Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I missed something somewhere.What is a damascus?

Damascus steel (or in these cases 'pattern welded steel') consists of two different materials which are forged together, and folded and twisted to produce spectacular patterns which become visible once the finished steel has been etched with acid.
Other varients are Ti-mascus, and Mokumo-gane.
Doing Google image searches on any of these terms will yield interesting results :cool:

Look at page 248, post 6183, I posted a pic of mine there (sorry pic's aren't working for me at the moment)

George has also made a Damascus VonG, a Mokumo-gane VC (similar idea to pattern welded steel, but other materials) and Jason Platenberg (see 'artists corner' of Dynavap 's site:
http://www.dynavap.com/product-category/the-artists-corner/ ) has also recently made this:
10-P1340078.jpg

:o
:drool:
It might even still be available!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Also, I hate to ask, but if anyone has a dynastash handy, if you could please post the dimensions I would really appreciate it. I know the Woody S is about 3.5 inches in length, but I'd like to know the size of the dynastash before ordering.

I just got a Dynastash Friday and mine is 50.5x108.5x20mm. That's with an old cheap wooden ruler so it's probably not the best measurement. I'm pretty confident in the 20mm measurement. My VonG fits well inside my 'stash.

In imperial it's 1 15/16x4 1/4x3/4".

Mine has one edge squared off, but not completely flat. I like this as I can tell which side is which without looking at it. It's a nice subtle touch that enhances functionality.

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
The small green parcel has just landed right in my house!

Oh man this thing is so tiny and beautiful !
Dear lovely Omnivap, sitting in a litle ethanol bath before being used... don't tease me like that :evil:

A big thank to you George and Matt, for your amazing work and devotion, for bringing us a small vape that spread love in vapor form! And thank you fellow vapcaper, without all your love and awesomness the wait would have been too long :tup:

Gonna try this beast, try to master it and I will come back, dropping some awesome picture of this wonder :science:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have to do a lot more experimenting with all of my new goodies, but so far the Original glass VapCap does seem to offer better performance than the Ti tip. It seems to provide vapor for a longer amount of time per heating cycle, and I seem to get more heating cycles and hits from the same sized load.

Perhaps the glass tip causes less conduction than the titanium tip?

I like the raised carb, I have it directly on top when the mouthpiece is horizontal, so I can find it every time, even in the dark.

I also love the simplicity of the OG. All of the Dynavap products are simple but the OG is simplicity at its finest. The purest essence of functionality.

Baron23

I have to do a lot more experimenting with all of my new goodies, but so far the Original glass VapCap does seem to offer better performance than the Ti tip. It seems to provide vapor for a longer amount of time per heating cycle, and I seem to get more heating cycles and hits from the same sized load.

Perhaps the glass tip causes less conduction than the titanium tip?

I like the raised carb, I have it directly on top when the mouthpiece is horizontal, so I can find it every time, even in the dark.

I also love the simplicity of the OG. All of the Dynavap products are simple but the OG is simplicity at its finest. The purest essence of functionality.
I'm with you...still working my Ti Woody but my OG outperforms it. Its just a simple fact in the case of my two vapcaps.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm with you...still working my Ti Woody but my OG outperforms it. Its just a simple fact in the case of my two vapcaps.
My Ti Burly VonG has the most restriction of my Caps. It's close to where I had the Omni set previously. Lately I've been using the Omni with no restriction or just a little, and manually working the carb to control vapor production. With the restriction at minimum it is a very airy draw.

I love finding extra uses for equipment I already have. I just discovered a great use for the Dynastash, you can use it to keep a dab tool handy without it rolling around:

n2hisYl.jpg

Steph

oh yeah! I receive my cocobolo ti woody and bocote dynastash this morning! And it came with a free silicone mouthpiece. It only took 7 days for shipping from Wisconsin to Switzerland!
I'm already in love with this vape I only tried it once for the moment, but it's so easy to use and effective!
And daaaaamn it's so sexy too!

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I received my Vapcap OG and the Omni with extra blackwood body on Friday, but had company come in town this weekend, so haven't had a chance to clean and use them yet. I agree, these things are downright sexy! I feel like I need to put on a little black dress and heels to use my Omni/blackwood body to do it justice! It just feels "formal" and suitable for dressy occasions.

TheVaporist

As promise, between two caps, here is some beauty shot :)
IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

As you can see, it's an OmniVap with a sandblasted finish THEN the cutting for the hexahelis. How can I say how much I'm amazed?! :D
It was a custom demand, well worth the added wait!

I'm totaly in love, the hype is indeed real! First cap (with carb closed at 90%) and there it is !
Pure taste on the first hit, pure heavy vapor on the second hit, and the finish move on the third hit... How could it be simplier ? :love:
I think I'm gonna get really high tonight :science:

Ps: Kind attention, George gave me a spare tube as a gift, what a lovely man!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

As you can see, it's an OmniVap with a sandblasted finish THEN the cutting for the hexahelis. How can I say how much I'm amazed?! :D

I'm totaly in love, the hype is indeed real! First cap (with carb closed at 90%) and there it is !
Pure taste on the first hit, pure heavy vapor on the second hit, and the finish move on the third hit... How could it be simplier ? :love:

That's a beautiful omni! It may be the best I've seen, congrats! :tup:

Kalessin

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

That's the first blasted ti I've actually liked the look of. Such a small change, but it really alters the aesthetic

VaporChase

Welcome to FC :cheers:
Getting a Vapcap is unarguably one of the best vape-purchase decisions a person can possibly make, so congratulations :party:

My Dynastash ER is 50mm wide, 107mm long, and 19mm thick.
It is a standard length Dynastash and will accept standard length VC's, but not XL's.
Mine is actually a very early production model and doesn't quite accommodate 14mm VONGS, but I believe that current Dynastashes do.
My Stash is ALMOST big enough to fit the girth of my 14mm Damascus body, so I think that current Stashes will also be 19mm thick, just drilled out with a fractionally larger hole.
Perhaps an owner of a recent example could confirm?
There is no Stash which currently accepts the 18mm VonG.

