beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
what's the quickest/easiest/cheapest way to get the OG going w/ a bubbler? One of those silicone sleeves? 10mm reducer? what do I need if I only have pieces with 14 or 18mm female joints?

beiberhole69,

herbivore21

Hi Squiby, just chipping in, as your mention of @herbivore21 hasnt come up in white, I thought you may have mispelled it. Just so that (he?) Sees the above posts and has some decent advice regarding concentrates.

And thank you @TheVaporist for your glowing tip review. There have been a number of similarly high praise posts about it, all which make me feel so glad I ordered myself one in the sale.

I knew it was the right thing to do, and I couldnt be nore sure now, before I even have it yet, so its always a nice feeling to know it will be a satusfying and worthwhile purchase, in advance!
Thanks for this one my friend! Indeed, I would have missed this post otherwise since I don't typically watch vape threads (I'm all about the concentrates lol).

For now, cutting and resizing SS wool/S&B concentrate pads/similar makes the best concentrate pads. Make sure you press your concentrate pads with a vise or similar to ensure no loose bits of SS that can be sucked up the airpath. If you are not confident in making the pad in a way that no such debris will get through, I recommend avoiding trying to do this yourself. It is not worth your health guys.

This is all of course until we get an official dynavap concentrate solution someday :)

For those who are not confident, I suggest sticking to a thin bed of herb over your dynavap screen with concentrate to keep your material from melting through the screen until you have options other than DIY pads. You'll get a little bit of harshness as the flower gets spent before the concentrate, but this should be minimal so long as you keep the amount of flower minimal.

A little bit of harsh spent flower taste on the end of your concentrate bowls beats a trip to the emergency room after you inhaled pieces of loose stainless steel wire into your body! :2c:

I've had a wonderful time with my omnivap as my only portable driver, strictly for full melt bubble hash usage (I don't use anything else at all these days). It is so easy to clean, it is straightforward and reliable to use and I don't stress about breaking it! The taste for a bowl of full melt remains outstanding throughout every hit all the way until it is spent (so long as you don't overdo the heat early on).

George has inadvertently given us what is IMO the best concentrate portable without even trying to make a portable for concentrates! :D

Definitely go for the titanium tipped products if you are wanting to use concentrates. However with that being said, the OG glass versions will still work well, you just have to be more careful fitting/making your DIY concentrate pads and applying heat. :2c:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
The standard black silicone mouthpiece fits right in a 14mm. I use mine all the time with a 18>14 reducer.

Hmmmm... mines jiggles around in there. If the top of the tree perc didn't stop it I could put it all the way down to the bottom. You have to angle it to get it airtight?

beiberhole69,

Alexis

Hmmmm... mines jiggles around in there. If the top of the tree perc didn't stop it I could put it all the way down to the bottom. You have to angle it to get it airtight?
I also struggled to get my Omnivap to seal properly with the silicone mouthpiece, in an 18 to 14 mm reducer, and others have too. It has been suggested that the fat mouthpieces vary in size. I think also the newest version of them is smaller or different in some way.

Somebody said they put some tape around it to get it snug. Some use a male joint to put the mouthpiece into, saying it works better than the female. But I dont know if this will be true for the older fat mouthpiece design, and not the current one.

You just need to get a proper seal. I use the Omnivap with the short 18 mm VonG, but if I wanted to use it with the silicone mouthpiece I might try putting some tape around it, you may want an extra mouthmiece for this.

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I also struggled to get my Omnivap to seal properly with the silicone mouthpiece, in an 18 to 14 mm reducer, and others have too. It has been suggested that the fat mouthpieces vary in size. I think also the newest version of them is smaller or different in some way.

Somebody said they put some tape around it to get it snug. Some use a male joint to put the mouthpiece into, saying it works better than the female. But I dont know if this will be true for the older fat mouthpiece design, and not the current one.

You just need to get a proper seal. I use the Omnivap with the short 18 mm VonG, but if I wanted to use it with the silicone mouthpiece I might try putting some tape around it, you may want an extra mouthmiece for this.

I tried with the 18 to 14mm reducer and I had to press it way down in there but eventually it seals. Have to do the rolling paper gum mod on the carb hole as it's too far in to cover it.

vapor production pretty weak for me also, not gettig near as thick milkage as some pics in this thread

beiberhole69,

Alexis

I tried with the 18 to 14mm reducer and I had to press it way down in there but eventually it seals. Have to do the rolling paper gum mod on the carb hole as it's too far in to cover it.

vapor production pretty weak for me also, not gettig near as thick milkage as some pics in this thread
When I tried the Omnivap with the silicone mouthpiece into a 14 mm joint, I also had to push down hard to get a better seal, but Im sure it wasnt perfect still. It was very unsatisfactory in terms of vapor production and milkage.
Nothing like using the Omni with the 18 mm VonG, which whitewalls it easily. Im sure it just isnt creating a proper seal, I also tried it with my mum's OG I got her, and again it was whispy vapor.

