who.stin

You know, bugs bound to a new mailing system and a complete new website are pretty common in the IT world, even in my wrapped reality.

Again, read the thread and realize that you are the only one making a war for a lost mail, while everyone here is happy as hell :D

However this is my last answer to you, send a mail to Matt@dynavap.com or a PM @VapCap, otherwise enjoy your day.

I'm aware that bugs could arise with a completely new website. Shouldn't those features be tested to make sure they're working properly? And if they aren't.. shouldn't they be removed from the website until they actually work?

Or they very well could have just ignored my inquiry. Neither of us really know because we're both just making assumptions at this point.

Yeah.. I might have come on a little strong and I do apologize for that, but you have to understand my frustration in this situation.

I don't even care to bother contacting them after I've already purchased a replacement body. The damage is done. Time to move on.

I understand your frustration with not hearing back from @VapCap and I know it makes no difference to you if the team are busy fulfilling orders etc, etc. They are normally very good at getting back to people.

But at the end of the day your OG didn't break because of any manufacturing defect it broke because you dropped it. I cannot see how any warranty can cover your mistake.

Yeah, that's true. However, they couldn't take a minute to respond with that as an answer? I would've been fine getting that as a response, but to not get ANY SORT of response says a lot. Yet they have no problems when it comes to processing orders? Alright then, I see how it is. :)

There also wasn't any info in their FAQ regarding warranties, which is why I messaged them in the first place. Maybe they should clearly outline that somewhere on their website?

This entire issue could be avoided and I would've ordered sooner rather than later while I waited for a response that never would've been sent.

EDIT: I know I'm not the popular opinion around these parts and a lot of you are going to disagree with me (maybe even flame me), which is totally fine. However, I'm not going to worship the ground George walks on for a vaporizer that has pros and (gassssp) cons as well. I'm merely presenting my personal experience with them as a company and even though a lot of you aren't going to like it.. that's just how it goes.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
who.stin,
Reactions: snamuh

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I've read from multiple posts and on reddit that the VapCap comes with a lifetime warranty. Guess that isn't the case.

I read on reddit that Hillary Clinton was the devil & Donald Trump was Jesus reborn. Just because I read it on the internet does not make it so. If you can find any mention here of a lifetime warranty I am all ears. Sorry but you are living in fantasy land with this lifetime warranty malarkey.

who.stin

I read on reddit that Hillary Clinton was the devil & Donald Trump was Jesus reborn. Just because I read it on the internet does not make it so. If you can find any mention here of a lifetime warranty I am all ears. Sorry but you are living in fantasy land with this lifetime warranty malarkey.

I read that about the recent presidential candidates as well! Everyone knows everything on the internet is the truth! ;)

Lets go back to their website not stating whether or not this has a warranty. Which it clearly DOESN'T state. I messaged them about it and received no response. That's how they decided to approach my question. Simple as that.

I know it's hard for you to look past your false prophet, but damn lol

who.stin,
Reactions: snamuh

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Lets go back to their website not stating whether or not this has a warranty. Which it clearly DOESN'T state. I messaged them about it and received no response. That's how they decided to approach my question. Simple as that.

I don't believe there is any formal warranty, nor one required. If it is not glass it is wood, stainless steel or titanium. Therefore unless you fuck up & break it of your own volition there should be no need for any warranty claim. If you happen to get a defective product (ie: not one you break yourself) all you need to do is contact George or Matt & it will be resolved quickly.

There is no upside to me continuing the conversation here as I will only attract warning points so I will leave it at that.

who.stin

I don't believe there is any formal warranty, nor one required. If it is not glass it is wood, stainless steel or titanium. Therefore unless you fuck up & break it of your own volition there should be no need for any warranty claim. If you happen to get a defective product (ie: not one you break yourself) all you need to do is contact George or Matt & it will be resolved quickly.

There is no upside to me continuing the conversation here as I will only attract warning points so I will leave it at that.