@VapCap, I wonder, are Stashes still available with both edges rounded off, or have you moved over entirely to one rounded edge/one 'squared off''?
I ask as I have become very fond of my Stash, and love habitually rolling it in my hand, almost like a bar of soap.

I hope to buy an XL dynastash for my Damascus soon (TOTALLY in love with this vape BTW, it's got to be the most beautiful object I've ever owned, and function is fantastic too), and am wondering if you are planning any burl-wood, or black & white ebony XL Stashes with both edges round?

Thank you so much for the detailed response. Appreciate it.

I just got a Dynastash Friday and mine is 50.5x108.5x20mm. That's with an old cheap wooden ruler so it's probably not the best measurement. I'm pretty confident in the 20mm measurement. My VonG fits well inside my 'stash.

In imperial it's 1 15/16x4 1/4x3/4".

Mine has one edge squared off, but not completely flat. I like this as I can tell which side is which without looking at it. It's a nice subtle touch that enhances functionality.

Thanks a bunch!

I wonder if this information could somehow be stickied somewhere or on the first page of the thread, along with some very other useful posts that I read on earlier pages, such as measurements of the different models and differences between them.

TheVaporist

Thank you all fellow vapcapers !
The feel of the sandblasted side is really nice, especially the hexahelis portion who's higher than the body.
It add a really nice contrast to the body.

Very sensitive device, rolling it is already a pleasure!

Damn, now I need a dynastash :p

SingedFringe

Has anyone had their og break along the groove for the screen? I was thinking of sanding it down so I can put a ti tip on it or something
yes, my first one had a hairline crack which has now spread much further down. Not sure why this occured i assumed it was the heat. So i ordered 2 more from dynavap. both of them have a hairline crack without being used. I wonder if its transmit from usa to uk, seems unlikely. but yeah seem fragile. still useable, but i am concerned that small particles of glass maybe get sucked into my lungs, so not going to use them now. wished i was not such a tight arse and bought the omni in the first place.

SingedFringe,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
After a few days living in a building site and having to frequent the pub just to get out of the dust, I gave up drinking 18 months ago but thankfully the pub is 420 friendly, I found some free time today.
I used some Blackwood that @Ruta kindly dropped round last time he was here.
Cigarette holders have been a recurring thought for some time now and I have been watching several on Ebay just recently to see if they would re-purpose but none have been worth getting and I've got the worry of years worth of tar build up.
So I had a first attempt at making something similar. It's been turned then filled to give a squarer profile.
It really needs a silver crown to finish it. Another skill I may have to acquire as the only silversmith I know is a long way off being 420 friendly.
uyVNZSV.jpg

Kalessin

After a few days living in a building site and having to frequent the pub just to get out of the dust, I gave up drinking 18 months ago but thankfully the pub is 420 friendly, I found some free time today.
I used some Blackwood that @Ruta kindly dropped round last time he was here.
Cigarette holders have been a recurring thought for some time now and I have been watching several on Ebay just recently to see if they would re-purpose but none have been worth getting and I've got the worry of years worth of tar build up.
So I had a first attempt at making something similar. It's been turned then filled to give a squarer profile.
It really needs a silver crown to finish it. Another skill I may have to acquire as the only silversmith I know is a long way off being 420 friendly.
uyVNZSV.jpg
Really reminds me of my Lotus pipe. Except that's made of aluminum of course

lazylathe

Almost there...
I found my Ti Woody in my drawer and decided to give it another go.
Results so much better today for some reason!
Broke off a nug and placed into VapCap very loosely and placed cap on.
Heat and spin till the click and away i go! Cloud city and pretty good flavor!

Now my question is this:
Why do i have so much resistance when drawing? I hear my jaw muscle clicking and my neck popping.
It is almost like trying to drink a very thick milkshake through a thin straw.
Any ideas?

I have just tried my OG VapCap top on the Ti Woody and it seems to be a slightly easier draw, maybe a variance in the outer diameter of the bowl? Going to try a load with the new cap and will report back!

Also i combusted in the OG a while back and they both ended up being shelved.
Tried to clean the soot out of the very tip of the inner tube and cracked it...
Will have to order some spare tubes soon!

EDIT:
Does the carb hole on a Ti Woody do anything??
I ask because the way mine is assembled, it is merely a hole in the wood...
It has a steel tube running through the middle and a rubber o-ring type seal on each end, thus making the carb hole useless. It has Ed's TnT stamped on the stem if that helps.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@lazylathe The black o rings both need to be on the MP side of the hole, one is a seal and the other holds the condenser central. The condenser needs to be positioned properly as well, if it goes to far into the Ti tip it will give high resistance. I've found if the condenser is flush with the body rather than stick out you do not get this problem.

Top Bottom