I should have experimented with some other fat mouthpieces, I have spares, but as the VonG is working so well, I just havent bothered as I dont need to.

But there is an issue here, and it is affecting a lot of users I believe, even if some dont realise the hits could be so much thicker.
So we need to come together and figure this out, so that easy troubleshooting advice can be given to help everybody get their vapcap working properly with a water tool.

And also I remember now, one key advantage of usong a male joint to put the mouthpiece into, is that it is easier to reach the carb hole, as less of the vapcap is submerged.

I did try the male joint briefly, but still didnt get a proper seal. Still, I would try putting tape around it (mouthpiece) and also try a male joint if you have one.

Failing that, report back. There are many great thinkers here in this thread who could pitch in with ideas and experience. This really needs addressing. I would hate not to be able to milk my Omni in glass as I can.

ZC

I find I combust a LOT lately with the vapcap. Not the cap's fault! Purely user error.

3 or 4 caps in I'll heat it up till it clicks, take a quick hit, get distracted, and then heat it up again before the cooldown click. I tend to realize my mistake just as I'm thinking "Why hasn't it clicked yet" and boom, there's the smell of some herb charcoal.

The bright side is that unlike most other vapes, if I combust with the vapcap I don't actually inhale the smoke.

Squiby

I tend to realize my mistake just as I'm thinking "Why hasn't it clicked yet" and boom, there's the smell of some herb charcoal.

I tend to do the opposite, which is likely why I never combust. I am motivated to heat when I hear the cooling click. If I am distracted and don't hear the click, I just sort of sit there, staring into space, endlessly waiting for that cooling click.

Then, I realize that it's been awhile and get back to it.

Baron23

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
From @VAPEHUNTER page 81 post #2023

Ok... that's more like it.

Just tried with the VC jammed into one of the M ends of a 18-18mm double male and, yea! Had to stop and taste and make sure that wasn't smoke the milkage got so think. THAT's what I had seen on vids... and the carb hole was nice and ease to reach.

Yea, holy crap... forgot to post this and have been taking these massive rips. Ok, I really like this vape.

You don't ever have to worry about the cooldown click this way... you need a minute or two to recover after a toke that big.

jrcmang

Received my Omni today...this thing is just gorgeous! Stunning work I have to say. Love the new Ti body design too. George really has hit it out of the park with this new bowl.

I mentioned earlier that I'm on a break for at least the next few weeks so I can't actually use my Omni. Just been sitting in my office playing around with it and taking dry pulls. The new Ti tips most definitely have an easier draw resistance compared to my Ti Coco XLS and Burl Vong. It's driving me nuts that I can't use this right now. Few observations I thought I would add too.

I recommend to anyone that gets a new Omni to take everything apart, including o-rings, and give everything a good cleaning. When I received mine I noticed a machine/metal like smell and taste when drawing on it. Decided to give a good cleaning to everything and I'm glad I did. After running an iso soaked q tip through the bowl and condenser, there was definitely some slight amount of what I believe to be leftover machine oil. Reminded me of years back when I vaped ejuice and would buy a new tank or rda and there was that machine oil smell. After letting all the parts soak in iso for about 15 minutes, I washed everything off with soap and warm water. The smell and taste is now completely gone. So I highly recommend giving everything a good cleaning before use.

The whole adjustable airlflow is so cool....especially when you have the glass body on and can see it in action. I don't seem to notice much of a difference though in draw resistance when adjusting the airflow. Only time it seems to make much of a difference is when I have it completely closed off and it blocks the carb. But that is just the carb being blocked. The draw resistance seems to be essentially the same. Is this similar to other Omni users experiences? The draw resistance may be a little easier when its wide open compared to it being closed off but its hard for me to tell. I had my wife try and she didn't seem to notice any difference. I thought it would have been more pronounced. Keep it mind though I'm just doing dry pulls so I haven't got to put it in action and see if there is differences in vapor output.

Now I just need to order 3 more of the new Ti tips for my others Ti Woodies. I love the improved airflow so much...not to mention its driving my OCD crazy having different Ti tips. But yeah...anyone considering picking up an Omni just do it. This thing is marvelous....and I haven't even actually used it. Thanks once again to the whole @VapCap crew. You guys have made me one happy customer once again.

Edit...I'm an idiot. I just didn't quite realize how the adjustable airflow was working. It applies to the carb not being covered. I can now see how the draw resistance is changed when you draw with the carb uncovered. I was thinking the airflow would have changed even when your finger was covering the carb. I can now see how each twist effects the ariflow when you are drawing with the carb uncovered. Been a long past two days with work so I'm feeling a little fried. Not to mention I can't fucking medicate.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I like that wooden holder in the background, did you make that or find it somewhere? I've been looking at some similar items on etsy.

