pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@SloJimFizz So after asking all of his questions and having them answered sincerely did he just decide to not get a VC altogether? Because having a backup when your go-to is a Grasshopper seemed fairly wise. :oOh well, you can lead a horse to water... I started to feel like I had a commission riding on the sale!

Can we really hold him to his final line? "f**k , I'm out" Promise? Please?

@stardustsailor Thanks, your work and what you can do is evolving quite rapidly. You've got a great outlook and it's been great watching your skills and success continue to grow. I'll PM you for sure! Peace

@Diggy Smalls Where you been at lately? Please get a Black Friday Deal so you'll feel like hanging out!

@almost there MrSifter has left the figurative building. Decided the M wasn't for him. Eventually. :D

@LabPong Thank you! My reaction exactly. WTF? If he really comes back looking for tips, someone else will have to help him.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
yes, i see. thank you.
I asked for the time it needs to cool down to a temp that lets you out it back in your pocket.
cool down to the touch so nothing burns my pocket or bag.
thats what i am asking for.
english is not my native language.

Ah, sorry, I completely mis-read your question. My fault, nothing to do with your english, I wouldn't have spotted it's not your first language.:tup:

hinglemccringleberry

So i finally decided to tap the AVB stash from my Alfa that I have a quarter ounce of, it was vaped up to the Alfas medium temp setting (390F). Fine grind. In the VC Im getting a few nice thick hits per each .05 load of the stuff. Jackpot!

Apart the number of fins the 5th gen Ti tip (5 fins )has 20% less mass than it's precedent .
That means that the 5th gen tip is 20% faster than the 4th gen tip ( 7fins).

But while I like the speed of the 5th gen tip ,somewhat I miss the "body" that
the vapor ,produced from the 4th gen tip ,has.

The difference is quite small ,though.
You've to be a realy keen & experienced VapCaper to tell the difference with eyes closed.
Does shelving my other vapes and using only my Vapcap nearly every day for the last 8 months count as being keen and experienced?
I love this thread, never wouldve learned about the difference if I hadnt read it here! The titanium is already so fast as it is, why mess with a good thing? I'd never sacrifice any vapor quality for any increase in speed so i will hold onto my 4th gen vapcap till death do us part!

Last edited:

ronads

I'm interested in getting a butane vape, just to try out more than anything. The Vapcap looks nice and I am aware they will be on sale soon.

I saw earlier in the thread someone suggested the woody over the m? Now I am skint but I wouldn't mind paying the extra for the ti head. However I probably won't be using this vape all the time, but if it's good I might.

Is the extra $30 worth it? I'm in the UK but I think it's about the same price.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ronads, the ti tip is $40. If you're skint hold off & just get the M for the $50. And if you're happy w/ the M you can always add the ti tip later. If you really like it you may want another more expensive vc down the road & that one will come w/ a ti tip. For me, the vc works just as well whether a ss or ti tip.

Another member will have to pipe in about the woody. But, if you go w/ a woody it will come w/ a ti tip.

Besides, you should also get the $20 accessory bundle which will give you extra o- & x-rings & screens & a silicone mp to try.

Last edited:

ronads

I'll maybe get the M then if it's not too different! I like the idea of being wireless! Can you session on it? I like to just puff away which is why I haven't got one yet. I guess you just refill when it's done?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Essentially, all the vcs function on the same principal. The models come down to personal preference -- do you like wood, titanium, a vong style for glass use, a faster ti tip heat up & cool-down, etc., etc. Besides if you get an M & don't like it, you're out less $ (although you can always sell it or gift it). & if you like it enough to buy another style, you can party w/ a friend & have him use the M, so you'll both have your own to use. Turn a friend on to something new. :)

It's so easy to refill. Just take off the cap, blow out the avb (into a container if you save) & just either scoop in fresh herb (dugout style) or put the tip in the herb & suck it up & in or just tare off a nub & stuff it in. There are so many different techniques, you have to find the one that works best for you. If you read this thread you'll get a head's up on all the different techniques employed so you can try them in developing your own.

Did you check out the vapcap lighter thread yet?

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
YkC7tKa.jpg

L to R: nonavong in adapter, Ed's vong in adapter, nonavong in grav joint, Ed's vong in grav joint. Just showing that old nonavongs sit lower than old vongs and not all 14mm joints are the same.

The way the downstem on that grav piece narrows after the joint makes it so nonavong + omni can't seal because of the mp. Not a problem with the Ed's vong because it leaves room for mp.

The new nonavongs look fatter to me and, based on my experience, I assumed dynavap might have redesigned them to avoid that type of interference; however, there are lots of nonavong use scenarios that don't involve an mp and would work perfectly fine, so the redesign could have been for other reasons entirely.
I got an example of the second-from-the-left.

It doesn't fit. AT ALL - even with the silicone hookah-washers. $40.
Without being able to TRY IT BEFORE BUYING, I will never have another.

$40 is just too hard to come by these days

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
What I wonder is how many VCs (buy-n-try, gift, etc) are in a drawer somewhere. With vintage models & parts collecting dust, forgotten & unused. I wish there was a way to get these babies back into circulation!
* Cue Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World *

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
What I wonder is how many VCs (buy-n-try, gift, etc) are in a drawer somewhere. With vintage models & parts collecting dust, forgotten & unused. I wish there was a way to get these babies back into circulation!
* Cue Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World *
Unused, but not forgotten! Thanks to an anonymous donor, there's one or two still kicking in my drawer waiting on their owners to "show up" and take them home ;)

I feel like the Oprah of VapCaps, you get a free VapCap! You get a free VapCap! You all get free VapCaps!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What I wonder is how many VCs (buy-n-try, gift, etc) are in a drawer somewhere. With vintage models & parts collecting dust, forgotten & unused. I wish there was a way to get these babies back into circulation! * Cue Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World *
I wonder how may vapes OF ALL KINDS this applies to. I know the first couple times I vaped I didn't really get it and it seemed unimpressive. If I had bought a vape instead of trying out a friends, especially something small like a VC, it MIGHT have been drawered.

It was only a couple years later after I committed to giving it another chance and bought the HA that I really understood its benefits and finally went all in. No looking back now, that is for certain.

sag

I wonder how may vapes OF ALL KINDS this applies to. I know the first couple times I vaped I didn't really get it and it seemed unimpressive. If I had bought a vape instead of trying out a friends, especially something small like a VC, it MIGHT have been drawered.

It was only a couple years later after I committed to giving it another chance and bought the HA that I really understood its benefits and finally went all in. No looking back now, that is for certain.

70 year old here. I am on the net and have been doing computer stuff since the beginning ; ) . I have purchased nearly $1,000 worth of portable vapes and they all are collecting dust since my vc arrived. I love that little sucker. Just waiting for an Mxl to hit the market....; )

jerseydvd

Could always add the XL SS condenser and mouthpiece for $30, not a metal mouthpiece, but still....
Oh, $24 on Friday ;-)

70 year old here. I am on the net and have been doing computer stuff since the beginning ; ) . I have purchased nearly $1,000 worth of portable vapes and they all are collecting dust since my vc arrived. I love that little sucker. Just waiting for an Mxl to hit the market....; )

What's the MxL is I may ask?

Top Bottom