Prolusio

My thoughts are: This design is so awesome I'm actually slightly (just slightly though) disappointed my Ti Omni shipped today, just missed out on being able to add a Nona to my order!

Luckily I should have some stems arriving at Vapcap's shop from the illustrious @phattpiggie soon; will definitely try grabbing a NonaVong along with those.

I enjoy using my current OmniVong on the couch while watching movies and it can be a little tricky to find the carb hole in the dark, this new design will be perfect for that. Also I will feel much safer leaving it out on my desk now that my cat cannot easily roll it into the dusty abyss that has formed under my fridge! :disgust::lol:

Great work on this new design @VapCap!:clap: I look forward to the new surprises you're sure to come up with over this year.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
if the VonG was a square, (but that would be a boring shape.)

@Prolusio my pieces arrived in WI yesterday so it won't be long before you have a couple of totally non tactile, dull as dishwater 'squares' in your hands.
No offence taken George.:)

@TheVaporist beautiful pictures as ever, one day I'll get the hang of all this Iso and f stuff, but for now here's as good as I can get foto of another Thuya Square.
W4VP7wg.jpg

This one looked like it was going to turn out nice after the initial roughing, took it off the lathe all well and good. Put it down on the bench, heard a 'click', not a nice VC click, and this big chunk had popped right out of place.
dAfD42I.jpg

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
@VapCap, the NonaVong feel a lot better like the regular Vong. Clever design,feels more "high end" and the look feel a bit Sci fi to me (another custom demand in my head, the cycle never ends). The burl is lovely by the way!
That's particularly awesome that you thought about momentum and center of rotation, I'm pleased to see that!:tup:

@phattpiggie, thanks for your words I'm glad!
Your Thuya square is outstanding and I'm sure the picture doesn't do justice to the wood's veins :luv:
Great work, that's always a pleasure to see it!

@Kasish your safe as long as you're not reaching 3287°c (boiling temp of Titanium) you're gonna be fine, but's that's not gonna happen right? ah ah. You can even create an oxide layer on the tip a little this way (changed because more correct than the previous stuff).
Our fellow vapcaper @Joaon(as long as other but can't remember of everything...) had torched his tip and the result is great! As long as your picture Joaon, I love it!

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Ti stands this heat, o-rings not for sure. But whats about the metal pieces causing the clicks?
Are they made out of ti too? Does THIS metal stand the heat? If not you'll have a clean tip but a damaged clicker. Probably just George knows the answer without possibly damaging experiments?

TheVaporist

@Hogni, the tip wich refer to the bowl made out of titanium but I think that you are talking about the cap, wich is made from stainless steel, I don't know about the clicking piece wich is probably an aloy, or ss too I presume...
However the cap can overheat after three seconds or more after the clock, according to the documentation and be broke. But if you are torching the Ti tip you are going to do it without the cap on it and without the orings, or.... :worms: ahah

rz

I haven't cleaned a cap yet. Regarding tip:

JhUzkS8.jpg

Here's some shots of my heat-anodized tip after DIYing the grooves into the newer style.

I removed the o-rings and used a vice-grip to gently clamp the bottom and hold it upright. Used my triple-flame torch but had to do it in sections so the torch wouldn't over-heat. Removing the oxidation layer isn't as straight forward, and these colors aren't everyones cup of tea. I knew I'd experiment with things, so I got a spare tip anyway.

I really love the bit of character it adds. It is my go-to tip. in the last week or two, my most used combo is Omni+blackwood+this tip.

I still enjoy my 20cm Ti pipe though it's not as convenient as my compact lightweight beautiful omni-wood. I will probably order an even longer Ti pipe and may chop up the 20cm one in the meantime. I've also started ordering some parts to play around with induction heating inspired by @Pipes :D

However, I don't expect to get much DIYing done in the near future. We're expecting our third boy in a little under two months from now :) We will have a bit of a challenging year as he will need some cardiovascular repair. Grateful we're living in an era that it's so viable, so we're optimistic for great times ahead :)

Basti

Is it normal that the TI's are so much better than the original vapcap? I was already very happy with my vapcap but when I got the TI I was very surprised because the performance is so much better. How ist the performance of the omnivap compared to the TI? Is there a big difference?

