Bad Ocelot

On demand? How about doing a load while you wait for your Volcano to warm up?

I got my BF package today. The new tips are great, I'm glad I decided to add a Ti Glassy at the last minute.

To fuel your VAS, the website now has bodies and stems listed.

I have often used mine while the crafty is heating up, can easily get in 2-3 heat cycles during warm up time. Since I use my vapcap for hash, I get multiple sessions of 2-3 heat cycles per load. Super efficient! And that also means it's often already loaded when I pick it up. Short of having one of my Divine Tribe atty's preloaded it's definitely my quickest vape.

Squiby

My bf order shipped today according to the email.

A ti cocobolo vong. Anyone know if this will have the adjustable bowl? That w

I emailed Matt and he confirmed that all ti tips shipped from the BF sale will be the new in house machined version with the deeper channels and adjustable bowl.

Would the bernzomatic be to powerful?

You mean the torch I use to fix a plumbing leak? I think so.

If you start heating again between the double cooldown click is it possible it won't do the ready click?

If you heat after the ready click but before the cool down click, you won't hear another ready click, but when it cools down it will click. It does not double click twice in one direction.

If that makes any sense at all.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I emailed Matt and he confirmed that all ti tips shipped from the BF sale will be the new in house machined version with the deeper channels and adjustable bowl.

You mean the torch I use to fix a plumbing leak? I think so.

If you heat after the ready click but before the cool down click, you won't hear another ready click, but when it cools down it will click. It does not double click twice in one direction.

If that makes any sense at all.
I definitely get 2 cooldown clicks, I think I usually get 2 ready clicks too.

Squiby

Sorry I guess they have multiple 'bernzomatic' torches. This is the one I'm talking about
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...ernzomatic&dpPl=1&dpID=41SercmIjvL&ref=plSrch
Basically the kind people use for dabbing...

I'm sure it is OK for the Vapcap. I imagine that it has a more intense flame and therefore may use more butane. For me, a lightwieght, it would be overkill.

I definitely get 2 cooldown clicks, I think I usually get 2 ready clicks too.

I always get two ready clicks and two cool down clicks, every time.

However, if you heat after a ready click and before the cooling click, it won't click, it will just keep heating the bowl. Then after you combust, if you do and it begins to cool, it will give you the cool down click.

I hope I haven't confused the original question of " if I heat again before the cool down click will it click again?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I just checked the site and I can't see any price increases. There was a price range in the product configuration on the old site. Price variation based on wood choices, but now they are individually listed, but the prices are the same AFAICT.

Thank you, @Squiby for the heads up!:tup: I had asked Matt for the price of a now unlisted item, & the response I got was, I thought, $15 higher than what I thought the original price was (which price to me was more than reasonable), so it seems I jumped the gun and assumed VapCap had raised the bar on some items. :cheers:

After my post, in the middle of the night, I got a note from on high saying "is there something you were looking for let me know if I can help".

Scared the holy crap out of me! Bejeezee.
My sincere apologies if I was indeed wrong.:goat::doh:

CanadianBakin

I'm really liking the VonG through water. I combusted last night, though. That wasn't fun. Usually I'd notice right away and start blowing on the cap to cool it and contain the damage, but it was the third cycle for that load, so I was expecting a bit harsh and didn't figure it out until near the end of that toke. I'll have to be more careful, especially through water. These new tips are much more efficient, no need to be as aggressive as I was with the old one.

Original VapCap is on sale for $30.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
9ct gold and stone, the band dates to 1919, no idea on what type of stone it is.
ZLzrwGJ.jpg

VapCap breathes a new lease of life into a beautiful antique
y5qyYy1.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
My OMNI and a bunch of other stuff I had been waiting on arrived Thursday. OMNI IS FUCKING AMAZING! Kind of glad I held off as long as I did, though. Got the new Ti tip which is quite excellent. Love the adjustable depth and have had fun playing with it. Heating and heat retention is way better than my 7 month old Ti Woody (which is still great).

Thank you, thank you, thank you - to George, Matt and all the great VCer's here!

All that being said, I'd give it a 4.75 out of 5 stars. There was a good bit of machining slag to be cleaned out (oil & metal crumbs). Be sure to clean one well before use.

