pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Dynalowrider Doc, just gotta say you haven't steered me wrong yet. I had an Altoids tin - thanks to @SloJimFizz, so when my dynamags arrived I slapped one on the tin and wow! Thank you sir.

Someone not very long ago posted something like, When you think you know what you like with your VC, adjust a variable, or switch up or something like that. I really loved that, it really resonates with me because I just experienced how magical that can be. That idea is radical to me, to keep tweaking the way you do things because you might not yet know the best way for you. I can't find it now so thank you for that whoever it is!

I had a couple of capfulls last night, both of them produced many super thick white clouds resulting in dark brown ABV. As I exhaled, I caught my reflection in a mirror and said to the stranger in my best spaghetti western voice " They call me @paehtod " Which really cracked me up because I was so very high...

@Ricardo I get it man, family holidays get ruined when I lose it and choke someone dear to me. Now that I don't smoke or drink, it really is my only vice. So I can empathise with what you are saying. I'm not sure what happened to me, I used to have so many vices, and to arrive at the sad age of 50 with only one vice intact? Pitiful.

I told my wife that at age 75, I'm diving headlong back into psychedelics. She said "Will I be able to tell?"

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I am not enjoying it.
because I am not using it.

I tried to find information about wether one can change the SS tip of a M with a ti tip.
thats all

and? do they work on the M ?
yes... the Ti tip will work on the M...alot of folks prefer that setup.

the M tip will also work on the vong too

NOOB QUESTION: does the OmniVap XL require o-rings of any for anything? My guess is that it doesn't, but I'm not sure...

Good luck! Breaking from time to time is good and necessary, imo!
the omni requires orings on the tip, there are also tiny orings on the condenser...but none of the large thick orings like the Non Omni models

@Ricardo not sure of your reasons for breaking...but the DV's travel VERY WELL!

taking it apart and scattering it amongst your luggage will avoid it's detection

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I am not enjoying it.
because I am not using it.

I tried to find information about wether one can change the SS tip of a M with a ti tip.
thats all

and? do they work on the M ?
Yes they fit fine by design, but I reiterate, the Ti uses different rings. In fact it uses 3 rings to be exact. So if you need different replacement rings for the Ti down the road, etc. If that was your next question. :DFeel free to ask questions here regarding upgrades, replacement parts and options. VCs are modular in some sense. Here is the link for the Ti. -> DynaVap Hope this helps.

EDIT- hold on :uhh: - Didn't I see Ti rings on the Dynavap website earlier? Or did I imagine that?

The 'M' is designed to be made under $50.00. But yes to anybody with an 'M', you can buy a Ti and try that heat profile. I'm getting used to the difference.
The SS Tip is fine and the rings and screens are cheaper as a consideration. :hmm: Glad I got them all in one package either way.
So yes I can fill 4 tips (2Ti and SS) and carry one body. :D

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

100% Ti-tips fit just like SS-tips. Orings are the same.
O.K. I'm confused. The Ti's I got have grey rings. I don't mind having a Ti with mixed color rings if thats the case.
Then there is the outsource ring option if I want to go in bulk.

Is it safe to say the earliest to recent 'M's are compatible with Gen 4 etc? I know one generation is distinctly different. (and sought after) Things narrowed when George had the tips milled in house. From what I gathered.

Dang my tele VC glass couldn't survive a 3 ft drop. Body broke into two pieces along the plastic slide thing. Still good for other VC projects.

jds

I've been happily using my VapCaps for the last year (almost). I still haven't tried the newest Omni generation, as I already have a few M's and 2 of the older Omnis here that I'm just fine using. I probably will buy the new XL sometime just to have it.

I sold off all my other vapes, bubblers and bongs. I don't think I'll ever go back to vaping any other way, or smoking at all.

VapCaps just feel so good to use and one bowl gets me plenty stoned every time, even with tolerance.

I have no real preference between the M or Omni. I use the Omni mainly at home and M mainly on my way home from work in the evening (walking, not driving), and both do their job perfectly well.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@CuckFumbustion

The grey orings were a recent aesthetic choice/change made at dynavap.

I can say 100%.. All tips and their orings are the same size.
Or at least the last two generations of Ti-tip and the SS-Tip off the M.