TheVaporist

@Basti, the omnivap is performing the same way as the woody, but the omnivap has a variable air flow letting you choose different settings without feathering the carb hole with your finger (but you can still do it if you want to of course).
I greatly prefer my omnivap over my woodies, but in the end I love them all ah ah!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Is it normal that the TI's are so much better than the original vapcap? I was already very happy with my vapcap but when I got the TI I was very surprised because the performance is so much better. How ist the performance of the omnivap compared to the TI? Is there a big difference?

Yes.... it's normal. The OG utilizes the tip, but IMO it takes the Ti heat signature to really make it shine.

OMNIvap has same Ti end, but I like it a lot better. The adjustable condenser (and badass Ti mouthpiece) make it well worth the upgrade. Biggest real performance difference is that you can easily adjust your airflow instead of messing around with the air port (as George now refers to it. aka shotgun hole). Doesn't seem like it would be too much of a difference, but made a huge difference for me.

Last edited:

lemmeadem

@phattpiggie So how're the new tips, Phatts?

Rocking a first generation omni has kept me happy and basically killed my VAS (aside from a Pax 3 for public use I haven't really been in the market like I used to be) and I've seen Dynavap go from strength to strength to strength to indestructible so I'm keen to know how they managed to improve on what's basically my goto for unimprovable.

The trainwreck seshes this sucker pumps out will kill a brother and I recently put in for a shipped-in-1-day order (amazing as always) of a dynamag, hemp and TI Woody XLS (hopefully without a carb and with matching stem and mouthpiece).

DAGmusic

Hey all, I've been an owner of an OG for a few months and am looking to upgrade. I would greatly appreciate answers to my questions down below...

1) to owners of the Woody XL, do you feel like it it is too heavy to hold between your lips while using? I want the added length but don't want to feel like it's too heavy to use with no hands.

2) to owners of engraved caps, how did you go about asking for this addition and how did it affect the total price of your order?

3) is there any way to view/choose between the varieties of exotic wood mouthpieces available from Dynavap? I've already accepted that the wood grain/style of any woody vapcap will be random, but am curious about the mp.

That's about it, thanks for your time!

Prolusio

2) to owners of engraved caps, how did you go about asking for this addition and how did it affect the total price of your order?

Welcome to the board @DAGmusic!

After I placed my order I sent an email to DynaVap referencing my order # and included an attachment of the symbol I wanted engraved. DynaVap emailed me right away confirming the design would work, then sent me an invoice via paypal for $15 for the engraving/design work.

I believe I saw mentioned in previous posts that it costs $5 to get an image engraved that's already been used as it doesn't require tweaking to fit on the cap/work with the laser engraving software.. However I am not sure where/if there is a catalog of previously used emblems. You can always check back through the FC pages for some caps people have posted though!

I have a flight next week to Vegas. How do i bring the vapcap og with me? I have a completely clean unused one. Yay for legalization, but no recreational stores open yet.. Not sure how I'll get it there.

StrawberryTribe,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@lemmeadem the first and second generation tips were great and I've always been able to pull fat tasty clouds with them.

The third generation was way better, the modified rifling made it all much easier with more flavor.

You will love the latest ones. I've found that my heating technique has had to be changed slightly, less aggressive.
When I use the same high heat method I've used with my 2nd generation tip to get quick extraction it'll combust on me.
Such a hardship only having to worry about turning down the flame on my torch.
I think this is down to less meat on the new Ti tip.
I have noticed the vapor production lasts longer per cycle. Where my second gen would have run out the newest tip has more to offer.

I'm usually a mouth to lung user, but in the name of and all that I've tried to keep a constant draw for as long as my lungs will allow. This usually results in me smiling and coughing at the same time. Huge clouds.

The newest ones give effortless results big clouds and more flavor.

If only we had one day delivery to the UK, there would be no more swearing thru a smile at the poor postman.

I'm sure you'll be letting us all know how you get on and I look forward to hearing your thoughts in a couple of days.

herbalist33

@lemmeadem the first and second generation tips were great and I've always been able to pull fat tasty clouds with them.

The third generation was way better, the modified rifling made it all much easier with more flavor.

You will love the latest ones. I've found that my heating technique has had to be changed slightly, less aggressive.
When I use the same high heat method I've used with my 2nd generation tip to get quick extraction it'll combust on me.
I have noticed the vapor production lasts longer per cycle. Where my second gen would have run out the newest tip has more to offer.

I'm usually a mouth to lung user, but in the name of and all that I've tried to keep a constant draw for as long as my lungs will allow. This usually results in me smiling and coughing at the same time. Huge clouds.

