stark1

Lonesome Planet
a friend combusted with my ti woody and now the wood stem smells combustion, is there anything I can do or just wait the smell disappear with time?

Don't you just love the aroma of burning logs in a hearthy fireplace, overlooking Matterhorn, @Steph? JJK.:ugh:

Unless it is toast, you can take a fine steel wool to gently rub out any charring; the only smell should be that fine aromatic from the wood.:tinfoil:

Or, if you are OCD, a carbon fiber jacket from Matt, and you are ready to go to the next rave. :2c:

Last edited:

Squiby

So, I received my BF package a few weeks ago. I got some ti tips, caps, orings and a beautiful new Paduak Dynastash to accompany my Blackwood Ti VonG S with a Cocobolo mouthpiece.

The tips came with one of the CCDs installed in the highest groove and the other in the lowest groove. The bowl variability is significant.

Adf4LXS.jpg

I immediately started to play around with some degummed hemp fiber and a few extra CCD screens.

I made a disc shaped filter by winding a length of fiber between my fingers, popped it into one of the new ti tips and pushed another CCD screen over it, locking it into the second groove.

The in-house caps fit a bit looser than the manufactured caps. So, I gently squeezed them until they fit snug enough to stay on while handling, heating and toking, but loose enough for the Dynastash magnet to pull it off.

The looser cap design along with the deeper air channels on the tip allows for more heated air to pass under the cap and through the herb chamber.

I compared the two screen/hemp filter arrangement using the 8mm Titanium screens some of us were using against the CCD screens. The CCDs have a clearer easier draw.

Right off the bat we have greater air flow and a higher convection/ conduction ratio.

The combination of the new ti tips, caps, CCD screens and a fiber filter provides the best, smoothest, most super fantastic vapor imaginable. Pur flavor. Just when I thought that I had found the perfect vaporizer, @VapCap raises the bar. THiS is truly THE BEST vaping experience EVER!

I'm still preferring mouthpulls vs direct inhaled tokes as it is easier on my lungs. I never cough with the Vapcap and I think the mouthful is a big factor.

The tip seems to heat faster by a second or so. So with a quad lighter we're talking a 2 second heat up vs a 3 second heat up. It's not a big difference on paper but the result is a nearly instant on demand vape. If you have a minute to spare, you can pick up your Vapcap and herb, load your chamber, heat, toke, repeat a couple times, dump the ABV, put away your Vapcap and boom! You're high. Just like that. If you happen to walk by your Vapcap you can almost perform a "walk by high". The new tips are fast!

XOsaOzi.jpg

The old tips are still awesome. But the new tips have improved on perfection. It's hard to believe but true. I've been going back and forth between the old tips and the new. They are both great, but the new tip, cap and screen design just push it right over the edge.

Congratulations George @VapCap !!! Thank you for bringing simplicity, efficiency, style and soul to the vaporizing experience.

Thank you for the magic!

Mr. Me2

So, I received my BF package a few weeks ago. I got some ti tips, caps, orings and a beautiful new Paduak Dynastash to accompany my Blackwood Ti VonG S with a Cocobolo mouthpiece.

The tips came with one of the CCDs installed in the highest groove and the other in the lowest groove. The bowl variability is significant.

Adf4LXS.jpg

I immediately started to play around with some degummed hemp fiber and a few extra CCD screens.

I made a disc shaped filter by winding a length of fiber between my fingers, popped it into one of the new ti tips and pushed another CCD screen over it, locking it into the second groove.

The in-house caps fit a bit looser than the manufactured caps. So, I gently squeezed them until they fit snug enough to stay on while handling, heating and toking, but loose enough for the Dynastash magnet to pull it off.

The looser cap design along with the deeper air channels on the tip allows for more heated air to pass under the cap and through the herb chamber.

I compared the two screen/hemp filter arrangement using the 8mm Titanium screens some of us were using against the CCD screens. The CCDs have a clearer easier draw.

Right off the bat we have greater air flow and a higher convection/ conduction ratio.

The combination of the new ti tips, caps, CCD screens and a fiber filter provides the best, smoothest, most super fantastic vapor imaginable. Pur flavor. Just when I thought that I had found the perfect vaporizer, @VapCap raises the bar. THiS is truly THE BEST vaping experience EVER!

I'm still preferring mouthpulls vs direct inhaled tokes as it is easier on my lungs. I never cough with the Vapcap and I think the mouthful is a big factor.

The tip seems to heat faster by a second or so. So with a quad lighter we're talking a 2 second heat up vs a 3 second heat up. It's not a big difference on paper but the result is a nearly instant on demand vape. If you have a minute to spare, you can pick up your Vapcap and herb, load your chamber, heat, toke, repeat a couple times, dump the ABV, put away your Vapcap and boom! You're high. Just like that. If you happen to walk by your Vapcap you can almost perform a "walk by high". The new tips are fast!

