herbivore21

@Andreaerdna: Absolute agreement! No animal will be killed for their bones. But if an animal will be killed, then you have to use all of it. And bones for pipes are really awesome.
But I'm understanding everybody who dont want to use it out of principal intentions. But no spreading vegan moralism please!

BTW I think there is a difference between a farmer and a rancher? Guess, n f is a monoculture farmer? ;)

And @natural farmer: Please dont use red colored text anymore. For older eyes like mine its vey difficult to read this cause of lack of contrast!. Thank you, Sir!
I don't wanna see vapes made out of bone for functional reasons. Bone is simply not inert.

I like that George is moving towards using inert materials lately. The titanium mouthpieces are a godsend, I personally do not want to use silicone or wooden mouthpieces at all in a vape. They're just not inert. Both materials swell with/absorb resin. Flavor suffers over time, get's sticky, vape starts to smell and it is hard to get the stink out etc.

Bone might be better in some ways than wood and silicone, but I want to see tried and true materials that I can clean with solvents forever and that don't interfere with taste. Bone products inevitably go yellow over time. If bone dries out (ie gets soaked in alcohol), it risks shrinking, cracking etc. Any personal morality aside, it is just not very appropriate for the task IMO. Reclaiming and sterilizing become fraught exercises. :2c:

Loving seeing the new CNC's in action at Dynavap! Exciting times!

Kalessin

, I personally do not want to use silicone or wooden mouthpieces at all in a vape. They're just not inert. Both materials swell with/absorb resin. Flavor suffers over time, get's sticky, vape starts to smell and it is hard to get the stink out etc.
For a vapcap if you have a wood mouthpiece it's entirely isolated from the vapor path anyway. Still take wear from your mouth, but resin isn't an issue

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks for your important comment. But regarding to bone and horn I had a body in mind. This should also entirely be isolated from the vapor path. In this way your critics seems reasonless to me!?

Hogni,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
So, I'm thinking about getting a TiVong (for water/home use) and then adding an XL condenser to use when I'm out and about (for the mouth piece)

Or maybe get the TiVong-Skinny and get a blackwood body to change it up for on the go if I want. IDK, I'm pretty set with the OG really... just thinking about what to get when it breaks or there's a sale.

herbivore21

Thanks for your important comment. But regarding to bone and horn I had a body in mind. This should also entirely be isolated from the vapor path. In this way your critics seems reasonless to me!?
Actually man, the idea of an external bone cover for a dynavap product still has some problems.

Let me explain: In the design you suggest above, bone will be outside the airpath. However, the bone would still be prone to yellowing, drying and cracks over time. This is an overall durability concern for the component.

It would not be able to be cleaned properly due to the abovementioned reasons. Many of us very frequently get some oil or resin on our hands which can and does easily get onto the outer body of our dynavap products from time to time ;) We all need to clean the outside of our vapes from time to time as well as the inside.

Bone seems to me to be an obscure, less-than-durable and relatively high maintenance component which only offers a different look, with no benefits for function. I will always opt for alternatives to this kind of option. This isn't to say that I'm willing to sacrifice durability if it improves flavor or some other feature enough to justify (hence my swearing by sapphire enails) - I just don't see the upshot of bone?

jimfish4130

Actually man, the idea of an external bone cover for a dynavap product still has some problems.

Let me explain: In the design you suggest above, bone will be outside the airpath. However, the bone would still be prone to yellowing, drying and cracks over time. This is an overall durability concern for the component.

It would not be able to be cleaned properly due to the abovementioned reasons. Many of us very frequently get some oil or resin on our hands which can and does easily get onto the outer body of our dynavap products from time to time ;) We all need to clean the outside of our vapes from time to time as well as the inside.

Bone seems to me to be an obscure, less-than-durable and relatively high maintenance component which only offers a different look, with no benefits for function. I will always opt for alternatives to this kind of option. This isn't to say that I'm willing to sacrifice durability if it improves flavor or some other feature enough to justify (hence my swearing by sapphire enails) - I just don't see the upshot of bone?

I googled "antler handle drying out" and found this on the first page

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685

I've only read the first few posts so far but with deer antler could you drill it out and have a ss tube going through it to isolate the airpath, or remove all the spongy inside, put a ss tube in and fill the gap with epoxy? Maybe crown the ends? No flavour only looks

My grandad makes walking stick heads as a hobby and has antlers he's found walking through woods.
He knows I use cannabis, if I showed him some of the stems and bodies on here he might understand the VCAS and let me have some to play try something with.

He made a walking stick with a built in lighter and room for a few cigs and some money once, how about a dynastash-stick?

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So, I'm thinking about getting a TiVong (for water/home use) and then adding an XL condenser to use when I'm out and about (for the mouth piece)

Or maybe get the TiVong-Skinny and get a blackwood body to change it up for on the go if I want. IDK, I'm pretty set with the OG really... just thinking about what to get when it breaks or there's a sale.

