new year all here and thanks for the help so far.
2017 is when well priced VapCaps will finally cure harmful cases of VAS haha!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
First test run of the butane powered all convection VC. Not ideal but the load looks they way I expected given how it's assembled.
Q9Jk5Ft.jpg

Dynalowrider

Squiby, I have to thank you for the screen/fiber sandwich idea. It works better than anything I have tried. No little bits in the draw. I hadn't noticed them so much but they kept showing up in the bubbler water. I think you hit on something. This smooths as well as a bubbler in my opinion. Happy New Year, happy vaping. Doc

Squiby

thank you for the screen/fiber sandwich idea. It works better than anything I have tried.

I am SOOO glad that you tried the sandwiched hemp filter! It has made a world of difference to me and I only will use a tip now with two screens inserted with a filter in the middle. The new tips and CCD screens refines this approach in ways that are difficult to describe, but it's just way better. (Its hard to describe how a perfect device is now more perfect and somehow magically improved)

I believe vapor irritation comes from inhaling dry vapor and miniscule particulates.
Look inside any vaporizer and you will see tiny bits stuck to the resin in the airpath. Some of this stuff makes it to your lungs.

The mouthpull technique cools and moisturizes the vapor when you inhale it with fresh air. The sandwiched filter ensures that that vapor is pure and unadulterated with fine particles.

I also love how the filter keeps the condenser so clean for so long.

The Vapcap delivers wonderful cool vapor as it is but it is also uniquely suited to the mouthpull and sandwiched filters, creating a vapour experience that defies its tiny size.

Such a beautiful magical device.

All this was reinforced for me last night at a NYEs party. There were joints going around and a few ugly vaporizers being used. Mine was the smoothest (judging by the coughing I witnessed from others) and hands down, the most interesting and beautiful device. The only other Vapcap there, was one I had gifted to a friend for Xmas. I am so happy that she immediately took to it and is using it as her go to, right off the bat!

I had my Copper Stoned Vapcap with me. Man, I LOVE that one!

sRAU0u6.jpg

Mr. Me2

I am SOOO glad that you tried the sandwiched hemp filter! It has made a world of difference to me and I only will use a tip now with two screens inserted with a filter in the middle. The new tips and CCD screens refines this approach in ways that are difficult to describe, but it's just way better. (Its hard to describe how a perfect device is now more perfect and somehow magically improved)

I believe vapor irritation comes from inhaling dry vapor and miniscule particulates.
Look inside any vaporizer and you will see tiny bits stuck to the resin in the airpath. Some of this stuff makes it to your lungs.

The mouthpull technique cools and moisturizes the vapor when you inhale it with fresh air. The sandwiched filter ensures that that vapor is pure and unadulterated with fine particles.

I also love how the filter keeps the condenser so clean for so long.

The Vapcap delivers wonderful cool vapor as it is but it is also uniquely suited to the mouthpull and sandwiched filters, creating a vapour experience that defies its tiny size.

Such a beautiful magical device.

All this was reinforced for me last night at a NYEs party. There were joints going around and a few ugly vaporizers being used. Mine was the smoothest (judging by the coughing I witnessed from others) and hands down, the most interesting and beautiful device. The only other Vapcap there, was one I had gifted to a friend for Xmas. I am so happy that she immediately took to it and is using it as her go to, right off the bat!

I had my Copper Stoned Vapcap with me. Man, I LOVE that one!

sRAU0u6.jpg
How do you keep your cap looking like new? Or is it new...?

Mr. Me2,

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

It was great to get back to work last week.
Our main focus the past week or so has been getting our orders out. After that it has been learning and programming some of our new CNC machines. It has been challenging, time consuming and interesting as we were writing and refining the code to have these really capable machines turn our titanium into little bits of functional jewelry. There are many tight tolerances required on these parts to get them to function correctly.

So in the process of getting everything dialed in we made some scrap Omni mouthpieces. Well, no need to throw out a perfectly good piece of titanium.
Jason just did his magic... and here it is.

A titanium spinning mouthpiece for any "S" or "XLS" model.

IMG_20161230_110908880_zpsh0qk0lr6.jpg

Here it is on a standard condenser.