There are also a few sharp edges that should've been machined down. One on the edge of the open end of Ti tip, and another on the ledge of the Ti body. Totally understand with the way they must've been cranking these out on the new CNC machine, and not upset about it at all. Neither are sharp enough to cut you without really trying, and am sure I can smooth out easily with some good emery cloth. Also think these small issues will be worked out soon - if they haven't already.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not sniping. Just telling the whole story. Even with these couple snaggers I am very happy with my OMNI and all the other great stuff I received. My only real problem is the damned VCAS!! My OMNI needs more wardrobe than the 3 bodies I have.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Three questions (does it ever stop?). Can Vong bodies be simply interchanged with regular bodies? I imagine so as long as they are both 45mm, but thought I would ask.

Are any of the vongs bodies narrow enough to fit in a standard (original) DynaStash?

Some of the styles like this:
2e5f144729112d2d0e4ece21c5b5bee0.png

Might fit fine, but dimensions would help.

And, the berl that is listed on the site, is there just one particular wood George gets berl from or are there several? Which are those woods? Some of the berl (particularly early) has been much lighter (in color) than other berl.

I know I will be adding bodies as time goes on, but the variety of options is kinda fun.

Part of me thinks it might make sense to bore out the Stash a little bit, but the other part would rather there not be too much extra room to bang around in there...

Squiby

Three questions (does it ever stop?). Can Vong bodies be simply interchanged with regular bodies? I imagine so as long as they are both 45mm, but thought I would ask.

Yes. If you have an Omni condenser, any 45mm body, straight or VonG will fit. A regular condenser can accomodate any 62mm configuration.
- a 45mm body (straight or VonG) plus a 17mm wood mp.
Or
- a 62mm stem (straight or VonG)

Are any of the vongs bodies narrow enough to fit in a standard (original) DynaStash?

Yes, if they are 14mm wide.

The skinny VonG body, 45mm x 14mm and the VonG stem 62mm x 14mm will fit into a regular stash.

The only VonG that will NOT fit is the 18mm wide fat VonG body. The stashes will only accommodate a girth of 14mm.

The XL Dynastash will accommodate any vapcap with an XL condenser and a stem girth of 14mm.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art

I just received my TiVong and Dynastash that I ordered on the BF sale, and it fits perfectly. Mine is the 14mm -- the larger ones won't fit. It looks like you can interchange some of the bodies, but the one I got appears from pictures on the website to be too long to do this. If you look at the site under "Vongs" you can get an idea of what can be done.

Squiby

@cybrguy

There are 5 VonG Vapcap models

- Ti VonG S 14mm

- Ti VonG S 18mm

- Omni VonG

- Ti VonG

- Ti VonG XLS

Ti VonG S:

The Ti VonG S is 3.5 inches long. Is has a regular condenser which accommodates a 62mm configuration. The build includes a 45mm VonG short BODY and a 17mm wood mouthpiece. All wood mouthpieces can spin by the way the condenser orings hold the mp on the condenser. This model has the option of a 14mm or 18mm wide body to use with water tools. A Ti VonG S with a 14mm body will fit into a regular Dynastash/ER. The 18mm wide version will not fit into any current Dynastash/ER.

14mm and 18mm Ti VonG S in Cocobolo.

IMG_20160519_213933702_zpsvfktqbz7.jpg

Omni VonG

The Omni VonG S is 3.5 inches long. Is has an Omni condenser and titanium mp and accommodates a 45mm body. The build includes a 45mm VonG short Body. This model has the option of a 14mm or 18mm wide body to use with water tools. A Omni VonG with a 14mm body will fit into a regular Dynastash/ER. The 18mm wide version will not fit into any current Dynastash/ER.

Ti VonG:

The Ti VonG is also 3.5 inches long. Is has the regular condenser which accommodates a 62mm configuration. The build includes a 62mm VonG long STEM and does NOT have a mouthpiece. A Ti VonG stem tapers from 14mm to 12mm and it will fit into a regular Dynastash/ER.

Ti VonG in Cocobolo

IMG_20160519_212956128_zpsw4xypkj9.jpg

Ti VonG XLS:

The Ti VonG XLS is 4.25 inches long. Is has a n XLcondenser which accommodates a 79mm configuration. The build includes a 62mm VonG long STEM and a 17mm wood mouthpiece. A Ti VonG XLS will fit into an XL Dynastash/ER.

Ti VonG XLS with Blackwood Stem and Burl Mouthpiece.

IMG_20160519_212604342_HDR_zpsbn86ur7n.jpg

All Ti Tipped Vapcaps are fully modular.

Just remember that the condenser determines the configuration possibilities.

Omni condensers accommodate 45mm BODIES.

Regular condensers accommodate a 62mm configuration. Either a 45mm BODY and a 17mm wood mp, OR a 62mm STEM.

XL condensers accommodate a 79mm configuration. A 62mm STEM and a 17mm wood mp.

