smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
Quick question for all the seasoned cappers out there. Whats a good method to get the ccd screen out of the ti tip without damaging it? Its easy to pop in there but seems alot more trouble to remove.

smokeydabear,

Squiby

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@The Beagle - Just to be a bit contrary, I prefer the Ti Woody because it doesn't have that add on mouthpiece! LOL We are indeed many and varied. haha

To me, the MP looks added on. I find the Ti Woody double crown to be simple, stylish, and sleek. I never noticed the end feeling cold to my lips but...dang, I bet I notice the next time. LOL

I also have recently put my Ti Woody into a Delta 3D Studio's 'Nearly Universal Vape to Waterpipe Adapter (in Medium) I love the Nearly Universal part hehe. I do love @Ratchett's stuff and this SONG (silicone to glass) adapter worked wonderfully with my water tools.

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

I personally do not like the ceramic screens. I broke mine straight away. Two things to do:

1) get one of those small concave Ti screens that every head shop and online retailer seems to carry. They are primarily used, I believe, as screens in the bottom bong slide bowls. Fits in there perfectly. Make sure to keep the little C clip that holds the ceramic screen in place. Put this in after the new Ti screen and all is good.

2) Ask George/Matt for an OG CCD (thin Ti screen that is used with OG). Again, be sure to keep the C clip. Just press the Ti screen into place (which something like the blunt end of a pencil or chopstick) and pop the C clip in. I don't think the C clip is needed with the CCD, but I like the extra security (false or otherwise haha)

I have never used an Omni so I can't tell you anything about them.

If you get a Ti Woody of some sort (or Omni), think about springing for another $35 and get an OG also. You will find it money well spent.

Cheers

+1 for the straight ti/woody. Honestly haven't tried any of the extended pieces with mouthpieces, yet. But love my Ti/Burly. I usually use it in traffic or out and about and think it comes off looking like some sort of e-cig as long as no one sees you heating.

Hi!

Is there any specific information or coupon code for this deal, what I probably missed?! I can't find any change after the Vapcap link on the linked Planat of the vapes site.

I would like to try out this awesome little vape after all your wonderful reviews and here is my chance, if this deal works out. It would be a nice christmas gift for myself.:)

Thanks for the help,
aloha: Boxy

None right now, but keep your eyes on this thread if looking for discounts. I don't know more than anyone else on here about it, but would be surprised if George didn't have Black Friday and/or holiday sales. He seems to be a good businessman as well as a vape engineering genius. Keep in mind, when you buy at discount time your order is probably going to take a little longer to get to you because of higher volumes on DynaVaps end.

Quick question for all the seasoned cappers out there. Whats a good method to get the ccd screen out of the ti tip without damaging it? Its easy to pop in there but seems alot more trouble to remove.

I do as George instructs in his vid....

There are a few vids at the bottom of product pages that aren't on the DynaVap video page. Poke around - they're not too hard to find.

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
You should be able to pop it out using the condenser through the mp end of the ti tip. Here are some videos from George showing a couple of techniques.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-263#post-1021134

+1 for the straight ti/woody. Honestly haven't tried any of the extended pieces with mouthpieces, yet. But love my Ti/Burly. I usually use it in traffic or out and about and think it comes off looking like some sort of e-cig as long as no one sees you heating.

None right now, but keep your eyes on this thread if looking for discounts. I don't know more than anyone else on here about it, but would be surprised if George didn't have Black Friday and/or holiday sales. He seems to be a good businessman as well as a vape engineering genius. Keep in mind, when you buy at discount time your order is probably going to take a little longer to get to you because of higher volumes on DynaVaps end.

I do as George instructs in his vid....

