herbalist33

I am finding myself envious of all those who will soon own the new Ti tip, and am very tempted to buy myself one this weekend, if it seems like it will make a noticeable improvement to how my Omnivap functions.
You seem very pleased with yours so far. Is thee really an improvement? I like the idea of a greater ratio of convection, and if there is better airflow too, an added bonus.

I have also been keen on having my own OG as well, so I could get just the Ti tip and an OG for $60 in the sale, about £48.

Do you think it will be worth it, ultimately, to upgrade the Ti tip now? I have felt the experience of using the Omnivap could be improved, and I like the sound of your early reports.
Or do you think I should just save myself the £48? (Please dont feel like I blame anybody for advice whichever way, just, if it isnt a massive difference thats all.)

Regarding our discussion of customs, I certainly won't be encouraging any company to downmark goods for customs purposes, but in his case the fellas are already doing something to avoid it, but it is failing due to conversion rates, so seeing as it is said people's idea and intention initially, it just seems logical and acceptable to let them know a number of us are being hit wih VAT, and if it is their own express wish to reduce prices so we can keep our order totals below £15, then they will be free to do so and use the feedback any way they like, it isnt like I am suggesting or encouraging the idea, but I do understand whre you are coming from.

Any advice on the Ti tip will be very appreciated thanks, any time.

It occurred to me before that because Dynavaps green delivery envelopes are so unique and identifiable that before long as sales go up and higher volumes of green envelopes start going through customs that eventually suspicions will be raised. It is a great shame, but it's our customs/post offices that are to blame.

As for the new ti tip, I too am thinking of buying one 2moro. From looking at the photo of it, it looks like the spiral grooves are deeper allowing more air to flow under the cap, and the spiral is tighter, creating a longer air path which allows more time for the air to be heated before it turns 180• it hits the herb. Obviously we can't tell if anything has changed with the internal wall diameters of the tip etc, but the changes to the grooves itself I think would make a noticeable difference, especially with the carb sealed or omni set to max restriction. I'm looking forward to trying it. I have two different generations of ti tip already, and the newest of the two performs much better IMO.

Peace

Squiby

George charged me $25 for my last one :cool:

Here is a page with some designs I've found

Many thanks! There are some awesome designs for a VC cap on this page. Much appreciated!

1) Is it worth the extra $15 (-20%) to get the vapcap s as opposed to the og?
2) I already have multiple single flame torch lighters, do I need a triple or quad flame to get the best use of my vc, or would a single flame suffice?

I echo everything @natural farmer said. The extra $15 is for the XL condenser kit with mp. So you save $10 over buying it separately if you feel that you will be branching out into the more modular Ti Tipped series.

But strictly between the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap S, I personally would get the OG. If you want to upgrade, go directly to the Ti Tipped Vapcaps. They are much tougher. The tip is virtually indestructible. The Ti Tipped VCs are fully modular so the sky is the limit as far as customizable options go. And of course they are, IMHO, stunningly beautiful.

Durability and beauty go a long way with me.

I have single, double and quad torches. I like them all and use them all in rotation until they are empty. Then I fill them all up at once. I probably use the single jet lighters more often.

One thing to note about jet lighters is that a single jet requires a different heating technique compared to the double, triple and quad torches.

The single jet requires you to move your flame back and forth over a section of the cap while twirling or rotating the VC in the other hand.

The multiple jets cover a section of the cap so the lighter hand can remain steady while the VC is twirled.

A single jet requires a slightly more coordinated effort. But I really enjoy the process.

Last edited:

Joaon

Which torch do you recommend for this vape? Is this one good? http://www.dynavap.com/product/quad-torch/

Also, I live in Belgium. Will the package have the real price on it? Because I'd have to pay a LOT of import tax.

Oh yeah, any sale coming up that I should wait for?

Thanks!

You have all answers of your questions just a few post above ..

Anyhow:
Any torch lighter works. I tend to prefer single ones, and dual for outdoor or quick sessions.
Some of us prefers triple or quad..
About custom charges, order price is $20 on package. It seems there is a little bug in UK with sterling exchange rate.
And there is a Black Friday -20% & free shipping offer from 12:01 CST Friday through midnight Monday

;)

Last edited:

Alexis

Hi everyone

I am looking to purchase my first Vapcap. I really like this one: http://www.dynavap.com/product/ti-woody-s/

Which torch do you recommend for this vape? Is this one good? http://www.dynavap.com/product/quad-torch/

Also, I live in Belgium. Will the package have the real price on it? Because I'd have to pay a LOT of import tax.

Oh yeah, any sale coming up that I should wait for?

Thanks!

Just to elaborate on @Joaon 's useful summary, even if your order total of $20 does incur customs, the amount will be small. But that all depends of course on what the deal is in Belgium.

For example, do you know the value at which VAT is charged (I mean the cost of your parcel they are inspecting)?
In the UK at the moment, VAT is incurred at value over £15. The VAT itself would be only be £3 ish on a £20 order value, but there is an £8 handling charge that we are so happy to pay to the greedy government.