Maybe consider a Ti long Vong & if you don't want a spinny mouthpiece you can just reverse the VonG end for travel. They are considerably thicker wood so will be more durable. Or buy a replacement body so you can change it up. Especially if you have "man hands" I would suggest the VonG.

herbivore21

I googled "antler handle drying out" and found this on the first page

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685

I've only read the first few posts so far but with deer antler could you drill it out and have a ss tube going through it to isolate the airpath, or remove all the spongy inside, put a ss tube in and fill the gap with epoxy? Maybe crown the ends? No flavour only looks

My grandad makes walking stick heads as a hobby and has antlers he's found walking through woods.
He knows I use cannabis, if I showed him some of the stems and bodies on here he might understand the VCAS and let me have some to play try something with.

He made a walking stick with a built in lighter and room for a few cigs and some money once, how about a dynastash-stick?
All of that would still only be a visual change with no functional gain. I've read plenty on various solutions such as mineral oil treatment as maintainence to prevent bone handles from drying etc but in the end the question remains:

Why bone? What is the benefit? Higher maintenance to avoid inevitable deterioration over time and less durable/cleanable to me seems like a style over subtance scenario at best...

Still of course I'm not concerned if one is made - I just don't see the point.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Maybe consider a Ti long Vong & if you don't want a spinny mouthpiece you can just reverse the VonG end for travel. They are considerably thicker wood so will be more durable. Or buy a replacement body so you can change it up. Especially if you have "man hands" I would suggest the VonG.

yea, this one right? https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/vong/tivong

That's the kind I was talkin about pairing with an XL condenser for the mouth piece while on the go... you can flip ends eh?

LOL, man hands... unfortunately no, I have the dainty, smooth hands of a woman. They are truly Trumpian in their stature

geraldus

Show and tell time again:D

My last order included a few extra surprises George had in store for me. He had a couple of suggestions for me to try out as well and I didn't take long incorporating them.

First up is one of my faves so far. It's installed now as a matter of fact.

Although many won't like this one, I'm a fan. All I need now is an engraved cap with the symbol!

My New Orleans Saints vapcap:
TTvUUx9.jpg

Gold anodized titanium with a Blackwood mouthpiece. Black and gold baby!! Too bad their season is pretty much over but I can lift my spirits in style now and help the wait til next season(as a lifelong Saints fan, I'm used to that :\)

I need to get a pic in the sun but it's been hiding here for like a week. I have another project I have to share soon and am just waiting on the sun for pics so I'll snap another with the gold body then.

Next up is another color stem I anodized.

2USg90N.jpg

These are really easy to anodize using electricity. Basically a series of 9 volt batteries and some alligator clips and a current carrying fluid. YouTube is full of how tos. Much easier than I thought and much simpler to control the color than with heat.

I will say that making these stems, while fun, is work. And a lot of it. Work that I enjoy but still. You can't just hack off a piece of tubing and it fit. There is a ton of grinding of material to make it fit correctly on both sides. I say this so everyone will truly appreciate the work that George and his team put in to make these things work for us. Those prices you see for the stems and bodies on the website? It's justified. Trust me. And they have a heck of a lot better tools than me:nod:

I have one more project I just finished up that I'll post soon.
Spoiler- it's not a stem LOL

Shout out to @VapCap and team. Keep up that voodoo that you do!!!
Great Omnivap ! Geaux Saints !

geraldus,
Reactions: alltoreup

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Still of course I'm not concerned if one is made - I just don't see the point.

I think the point is that people want different & unique VC's. Personally i would not want a bone/antler stem but I have seen plenty of cool cigarette/cheroot holders that could be easily adapted for VC use after appropriate cleaning. Sometimes it is just about having a cool looking item over absolute functionality.

yea, this one right? https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/vong/tivong

That's the kind I was talkin about pairing with an XL condenser for the mouth piece while on the go... you can flip ends eh?

Thats the one. You can pair it with the XL condenser easily enough, however I don't bother.

LOL, man hands... unfortunately no, I have the dainty, smooth hands of a woman. They are truly Trumpian in their stature

They are not that fat anyway. It is more the Uni is quite slender & dainty by comparison.

nomadicsoul34

I could with some advice .
I have the basic model and I use it with fullish tank of herb and small bubbler , the effects are being felt but I get almost no vapour .
I'd love to see some of that milky vapour ...

nomadicsoul34,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have the basic model and I use it with fullish tank of herb and small bubbler , the effects are being felt but I get almost no vapour .

Have you tried not packing it too tightly, or not grinding too finely.

A slightly loose cap allows for a tad more air flow....

Experimenting is part of the fun, learning curve is gentle. :)

Best Wishes, and Happy Holidays, with your precision crafted VapCap. Fine Tuned.:leaf:

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven

Use a corner off a rolling paper to cover the carb... use a m2m 18mm column (similar to: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31l0kGCBd9L.jpg) to get a real air tight seal.

