vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
HI guys - me, the potential click cap killer, back again.

I'm getting a new cap, but as I mentioned the $30 OG was to see if I liked this style of vape and do I ever.

So, along with my new cap I want to order my next Vapcap but have some questions that perhaps you guys can help me with. As soon as I can ferret out answers to these, then I can order my next Dyna product:

1. I’m looking a Ti Woody S. The S seems to have the spinning mouthpiece but contents listing does not show the plastic carrying tube. Are the vapes with the spinning mouthpiece now too long to fit in the tube? If not, does it come with the plastic tube (which I actually really like).

2. Looking at the Ti Wood (Stem):

a. There is an option for “double crown”. What the heck is this…I have looked all over the site and haven’t found anything about a “crown”

b. The TI Wood XLS option puts the longer condenser tube in the vape, right…I think it says in the parts section that the XL adds 17mm to the length. Does this still fit into a carrying tube as I see it does include one in the contents listing (and if this does, then certainly wouldn't the Ti Woody S?)​

Lastly, the website still says the Omnivap is still pre-order. I note some folks have gotten them, beta testers maybe??

Thanks in advance for your help. I know these are answered somewhere in this thread, but 215 pages...sigh. LOL

Cheers

Hi man,

Hope I can get you on track to getting one asap! :)

1. yes, it'll come with a plastic tube. No, a Ti shorty is not too long to fit. It's regular sized. Shorty body + spinnable mouthpiece = regular size

2. a) a double crown is having two stainless steel rings protecting the wooden body. Each side one. One crowned units only have the "crown" at the Ti tip end.

b) no, with the xl kit attached to the body the unit will not fit into the tube anymore. You will likely receive two tubes. One with the vapcap and one containing the xl kit.

Right, the OV officially still is not final. I think George and Matt like to gather feedback first to implement further potential improvements. So, we're testers in a way - which is Great fun!! :)

Now you're set, I hope. Get one :D

Baron23

Hi man,

Hope I can get you on track to getting one asap! :)

1. yes, it'll come with a plastic tube. No, a Ti shorty is not too long to fit. It's regular sized. Shorty body + spinnable mouthpiece = regular size

2. a) a double crown is having two stainless steel rings protecting the wooden body. Each side one. One crowned units only have the "crown" at the Ti tip end.

b) no, with the xl kit attached to the body the unit will not fit into the tube anymore. You will likely receive two tubes. One with the vapcap and one containing the xl kit.

Right, the OV officially still is not final. I think George and Matt like to gather feedback first to implement further potential improvements. So, we're testers in a way - which is Great fun!! :)

Now you're set, I hope. Get one :D
Thank you, so very much vapen00b!! Perfect.

P.S. - just placed my order for a Ti Woody Stem with double crown in Cocobolo.

Cheers

Last edited:

StoneFog

I had some storm damage to my shed recently and just noticed it, so I've spent the weekend cleaning that up, sorry I neglected to move my RDA mod post over from imgur.

George has offered to send me a longer cap to try (thank you!), so I'll wait until the vapchap 2.0 is up and running before I post it here. I'm leery about using it in it's current form and I'd rather wait to post something I'm more confident in, now that a better option may be available.

Once I get this up and running, I plan on getting a VonG and one of these magnetic 510 adaptors http://lamachineavaper.blogspot.ca/p/boutique.html?m=1. This should make a great bong mate. :nod:

Mine is the top one. They all looked so good I decided to let fate dictate what I would receive & have no complaints. I love all my vapes but there is something very special about the VapCap system. Could it be the ease of use, power & overall simplicity?
That's an awesome Burly man, that was an great batch... And so were every other batch I've seen pictures of, I love them all. :rockon:

I agree, the VapCap is very special indeed. I think that extra something special may be a dash of voodoo and a pinch of witchcraft... but it may be more technical than that. :cool:

This is the route I'm currently going, kinda. I'm trying to get a wood enclosure and basically building a series ecig mod. But I want to have the 510 recessed into the mod with just a hole in the top for the vapcap. I've got a few parts ordered but truthfully at this point it's not much more than an idea.

Good luck dude!
Just a few of pieces of unsolicited advice.
1. The coil touching the cap doesn't seem to cause any damage to the cap but if the vapcap is stationary, contact with the coil can cause hot spots that can lead to combustion. If you can't place it without contacting the coil, then keep the cap in motion (move it up and down and spin the vapcap).

