Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@Andreaerdna ~ You got any pics of your one-handed setup?

No sorry, I am on portable, no way to take off metadata:

Here the OG video
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-56#post-885212

Immagine that with a small glass jar on the top, upside down, with a hole in the bottom, shielding and stabilizing the VC and there you have your photo

The mech mod is this one
http://www.dhgate.com/product/vapor...vader/216707420.html#s1-0-1b;searl|2770467187

The jar I think is this one but I am not sure (I had it at home)
http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/mini-30ml-glass-jam-jar-with_60365867211.html

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
It's here!!

So, first my funny story! I shoot George a PM asking where he's at in regards to the next shipment....he tells me he's at 536.

:lol: I am 537! This cracked me up, such is life ya know? But he tells me, if I'm 537 to email him and that he was waiting on my Dynastash, but if I'd be interested in a Non-Production model, that he could get me out quicker. Needless to say, I jumped at that!

I check my mail yesterday and it's all here! First things first is that in general it was packaged pristinely. Nice bubble wrap envelope within a mail envelope! Just great shipping!

So, I open it up, first thing I get too is the Dynastash! Looks great! It has this awesome engraving on it, so sweet! Feels great in hand and in pocket!

O1CBLHn.jpg

Killer! I really dig this in general, holds a decent bit of nugget and when I turned to the VapCap portion of the stash, look what I find!

GyNtuEi.jpg

A glass body! This was totally unexpected and awesome. I got to admit, I was a bit worried about people saying they were combusting, as I had only ordered a TI Woody and I didn't want to combust in that and have it be a PiTA to clean. Figured I can get to practicing on this throughout the day!

The Ti Woody is gorgeous! I think its Cocobolo? Not sure. Quality craftsmanship as per usual from Ed :)

ZyZjJEm.jpg

TGKdQcT.jpg

URBELlX.jpg

Now, I got to say I am really impressed and thrilled with the modular design. I simply pulled the top off this, and stuck it right on the glass for a Ti Glassy!

8VM6BsV.jpg

Like I said, I totally dig the ability to mix and match parts. I spent the better part of my day yesterday toying with this TI Glassy getting a feel for how to use the VapCap. This thing churns out some serious vapor for the amount of herb you're putting into it!

I found that in practicing, that I was getting the best results from covering the choke, drawing, and then letting the choke go intermittently to clear it. Really thick fat hits! Was not having as much success not covering the choke, I thought I was maybe drawing too slow? Just haven't been able to replicate the thick vapor results without the choke being toggled...it is very easy to do and natural as well, I just twist it a quarter turn in my fingers while I'm hitting to open the choke up. I smoke it like a joint kind of, in terms of how I'm holding it in my hands. That's how I smoke/d cigarettes as well, so the form function just feels great!

So, after practicing, my TI Glassy I made wouldn't fit in the Dynastash so I threw the wood body on and headed to the bar for the playoff games! Did a few runs with the wood body at the house, worked great!

Promptly combusted my first load after drinking. :lol:

Was my own fault, I overheated. And my worries about the TI Woody being hard to clean were put to rest! I came home, and disassembled. Very very easy to do. Threw all the parts minus the wood in an iso soak for a bit. Good as new!

I should mention, my "bowl" portion on the VapCap has a ceramic screen/plate. Least it looks ceramic. Saw people earlier talking about it so wanted to chime in :) Also, I'm sure its been discussed and is even listed in the instructions, but I had some stuff pretty finely ground and found it easily pulled threw while loading the Vapcap. Will have to use a coarser grind next time.

Reassembling my TI Woody was a bit more of an issue, as there are two little black O rings on the SS condenser, and I was having a bitch of a time getting the one in that is about an inch past the mouthpiece. It works just fine with the O-ring around the SS tube at the mouthpiece, but the other O ring I just can't really get in. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be all for it, but from my experience today it works just like it did yesterday, just has one less O ring in it.

A really great product! I hope you sell all the parts and pieces in addition to the other style Vapcaps! It was really sweet to be able to just take the head off my woody and practice with the glass, so if you keep releasing new stuff down the line I think it would be pretty hard for me not to try the different pieces and parts :) I do think I'll be ordering a dedicated Glassy sometime soon!

I got to thank you again for the really cool Dynastash and for the awesome CS! I don't think I mentioned earlier either, but free torch lighter too! Overrall very happy with the product! Now time to load up the stash to go watch the Steelers!

ohjameson

What is the point of covering the hole while taking a hit? (New to vaping).