XOsaOzi.jpg

The old tips are still awesome. But the new tips have improved on perfection. It's hard to believe but true. I've been going back and forth between the old tips and the new. They are both great, but the new tip, cap and screen design just push it right over the edge.

Congratulations George @VapCap !!! Thank you for bringing simplicity, efficiency, style and soul to the vaporizing experience.

Thank you for the magic!
Thanks for the "report"! And here are a few questions for you (if you don't mind...) :

When you made the screen sandwich, what oven size remained, the smallest or middle?

And with that size, how many pulls per cycle and # of cycles did you get?

Did you need an extra ring to lock the sandwich in, or only one ring locking in the 2 screens and hemp?

Thanks!

Squiby

When you made the screen sandwich, what oven size remained, the smallest or middle?

The chamber in the new tip is deeper than the previous version. I tried to lock in the second (top) screen into the middle ridge, but I ended up pushing it a bit deeper. I tried to give the filter a bit of space, to keep it loose, not to sandwich it tight between the two screens. The bowl ended up being about 8mm deep.

Since the filter is under the screen no flower bits get caught up in the filter fiber. The chamber empties clean every time. After two weeks of use, the condenser looks like new. The sandwiched filter is wonderful; very very smooth cool hits with no irritation and it keeps everything nice and clean. Perfect.

And with that size, how many pulls per cycle and # of cycles did you get?

The old tips gave me three tokes per cycle and three cycles per load. The first cycle was largely flavor and the last two were clouds.

The new tips seem to heat faster and maybe hotter. For the same load, I now get three puffs per cycle but only two cycles per load. Both are flavorful and produce clouds. Perfect.

I microdose so I just tear a small nug off a flower and pop it in there. A full bowl may yield different results.

Did you need an extra ring to lock the sandwich in, or only one ring locking in the 2 screens and hemp

No rings at all. The screen is pushed in with the condenser or a chopstick. If you push gently the screen will "lock" into a groove. If you push some more, it will move up the chamber and lock into the next groove. Easy peasy. Oh, and perfect. :)

Mr. Me2

Thx so much for the detailed info! Any idea how often you need to swap out the hemp (after how many sessions)?

Last edited:
Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Squiby

ZC

Found my Omni. It had hidden itself under the couch.

I'm considering buying one of the new tips but unsure. I have one of the first TI tips and the second generation tip the original Omni shipped with. But I like the idea of the new tips with variable bowl size and more convection.

Does the $40 TI Tip include a cap? Maybe I should just get an entirely new unit so I have some more parts to swap around. At the very least the TI Glassy is the same price as a tip and a cap.

I'm also wondering if we'll ever get an OMNI with a wooden mouthpiece. I love the function of the omni's adjustable airflow but I'm not that crazy about metal on my teeth.

Squiby

Any idea how often you need to swap out the hemp (after how many sessions)?

Well, I was switching out the filters that just sat in the chamber every few weeks, maybe every month or so. I think that will suit sandwiched filters in the new tip as well.

@ZC
The ti tips are $40, just for the tip. A cap adds another $20.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Would like to see stems/bodies/MPs made of bone or horn maybe with some scrimshaw.
I have some deer horn that I could try using. The only issue is finding the right piece since the outside layer is thin on deer horn. I use it for knife handles usually.

PS: Anyone know if Dynavap will email me when my order has shipped?

Last edited:
Winegums,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Found my Omni. It had hidden itself under the couch.

I'm considering buying one of the new tips but unsure. I have one of the first TI tips and the second generation tip the original Omni shipped with. But I like the idea of the new tips with variable bowl size and more convection.

Does the $40 TI Tip include a cap? Maybe I should just get an entirely new unit so I have some more parts to swap around. At the very least the TI Glassy is the same price as a tip and a cap.

I would keep the 1st gen Ti as it came as it is an artifact now. As for your 2nd gen tip I would buy a new 3rd gen stem or VonG that contrasts your Omni & make up three complete Ti VapCaps.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I hope no animals get to to lose their bones and horns for a Vapcap... We have done enough damage already. :disgust:

wTF @natural farmer from all of the peaple you say so? (I mean you living in a farm)

I hope all the leather, bones and horn that are disposed after taking the steaks and all the meat off the dead animal will find a good use so nothing is wasted.

That being said a ti - rhinoceros horn VapCap I agree it would be very bad indeed ;)

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
ordered a Ti VonG S this morning, lots of reading to do while I wait for it to come in the mail (But read enough already to know it sounds good).

I worry though, I haven't bought any new vapes in a while. Could be Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome rearing its ugly head again. I think I can justify a new portable tho, am not as happy with any of my current portables as I am with the e-nano for its desk-use purposes.

Have you given your thoughts on the Ti Vong S yet?

beiberhole69,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Have you given your thoughts on the Ti Vong S yet?

I'm pretty happy with it. After reading posts on here it was a pretty easy learning curve for how to apply the torch towards the tip for lower temp and so on....