2. the coil gets very hot, if it accidentally gets pressed against the wood wall of the device, it will burn. Using the glass off of the tank or RDA (if it's a glass RDA) you are modifying, as an insulator, would probably work well.

3. Be sure to insulate your battery compartment very well, against the heat generated by the coil. I would be very nervous with a mod that had a bare coil pumping that heat out at my batteries.
:tup:

Squiby

rdQ07Qk.jpg

WOW!!! You have a set of seriously beautiful Vapcaps! That burly is to die for, the black wood is super classy and the Omni is the BOSS!!! What a lovely collection.
:love::luv::love:

@Squiby Where does all this info come from, you've posted a ream of info a couple of times. I think you may have a bit of an obsession going on there. OC'VC'D. It's great.

LOL! I could say the same of you. :rockon:... or we could say we know our dope. :brow:... and yes, yes I do have VAS - Vapcap Acquisition Syndrome. :D

Has anyone attempted to mod the dynastash to include a spring in the bottom to get the "pop up" effect that a lot of traditional dugouts have? I would love to do this to mine.

I haven't done it and it may be possible. My Dynastashes only leave a mm or so of headspace so if you can find a spring that is a mm or less when compressed, you could just glue it in there. It will be a tight fit for sure. Let us know if you try it. :nod:

rosedale

I haven't done it and it may be possible. My Dynastashes only leave a mm or so of headspace so if you can find a spring that is a mm or less when compressed, you could just glue it in there. It will be a tight fit for sure. Let us know if you try it. :nod:

I ended up doing in. I put a dab of hot glue on the spring from the battery compartment in an old tv remote and put it down in the hole. Getting it to go down the hole straight was a bit of a chore but it works as expected. The one issue that I am concerned about is the hot cap possibly melting the glue if I put it away warm.

Quint

I ended up doing in. I put a dab of hot glue on the spring from the battery compartment in an old tv remote and put it down in the hole. Getting it to go down the hole straight was a bit of a chore but it works as expected. The one issue that I am concerned about is the hot cap possibly melting the glue if I put it away warm.

Personally, I'd recommend some food safe silicone adhesive. Very cool though!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Maybe the conical springs found on bicycle quick release skewers could be persuaded to be a snug fit against the inside of the garage, thereby eliminating the need for glue?
They easily collapse down when squeezed, to a single thickness of the wire (thanks to the conical design).

I might give it a go myself, any bike shop will likely have a few occupying their scrap bins.
I think many would give us a couple without charge.

quick-release-skewer.jpg

In other news, my damascus VC has arrived! (sorry no camera ATM), so:
5RA4UTB.jpg

God I love it.
Thank you George :bowdown:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
George really did something special for me, and I'm going to be eternally grateful, it is indeed a stunner.
The weight is high for a Vapcap (compared to a Ti woody) but still less than the quad lighter which George sells.
The mouthpiece spins, and the condenser is a conventional, non Omnivap one.
I don't have any o-rings yet so the one bowl I've run so far required me to feather the carb, just as I do my Ti burly.
The damascus could do with a finish of some sort to 'seal' the surface of the metal, and reduce the risk of corrosion.
In use there is a slight taste of metal, and if you hold it under your nose then there's a slight smell of metal shop vise, so I will be investigating ways of preventing rust/taste, maybe 'gun-blue' cold bluing fluid or boiling in oil (or both).
Any suggestions for sealing/finishing steel? I'm aiming for something safe which would not reduce the contrast that makes the 'grain' so very obvious.

Performance is great, there may be a slight difference between this and the Ti burly, but if there is I couldn't detect it in one bowl:science:, other than a faint metallic taste.

:zzz:
Goodnight FC, I'm :zombie:

Squiby

George really did something special for me, and I'm going to be eternally grateful, it is indeed a stunner.
The weight is high for a Vapcap (compared to a Ti woody) but still less than the quad lighter which George sells.
The mouthpiece spins, and the condenser is a conventional, non Omnivap one.
I don't have any o-rings yet so the one bowl I've run so far required me to feather the carb, just as I do my Ti burly.
The damascus could do with a finish of some sort to 'seal' the surface of the metal, and reduce the risk of corrosion.
In use there is a slight taste of metal, and if you hold it under your nose then there's a slight smell of metal shop vise, so I will be investigating ways of preventing rust/taste, maybe 'gun-blue' cold bluing fluid or boiling in oil (or both).
Any suggestions for sealing/finishing steel? I'm aiming for something safe which would not reduce the contrast that makes the 'grain' so very obvious.