Can't comment on older generations. My Dynavap experience started with a gen4 tip (the 7fin people seem to lust after)

Edit: thanks for the heads up on my spelling error @cybrguy!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
O.K. I'm confused. The Ti's I got have grey rings. I don't mind having a Ti with mixed color rings if thats the case.
I think all the high temp orings are the same size so are completely interchangeable. They may be slightly different materials (and 3 different colors) but will all function fine. While there is an outside source a user (@stardustsailor ) found for the Xrings in bulk, I haven't seen one for the high temp Orings yet. While there is a probably a good chance the same vendor may have them, I haven't noticed them being pointed out yet and I don't know their specs.

(Thanks @Winegums for the next post) :)

Of course in my typical OCD manner I have 2 packages of each the orings and the xrings as backup from DV, and haven't needed any of either yet... ;)

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Squiby

And I have a cap, that I retired, that just does have a loud click on the heat cycle, at times you cant
Sometimes you can make the clicks more audible if you give the tip a good shake in an attempt to reposition the bi-metal clicking disks.

NOOB QUESTION: does the OmniVap XL require o-rings of any for anything? My guess is that it doesn't, but I'm not sure...

Replacement parts for the Omni are:
- titanium CCD screens for the herb chamber inside the tip.
- high temp o-rings for the neck of the ti tip and for the mouthpiece and condenser.

All tips, whether stainless M tips or titanium tips, take the same sized 6x8mm high temp o-rings. Different colours have been used over time, red, black and grey.

Read my Vapcap First Aid Kit post in my signature below for more info and detail regarding replacement parts etc.

A titanium Tip from a nonavong will fit the M, right ?
Yes. All tips are interchangeable.

The Vapcapcap is a modular - LEGO for stoners - device. Basically every part is interchangeable except for the Omni condenser with the stainless steel M tip because the Omni condenser will not operate properly in the M tip.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
is it bad if i push the cap into the tip too hard?
Yes, I've gotten a cap stuck onto the tip by forcing it into the crimp which holds the bi metal discs in. If you're having trouble keeping the cap on the vapcap, squeeze the sides of the cap gently until it grips the tip lightly. You should not have to force the cap on or off of the vapcap.

CuckFumbustion

The grey orings were a recent aesthetic choice/change made at dynavap.

Of course in my typical OCD manner I have 2 packages of each the orings and the xrings as backup from DV, and haven't needed any of either yet... ;)

O.K. Thanks for clearing all that up. I'm set for rings until the next sale or the source above. Might even remember one source having rings resembling the shape of the Dynavap's condenser rings from another source. Even though the a rounded one of the same dimension would work as well, I figure. So you could get fashionable rings to make that mouthpiece stand out. :haw:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Interjecting off topic...just a shootout about dynavap customer service..it is stellar
I had a problem with a product and contacted themvia email on sunday they responded and address the problem by 10:30.am on monday new part is on its way! I am quite pleased with their attitude and actions

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Finally got my hands on my OmniXL and Bocote Stash! To be clear DV got it here double quick, just a personal logistics issue. Holding the M in no way prepared me for the feeling of the omni, I expected it to be lighter but the tactile sensation of its stem really helps me in spinning and just holding it feels so good. I really like the Ti tip as well, as others have said, seemed more convection and to me seemed to stretch the load? Just 2 loads experience and it isn't scientific by any means, but I seemed to notice both caps provided more tokes than the SS stems. More DynaVap magic? I'm so very happy with it, every bit of the Omni during initial cleaning and assembly felt like I was handling a luxury class, precision instrument. I feel pretty spoiled and special right about now. Thank you @VapCap & all at DynaVap for my early Christmas!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I finished this 14mm black walnut and burl stem today. It's the only thing that has gone right as I had a grow light burn out, I blistered my finger tips and my herbalizer is running a rather hot fever and is going back to Herbalizer HQ. Trouble comes in threes in my experience, which proved true when my brother came over with some concentrates for vapcap session, signalling the end of my bad luck.:D

One white walled bong and I'm now good and buzzed thinking about what I want to make next.
il_fullxfull.1371466242_pmcm.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Finally got my hands on my OmniXL and Bocote Stash! To be clear DV got it here double quick, just a personal logistics issue. Holding the M in no way prepared me for the feeling of the omni, I expected it to be lighter but the tactile sensation of its stem really helps me in spinning and just holding it feels so good.
I was not prepared for the difference in weight. My Ti OmniXL is 5 grams lighter than my M.