Also, what is the best technique that you have found to get the most potential out of your vapor? Should the vapor be visible or not?

ohjameson,

YaFreekin Right

Does anyone else feel like this vape is like a better version of the Arizer Air?

Faster heat up, bigger clouds & cooler vapor(& $30 bucks!). Obviously they are not the same as one is battery the other butane, but I prefer this vape to the Air. I think the reason it reminds me of the Air is the similar glass bowl.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Does anyone else feel like this vape is like a better version of the Arizer Air?

Faster heat up, bigger clouds & cooler vapor(& $30 bucks!). Obviously they are not the same as one is battery the other butane, but I prefer this vape to the Air. I think the reason it reminds me of the Air is the similar glass bowl.

Hell yeah man, I even had a black wood AA stem from Ed too, with my new TI/Woodie the taste is almost identical.

Tommy10

Anyone else still struggling with the draw resistance! I still have been using this thing probably 50/50 with the vapman since I got it, which is surprising given how much I love the vapman I still can't out this 1/3rd the price device down!
I just do not like the idea of having to breath in fresh air between the load and my lungs to make the draw "okay". I always cover my vapman holes, but with this it's super hard to draw with it cover (glass cap). Thinking either some air tunnels from the base of the cap to the bowl, of a few mm flame guard extending past the tip, and small holes in the top of the cap? Although this could be tricky considering the "click" and everything.

YaFreekin Right

I use the Vapcap carb open, and I still use and enjoy it. I just prefer the idea of all the air im inhaling to be heated and put through the herb. If I want extra fresh air I'll use my nose.

I like the carb open. It provides cooler vapor & less draw restriction. With water cooling I prefer as thick as vapor as possible, but this case I really like the design. I actually find drawing hard gives me the best/most satisfying vapor with the car open. Makes sense to me since the harder you draw the lower the pressure at the vapor inlet port, meaning more vapor is drawn from the chamber.

I use the Vapcap carb open, and I still use and enjoy it. I just prefer the idea of all the air im inhaling to be heated and put through the herb. If I want extra fresh air I'll use my nose.
The thick, tasty vapor that it can produce with the carb closed is pretty impressive. I almost always use it open these days, as intended, but the vapor it produces with carb closed is ridiculous. There are ways to improve your experience with carb open, but it seems impossible to get the airflow to a usable setting with carb closed. Keep trying, though -- if you figure out a solution, I'll switch back to keeping the carb closed in a heartbeat!

Tommy10

The thick, tasty vapor that it can produce with the carb closed is pretty impressive. I almost always use it open these days, as intended, but the vapor it produces with carb closed is ridiculous. There are ways to improve your experience with carb open, but it seems impossible to get the airflow to a usable setting with carb closed. Keep trying, though -- if you figure out a solution, I'll switch back to keeping the carb closed in a heartbeat!

Can't really find much in terms of making pre existing ones useable with the carb closed, but it would be something nice for future models.

Tommy10,
Reactions: Petro
I like the carb open. It provides cooler vapor & less draw restriction. With water cooling I prefer as thick as vapor as possible, but this case I really like the design. I actually find drawing hard gives me the best/most satisfying vapor with the car open. Makes sense to me since the harder you draw the lower the pressure at the vapor inlet port, meaning more vapor is drawn from the chamber.
I have only had unsatisfying results with carb open and water tools -- maybe I need a better seal or something, but I get no visible vapor running my og through my fab egg, uncarbed.

ragnorokk,
Reactions: Petro

YaFreekin Right

I have only had unsatisfying results with carb open and water tools -- maybe I need a better seal or something, but I get no visible vapor running my og through my fab egg, uncarbed.

It's interesting how different people's experience is on this unit. I get good sized clouds with the carb open, bigger with it closed but the draw is so tight, i don't find it usable that way.

Farid

I had trouble getting clouds until I started heating closer to the wood than to the tip. Now I get visible clouds, and can clear a pack in 2 if not 1 hit. I also always wait 1 or 2 seconds after the click before removing the flame.

Unisonruss

I'll add my 2cents about all of this carb business...