IMG_20161230_110916911_zpssuymwffq.jpg

We also rounded out some of the square edges in the process. I am hopeful this minor change helps bring the OmniVap to the next level.

Here are the finished mouthpieces dialed in and ready to be fitted with their mating variable flow condensers.

IMG_20161223_043508039_BURST001_zpsa26zshhx.jpg

And then as we worked on the Tip, programming it into the newest machine we had to refine our new tip just a bit. As you can see, we made the helical grooves just a bit wider, and machined out the three transitions where the grooves end. This should improve the air flow a bit more, as well as change the thermal transfer coefficient in a favorable direction.

IMG_20161230_111158843_zpsrt4wl5ir.jpg

This also changes the look just a bit and cleans up some of the rough edges to provide for a smoother profile along with a slight reduction in mass.
The machined helical groove radial aperture allows the preheated displacement air entry to the extraction chamber after it flows between the cap and navigates the helical grooves. They will also make it a bit easier to just twist the tip into your material.
It sure is awesome what we are now capable of doing with our new CNC machines. And this is really just the beginning. just thinking of the continued development and geometries we can pursue is very exciting.

And last, here are some of the titanium bodies.

IMG_20161223_033745263_zpsa3jqkoc2.jpg

So as we begin 2017, I must say again

Thank You Everyone! This has been a wonderfully positive experience as Dynavap has grown, and how our products have quickly evolved thanks to the feedback and support from this community. There is simply no question in my mind the interaction of the members here has had a profound effect on what we are how our products have developed.

Cheers!

George

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"thermal transfer coefficient" whoa, George! Does that translate to " it will dissipate the heat
more effectively"? Somewhat

Some of us ain't no physics major, ya no? :):ko::p

Asternlemming

I received my Ti Wong about a week ago. Because of the crazy holiday schedule tonight was the first night I got to really test it. I've had a few sessions but not enough to truly get to know the vape. Now that I've got a feel for her and understand the technique. Holy shit. For such a small package she packs a tremendous punch. Someone mentioned a few pages ago that the second hit can be a monster and I'm finding that to so true. Second and third heating cycles are magic.

LowfiChill

Greetings,

It was great to get back to work last week.
Our main focus the past week or so has been getting our orders out. After that it has been learning and programming some of our new CNC machines. It has been challenging, time consuming and interesting as we were writing and refining the code to have these really capable machines turn our titanium into little bits of functional jewelry. There are many tight tolerances required on these parts to get them to function correctly.

So in the process of getting everything dialed in we made some scrap Omni mouthpieces. Well, no need to throw out a perfectly good piece of titanium.
Jason just did his magic... and here it is.

A titanium spinning mouthpiece for any "S" or "XLS" model.

IMG_20161230_110908880_zpsh0qk0lr6.jpg

Here it is on a standard condenser.

IMG_20161230_110916911_zpssuymwffq.jpg

We also rounded out some of the square edges in the process. I am hopeful this minor change helps bring the OmniVap to the next level.

Here are the finished mouthpieces dialed in and ready to be fitted with their mating variable flow condensers.

IMG_20161223_043508039_BURST001_zpsa26zshhx.jpg

And then as we worked on the Tip, programming it into the newest machine we had to refine our new tip just a bit. As you can see, we made the helical grooves just a bit wider, and machined out the three transitions where the grooves end. This should improve the air flow a bit more, as well as change the thermal transfer coefficient in a favorable direction.

IMG_20161230_111158843_zpsrt4wl5ir.jpg

This also changes the look just a bit and cleans up some of the rough edges to provide for a smoother profile along with a slight reduction in mass.
The machined helical groove radial aperture allows the preheated displacement air entry to the extraction chamber after it flows between the cap and navigates the helical grooves. They will also make it a bit easier to just twist the tip into your material.
It sure is awesome what we are now capable of doing with our new CNC machines. And this is really just the beginning. just thinking of the continued development and geometries we can pursue is very exciting.

And last, here are some of the titanium bodies.