There are a few vids at the bottom of product pages that aren't on the DynaVap video page. Poke around - they're not too hard to find.
Thanks for the responses guys, I've seen the vids and that works well with for the ceramic screens but not so much for the ccd screens ime. I took out a ccd using that method and it kind of warped the screen, maybe because its more flexible. Just wondering if anyone had a different technique

smokeydabear,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks for the responses guys, I've seen the vids and that works well with for the ceramic screens but not so much for the ccd screens ime. I took out a ccd using that method and it kind of warped the screen, maybe because its more flexible. Just wondering if anyone had a different technique

Try something a little larger diameter. I have a bunch of little dowels I've collected over the years that come in handy for different vapes and accessories. The right sized one would probably be better because it would cover more of the surface area (instead of just pushing on the middle).

jimfish4130

Which way round do you have the ccd when you put it in? If you have it the way round it comes installed in the OG then it kind of expands and locks in place when you push it in (ti mp works perfectly for this) and unlocks when you use something to gently push it out

*plainlazy*

My latest order is due through my door any day now, tracking info says it's in the uk.
Got this pic from Matt before it was posted. Can wait to try ti woody and also my vapcap s.
Check out the pic.

All with the older logo as requested. Apart from the new stash tube. And got a replacement og body that was thrown in under warranty.

Been reading all the posts of newbies trying to find their way with the different caps.
My findings are =
My og hits differently to my ti vong s.
My vong is better with the bong.
I've never felt the need to remove screens from either just soak all of the og in ISO apart from the rubber mouthpiece.
Ti vong bowl goes in ISO with out removing screen CCD.
I've used single double and triple torches. And for me the single torch is the best. You can heat more accurately on the cap with different results. Can run three cycles heating the tip for flavour. Heat the cap in the middle for mid range hit or at the digger outer for a heavy hit. Or any combination.
Would recommend trying all torch lighters to find what you prefer. But for me single flame torch is the best.
Do find mouth to lung and carb completely covered on the og works best and end of hit release the carb.
With ti vong mouth to lung but carb open. But when using with bong mixture of carb open and closed to white wall the glass.
I've never combusted with og. Only with ti vong s have I turned a bowl to ash.

What ever you newbies choose def add a og to your order truly amazing little vape. Then pick your torch.

Anyway hope everyone is good and enjoying their weekend with their favourite cap
Peace

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
Which way round do you have the ccd when you put it in? If you have it the way round it comes installed in the OG then it kind of expands and locks in place when you push it in (ti mp works perfectly for this) and unlocks when you use something to gently push it out
I probably pushed it in futher than it should be tbh. I believe in clicked in but I pushed it in further because it would've made the bowl shorter if I had stopped there. So it was pretty much resting on the inside edge of the ti tip. It doesn't help that I was seemingly born with two right hands and I'm left handed:ko:

jimfish4130

I probably pushed it in futher than it should be tbh. I believe in clicked in but I pushed it in further because it would've made the bowl shorter if I had stopped there. So it was pretty much resting on the inside edge of the ti tip. It doesn't help that I was seemingly born with two right hands and I'm left handed:ko:

I push my ccd as far down as it goes too but I put a bit of ss screen behind it, that could be what stops it deforming when it poke it back out

------
Imgur wouldn't let me upload pics cos my phone sucks but this is how I replace my screen

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNAs56ABFOX/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNAs8sBhuP-/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNAs_HIBD--/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNAtEqhB5Wd/

Last edited:

bobcool09

I think I have discovered a new use technique for my VapCap. I have a Ti Woody that I use with a silicone mouthpiece because I find it more comfortable to hold in my mouth with it.

What you do is, with your cap off and bowl empty of material, point a single flame torch into it while you inhale, like a sticky brick I believe. I held mine about 1/2 an inch away, maybe a little less. It seems to consume the stuff on the inside of the condenser tube, and gave me a very nice hit. I could feel the warmth in my mouth easily, so I could adjust the placement of my lighter. I also held my vapcap with my fingers on the wood close to the crown by the bowl. That assured I don't burn my precious wood.

Please, let me know if what I'm doing seems to be harmful to the vapcap or me. Just thought of it mid-session and tried it out. Seemed to work very well, and would be a convenient way to utilize the sticky goodness that condenses.

Last edited:

Squiby

with your cap off and bowl empty of material, point a single flame torch into it while you inhale, like a sticky brick I believe. I held mine about 1/2 an inch away, maybe a little less. It seems to consume the stuff on the inside of the condenser tube, and gave me a very nice hit.

This sounds just like what we used to do to in the 70s to smoke reclaim from a well used hash pipe. After a few good empty bowl hits, the remaining reclaim in the stem could scooped out warm with a needle and put into the pipe bowl or spread on some rolling papers.

I think that you are cleaning up your buildup the old fashioned way; by smoking it. :myday:

Anyway, I'm sure that the titanium can take it. As @lookhigh mentioned the heat may be hard on the orings and I think, over time, the wood as well.

Certainly an Omni would be able to tolerate this treatment endlessly, with a supply of orings

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Woah thank you all guys (and girls!), what a nice and friendly community you have here!

I prefer the Ti Woody S models over both the Ti Woody and the Ti Woody XLS with the XL condenser and mp. I like the shorter length (3.5 inches) of Ti Woody S over the longer Ti Woody XLS (4.25 inches).

Thanks for the sizes breakdown, very useful.

Right now, they come with a ceramic screen however George has a new CCD screen as well.

I prefer metal screens as they can be cleaned torching them without the fear that heat stress is going tho break them as it always happened to me with ceramic screens.

Between a straight body or a VonG body, i would choose a VonG body.

I prefer the look of the regular straight body as I think I'm going to use the Vapcap mostly dry and mostly outdoor, that's why I was thinking about a VONG to add when needed.

It should last a lifetime with its all metal construction. The Omnivap has the added feature of the dialed in titanium mp that allows you to adjust the airflow resistance without the use of the carb.

I prefer the wood body (I'm used to the wood metal combo of the Vapman and the Lotus) and while I understand I could require a wood body to be shipped with the Omnivap the price increase seems quite steep to me given that the adjustable airflow is the only added feature. Or am I missing something?

To me, the MP looks added on. I find the Ti Woody double crown to be simple, stylish, and sleek.

That's why I was dubious, the mouthpiece looks added on to me as well, I find it somehow detrimental to the overall aesthetic of the VapCap.

I personally do not like the ceramic screens. I broke mine straight away. Two things to do:

1) get one of those small concave Ti screens that every head shop and online retailer seems to carry. They are primarily used, I believe, as screens in the bottom bong slide bowls.

I have some of them that I tried into my Lotus wpa, what's the internal diameter of the VapCap bowl?

2) Ask George/Matt for an OG CCD (thin Ti screen that is used with OG).

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be asking him for a couple of them just to be sure.

it comes off looking like some sort of e-cig as long as no one sees you heating.

Yeah that's the main reason I'm interested into the VapCap, to have a more discreet and pocketable alternative to my beloved Vapman. And you know, VAS...

Squiby

I prefer metal screens as they can be cleaned torching them without the fear that heat stress is going tho break them as it always happened to me with ceramic screens.

I have replaced my ceramic screens with 8mm titanium screens. They pop in nicely and I secure them with the same resistance clip that holds in the ceramic screen.

unySiVY.jpg

I got mine from eBay.

The next time I place a Dynavap order I will include some CCD screens that George created.

price increase seems quite steep to me given that the adjustable airflow is the only added feature. Or am I missing something?

No. I think you got it. The Omnivap is the toughest model. Indestructible. And it sports the adjustable airflow feature. You are paying for the material and the precision design of the air flow controlling mp/condenser.

Yeah that's the main reason I'm interested into the VapCap, to have a more discreet and pocketable alternative to my beloved Vapman. And you know, VAS...

The Vapman was my devoted daily driver before I discovered the Vapcap. If you like the Vapman, you will love the Vapcap.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
The Vapman was my devoted daily driver before I discovered the Vapcap. If you like the Vapman, you will love the Vapcap.

The only thing I use my Vapman exclusively for is to deal with concentrates as I don't like torch heated nails and I can only get QWET or rosin made by myself as I live in a non legal country so buying an enail feels like overkill. How does the VapCap work with oils and such? I've seen a lot of drool inducing pics of weed/oil or kief/oil bowls but have no idea if they can be vaped straight without adding anything else. I guess you'll need something like steel wool or cotton.
Anyway I still can't decide on the mouthpiece or no mouthpiece issue. First world problems, I know.

Squiby

How does the VapCap work with oils and such? I've seen a lot of drool inducing pics of weed/oil or kief/oil bowls but have no idea if they can be vaped straight without adding anything else

The only concentrates I use are hash, wax and shatter. I always use a bed of flower or degummed hemp fiber.

For oil, I believe that you would need to add a stainless steel concentrate pad to your bowl. I've not tried this but others, I think @herbivore21 has, with success.