If only we had one day delivery to the UK, there would be no more swearing thru a smile at the poor postman.

I'm sure you'll be letting us all know how you get on and I look forward to hearing your thoughts in a couple of days.

@phattpiggie i have to agree with you on the new new tip- it's actually a lot better performance, and I too found I needed to adjust my heating slightly. You'll remember after my first try with the new new tip I wasn't so sure about the performance, and was worried about not being able to close off the airflow enough.... alas I was worried about nothing- I much prefer the new tip... definitely the best yet!

A little stoner contemplation on the working of it made me think that as well as increasing convection, this new tip also actively decreases conduction: because of the deeper/wider grooves, there's less surface area in contact with the cap, so although you'll still get radiant heat which will then conduct thru the tip walls, it 'theoretically' should conduct less heat.

I also find better heat rentention and better flavour though out the load.

Also, loving all your new creations as usual, and looking forward to seeing some stabilised woods if and when you start turning them!

Peace

uhranium

So just bought one after my 3 day old 100$ vape got snatched by the cops, and did my testing.

I immediately burned my stuff since I didn't get the "stop right after the click"/"reheat because right after the click there is not enough vapor" thingie right but I am becoming better.

Upon inspecting this little thing (that comes with no manual, wtf) I managed to let the tube fall ~1.3metres down on concrete floor. "Like I give a damn" No, breaking at all. Solid!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

@phattpiggie i have to agree with you on the new new tip- it's actually a lot better performance, and I too found I needed to adjust my heating slightly. You'll remember after my first try with the new new tip I wasn't so sure about the performance, and was worried about not being able to close off the airflow enough.... alas I was worried about nothing- I much prefer the new tip... definitely the best yet!

A little stoner contemplation on the working of it made me think that as well as increasing convection, this new tip also actively decreases conduction: because of the deeper/wider grooves, there's less surface area in contact with the cap, so although you'll still get radiant heat which will then conduct thru the tip walls, it 'theoretically' should conduct less heat.

I also find better heat rentention and better flavour though out the load.

Also, loving all your new creations as usual, and looking forward to seeing some stabilised woods if and when you start turning them!

Peace

New tips use less heat, so less butane? DAMN! I really need to proceed to checkout from my ever growing DV cart. Less butane means less filling and savings. I could probably save a few pennies a day, and can rationalize that in the long run I'll save money by buying one. Of course, George will probably be up to V87 by then - crafty devil he is! :)

Has anyone compiled the known artwork for tip engraving? I've been playing with a couple new ones, so may go that route anyway - but would be really nice to have an ongoing list. $15 to have whatever you can come up with certainly isn't a bad deal - but I like $5 and know there are some really nice ones out there.

If you have a custom tip engraving and haven't posted a pic yet, please do soon! If nobody has a list/pics already, I'll try to pull one together. Worthy of a new thread in "Ask FC", right?

..... Upon inspecting this little thing (that comes with no manual, wtf) I managed to let the tube fall ~1.3metres down on concrete floor. "Like I give a damn" No, breaking at all. Solid!

Welcome to VC vaping. No manual? It is really simple. Just respect the click and find your preferred heating spot or heating spot sequence with whatever torch you use (higher heat spot on cap - towards end = lower temps. Lower on cap = higher temps).

Do a search in this thread on user @Squiby and read the posts. Many are chock full of great info. Much more than could ever be covered in a manual, and probably easier to learn from. WARNING: If you like the OG, you'll be tempted for a nicer VC soon - and Squiby posts will certainly increase that desire.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just got my OmniVap XL, I'm disappointed :ugh:..........that I can't use it RIGHT NOW!!!:rofl:

Damn work, always getting in the way of life :argh:

Plus I'm working late tonight so all I can do is fiddle with the thing (which to be fair is half the fun and just to be clear here I am referring to the OmniVap). :\

It's funny, even the XL feels smaller than I was expecting.

I got an DynaStash XL as well, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a vial or container for stashing :leaf: that would fit nicely in the spare DynaStash slot? I don't want to put the :leaf: directly in the DynaStash.

I've had the thing less than 1hr, not actually used it yet but I already want a custom stem from @phattpiggie :brow:

Also I really like the green packaging, nice touch. Also I didn't get charged customs fees :rockon:so now I have a few extra :2c: for some more parts/accessories.:science:

Top Bottom