Truthfully, it is because after they have filled out the papperwork and put the calculator aside, they think "bloody hell, is that all I got for that, £3? We better invent a new cost cos we're not going to take enough of their money this way."

Sorry, just the way I picture it.
So my customs charge for my order from Dynavap, which I am yet to collect, is £11.26. But £8 of that is the handling charge, otherwise on small orders like this (20$/£) the VAT isnt that bad.

On a much more expensive order, the handling charge makes less difference, and the VAT adds up.
So try and find out the value of import goods at which customs is applied. If it is above the standard $20 order total, then there should be no charges. If it is over, then again the VAT will be small, but you may have to pay some sort of handling charge. If you can find that out as well, you will know what to expect, but it wont be extortionate unless things are massively different in Belgium.

Sorry, rambling thanks to Durban Poison edibles. Very nice, no tough break from vapor at all!

natural farmer

The single jet requires you to move your flame back and forth over a section of the cap while twirling or rotating the VC in the other hand.

I actually never move my single torch back and forth... I just keep it at the lower part of the cap (but not right next to the digger), I keep the flame at a 45° angle pointing towards the tip of the cap and just slowly twist the Vapcap until the click or a tad more. Never charred using this method, I get big clouds and it's either two heating cycles or three if I want to push it and taste some toasty flavours... :p Very easy heating, no dexterity needed at all! :tup:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Not any real difference between OG and S other than the woody mouthpiece on the S and of course the looks! :brow:
Actually I kind of prefer OG in that I can see the vapor flow through the glass condenser and also watch that sweet resin honey that is accumulated in there and soon end in my lungs... :drool: :p

Oh, and I prefer single flame cause for me it's more precise in dialing in the perfect temp... And more forgiving! ;)
I echo everything @natural farmer said. The extra $15 is for the XL condenser kit with mp. So you save $10 over buying it separately if you feel that you will be branching out into the more modular Ti Tipped series.

But strictly between the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap S, I personally would get the OG. If you want to upgrade, go directly to the Ti Tipped Vapcaps. They are much tougher. The tip is virtually indestructible. The Ti Tipped VCs are fully modular so the sky is the limit as far as customizable options go. And of course they are, IMHO, stunningly beautiful.

Durability and beauty go a long way with me.

I have single, double and quad torches. I like them all and use them all in rotation until they are empty. Then I fill them all up at once. I probably use the single jet lighters more often.

One thing to note about jet lighters is that a single jet requires a different heating technique compared to the double, triple and quad torches.

The multiple jets cover a section of the cap so the lighter hand can remain steady while the VC is twirled.

A single jet requires a slightly more coordinated effort. But I really enjoy the process.
One thing to consider og vs vapcap s is that if you use out and about the og will show the use, the honey or reclaim in the glass condenser. Where as the vap cap s will hide it more with the steel condensor. I have og, vap cap s, ti woody and ti vong s.
Thanks for the great, fast answers! I expected nothing less from an FC thread. I like that a single flame can work well, and is even some people's preferred lighter. If the vc works half as well as people here describe, then I'm sure I'll end up putting in a bigger order eventually, but I'm just going to start with the og. My initial plan is to just use it at home, but that may change depending on my experience. Thanks!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Man, that Black Friday sale looks like it is too good to pass up. I have been eyeing the vapcap for a while and I am now deciding what I want to buy. I am trying to keep this as cheap as possible for an initial foray into the world of vapcap. It will be easier for me to justify the cost if I keep it very low. If I end up loving it then it would be easier to justify the more durable vc products.

I currently use a Milaana as my daily driver and while I am out. I have read that the two complement each other well. I have a couple of questions for the kind people of this thread as I make my decision.

1) Is it worth the extra $15 (-20%) to get the vapcap s as opposed to the og?
2) I already have multiple single flame torch lighters, do I need a triple or quad flame to get the best use of my vc, or would a single flame suffice?

Hey fluff, good to see you around mate! :wave:
Your questions have been answered as I can see - to all I can add is:
come on in! You'll have the best moment to do so very soon:tup::clap:

You're gonna like it, owning the Mi I can say that :p

Baron23

@Baron23 Yes. 18mm male to male. Here's a picture.

My bad. Should of explained it better. I was just wondering if one method worked better than the other (18mm M-M vs. the SonG). Happy bird day everyone!
No, I have never done that and don't quite understand why it would be preferable to mating to a 14 mm female. A 14mm hole is a 14mm hole...no?

I just don't see an advantage to an 18mm M to 14 F adapter for this use case. Any idea why that approach would be preferable?

Baron23,
Reactions: pocketed

Chose

Just to elaborate on @Joaon 's useful summary, even if your order total of $20 does incur customs, the amount will be small. But that all depends of course on what the deal is in Belgium.

For example, do you know the value at which VAT is charged (I mean the cost of your parcel they are inspecting)?
In the UK at the moment, VAT is incurred at value over £15. The VAT itself would be only be £3 ish on a £20 order value, but there is an £8 handling charge that we are so happy to pay to the greedy government.

