stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Grade 5 is actually quite common, it's also called Ti6Al4V.

Yeap,it is .
But ...

(...)
What is an OmniVap?
The OmniVap is primarily constructed from Grade 2 titanium. It’s key feature is its variable flow air/vapor ratio, which is easily adjusted by rotating the mouthpiece. This provides a near infinite range of adjustments for the flavor profile of your vapor. This provides a near infinite range of adjustments for the flavor profile of your vapor.
(...)
;)

https://www.dynavap.com/about

Cheers.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I am happy to report (after only one load) M works very good with induction coil heater, it seems SS to be less directly heated from induction thant Ti tip. It takes a couple of cycles to start making vapour but despite its short size it get less hot than my all ti one (with Ss being more like glass :)

Edit: todays caps are 3-5 mm shorter than 1year old cap.

Edit2: when only induction heated cap stays sparklig silver :)

Last edited:

GeeWhiz

M order ??

I'm ordering the M, triple torch, hemp fiber, and extra SS screens.
As a flavor chaser and micro-doser, any other parts or accessories that would enhance my vaping experience? Any "upgrades" that I'm likely to want after trying the M?

Thanks
In regards to flavor I will say this. I have gotten three rounds of great flavor by simply starting before it clicks. After a while you get a hang on exactly how long it will take to click. I start drawing before it clicks and I can get three or four cycles with great flavor this way.

Squiby

I don't know if I was doing it right but I did get a couple huge clouds so I was really impressed.
If it gets you where you want to be, I'd say you're doing it right....;)
Out of curiosity, has anyone on here made their own travel storage dynastash thing?
for Vapcap storage for out and about I have a few Dynastashes;

A Paduak Dynastash paired with its Ti VonG S with Blackwood VonG body and Cocobolo mp.
XOsaOzi.jpg

A raw edge Burl Dynastadh and its Ti Copper Stoned S.
dY6sRvS.jpg

A Wenge DynastashER with ti Vapcap tip and custom Wenge stem.
cs2fHe5.jpg

a Black and brown leather Vapcap Pouch from @Ratchett. It is very convenient. It is soft but protects the contents. It holds a doob tube for your stash, a cylindrical single jet lighter and a Ti Copper Stoned XLS. The closure is a magnet and holds the Vapcap ans serves as a heat sink to cool the cap in a couple seconds.
GCgyQXk.jpg

pV06yp8.jpg

and some repurposed tobacco pouches and a cigar tube. There is something about leather and wood...
A3kY6Kh.jpg

IFa9vBX.jpg

WER05dH.jpg

mucsusn

60 going on 20
If it gets you where you want to be, I'd say you're doing it right....;)
for Vapcap storage for out and about I have a few Dynastashes;

A Paduak Dynastash paired with its Ti VonG S with Blackwood VonG body and Cocobolo mp.
XOsaOzi.jpg

A raw edge Burl Dynastadh and its Ti Copper Stoned S.
dY6sRvS.jpg

A Wenge DynastashER with ti Vapcap tip and custom Wenge stem.
cs2fHe5.jpg

a Black and brown leather Vapcap Pouch from @Ratchett. It is very convenient. It is soft but protects the contents. It holds a doob tube for your stash, a cylindrical single jet lighter and a Ti Copper Stoned XLS. The closure is a magnet and holds the Vapcap ans serves as a heat sink to cool the cap in a couple seconds.
GCgyQXk.jpg

pV06yp8.jpg

and some repurposed tobacco pouches and a cigar tube. There is something about leather and wood...
A3kY6Kh.jpg

IFa9vBX.jpg

WER05dH.jpg
Damn, @Squiby! Elegant and functional. Love your posts!

GeeWhiz

I just cant get over that post I read the other day that on their wish list was a modded dynastash that allows for Pipes type heater. I can just imagine pushing the tip into something that basically snaps in place (think of a cig lighter in a car) and then clicks and pops out when ready. Beautiful wood finish, with a storage compartment for the VC and for some product. :)

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
morning update: I repeated the OMni exploration...

@Squiby Does the lighter on the picture with the leather pouch from Ratchett fit into a Dynastash?

Or does anyone know if there are lighters that will fit into a Dynastash or DynastashER?
was wondering what that was! very much like what I can see of it: @Squiby, could you show that lighter off a bit please? It looks like it would fit a pants-pocket just fine....

I always enjoy seeing folks' collections...speaking of which my only regret re: my M purchase is that I was so excited I COMPLETELY FORGOT to have the new caps engraved....

Last edited:

Ricardo

Not criticising, but I don't get why people are looking for electronic methods to heat the VapCap :hmm: There are hundreds of very good battery-powered Vaporizers out there - the whole appeal of the VapCap for me is the old-school "load it and light it" experience, with elegance and efficiency :).

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Not criticising, but I don't get why people are looking for electronic methods to heat the VapCap :hmm: There are hundreds of very good battery-powered Vaporizers out there - the whole appeal of the VapCap for me is the old-school "load it and light it" experience, with elegance and efficiency :).
Perhaps it's the vapour profile that they're attracted to, I know that that's the big selling point for me. The way the vapcap produces vapour is unique and different than what a continuously heated vape offers.

There's also a huge stealth factor that makes it look far less like the user is heating a "Crack pipe". It's the most common negative comment about the vapcap that I get. It bothers me that people have that image stuck in their head but that's society:shrug:. I think that a battery powered heater would drastically improve the stealthiness of this already discreet vape.

A vapcap is always a vapcap in my eyes no matter the heat source.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

This Vapcat is all about VapCaps. & curiosity.

Otherwise, life would be ordinary. And ho-hum? :hmm:

(Have you tried a FM mini, my friend? LOL)

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I always enjoy seeing folks' collections...speaking of which my only regret re: my M purchase is that I was so excited I COMPLETELY FORGOT to have the new caps engraved....