IMG_20161223_033745263_zpsa3jqkoc2.jpg

So as we begin 2017, I must say again

Thank You Everyone! This has been a wonderfully positive experience as Dynavap has grown, and how our products have quickly evolved thanks to the feedback and support from this community. There is simply no question in my mind the interaction of the members here has had a profound effect on what we are how our products have developed.

Cheers!

George

So these are even better tips than the just released tips that were already awesome?? I'm probably going to have to order a couple if they'll be available to order soon :nod:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Yeah! Well done George @VapCap, with these new machines, the vapcap has now reached the speed of light!

I'm glad that I've a Burly S and other stuff waiting at Dynavap, I'm gonna be able to enjoy another step on the vapcap way!

Less titanium for more cloud!
The thermal property of the new tip was awesome compare to the previous one, I can't wait to test your new refinement!

Although, excellent idea to bring a standard titanium mouthpiece, the customization never ends! Kudos to Jason for his work!

Thanks George!

Edit: @stark1 A lower thermal transfert coefficient means that it's easier for the heat to travel. (sorry if I'm not expressing it correctly :) )

Edit2: I haven't seen much of a comment on the new titanium bodies, but personally I really like them, they feels modern, well with machined, and a bit Sci fit to me.
As always nice work, and thanks for the Mad Max vaporizer!

(and unfortunately the picture quality isn't good , we can barely see all the titanium wool around the mouthpieces :D)

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi guys, so ive ordered an OG VC as a gift and noticed that it has no groves on the tip to allow air flow.
My old one has them but i cant check if it vapes properly as i cant give a used up gift:-).. What say u is that normal?

If you mean horizontal cuts across the glass ( like the PlanetVape (turbo) Air glass stems ) yah, no, OGs usually do not have that refinement yet.

See pics of George's latest Ti tips, he is introducing the concept, I believe, but not yet on glass OGs....:myday:

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: Alexis

Kasish

T
If you mean horizontal cuts across the glass ( like the PlanetVape (turbo) Air glass stems ) yah, no, OGs usually do not have that refinement yet.

See pics of George's latest Ti tips, he is introducing the concept, I believe, but not yet on glass OGs....:myday:
they were as squiby posted just more subtle.

Kasish,
Reactions: stark1

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Thanks to you, :tup: Dude
mabbe George will introduce concept grooves on his OGs, you mad Capper, you!

So Groovie :nod:

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: Kasish

Mr. Me2

Has anyone played with the new tip using it with the screen set in the last groove (creating the smallest oven)? If so, do you find that it is a one cycle load? And how many pulls in the one (or more) cycle?

Joaon

:myday: @Mr. Me2
Yes, it is my daily driver! With CCD sandwiched hemp filter, it really rocks ! Thanks @Squiby :tup:

It behaves like a full bowl, 2 or 3 heat cycles, and one big (circular breathing) pull, or three standards mouthpulls :cool:

I find that flavors are more presents with CCD screen in the middle or top position :mental:
(And it surely help to keep tolerance low! In fact, this little bowl get me where a big one would.. )

Edit: Well done @VapCap ! Those new tips looks pretty damn good!
I was very satisfied with the latest one, but now I have to order one of those as well !
And those Ti Mp and bodies.. I assume now we can go for an all Titanium standard VapCap !
Fascinating to see all your genius coming to life and evolution !

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I find that flavors are more presents with CCD screen in the middle or top position :mental:
(And it surely help to keep tolerance low! In fact, this little bowl get me where a big one would.. )

Im guessing the load isnt being directly heated with the lighter now, or less so, possibly giving more convection flavour, or at least heating the terpenes off slower, maybe?

Could I state this is a less sure manner, possibly, maybe, potentially? :)

Who knows? 'appen I could, like.

Joaon

You're right @emmdeemo , I now heat the cap on the middle-low, when the load is on the top end.
So no 'direct' contact, flame is now never at the same level then load.
Not sure if it is that, or simply the new Ti tip, but sure, there is much more convection and flavors ! :clap::tup:

needalift

I placed my first order with Dynavap yesterday:). I'm already feeling antsy. I didn't get custom like a lot of people here . Just a Blackwood woody and a wenge dynastash , but it looked like a little slice of heaven in the cart .
Hey George , I'm a hat guy , let us know when hats are available !!

Top Bottom