I HAVE decided that I want to carry the XL, so I WILL be in the market for a DS or SOMETHING to carry it in. I favor the DSs with their rounded edges but there is no hurry...

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So yes I can fill 4 tips (2Ti and SS) and carry one body. :D

Never occurred to me to do this. I'm so glad that all the clever people around here share their practices! This is a brilliant way for me to justify needing more tips & caps and maybe a double-crown stem

@mrb You've been useful to me quite a few times just recently. You better stick around and keep dropping those pearls of wisdom and good sense.

@WakeAndVape Well then, I am in good company! I think every Bocote Stash or StashXL, that I have seen here is stunning with these dramatic, breathtaking features in the grain. I wonder if DV only uses select blanks or have a great source that does it for them, because it's not a happy coincidence.
Now you've surely handled more vapes than I will ever own, so my question to you sir, should you choose to answer, is what were your initial thoughts at the moment you and your OmniXL first met? Had you previously owned an XL/XLS model before the OmniXL came into your life? BTW, your videos just keep getting better and better IMO. Right blend of good talk, good fun and good music! You're good people.

@cybrguy Wow, had no idea the weight difference was that great. I guess between the actual material weight and all those faceted angles and the material removed to achieve them is 5 grams. See above for my thoughts on the DS, you can get by without one but it's another beautiful thing for the beautiful thing you already have. BTW only one side of the length has rounded edges, the other is 90 degrees so your DynaStash can stand tall or lounge horizontally. I really like that feature more than I thought I would.

@phattpiggie Okay dude, now you're just spoiling us with the video slideshow lol! It's very cool and you've been a very busy piggie indeed. Wasn't this meant to be a hobby? I can hardly wait to see where you go with Skelator enclosures, you mad genius. I bet you have the stove blazing in the shop, it's bloody cold!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
See above for my thoughts on the DS, you can get by without one but it's another beautiful thing for the beautiful thing you already have. BTW only one side of the length has rounded edges, the other is 90 degrees so your DynaStash can stand tall or lounge horizontally. I really like that feature more than I thought I would.
I have a Paduk DS I got from DV pretty soon after they announced them. It is round on both sides. I hadn't realized they had changed them. The rounded edges make them comfortable to hold. I will probably have mixed feelings about the change but I'll adjust. I actually went to order one during the sale but they were out.
When I combusted I always had a dugout in my glove compartment or pocket, so it was natural for me to want a DS and for the VC/DS combo to be comfortable for me.
MQhsgPu.jpg

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so my replacement Vong body came today to make my original BF sale right. it really is nice and mates my 14mm reducer quite nice. but here are my observations, feel free to correct me if i am wrong with anything...

1) the parts being "lego" with my existing Ti Woody-S are really non-existent. there must have been some changes made somewhere. i really wanted to keep the TI tip, and cap new so i was going to take the Ti Tip and cap off my Ti Woody-S and switch it over to the Vong body (remember i bought a omnivap during the BF sale that was a blackwood Vong body and an omni condenser) but when i took my old Ti Tip and put it in the vong body there was no tightness at all and the tip just falls out (and vice versa, the omni condenser and new Ti Tip are too tight for my cocobola body) so, not that its a bad thing, i have to use the new Ti Tip with the vong body and i have to use the omni conndeser with the vong body as well cause it wont fit the cocobola body

2) i could have sworn that i read that vong bodys fit in regular dynastash's and my new vong does not fir in the dynastash that i got when i bought my Ti Woody-S. So even though my Vong is most likely to be used only at home, i was slightly disappointed to find out that it does not fit in the dynastash.

other than that... i love it and i am using it and getting it dialed in. no buyers remorse if thats what the above sounded like, not at all. just disappointed that i can't lego all the parts around like i thought i would be able to.

Top Bottom