I wasn't using the carb really at first, and was getting pretty unsatisfactory vapor. Whispy, thin...and I'm a cloud chaser by nature. Once I began experimenting I nailed my technique...and get perfect rips every time. I highly recommend starting off each toke with the carb closed, and lightly puff on it like you's puff on a joint, or a cigarette...not a hard long draw, but rather mellow. Each little puff gives me great visual feedback of what kind of vapor I'm getting, and I "feather" the carb accordingly after a few of those little puffs with the carb closed. Plus this technique allows you to feel the heat and vapor better on your tongue. I exhale huge rips now...and I get coughing pretty good, too now...which I love! I get the most effects that way (the lung-buster as we call it).

Also...I used to go past the click when I was getting whispy hits...that made the clouds thicker without use of the carb, however the taste suffered greatly. I also used to use the flame up and down the cap as a rotated over the torch triple-flame. Now, I just bring it high up the flame, just barely touching the visible part of it, and I keep it centered while rotating. I find the results much more consistent that way. And of course, I stop immediately on the click. Doing this gives me vapor about as thick as any other vape I have, and the taste is great. Plus, I get tons of pulls off the same chamber, lessening my need to refill the chamber constantly.

And lastly, I don't grind my herb, nor stir.

I love this thing.

I personally cover the card for the first 3 seconds of my draw to build up vapor, I than uncover and clear. This seems to work best for me as it reminds me of hitting a bong. I do notice the draw resistance with the carb covered but when i am inhaling from a bong I use a slow draw until I am ready to clear anyway. So to me it is like hitting a joint and a bong at the same time which both come quite naturally to me, or its like hitting a joint and then taking that second inhale after your draw just with your lips still on the joint/cap.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I personally cover the card for the first 3 seconds of my draw to build up vapor, I than uncover and clear. This seems to work best for me as it reminds me of hitting a bong. I do notice the draw resistance with the carb covered but when i am inhaling from a bong I use a slow draw until I am ready to clear anyway. So to me it is like hitting a joint and a bong at the same time which both come quite naturally to me, or its like hitting a joint and then taking that second inhale after your draw just with your lips still on the joint/cap.

Exactly! That's what the carb is for IMO, to clear just like a bowl.

Seeing how the air is introduced into the body of the vape and not through the cap. I feel you're losing vapor rather than gaining airflow. If the majority of the air is coming through the carb and not the cap you're just roasting the shit out of your load and sucking in unmedicated air lol. This is just my feeling on this matter.

To add air flow, I slightly bent my cap so it doesn't fit so perfectly. I'm not telling anyone to do this in fear of ruining it but that's my solution.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I was feeling the taste was getting less clean despite alcool bath.
I noticed the ceramic filter and the area around stays quite black after cleaning and I was able to taste charred load on an empty VC.
So I took the risk and a clean torching red hot that part.
It didn't brake and It is white clean again and taste improves for sure.

@VapCap is this a safe way to clean it or is there the risk to explose ceramic filter (due to differents expansion rate once heated / this happens to me when torching solo stems too long)?

Also is it safe to torch red hot the cap?

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I was feeling the taste was getting less clean despite alcool bath.
I noticed the ceramic filter and the area around stays quite black after cleaning and I was able to taste charred load on an empty VC.
So I took the risk and a clean torching red hot that part.
It didn't brake and It is white clean again and taste improves for sure.

@VapCap is this a safe way to clean it or is there the risk to explose ceramic filter (due to differents expansion rate once heated / this happens to me when torching solo stems too long)?

Also is it safe to torch red hot the cap?

Don't over do it on the cap or you could wreck it, says George. I had asked the same question. Never went deeper than that though lol.

Must say though my Blackwood Ti/Woodie is turning to be a daily driver for myself. So simple, so quick. Gets the job done well, and tastes GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

AND NO SPLITTING ! :razz:

Should I knock on wood, or not take the chances?

Last edited:

Tommy10

Drilled a hole in the top of the cap, much better closed carb draw but cloud increase is no huge, I think the air would be better off going from the bottom of the cap over the hot glass and Into the bowl, tried to squeeze it and put some air tunnels if possible but the cap is pretty strong and bending it is hard. Bench vice might be handy.

Seems conbustion is easier with a drilled cap, can't heat low on the cap or will combust every time... Can heat high but there is a hole just over the bowl.

Last edited:
Tommy10,
Reactions: Nugg

little maggie

Just wondering if the wood ones have any warranty. Since my glass one is totally destroyed I'd like to wait until there is some kind of warranty before replacing mine.

little maggie,
Top Bottom