Spoke to the folks @ DynaVap, they are so fuckin busy with productions,sales, and mailiiiiiiigs,
engravings are pushed forward until at the earliest, May.

So much for me engraving dreams, lad. --At least, until May. :tup:

Squiby

@Squiby Does the lighter on the picture with the leather pouch from Ratchett fit into a Dynasta

Almost.

If you drill out the the Dynastash stash compartment the length of the lighter and widen the bore slightly, it will fit. I started to grind out my Paduak stash out and will post pics when I'm done. But yes, the stash can be modified with a little effort to house a small cylindrical lighter.

could you show that lighter off a bit? t looks like it would fit a pants-pocket just fine....

This little lighter has become a favourite of mine. It's tiny and has a small tank but does last surprisingly long time. It has a volume window, an off/on button and a flint igniter.
Here is link to it:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Creative-Cyl...791940?hash=item2a7160be04:g:OSMAAOSwjVVVnWp4

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Oops, I confess I didn't see that one - thank you for the link (who knew we'd all geek out on lighters?)

I was looking at the seemingly curved-chrome beauty peeking out of the bag in that bottom pic.

Chingas

I have hand tremors. Some days are worse than others. On a bad day using a torch is an exercise in frustration and combustion. I got lucky and got on the list for the last Portside by pipes. Can't wait, I bet it's awesome. :rockon:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
tried the "suck in" loading technique. Slapped the cap on, heated her up for 6 sec and BOOM. Monster hit. The second one I thought I had combusted for sure but it was just nicely light brown toasted.
I take one big draw till it the cool down click.

the bit of metal taste bugs me somewhat so itching to try a woody now. But you can't expect much more from such a small device IMO.

Might have to bring this thing to the hospital next week and try to sneak in some bathroom hits during chemotherapy haha!

Alexis

Perhaps it's the vapour profile that they're attracted to, I know that that's the big selling point for me. The way the vapcap produces vapour is unique and different than what a continuously heated vape offers.

There's also a huge stealth factor that makes it look far less like the user is heating a "Crack pipe". It's the most common negative comment about the vapcap that I get. It bothers me that people have that image stuck in their head but that's society:shrug:. I think that a battery powered heater would drastically improve the stealthiness of this already discreet vape.

A vapcap is always a vapcap in my eyes no matter the heat source.

I have hand tremors. Some days are worse than others. On a bad day using a torch is an exercise in frustration and combustion. I got lucky and got on the list for the last Portside by pipes. Can't wait, I bet it's awesome. :rockon:
@Ricardo , as @Winegums and others have suggested, we want to use the vapcap over and above other options out there becausd it is simply unique and special, and just a terrific vaporizer.

I can empathize with @Chingas , I have hand/wrist issues that make using the torch and twirling very aggravating. It isnt that we want a battery powered vape, we want the Vapcap, and if using a battery ("portside") or plug in ("jarhead") induction heater enables us to experience the joy of the Vapcap, then it is a very great thing.

GeeWhiz

Reasons to use a battery for the VC.

1. The vapcap produces much more vapor for me than my flowermate and it also has almost zero smell whereas the Flowermate always produces a strong smell just as it reaches temp.

2. I am not a long time smoker nor do I have extensive experience with combustion so .. I am not in love with the whole ritual thing that much. I like efficiency more than anything. ergo I do not miss nor am I looking to have to duplicate the "smoking" experience. A small battery powered heating element is ideal since it is way more efficient regarding the controlled heating.

3. If you do happen to be out and about, it actually would be far easier to share if it was in a "heat chamber" with the mouthpiece sticking out and a person can simply take it out of that small chamber when it clicks and take a drag. If you have tried sharing a VC with a newbie there is often some awkwardness when they take it in their hands. More than once I saw the person about to put the wrong end in their mouth as well as nearly grabbing it by the hot tip. I see a small heating element as an easy way to introduce people to the VC.

Part of the appeal for me with the VC is that it can use almost any heat source. So thats pretty cool. The most efficient and consistent however would be electric based. JMTC.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS. The postman just arrived and my M. Lit right up and I am super duper impressed. My Ti tip also fitted right on it with no issue. The stainless one seems to work fine. My greatest worry has been bringing a 200.00 piece out in public and then losing it. The glass was too fragile ( broke mine in the first week Matt replaced it though) so this is pretty much perfect. I am very happy.

GeeWhiz

MinnBobber

Hemp fiber filter placement in M???

@Squiby, I think you said you add a hemp fiber filter between two CCD screens.
I'm a newbie and have an M. I'm thinkin' it only has a notch/ spot for the one stock SS CCD screen or ???

I hate to even take out the stock screen yet.
Would cutting down a regular generic round wire screen to fit at the bottom of the small M chamber work: tiny round screen / hemp fiber / stock CCD screen?
After reading a lot of pages here, it seems the only real maintenance items are the tiny O-rings as they can catch/grab/tear etc.
So, I disassembled the unit and gave them all a light touch of coconut oil.
Then I washed everything in Dawn detergent as it's a great grease fighter, to remove any machining oil.
Then another light touch of coconut oil for O-rings and the two "fittings" on the condenser---not sure what they are made of??
Note: in the small wash container I found a tiny tiny SS burr, like what might have been hanging inside the carb hole after it was drilled. It's like slightly smaller diam than the carb hole.

It's good to wash any new metal items and IMO, always go with lowest level first so I did Dawn instead of harsher ISO.

My only Butane is 10 year old Ronson sooooo, thinking I need to wait until I get cleaner butane, based on reports here about Ronson purity, or lack thereof......

Top Bottom