Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I find it to be one of the least smelly vapes out there honestly. The OG will smell more I have found compared to the Ti versions. Where the Vapcap does smell is when using it as it is a very strong vape smell compared to anything else I have used. Not a smidgen of odour compared to combusting & it dissipates quickly. Anyone concerned by lingering smells with their Vapcap should just use the supplied storage tube as it keeps things simple & smell free.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think the design of the glass condensers allows more resin to get out of the condenser and on the glass body of the OG. The SS condensers on the other VapCaps contains the resin more, I think, allowing less resin to be exposed to air and then generate odor.

At least that seems logical to me and a good reason for the difference. And vaping with ANYTHING will produce WAY less smell than combusting. I vaped a couple hits in the bathroom of some family this week and nobody noticed anything. That would have NEVER worked combusting. A single hit from a bat would have resulted in frowns and a family "event"...

Sketch420

31864193966_20b9d1f0f7_h.jpg

Been using the VC for little over only a week and this already happened. Ugh, didn't even drop it or anything, not really sure what happened. Other than this unfortunate event this vapcap has been an absolute dream. Easy to use, very inconspicuous, and man it does the job well, sometimes a little to well heh. It is so simple to use, just make sure your lighter is good. I guess it's time to get another OG and maybe a TI tip, I just hope they are not still backed up in orders from the holiday. I can see many of these in my future :ko:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Been using the VC for little over only a week and this already happened. Ugh, didn't even drop it or anything, not really sure what happened. Other than this unfortunate event this vapcap has been an absolute dream. Easy to use, very inconspicuous, and man it does the job well, sometimes a little to well heh. It is so simple to use, just make sure your lighter is good. I guess it's time to get another OG and maybe a TI tip, I just hope they are not still backed up in orders from the holiday. I can see many of these in my future :ko:

Stockpiled a couple of complete OG bodies during BF, as glass can be so fragile, and being a klutz!
accidents happen.:sherlock:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I vaped a few too many bowls this afternoon & now I feel like a nap. Now I have the new tip locked in & have gone back to the full chamber I have a 2nd hit wrecking machine on my hands. That 2nd hit will frequently be the true incapacitater. First hit is flavour & the 3rd & 4th are always nice but the money is in the 2nd one :whoa:.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Who here has the oldest og:-)? Ive been Using mine for almost 2 months and was wondering how long they last.

I had 2 VC og from between first preorder from august 2015. both cap still working great over my Ti tips
I still have (and I keep it as a saint relic) an Og body, the one that uses glass pinches to hold ceramic screen in place.

Caps are deformed due to multiples falls, I burned em red hot to clean the inside multiple times, still clicking like a clock

LowfiChill

I vaped a few too many bowls this afternoon & now I feel like a nap. Now I have the new tip locked in & have gone back to the full chamber I have a 2nd hit wrecking machine on my hands. That 2nd hit will frequently be the true incapacitater. First hit is flavour & the 3rd & 4th are always nice but the money is in the 2nd one :whoa:.

That 2nd hit ain't no joke!! I'm actually a little intimidated each time I pack a new bowl and get to the second hit... I've had to hold back and take a breather a few times mid hit to gather myself lol.... I'm a lightweight :lol:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Guys? Don't remember very well, can the airflow of the Omni be closed completely by twisting all the way so the air comes only from under the cap?

On my 2nd generation Omnivap I can fully close the carb, but with my two new bodies, the carbon and burly ones, I can feather just the begging of the carb because the carb are higher, and I'm really sad as typically I use a closed carb on water pieces, half closed for mouth use and opened when I want something less dense. The vapcap is evolving and change are made, but as it's a problem for me I've emailed Matt (who's a awesome at taking care of you even at this time of the year) and George will take care of this like a champ' as always!

But next year, I prefer him to rest at this time of the year! :)

Do any of the vapcaps have residual smell after a session, or at any time? ,If so, does any model smell less than another?

As @cybrguy says , the resinous build-up will stink, personally I clean my vapcaps once a week because past this point the resinous build up start to greatly decrease the taste.
You can smell it if you put your nose on it but can't smell it at a meter.
For exemple, the Mighty's (crafty too) cooling unit is far more smelly than a vapcap. You can smell your Mighty pretty well even at a meter and in comparison the vapcap smell is really discreet.