Truthfully, it is because after they have filled out the papperwork and put the calculator aside, they think "bloody hell, is that all I got for that, £3? We better invent a new cost cos we're not going to take enough of their money this way."

Sorry, just the way I picture it.
So my customs charge for my order from Dynavap, which I am yet to collect, is £11.26. But £8 of that is the handling charge, otherwise on small orders like this (20$/£) the VAT isnt that bad.

On a much more expensive order, the handling charge makes less difference, and the VAT adds up.
So try and find out the value of import goods at which customs is applied. If it is above the standard $20 order total, then there should be no charges. If it is over, then again the VAT will be small, but you may have to pay some sort of handling charge. If you can find that out as well, you will know what to expect, but it wont be extortionate unless things are massively different in Belgium.

Sorry, rambling thanks to Durban Poison edibles. Very nice, no tough break from vapor at all!
Yep the exchange rate is terrible at the moment
When I backed the hopper it cost me 99 usd that was about £63
I had a massive list for Black Friday @VapCap
But now I've had to strip it right back :huh:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, I'm a little confused, sorry. I thought I read (tho I can't find the post) that ALL VapCaps, including the OG and the S now have the titanium tip. Is that correct?

Edit: OK, I think I found the post I thought said this, and it does not, I misread it. So the S and the OG still are glass tipped. Sorry for any confusion... ;)

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: Shannock

*plainlazy*

I would say og but only just. Do a low temp heat and the flavour Is impressive. But ti not far behind. Vapcap s is a nice mix and the wood mouthpiece I'm sure gives it a flavour too.
Can't go wrong with anything you buy from them. Nothing has disappointed me so far.

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Not long to go until BF...

I still can't decide between an OG or a Ti Woody. I'm drawn towards the woody due to it being more expensive so the discount makes it more affordable for me and I can always buy an OG later, whereas after the sale I will struggle to afford a woody.

You can get the Ti woody, and the OG body and use the same cap? adds only $15 to total before discount

Chose

Not long to go until BF...

I still can't decide between an OG or a Ti Woody. I'm drawn towards the woody due to it being more expensive so the discount makes it more affordable for me and I can always buy an OG later, whereas after the sale I will struggle to afford a woody.
If you can go for the woody
I dropped my OG after only two days (in the tube case out of the cupboard on to the work surface and it smashed the body I was gutted
Didn't even get to know it
Only used it twice but was very impressed for the price
I also dropped my ti woody on to a tile floor from about four feet high (not in the case)
Not a scratch on it no damage at all
So for me personally the extra
Spend was well worth it
And with 20 percent off and free shipping that's a great deal

Last edited:

BigJohnny

You can get the Ti woody, and the OG body and use the same cap? adds only $15 to total before discount

I dropped my OG after only two days (in the tube case out of the cupboard on to the work surface and it smashed the body I was gutted
I also dropped my ti woody on to a tile floor from about four feet high (not in the case)
Spend was well worth it

The Ti Woody is right at the top of our budget as me and the mrs don't get paid until next week so can't get the woody and an OG body as well, so based on your replies I think I'll go for the woody. Cheers.

edit: that's with a dynastash as well, can't not have one of those beauties.

Squiby

Edit: OK, I think I found the post I thought said this, and it does not, I misread it. So the S and the OG still are glass tipped. Sorry for any confusion... ;)

The Vapcap OG and the Vapcap S, both have the one piece glass body/bowl.

The Ti Woody S is Ti Tipped, has a regular condenser with short 45mm body and wood mp. It is 3.5 inches long.

The Ti VonG S is Ti Tipped, also has a regular condenser, with short 45mm VonG body with either a 14mm or 18mm girth and wood mp. It is 3.5 inches long.

I think that you have decided; Get a Woody. You won't regret it and it will likely be a long time before this deal is repeated.

The cap is universal and fits ALL Dynavap brand Vapcaps.

If you just buy the Vapcap OG one piece body/bowl, you will still need the glass condenser and soft mp. Or you can use the cap, condenser and wood mp from your Woody if you purchase the Ti Woody XLS which has the XL condenser and wood mp. A Ti Woody XLS is 4.25 inches long and the wood midsection, called a STEM is 62mm long.

If you do this, you will have created a Vapcap S model.

*plainlazy*

Spend was well worth it
And with 20 percent off and free shipping that's a great deal

If your ordering black Friday mention to Matt about your accident with the og. He helped me out when I chipped the bowl on my og. Be worth it

Chose

The Ti Woody is right at the top of our budget as me and the mrs don't get paid until next week so can't get the woody and an OG body as well, so based on your replies I think I'll go for the woody. Cheers.

edit: that's with a dynastash as well, can't not have one of those beauties.
Or you could buy a dynamag for 5dollars put it on a tobacco tin and get the OG also then buy the dynastash of @VapeFiend.com when you get paid
Actually forget about the magnet by the time your vapes arive from the USA
You will have a stash waiting :clap:
Use code hi5 for£5.00 discount and it's free delivery:tup:

Top Bottom