Which should all be outlined on their site. That's all I'm saying.

Toodles! Appreciate the jabs! ;)

who.stin,

Alexis

There also wasn't any info in their FAQ regarding warranties, which is why I messaged them in the first place. Maybe they should clearly outline that somewhere on their website?

This entire issue could be avoided and I would've ordered sooner rather than later while I waited for a response that never would've been sent.

EDIT: I know I'm not the popular opinion around these parts and a lot of you are going to disagree with me (maybe even flame me), which is totally fine. However, I'm not going to worship the ground George walks on for a vaporizer that has pros and (gassssp) cons as well. I'm merely presenting my personal experience with them as a company and even though a lot of you aren't going to like it.. that's just how it goes.
I do think you are being unnecessarily harsh. Dynavap have the absolute best intentions regarding keeping customers happy and providing the best services possible.

They are expanding so quickly. Can you imagine how many emails they must get every day? They always respond to every messgae they receive eventually. Sometimes it will take a while. They have only just shipped my new Ti tip I ordered nearly 3 weeks ago.

It has been an intensely busy period for them at the moment, setting up new in house machinery, designing a new website, developing new products, and answering thousands (I expect) of emails, when they have a second to breathe.

In 370 pages of this thread, I have not yet seen an unhappy customer. A good number have expressed concern, even being critical after their orders did not ship as soon as they wanted, or after not getting a reply back.

But they ALL ate their words and repented after finally hearing from the guys. Nobody to date has reported being unsatisfied with the service eventually.

Would you rather that they didnt try to expand, update, improve etc, or slow it down in order to answer every query sooner.

There is a good chance they have either not gotten your message, or had too many to respond to first. They treat every case with importance and respect, which may mean the queue goes down a little slower than it would if they just brushed through it without really giving a f--k!

Please try not to become the first permanently unhappy customer, they dont deserve any bad sentiment.

You were given the wrong impression regarding a lifetime warranty. Dynavap never suggested that to you or anyone. They dont mention it because there is nothing to mention. Please find me another retailer of glass objects who offers a lifetime warranty.

Im sure this has never happened. How could it, just think about it?

Im sorry you had an accident. That is on you though, it isnt their fault you were fed the wrong info on reddit. I wouldnt actually be surprised if they had finally gotten your message, maybe via a resend, and offered to replace your body, on account of your confusion, just to keep you happy. They do things like that, but their is no onus or obligation for them to do so at all.

Replacing the body yourself is the only right action here. Please give them a fairer chance than this and try not to be so unreasonable. Nobody is perfect, but they have not done anything wrong except perhaps not received, or had axhance yet to respond to ypur query, simply to imform you that the vapcap does not come with a lifetime warranty.

who.stin

I do think you are being unnecessarily harsh. Dynavap have the absolute best intentions regarding keeping customers happy and providing the best services possible.

They are expanding so quickly. Can you imagine how many emails they must get every day? They always respond to every messgae they receive eventually. Sometimes it will take a while. They have only just shipped my new Ti tip I ordered nearly 3 weeks ago.

It has been an intensely busy period for them at the moment, setting up new in house machinery, designing a new website, developing new products, and answering thousands (I expect) of emails, when they have a second to breathe.

In 370 pages of this thread, I have not yet seen an unhappy customer. A good number have expressed concern, even being critical after their orders did not ship as soon as they wanted, or after not getting a reply back.

But they ALL ate their words and repented after finally hearing from the guys. Nobody to date has reported being unsatisfied with the service eventually.

Would you rather that they didnt try to expand, update, improve etc, or slow it down in order to answer every query sooner.

There is a good chance they have either not gotten your message, or had too many to respond to first. They treat every case with importance and respect, which may mean the queue goes down a little slower than it would if they just brushed through it without really giving a f--k!

Please try not to become the first permanently unhappy customer, they dont deserve any bad sentiment.