I do see myself using it more for camping / hiking / fishing / other people's houses. The e-nano is still my go-to when sitting at the desk. Hard to replace instantly ready-to-go with something that needs even the brief heat-up time AND I do spend a lot of time sitting at my desk.

I'd like to get a higher fuel capacity torch though, mine runs dry after maybe 6ish sessions; or at least not much more than that, def can't go all day.

I did a little evangelism and recommended the vapcap to one of the local dispenaries. (AFAIK all the MA dispensaries are actually REQUIRED to sell vaporizers).

I did get some crazy thick vapour thru the bong using the Ti Vong S with a little herb and hash sandwich. I did go past the click a little bit, so was worried I'd combusted, but not a taste of smoke, just vapour.

I have occasionally forgotten to wait for the cool-down click and once really roasted it, but I realized my mistake and just didn't draw on it for like 8 or 10 seconds and it didn't actually get fouled.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
wTF @natural farmer from all of the peaple you say so? (I mean you living in a farm)

I hope all the leather, bones and horn that are disposed after taking the steaks and all the meat off the dead animal will find a good use so nothing is wasted.

That being said a ti - rhinoceros horn VapCap I agree it would be very bad indeed ;)

@Andreaerdna: Absolute agreement! No animal will be killed for their bones. But if an animal will be killed, then you have to use all of it. And bones for pipes are really awesome.
But I'm understanding everybody who dont want to use it out of principal intentions. But no spreading vegan moralism please!

BTW I think there is a difference between a farmer and a rancher? Guess, n f is a monoculture farmer? ;)

And @natural farmer: Please dont use red colored text anymore. For older eyes like mine its vey difficult to read this cause of lack of contrast!. Thank you, Sir!

Kaurelz

Hey,

Here is the first Omni Carbon with double-crown.
Since it was experimental they had to use a different style carbon because the "regular" one doesn't have a big enough outter diameter for the crown to fit properly.

I was not a fan of the carbon pattern and guess what..they offered me to send an extra standard body!
Couldn't believe it until i received my green envelope.:tup:

I'm having some trouble to set the draw resistance i like, unscrewed mouthpiece to the max and i still get too much air and i have to use the carb.:uhh:

One thing i don't understand is when i unscrew the MP i have to push it to make a good seal with the body.
I thought it was the condenser that should move, not the MP according to Dynavap videos on Youtube.

I also have problem to adjust the bowl with CCD, i did exactly like Georges on his video but now the screen is deformed:doh:.

Now it's time for a good bath in iso and more experimenting :D

Thank you very very much all Dynavap team , you guys :rockon:!!!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hey,

Here is the first Omni Carbon with double-crown.
Since it was experimental they had to use a different style carbon because the "regular" one doesn't have a big enough outter diameter for the crown to fit properly.

I was not a fan of the carbon pattern and guess what..they offered me to send an extra standard body!
Couldn't believe it until i received my green envelope.:tup:

I'm having some trouble to set the draw resistance i like, unscrewed mouthpiece to the max and i still get too much air and i have to use the carb.:uhh:

One thing i don't understand is when i unscrew the MP i have to push it to make a good seal with the body.
I thought it was the condenser that should move, not the MP according to Dynavap videos on Youtube.

I also have problem to adjust the bowl with CCD, i did exactly like Georges on his video but now the screen is deformed:doh:.

Now it's time for a good bath in iso and more experimenting :D

Thank you very very much all Dynavap team , you guys :rockon:!!!

Thanks for your pics of the first double crown carbon fiber, I requested one too; was told the crowns would not fit the CF body.

Wish I had your option.

Anyway, congrats on being a 1st! :tup:

stark1,
Reactions: Kaurelz

needalift

I'm thinking about copping my first vapcap . I'm wanting a ti woody , but can't decide between the s and the xls . Is there any advantage to the longer body ???

needalift,
Reactions: Squiby

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm thinking about copping my first vapcap . I'm wanting a ti woody , but can't decide between the s and the xls . Is there any advantage to the longer body ???
Form factor mainly. Though, a longer path to your mouth will make a slightly cooler vapor. I can't say if you would notice the difference side by side, because I can't test it.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: needalift

Squiby

I'm wanting a ti woody , but can't decide between the s and the xls . Is there any advantage to the longer body ???

There is not a huge difference. It is the difference between handling a regular cigarette vs a king size cigarette. The difference is 17mm.

I am a woman and have small hands. I have both the S and the XLS models. I prefer the S models because I like how they fit in my hand and how they feel to twirl. The S models are tiny and very nicely slip into a pocket.

The S models are 3.5 inches long

The XLS models are 4.25 inches long

I suspect that the XLS may be more comfortable in a larger hand.

Get the one that initially appeals to you more. They are all wonderful and it is hard to stop at one. When you fall in love, you go back and pick-up another model or the components to switch up your Vapcap.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom