mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
I currently have a lot of concentrates (Something I never have) and would like to use them in my Ti Woody. What is the best way to do this with the vapcap? I have organic cotton, wire mesh, screens. Looking to get the most out of, any help appreciated.

Squiby

I currently have a lot of concentrates (Something I never have) and would like to use them in my Ti Woody. What is the best way to do this with the vapcap? I have organic cotton, wire mesh, screens. Looking to get the most out of, any help appreciated.

I use hash, shatter and wax crumble in my Vapcaps. A disc fashioned out of hemp fiber works nicely as does a cushion of bud.

I make my degummed hemp fiber filter. It not only serves as a concentrate pad, it also keeps your condenser clean for a long long time and keeps any fine particles from being inhaled.

Anyway. Here is my technique for creating a hemp fiber filter...

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and twist it between your fingers, like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place the end between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl.

If this does not appeal to you, others have discussed using stainless steel concentrate pads in the bottom of the bowl.

@sixstringsmash

My Vapcaps are the smoothest vapes I have used. I have very sensitive lungs and I use a degummed hemp fiber disc filter to stop particulates from being g inhaled.

I have also altered my toking technique to a mouth pull. This creates a very smooth draw and the vapor is not harsh at all.

I discovered the mouthpull technique from @natural farmer. Instead of sucking vapor directly into your lungs as you toke, pull on it like a cigarette. Pull the vapor first into your mouth like you are sucking on the straw from a thick milkshake. Keep the carb covered as you mouth fills with vapor. Then at the end of your draw either lift/finger the carb or simply open your mouth to bring in fresh air as you inhale the vapor.

This cuts down on lung irritation to a great degree and smoothes out and cools the vapor. Very nice!

natural farmer

After experimenting with a few bowls I've discovered that with the draw resistance all the way up I can milk some clouds that rival my evo and sticky brick. I was surprised with this(in the best way possible) to say the least. On the downside the vapor is a lot harsher than the evo or sticky brick when I draw these big clouds but there is no helping that since the vapor path is so short.

Well, I bet woody has the same performance if you block the carb hole... :p I pull massive clouds with the little sucker.

If you draw with your lungs the vapor is a bit harsh for sure. Changing the draw to a mouthpull (4-5 or more consecutive mouthpulls in one draw) gives a much smoother experience however. Actually the smoothest in my experience! ;)

Edit: Hehe, you got me there @Squiby !!! :p

sixstringsmash

@Squiby @natural farmer I'll have to try that method out for sure. If it cools down the vapor I'm definitely in! I've never puffed on a cigarette to be honest so I don't really know the method but from what your saying it seems like your recommending just letting the vapor sit in my mouth for a little bit before drawing it in to my lungs to inhale? Please let me know if I'm misinterpreting because I'm keen on trying this.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@sixstringsmash It's also known as 'mouth to lung' and you've got the idea, fill your mouth then inhale, this is the same method I've used all my MJ life. Also try backing the mouthpiece out just a tiny bit, this should allow a small amount of low pressure behind the screen which makes for an easier pull and a bit of fresh air to mix with the vapor which should lessen any harshness.

Unless it's my last heat cycle I haven't experienced any harsh vapor with any stem I've used including the Shorty, which was a nice surprise.
7bFCfntm.jpg
WGX54DEm.jpg

Last edited:

jimfish4130

@Squiby @natural farmer I'll have to try that method out for sure. If it cools down the vapor I'm definitely in! I've never puffed on a cigarette to be honest so I don't really know the method but from what your saying it seems like your recommending just letting the vapor sit in my mouth for a little bit before drawing it in to my lungs to inhale? Please let me know if I'm misinterpreting because I'm keen on trying this.

Think of it like you're sucking a drink up through a straw. Mouth pull, inhale, mouth pull, inhale, instead of inhale all the way like you would a bong

Because you aren't breathing in whilst pulling you can exhale at the same time, i do this while I'm walking or its windy so i get as much as i can before the click

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker

that's just how i always inhale, into my mouth and Then into my lungs.

SuperLuigi

Yes, I wouldn't recommend removing the CCD screen for cleaning. ;) I broke my OG that way, so now I simply soak the glass and screen assembly with some iso in the tube it comes with. Works great and is much easier anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! Also sorry for your loss :(

I'm suprised their isnt some sort of protective rubber type accessory. Something like: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81cgszPrB8L._SL1500_.jpg

I wonder if i can find something like that that would fit the vapcap.

Last edited:
SuperLuigi,
Reactions: Choughed

Kaurelz

Ok, i have the OG since almost 3 weeks now and with all the pictures i've seen on this topic I have to own one! (Omnivap ;))

Such a beautiful device with a wood/carbon/damascus/glass body.
I love the OG using it for microdosing but a bit harsh on 2nd cycle for me.I'll try differents approach to tweak it.

Need to save more money 'cause i dream of a Dynastash too^^

Thanks guys for all infos and feedback on this topic.

Sorry again if my english isn't perfect

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My OG Cocobolo is starting to crack a bit worse :/ but not too bad. I had a nice relief from VAS so hadn't ordered anything and consequentially never added on the metal crown :lol:

Digging the Carbon S. Do these S series VapCaps fit in a normal Dynastash or do you need the XL? Assume the XL? I kinda want another Woody but I like the nonbreakable easy cleanable aspect of the carbon.

HellsWindStaff,

Squiby

Do these S series VapCaps fit in a normal Dynastash or do you need the XL?

Yes. All standard sized Vapcaps, those with regular condensers, fit the Dynastash/ER. These include the:

OG Vapcap

Ti Woody S with 45mm body and mp.

Ti Woody with 62mm stem

Ti VonG S with 14mm x 45mm VonG body and mp.

Ti VonG with 62mm stem

Omnivap

All Vapcaps that have an XL condensr will fit into the the Dynastash XL. Models that fit the Dynastash XL are all the configurations above, PLUS:

Ti Woody with 62mm stem and mp.

Ti VonG with 62mm stem and mp.

Omnivap XLS.

The only Vapcap that will not fit any Dynastash so far is the Ti VonG S with 18mm x 45mm body and mp. The stashes accommodate a Vapcap girth of 14mm.

Last edited:

Baron23

Ok, i have the OG since almost 3 weeks now and with all the pictures i've seen on this topic I have to own one! (Omnivap ;))

Such a beautiful device with a wood/carbon/damascus/glass body.
I love the OG using it for microdosing but a bit harsh on 2nd cycle for me.I'll try differents approach to tweak it.

Need to save more money 'cause i dream of a Dynastash too^^

Thanks guy for all infos and feedback on this topic.

Sorry again if my english isn't perfect
Your English is wonderful. Glad you are enjoying your OG, its a winner.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@SuperLuigi This was done a while ago but I never did anymore, I don't like the holes and should have left it complete.
The 'carb' on the OG would have to filed down to allow a wood sleeve to fit or a groove on the inside of the wood for the pucker in the glass. This is a piece I had cut and drilled myself.
S90kLfX.jpg

Anything used will need to be kept away from the cap end to avoid charring or off gassing.

Chose

So the day finally arrived. My new Vape has shown up in today's mail!

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, although I will be shortly as soon as some visiting family leave.

5oefjn.jpg
Wow what set up is that and what wood is the stash
Truly astonashing
Is it a woody double crown with ti mp ,or a omni with wood body?????

Last edited:
Chose,

davesmith

Glass Blower
So a friend was let loose on my cap and heated quite a way past the click. Now my cap combusts before the click. Gutted. That's all.

davesmith,
Reactions: stark1

SuperLuigi

@SuperLuigi This was done a while ago but I never did anymore, I don't like the holes and should have left it complete.
The 'carb' on the OG would have to filed down to allow a wood sleeve to fit or a groove on the inside of the wood for the pucker in the glass. This is a piece I had cut and drilled myself.
S90kLfX.jpg

Anything used will need to be kept away from the cap end to avoid charring or off gassing.

Wow Cool Idea! Im Not Very Handy So I Was Thinking Something Like This.

https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1x_uK...ersilicone-rubber-pencil-grip.jpg_640x640.jpg

SuperLuigi,

kohr

wgvkhl.jpg

Anyone have any advice on usage? I'm using ground material, spinning it while lighting, stopping at first click... not really seeing much vapor at all. It's working, I can tell you that, but don't see much of anything. Also how many times should one have to re-light, before your material is a dark color? Because I find myself lighting it a bit, and it seems to be taking awhile.

Kalessin

wgvkhl.jpg

Anyone have any advice on usage? I'm using ground material, spinning it while lighting, stopping at first click... not really seeing much vapor at all. It's working, I can tell you that, but don't see much of anything. Also how many times should one have to re-light, before your material is a dark color? Because I find myself lighting it a bit, and it seems to be taking awhile.
You probably need to take it to the second click. Most caps (at least, all the ones I have) click twice on heat up and cooldown, and stopping at the first click gives very light vapor for me

VAPEHUNTER

wgvkhl.jpg

I usually get three "hits / cycles" per bowl.
To my friends trying it for the first time I explain it as a "three hitter" vape. 1st hit is all flavor with very little vapor. 2nd hit is a nice mix of flavor and vapor. And 3rd hit is a lot of vapor.

When using with water I found by covering the carb, either completely or just partly depending on your lung strength, it really helps increase vapor production.
Here is a Link to some Crappy videos I posted long ago showing the Vapcap with water.
LINK→ http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-81#post-907261

Hope this helps!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Thanks for the heads up! Also sorry for your loss :(

I'm suprised their isnt some sort of protective rubber type accessory. Something like: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81cgszPrB8L._SL1500_.jpg

I wonder if i can find something like that that would fit the vapcap.

Luigi, George @VapCap is open to suggestions, and innovations. Real nice dude, as well.

You may want to contact DynoVAP.:tup:

The pencil grips are a close possibility. However, their ID is slightly smaller than the OD of the OG. I have tried to get them to fit with several different types, to no avail.

Last edited:

Baron23

S90kLfX.jpg

HI @phattpiggie - very interesting picture. I'm an OG fan. Love my Ti Woody, but seem to be able to mind meld much better with the OG. But it would be nice to have a wood VONG sleeve to go over the OG for putting it on glass. Yes, the silicone MP will seal a 14mm joint, but a wood WonG (wood on glass?) would be way cool.

As you know, on the OG the chamber is built into the body so a WonG would have to fit over the body including the flare at the end of the glass condenser.

I hear you about the raised carb hole surround. Not sure if I'm up to grinding it down. Do you think this idea can be made to work with an OG?

Top Bottom