You were given the wrong impression regarding a lifetime warranty. Dynavap never suggested that to you or anyone. They dont mention it because there is nothing to mention. Please find me another retailer of glass objects who offers a lifetime warranty.

Im sure this has never happened. How could it, just think about it?

Im sorry you had an accident. That is on you though, it isnt their fault you were fed the wrong info on reddit. I wouldnt actually be surprised if they had finally gotten your message, maybe via a resend, and offered to replace your body, on account of your confusion, just to keep you happy. They do things like that, but their is no onus or obligation for them to do so at all.

Replacing the body yourself is the only right action here. Please give them a fairer chance than this and try not to be so unreasonable. Nobody is perfect, but they have not done anything wrong except perhaps not received, or had axhance yet to respond to ypur query, simply to imform you that the vapcap does not come with a lifetime warranty.

Well said! Have a rep.

I know it was my mistake. I was just annoyed/frustrated about the entire situation and vented on here. People understandably got hostile towards me. Can't take that back.

Alexis

Well said! Have a rep.

I know it was my mistake. I was just annoyed/frustrated about the entire situation and vented on here. People understandably got hostile towards me. Can't take that back.
Thank you for being receptive to my words. I didnt mean to sound harsh. Hey, we all get upset and vent a bit here and there. Nobody will think less of you as you have considered reason and renewed your stance, and im sure that is all we all wanted, for Dynavap's sake mainly.
We all want every customer to be happy too, and I really hope you will be with your OG replacement body, you just need to take a bit more care, and maybe one day, upgrade.

I do hope Matt or George get back to you though, just to show that they care, and that you will become another very satisfied customer.

All the best man!

Baron23

I'm going to express an opinion on these recent posts. Not an opinion about DynaVap and George/Matt who I agree are terrific and their sensitivity to customer satisfaction is beyond what is found in most small vape related companies. I also agree that @who.stin came on aggressively and more aggrieved and angry than most of us think would be proper in that situation.

Nor am I going to name and shame. But that sort of does bring up the point I wanted to make.

Bit of history, I was appalled when FF2 came out and people who were having problems with the vape or the company were very often met on this board with flames, insinuations that the complainers didn't know how to inhale properly or put on a lid, etc, etc, etc. Anybody whose opinion did not match the consensus of the thread was harshly castigated personally. I thought this was atrocious.

I urge us to NOT do that here. If the product and company is as good as we think, then it should be able to stand on its own and does not need ardent defenders manning the ramparts to shoot arrows at any poster with any hint of criticism.

My :2c:

Squiby

Looks like George had to raise the bar a bit on prices after the BF sale.

I just checked the site and I can't see any price increases. There was a price range in the product configuration on the old site. Price variation based on wood choices, but now they are individually listed, but the prices are the same AFAICT.

Could have sworn the VapCap has a lifetime warranty..

During last year's crowd funding, George had offered a lifetime warranty for Omni preorders, I believe. That offer has not been extended beyond the Beta version. Nor was it ever offered, obviously for a glass OG Vapcap.

Which should all be outlined on their site. That's all I'm saying.

The policies are clearly detailed on the website. Please refer to to their Refund policy.

https://www.dynavap.com/refund-policy

How many bowls are u guys averaging for a lighter gas tank guys?

It depends on the number of jets on your lighter and the size of your flame and tank reservoir size. My lighters with the smallest reservoirs gives me maybe ten bowls with a one inch long single jet. My largest, lots and lots. Never counted.

How many bowls do you guys vape through this little guy, during a single session?

Only one, ever. I microdose a tiny nug that I tear from a bud, every couple of hours. I never vape more than that at a time.

BigJohnny

I've had my Vapcaps for a good few days now and the initial novelty of having butane powered sticks of elegance and beauty still remains. I've purchased a double flame lighter as opposed to a single flame and I prefer using that now.