Draw restriction will be very limited and you may need to pulse pull, but clouds o thickness.

Alexis

Hey everyone. I received my new Ti tip on tuesday. It is definitely better. I noticed the improved taste immediately, which does not become unpleasant until you get to the last tiny bit of vapor from a load, if you bother with it at that point, when many would consider it done, and dispose of or save abv.

The whole experience is a big improvement with the new tip. Firstly, I have only used the full bowl capacity so far. It is bigger, at least 1 mm deeper. So Im sure you could get 0.11 to 0.12 comfortably every time.

Im sure @Vapor Eyes repirted getting 0.12 grams into his second gen Ti tip recently. Now there is even more capacity.

As many have already said, the second heat cycle/hit is much bigger now. It is much more of a "hit".

The first cycle, I get nice taste, sometimes a big cloud, but the second is always a monster now. And a tasty one too!
The third cycle/hit isnt far behind. At first, I wasnt getting as big clouds with the new tip, but last night I rembered how my sativa Durban does produce lighter vapor than my indica White Widow.

I vaped 2 full bowls back to back before bed, at 3 am this morning. The first one was Durban. I actually got 5 heat cycles, all good hits, and all very tasty.

Then I did a full White Widow bowl. The second cycle, was the biggest hit I have ever had from my Omnivap! Huge!

The third cycle, was just behind it, the second biggest hit I have had from a vapcap yet!

I still get at least 3 heat cycles from a full bowl, often 4, the 4th being not big, but not unpleasant, and too much left to discard.

So it is a big improvement anyway. It still seems to reach cool down click in about the same time. And yes I think it does heat up click a bit quicker.

But I also noticed that the cap doesnt seem to be as hot, right after cool down click, and is much easier to handle now, without even needing a magnet. This is a bonus.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Since getting my BF TI Woody S, I'm pretty consistently getting .07g per bowl. It ranges between .05 and .08 but I haven't seen any greater than .08. I'm sure there will be some variation based on strain, grind, and moisture, but .07 keeps coming up.

This is with the new tip and the largest size bowl option. Size is just about perfect for me for a typical buzz. And well under 2 minutes between pulling out the DS, loading the VC, exhausting the bowl and reloading it for next time. And, of course, leaving me smiling...

lookhigh

FC member
@Alexis Now you have me interested in the new tip, taste is very important to me. Its all about the flavor for me. I have a great love for my Solo and it has great flavor but i still use the omni mainly. Now if the new tip comes close in flavor to the solo i would be a very happy chappy.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Any of you guys test the difference inhaling and keeping it for 3 sec versus 10 sec?
In the first cycle, no visible vapour, however, if i stay it in more seconds, the effect is super different.
Age old argument with data for both sides. After 40+ years of combusting I have been vaping (exclusively) nearly 3 years. I used to just hold a hit for a very long time. I have started a new method of big hit, let some out, pull more air in, let some out 3 or 4 times in a hit and it seems to work quite well, and is easier than those long holds, especially as I get older. And I don't get that other buzz from lack of 02. ;)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Age old argument with data for both sides. After 40+ years of combusting I have been vaping (exclusively) nearly 3 years. I used to just hold a hit for a very long time. I have started a new method of big hit, let some out, pull more air in, let some out 3 or 4 times in a hit and it seems to work quite well, and is easier than those long holds, especially as I get older. And I don't get that other buzz from lack of 02. ;)
This is what I do as well.

IME, it does get you higher, really allowing you to get the most out of your vapour.

Alexis

Any Europeans out here (or pref. fellow Belgians) who had customs troube? Any extra costs connected to their vapcap ordering straight from U.S.?
Or did it sneak past those pesky porks? :ninja:
I think you can actually safely expect no extra charges on delivery. I am in UK. A few of us started picking up customs charges, but it was a technical issue which has been accounted for now and my recent parcel had no customs at all.

@Alexis Now you have me interested in the new tip, taste is very important to me. Its all about the flavor for me. I have a great love for my Solo and it has great flavor but i still use the omni mainly. Now if the new tip comes close in flavor to the solo i would be a very happy chappy.
Well the taste is a lot better. I was never exactly fond of the Omnivap taste, even the good hits. It was definitely not a strong point of the vapcap. But now with the new tip, I dont see it as a downside at all. It is so much more pleasant.

My first bowl today, a full Durban and Widow cocktail, gave 5 heat cycles, with 2 to 5 being all good hits, tasting good right to the last. I was honestly surprised how good the 5th hit tasted.

I was pretty stoned on that one bowl. I didnt need another for a good hour. Bowl 2 was good, some mega hits. So satisfying. I like a stong hit, and before the Omnivap would be like several decent hits, but no one in particualr having a sudden bong like kick.

Now that hit factor is far more noticeable.
So after bowl 2 I had a really nice stone. The first bowl today got me to a higher level than a full bowl in the previous tip as well. I just wasnt ready for number 2!

Top Bottom