On the Dynastash side of the smell, I think they aren't equal. My red mallee dynastashER cap is really tight and when loaded with a dirty vapcap and a load of pugnent material, I can't notice the smell. But I will not trust my Dynastash to protect me against that kind of things ;)

Last edited:

BigJohnny

So one of my caps has become very loose, so loose it falls off if it's tipped up. It wasn't like this before. Not very safe having a tip that can fall off while it's red hot and not very practical either having to make sure the device if always pointed upwards. It also blows off the end between puffs if I exhale slightly. This doesn't happen with my other one. Anyone else have this problem?

BigJohnny,
Reactions: Ricardo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So one of my caps has become very loose, so loose it falls off if it's tipped up. It wasn't like this before. Not very safe having a tip that can fall off while it's red hot and not very practical either having to make sure the device if always pointed upwards. It also blows off the end between puffs if I exhale slightly. This doesn't happen with my other one. Anyone else have this problem?

May have just gone a bit round, give the cap a squeeze to mishape it a little so its more likely to grip

jimfish4130

Try squeezing the cap between your fingers slightly, you should be able to bend it just enough that it grips the tip

BigJohnny

May have just gone a bit round, give the cap a squeeze to mishape it a little so its more likely to grip

Try squeezing the cap between your fingers slightly, you should be able to bend it just enough that it grips the tip

See, I knew someone would come along and solve the problem for me. A little squeeze is all it took and now it's back to fitting on nice and flush without being loose. Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Baron23

I have been using an OG with a similar crack in the chamber without issue for about 2 months. Until it falls apart, I'm going to keep on using it.

I believe I cracked it removing/inserting the CCD to clean and now I just leave the screen in there when I soak in ISO.

Good luck

Chose

So after stinking up the house the other night (I didn't combust) I was wondering what you guys think
How do you rate the vc for smellth
I was convinced after 9 weeks of use the smell was very low but I have poor sence of smell I think from years of smokin cigs
Just wanted some more apinons thanks

Chose,

lookhigh

FC member
I think the smell is high when its in use. This is because of the high (pun intended) temperature used. Having said that you only need a few quick hits comparing to other vapes where you need more, and more exhales means more smell. So all this varies on how much one exhales and how clean the vape is kept.

Chose

I think the smell is high when its in use. This is because of the high (pun intended) temperature used. Having said that you only need a few quick hits comparing to other vapes where you need more, and more exhales means more smell. So all this varies on how much one exhales and how clean the vape is kept.
Yes true I have a beloved solo that I don't use anymore for that very reason it stinks up the place while it's cooking for ten mins
I do think on demand vapes are more smellthy
I recon I just took it really close to the edge I was a bit drunk that night it being Boxing Day

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven

must be fairly common as I posted a pic a few days ago where about half of the circumference broke of in a slim, cat claw looking piece and noone batted an eye or responded. Maybe something to do with heat changes in these cold weather months?

IDK, I'm looking into getting a Ti VonG of some kind with all my fantasy football winnings burning a hole in my pocket. Gonna see if I can hold off for a 4-20 sale though.

beiberhole69,
Reactions: Alexis

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Can a wood mouthpiece be added to a ti Woody or do I need a larger condenser?
Adding a MP to the end would make it XL, so you would need the XL condenser. If you replaced your stem with a body you could use the regular condenser and keep the whole piece to the 3.5" length.
Oooo, I like that word. Very succinct.
I have been using an OG with a similar crack in the chamber without issue for about 2 months. Until it falls apart, I'm going to keep on using it.
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if many OGs failed over time as the nearly direct heating and cooling of the glass must cause some fragility eventually. Or at least it would seem so to me.

More: So after a little more reading about borosillicate glass, these glass stems are not necessarily doomed just by the repeated heating and cooling. If they never have any bumps or bruises they may last a very long time. Forgive my bad assumption... :)

Last edited:

Baron23

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if many OGs failed over time as the nearly direct heating and cooling of the glass must cause some fragility eventually. Or at least it would seem so to me.

More: So after a little more reading about borosillicate glass, these glass stems are not necessarily doomed just by the repeated heating and cooling. If they never have any bumps or bruises they may last a very long time. Forgive my bad assumption... :)

To me its OK either way....cause if I break them then I will buy new OGs for as long as George keeps making them (George...DO NOT STOP MAKING OGs....or I'll cry LOL).

Cheers

Top Bottom