It's all mix and match.

Have fun!!!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oooooo, lovely post. And ANY 14mm body. That is exciting...

Now, to rob a bank. Just a little one... ;)

I see one of these in my future...
IMG_20160519_213933702_zpsvfktqbz7.jpg

I think the one in my earlier post above may be a stem rather than a body so would work without my MP, but this would work with.

So many options...

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
9ct gold and stone, the band dates to 1919, no idea on what type of stone it is.
ZLzrwGJ.jpg

VapCap breathes a new lease of life into a beautiful antique
y5qyYy1.jpg

Wow, that stone body is completely outstanding!
The color is really nice and fit the vapcap very well!
Well done @phattpiggie you're full of surprises ;)

My OMNI and a bunch of other stuff I had been waiting on arrived Thursday. OMNI IS FUCKING AMAZING! Kind of glad I held off as long as I did, though. Got the new Ti tip which is quite excellent. Love the adjustable depth and have had fun playing with it. Heating and heat retention is way better than my 7 month old Ti Woody (which is still great).

Thank you, thank you, thank you - to George, Matt and all the great VCer's here!

All that being said, I'd give it a 4.75 out of 5 stars. There was a good bit of machining slag to be cleaned out (oil & metal crumbs). Be sure to clean one well before use.

There are also a few sharp edges that should've been machined down. One on the edge of the open end of Ti tip, and another on the ledge of the Ti body. Totally understand with the way they must've been cranking these out on the new CNC machine, and not upset about it at all. Neither are sharp enough to cut you without really trying, and am sure I can smooth out easily with some good emery cloth. Also think these small issues will be worked out soon - if they haven't already.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not sniping. Just telling the whole story. Even with these couple snaggers I am very happy with my OMNI and all the other great stuff I received. My only real problem is the damned VCAS!! My OMNI needs more wardrobe than the 3 bodies I have.

Mine came with the same minor flow as you, but as you said, nothing dangerous just little sharp place where the grooves are.
I don't doubt that the next batch will be better ;)
I can't wait to have my adjustable bowl, this gonna be fun to play with all this new possibilities!

Although, this new tip made me change my technique. Before, it was 3 heat cycle, classic but not so flavorful. Now with this added convection, I'm now aiming on a 5 heat cycle sessions by aiming a lot higher on the double flame I have,ending with two flavorful and cloudy hits, then two powerful and less flavorful hits (still more flavor than the older second heat cycle) and the last hit is for finishing, popcorn taste but still full of vapor.

Now I can enjoy a longer session, way more pleasant than with the older tip!
That's almost a new vapcap :D

I've heard that the VapCap should be the best device for vaping hash. Whats your opinion?

Is the omnivape better than the "normal" one? Could imagine that the ti body is cooling faster?

For me my Omnivap is my favorite vape for concentrates. SS mod or bed if hemp fiber, this thing is so versatile ;)

The Omnivap isn't better, it's different in the way that you can ajust the airflow manually by setting up the taper end to the spot that fits you.
With the other vapcap you have to feather the carb with your finger or do the paper cig mod introduced by @phattpiggie way back in this thread.
The Ti body retain heat quite well and can be hot after a few cycle. But titanium also dissipate heat way quicker. If you want an almost cool body when heating, aim to the carbon body wich almost doesn't get hot ;)

Last edited:

rz

@VapCap & team team - I Got my green package today:love: :rockon:

Still at work so no photoshoots or tests yet, but I've got a gorgeous Omni-damascus and a Ti-Blackwood-S with a nice red-ish coco MP. I also helped a bunch of friends get a piece they want, and everyone is happy :)

I've been shopping lately. I got 500gm of beeswax pellets and a litre of mineral oil - going to be making some bomb-ass wood butter :) (I have some chopping boards and wood stuff at home that's in need, so may as well make the stuff since it's always way more fun :D ).

I gave the damascus a good clean and have been rubbing some beeswax into it and it's gorgeous :) I originally thought it would be a 'smart' outfit, for like.. when I'm wearing a suit, but I can't put it down... Love the weight and feel. Very happy with my wife's belated birthday present for me :)

I've still got some iso alcohol but need to re-stock. I haven't had much luck finding 'isopropyl' around here. Plenty of methanol and denatured ethanol (sd-40). I assume denatured ethanol should be good as long as it gets cleaned off nicely. Any of you guys have some input regarding ethanol/methanol?

I'll be breaking these things in ASAP and I'll try get some photos up sometime.

Happy Capping! :)

-R

Top Bottom