SuperLuigi

I read online they are doing a black Friday sale this week but I can't find anything official. Can anyone confirm?

SuperLuigi,

herbivore21

The only concentrates I use are hash, wax and shatter. I always use a bed of flower or degummed hemp fiber.

For oil, I believe that you would need to add a stainless steel concentrate pad to your bowl. I've not tried this but others, I think @herbivore21 has, with success.
Yup this is my default omnivap setup :) I don't really use my dynavap products for anything but full melt and a little rosin!

dboxy

@jimfish4130 and @flotntoke Thanks for the fast answer!

I am a bit confused.. which is the easiest method to fit a wood mouthpiece to the OG?
-can I fit the wood mouthpiece to the original glass condenser tube?
-which should I buy, the Standard Condenser Kit or the XL Condenser Kit for the OG?

Sorry for asking these questions, I can't find it through the search and stopped around page 60 to look for the answer.

@herbivore21 Where did you get the right sized SS concentrate pad?

Last edited:

FreddieFresh

@jimfish4130 and @flotntoke Thanks for the fast answer!

I am a bit confused.. which is the easiest method to fit a wood mouthpiece to the OG?
-which should I buy, the Standard Condenser Kit or the XL Condenser Kit for the OG?

Sorry for asking these questions, I can't find it through the search and stopped around page 60 to look for the answer.

@herbivore21 Where did you get the right sized SS concentrate pad?
You need the standard ss condenser to use wood mp's with the og.

Edit: My apologies, @Squiby is correct. It's the xl condenser that you'll need, not the standard. I'm not sure where my brain is at today haha

Last edited:

Squiby

which is the easiest method to fit a wood mouthpiece to the OG?
-which should I buy, the the Standard Condenser Kit or the XL Condenser Kit for the OG?

You CANNOT fit a wood mp to the glass condenser from the OG.

You are essentially wanting to convert your OG Vapcap into the Vapcap S. You need to purchase the XL Condenser kit with a wood mouthpiece.

Here a link to the final configuration that I think you are looking for.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/vapcap-s/

This the condenser you need for a Vapcap S conversion.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/xl-condenser-and-mouthpiece-kit/

When you place your order, mention to Matt that you want to convert your OG Vapcap to a Vapcap S. Just to be on the safe side.

dboxy

You need the standard ss condenser to use wood mp's with the og.

Edit: My apologies, @Squiby is correct. It's the xl condenser that you'll need, not the standard. I'm not sure where my brain is at today haha

You CANNOT fit a wood mp to the glass condenser from the OG.

You are essentially wanting to convert your OG Vapcap into the Vapcap S. You need to purchase the XL Condenser kit with a wood mouthpiece.

Here a link to the final configuration that I think you are looking for.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/vapcap-s/

This the condenser you need for a Vapcap S conversion.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/xl-condenser-and-mouthpiece-kit/

When you place your order, mention to Matt that you want to convert your OG Vapcap to a Vapcap S. Just to be on the safe side.

OK guys, I'm happy, that it's not only me..

So basicly I want a Vapcap S with only one carb hole and the option to choose from (wood or silicone mp's), this is why I want to build it up from parts.

But..:
-Vapcap S page says "It includes an original glass VapCap, and an XL condenser and mouthpiece kit"
-Standard Condenser Kit page speaks about "bodies"
-XL Condenser Kit page speaks about "stems" (if I'm correct, this is for the Ti stuff)

Edit:
@FreddieFresh I just saw your edit..:)
So I'm curious: whats the Standard Kit for then?

FreddieFresh

OK guys, I'm happy, that it's not only me..

So basicly I want a Vapcap S with only one carb hole and the option to choose from (wood or silicone mp's), this is why I want to build it up from parts.

But..:
-Vapcap S page says "It includes an original glass VapCap, and an XL condenser and mouthpiece kit"
-Standard Condenser Kit page speaks about "bodies"
-XL Condenser Kit page speaks about "stems" (if I'm correct, this is for the Ti stuff)

Edit:
@FreddieFresh I just saw your edit..:)
So I'm curious: whats the Standard Kit for then?

The standard ss is for the Ti Woody or the Ti Woody S

FreddieFresh,
Reactions: dboxy
Top Bottom