For a quick hit or microdose, I use ground up weed and lightly pack the bowl and get one decent hit off it. For a slightly more prolonged session, I'll just stick a little chunk of unground weed in making sure it's fairly tightly packed. Doing this I get 2-3 rounds of about 2-3 tokes each time.

I still marvel at the way that no matter how you load your bowl, whether loose or tight, it extracts evenly every time.

I'm already getting VAS and I'm looking at getting a carbon omi at sometime in the new year....

Last edited:

We5d

I was starting to think it was impossible to combust in this thing (as long as you respect the click) until last night I combusted... then cleaned up everything and then did it instantly again (I should have gone to sleep a few hrs earlier, so maybe a sign). Is it bad to pack as much as humanly possible? Or is it the hash that I'm putting in the middle? Or possibly heating too low in the attempts to get that super thick vapor.

I've charred my load using a double jet scorch torch when focusing low on the tip to get bigger clouds. I've had to use more technique when using a double jet, moving the flame up and down to get more even heat. This is why I prefer a triple and about to try a quad soon

How many bowls do you guys vape through this little guy, during a single session?

When I first got my VapCap I thought I would need like 3 bowls, boy was I wrong! I end up now only ever doing 1 bowl that if I would guess was .05 grams but I have no scale to measure. I've posted previously my AVB is about the size of a nickel flattened

Last edited by a moderator:

snamuh

ghost
Heyo, been awhile since I've been around here...

My bf order shipped today according to the email.

A ti cocobolo vong. Anyone know if this will have the adjustable bowl? That would make this vape even better for me!

My only concern now would be the draw resistance!

I ordered the triple flame torch as well. My plan was to use that torch for on the go, and use my bernzomatic torch at home. Would the bernzomatic be to powerful?

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
...A ti cocobolo vong. Anyone know if this will have the adjustable bowl? That would make this vape even better for me!...
I just received mine today, and it has the adjustable bowl. It has obvious grooves on the inside to seat the screen. I haven't had an opportunity to try it out, but am looking forward to it this weekend.

Chose

I've charred my load using a double jet scorch torch when focusing low on the tip to get bigger clouds. I've had to use more technique when using a double jet, moving the flame up and down to get more even heat. This is why I prefer a triple and about to try a quad soon
The only time I've combusted in the last 8 weeks was with a double torch
I prefer my triple if you get the flame hight right the flames come together in a nice sharp point mutch better controll
I don't use the double anymore the flames are to spread out over heating the digger out end

Choughed

The parts page on the Dynavap website has me considering another order already! My order from November is having a good time sitting in Chicago since the 12th for some reason.. Perhaps the tracking isn't working. No panic just yet, I've had it happen before only to have the package appear in my mailbox magically.

With the emails, it pays to make sure they received the email. Assumptions, and not wanting to be a bother, meant that I didn't get exactly what I wanted to begin with, so if it's important, it's worth making sure. As soon as Matt saw the issue, he bent over backwards to make everything right, but he can't fix what he doesn't know about.

Still absolutely loving my carbon omni! I much prefer it to the OG, but honestly, I still use both of them, because if there's one thing better than a Vapcap, it's two Vapcaps! ;) Hopefully soon, it'll be two Omnis.

If I'm not careful, it'll be a Ti-woody as well.. Damn VAS. I got problems.. :ninja: No, this time I'm gunna wait for a sale! :lol:

Chose

Quick update
After 8 weeks Of use
YES this is the best vape I've ever used
Ticks every box for me
I'm not saying it's the best vape for everyone
But if your an X splif/bong/pipe ripper
This is the vape for you:tup:
OUTSTANDING
I've been looking for this effect for five long years it's been fun it's been hard work and sometimes very disappointing
To switch from smoking is hard to do for old school smokers there's always the feeling you have sold out
And your mate says have a rip on this ( massive spliff)
Now I can honestly say no thank you
Pull out my woody torch it rip it and feel totally satisfied
Thank you@vapcap

Last edited:
Top Bottom