Performance is great, there may be a slight difference between this and the Ti burly, but if there is I couldn't detect it in one bowl:science:, other than a faint metallic taste.

:zzz:
Goodnight FC, I'm :zombie:

I'm gonna get me some Damascus!!!

Could you just use some wax like @Ed's TnT wood wax to seal the Damascus steel?

VapCap

Manufacturer
Oh what a day today was.

Wow!

So it began with a stop at the machine shop to pick up the next round of titanium tips. No not the Double HexaHelix ones, those are still in development. Looking promising, but not done yet. Further testing required. :)
But, I received a bit of a surprise when I arrived.

This is what it looks like.

IMG_20160719_220100535_zpszcgipglu.jpg

This is a Double HexaHelix Body. I added the burl mouthpiece and my still one and only DHH tip to try and make it look a bit more finished. Solid titanium and with a new precision knurl if you would call it that.
These will fit both the OmniVap AND the Ti Woody S, which presents a HUGE problem... What do you call a Ti Woody with no wood body?
I an very interested in anyone's thoughts.

So, If that wasn't cool enough, this afternoon proved to be very interesting too. Jason (a very important player in the Dynavap story, as he does a fair bit of our prototype machining, and other cool things I will elaborate on soon) coordinated a group of four college interns to come in for a meet and greet. We are looking for at least one, potentially more highly motivated people to join our team as we shift our production into the next phase. This is some really exciting stuff! More machines, more jigs and other cool automation things.
If all goes well, we will really begin to ramp up production beginning in about 2 weeks. Our objective is to cut our backlog to under 2 weeks by the middle of August, maybe even better.

I sure do enjoy what I do! It is difficult to describe the pure awesomeness of all of this. I am truly thankful for the opportunity provided to me to go to work and be able to focus on interesting products, combined with material science, a little mechanical engineering, and finished off with product development and design. What more could a person want to do with their time?
I know I can't think of much.

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh what a day today was.

Wow!

So it began with a stop at the machine shop to pick up the next round of titanium tips. No not the Double HexaHelix ones, those are still in development. Looking promising, but not done yet. Further testing required. :)

This is a Double HexaHelix Body. I added the burl mouthpiece and my still one and only DHH tip to try and make it look a bit more finished. Solid titanium and with a new precision knurl if you would call it that.
These will fit both the OmniVap AND the Ti Woody S, which presents a HUGE problem... What do you call a Ti Woody with no wood body?

So, If that wasn't cool enough, this afternoon proved to be very interesting too. Jason (a very important player in the Dynavap story, as he does a fair bit of our prototype machining, and other cool things i will elaborate on soon) coordinated a group of four college interns to come in for a meet and greet. We are looking for at least one, potentially more highly motivated people to join our team as we shift our production into the next phase. This is some really exciting stuff! More machines, more jigs and other cool automation things.
If all goes well, we will really begin to ramp up production beginning in about 2 weeks. Our objective is to cut our backlog to under 2 weeks by the middle of August, maybe even better.

I sure do enjoy what I do! There is something hard to describe the pure awesomeness of all of this. I am truly thankful for the opportunity provided to me to go to work and be able to focus on interesting products, combined with material science, a little mechanical engineering, and finished off with product development and design. What more could a person want to do with their time?

Cheers,

George
I have no influence on your company's want to use wood to place your mouth on?
Some people is it no problem.
I perfer glass for a mouth-piece. (inert material that does not effect flavor)!
Offer wood and something else.
Give a choice?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
What is damascus? That's a beautiful vape. As is the double helix. I just placed an order for another dynavap with a small body with copper drops. Now I want damascus. Every time I come here there's something else I want. This is the most expensive thread for me.
Damascus steel is a type of old steel used mostly in India for swords. Very interesting and a lot of history behind it, surprisingly enough!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@VapCap

George

I have a suggestion in regards to the name for your new vape.

With the possibilities for the TI vapes growing - would it be better to have a "build your own vape" page on your website?

You could have a number of drop downs such as condenser size, body size, material of body, double or single crown for wood, material of mouthpiece. Then you could have another drop down which could select the correct dynastash as an add on. The drop downs would be intelligent so you could not pick a short body with an extra long condenser for instance. You could build in warnings too. If an XL condenser was picked, and no dynstash then a warning would show that the vape will ship in two tubes. Would suggest mapping this all out first on paper before trying to code it.

What do you think?

At the moment the possibilities are confusing for a neewbie, and could avoid the same old questions popping up.

farscaper

Oh what a day today was.

Wow!

So, If that wasn't cool enough, this afternoon proved to be very interesting too. Jason (a very important player in the Dynavap story, as he does a fair bit of our prototype machining, and other cool things I will elaborate on soon) coordinated a group of four college interns to come in for a meet and greet. We are looking for at least one, potentially more highly motivated people to join our team as we shift our production into the next phase. This is some really exciting stuff! More machines, more jigs and other cool automation things.

I sure do enjoy what I do! It is difficult to describe the pure awesomeness of all of this. I am truly thankful for the opportunity provided to me to go to work and be able to focus on interesting products, combined with material science, a little mechanical engineering, and finished off with product development and design. What more could a person want to do with their time?

Cheers,

George
This is my first chime in on this thread...

All I have to say is get to making this piece right here with a titanium mouthpiece or no mouthpiece at all.

This is what I want. Pure indestructible I hit perfection. I use to have a dugout and an aluminum bat I custom carved from one of those stealth cigarette 1 hitters.... needless to say... it looked super similar. So this DHH tip and body are dripping with personal nostalgia.

So hop too! This is what I want! And a dugout for it!

It's perfect!

Need need need!

Call it the Ti Bat. Or Tibet

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Copacetic I can send you up a sample of hemp seed oil and beeswax if you'd like to try it. I have no idea how it will go on the damascus but it can be iso'd off easily if you don't like it.

Can't say enough times how everything you turn out looks great @VapCap. Look forward to hearing some user reports on the new tips.

Last edited:

Squiby

This is what I want! And a dugout for it!

This is your lucky day! The all titanium Omnivap vaporizer is already available. It is a beast and it is indestructible! The titanium mouthpiece has an adjustable air flow feature unlike the wood mouthpieces.

That new titanium body is real slick and looks great with the new tip prototype. BEAUTIFULLLLL.

Here's mine, with the shiny ti body and its Wenge DynastashER...I LOVE IT!!!

ZDLnXzM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

@little maggie

You are going to LOVE the Copper Stoned body. It's my overall favourite. It is a great body because it does not roll on a flat surface and I find the thicker bumpier body easier to twirl when heating. It is beautiful and you will find yourself staring at the interesting patterns the copper and stainless steel create. I also like the extra weight of it. It is the heaviest of the Vapcaps (except maybe the Damascus) and I really like the feel of it in my hand. Great choice!

But then again, I haven't seen a Vapcap that I didn't like. These are the best vaps money can buy. Beautiful, efficient and modular.

Here's my beloved Copper Stoned with it's Raw Edge Burl Dynastash.

BprZ2kX.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Oh what a day today was.

Wow!

Cheers,

George
Double Ti/woodie? Ti2woodie?

ragnorokk,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Give a choice?

For what is worthed wood mouthpiece isn't in vapor path. There is a inner stainless steel tube, wood is "only" in contact with your lips but i for one sense no woodiness (differently from a ed stem for example)

Omnivap has a titanium vaporpath and mouthpiece too is in titanium

I forgot titanium glass vapcap that has same stainless vaporpath but mouthpiece is glass

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Give a choice?
The OV stock mouth piece is actually titanium, don't know if that works for you man? Some of us who want to use the VC while hiking/walking have wanted a titanium body with wood mouthpiece for safety of your teeth/gums. George might have also done the mash-up just because it looks "different", and in this stage of vapcap, a lot of us need "different" to "get off" to VC pics (half joking). Whatever George's motivation, I have a mash up very similar myself on order (in addition to stock condenser and Ti MP). I want the Ti body durability for extended hiking/backpacking trips with the safety of wood.

Top Bottom