I had a couple made up for me by a cabinet maker friend as a favour. I will be modifying at least one over chrissy & installing a neo magnet or two but they are quite big beasts. If I was doing it again I would change the configuration a bit & reduce the size. Still it is a perfect dock for my pup & keeps things nice & tidy.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
I recommend to anyone that gets a new Omni to take everything apart, including o-rings, and give everything a good cleaning. When I received mine I noticed a machine/metal like smell and taste when drawing on it. Decided to give a good cleaning to everything and I'm glad I did. After running an iso soaked q tip through the bowl and condenser, there was definitely some slight amount of what I believe to be leftover machine oil. Reminded me of years back when I vaped ejuice and would buy a new tank or rda and there was that machine oil smell. After letting all the parts soak in iso for about 15 minutes, I washed everything off with soap and warm water. The smell and taste is now completely gone. So I highly recommend giving everything a good cleaning before use.

I agree, mine too had a little machining oil leftover, and some black stuff on the oring.
You can definitely smell it so as @jrcmang said, give it a good cleaning before use (iso or ethanol for titanium tip, cap, CCD and condenser, soap for orings).

Although, did you notice that George has listened us? The random ecig girls are gone and replaced by a wonderful picture of a cap being drilled, and some nice words aside of it.
Well done @VapCap, this suit you a lot better!

Last edited:

LowfiChill

@jrcmang I was telling myself the same thing regarding the omnivap when it arrived 3 days ago.... but impatience got the better of me :rofl:and now I'm disappointed in myself lol. I'll be running to the store to restock on ISO on my way home in a bit to give it a good cleaning. Better late than never right? I did blow on it a few times when I inspected it for any metal shavings and dirt/debris so I guess that's something. You can't die from vaping machine oil right? Haha... right?! Please don't let me die!:(

Last edited:

Alexis

I find I combust a LOT lately with the vapcap. Not the cap's fault! Purely user error.

3 or 4 caps in I'll heat it up till it clicks, take a quick hit, get distracted, and then heat it up again before the cooldown click. I tend to realize my mistake just as I'm thinking "Why hasn't it clicked yet" and boom, there's the smell of some herb charcoal.

The bright side is that unlike most other vapes, if I combust with the vapcap I don't actually inhale the smoke.
You know, I have actually developed a momentary phobia of combusting. My last day of vaping, aftr having combusted just twice in 6 weeks of Omni use (once just slightly past click, once distracted and premature re-heat), I managed to combust twice in 10 minutes, wasting 2 precious loads.

I got distracted in anticipation of an interruption while heating, and went too far. Then after refilling, and getting no vapor on a draw, I reheated hastily, and bam, full on stinkiness.

I can avoid these pitfalls in future by just paying attention. I allowed myself to get complacent.
Howevet, I do have tinnitus and my hearing isnt so great, so my phobia is to do with noise in the environment. Like when I used it in a car, with the heater blowing. I just wasnt comfortable and was sure I would miss the click. Im not too confident either about feeling the click.

Im hoping maybe my cap is a quiet clicker, and that my new, untried cap will be louder, or more feelable. But I will have to do some dry runs with noise around to see if I can feel it reliably.

@beiberhole69 , Im so glad you have got it sorted through water now. Big thanks to @Morty for chipping in with a solid explanation.

Success for the community, and what a big community it is. I wonder if this thread is the fastest moving on this site?

Baron23

Im hoping maybe my cap is a quiet clicker, and that my new, untried cap will be louder, or more feelable. But I will have to do some dry runs with noise around to see if I can feel it reliably.

Sometimes I get a loud double click and sometimes not...maybe is a single click and soft. At all times, however, when in doubt I stop heating. I'm a bit hard of hearing and sometimes will stop heating on the vibration of the click rather than the sound (with OGs, have no idea if you can feel vibration of click with the heavier Omnis).

I HATE combusting in a VC and try very hard to err to the safe side. I can always reheat if I cut it off too soon.

Best of luck

Alexis

I have two words for missing the cool-click. "Altoids Tin". A "Curious and Original Clicking Experience".:brow:
Just saying. Doc
You have just reminded me of a thought I had yesterday. @TheVaporist was saying how the new tip is much easier to put in the body, less effort required. With my first cap, it was a very tight fit. I had a hard job removing it when too hot to grip firmly for more than a few seconds, and it was practucally impossible to remove with a magnet when it was hot too, due to thermal expansion of the tip. What happened is the whole tip would start pulling out of the VonG/body, before the cap came free.

For sure, using the tin as you suggest, and magnet as a heat sink would be a good idea here.

I have tried it with some tins I had, but the magnet just pulled off the tin first. It holds much stronger with a thicker bit of metal, like a table leg. I have been lazy about adopting a tin heat sink method, partly because I couldnt remove the cap that way. But hopefully me new replacement cap, courtesy of "the guys", will allow that. Not tried it yet.

So my wonder is if the new tips will come free from the body more easily, and in the case of a tight cap, maybe be harder to remove with the magnet, before the tip comes free.

Alexis,

Rockstarr

Hi guys, I'm a little concerned, I ordered an omni a wk before Black Friday and have heard nothing but initial order confirmation, people that ordered on Black Friday are receiving there's? What's up with that?

Rockstarr,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom