GoldenBud

@Alexis it depends also how much dark you want your ABV. I found that the hottest part of the tip, if i angle my flame there, i get very dark abv but i was looking via a 30x magnifying glass and could still see some trichomes on it. BUT, the taste was of like a strong popcorn...very conductive ABV right?

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Is it possible to micro dose CBD effectively like you can THC? I'm going to the dispensary tomorrow and thought of picking up ACDC (CBD strain) flower for the first time to use with my DynaVap. I get excellent effects from THC at .03-.07g in the VapCap.

Or does CBD flower need much higher quanitities to get effects? In which case I'll pass since an eigth of CBD flower is the same cost as an eighth of THC flower, aka not cheap

Vape_Or_Die420

Is it possible to micro dose CBD effectively like you can THC? I'm going to the dispensary tomorrow and thought of picking up ACDC (CBD strain) flower for the first time to use with my DynaVap. I get excellent effects from THC at .03-.07g in the VapCap.

Or does CBD flower need much higher quanitities to get effects? In which case I'll pass since an eigth of CBD flower is the same cost as an eighth of THC flower, aka not cheap
I almost exclusively vape cbd hemp mixed with thc herb in my Dynavap. Go for it!

Last edited:

Likun

Hello together,

I haven't been around for quite a few months and just recently found back my way to vaping. Vapcap is among my favorites (on par with my tubo evic) and I'd like to treat myself with a new stem for birthday. Maybe also a new Ti tip. Long story short I got 2 questions:
1. Can you recommend me some custom wood stems respectively some makers/vendors which also ship to the EU (Germany)?
2. Has there been any noteworthy changes in the Ti Tips in the last two years? I think my current Tip is from '18 or even '17.
I'm curious to your recommendations! Thanks in advance! If those kind of advertising / recommendations aren't allowed here I sincerely apologize in advance!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Snagged this from Reddit... what's up with this Ti tip? Mine is on the right [419 '20 sale]
8p5nu4o0tdh51.jpg
20200816_120526.jpg

If KGWoodcrafts ships overseas, certainly have a look that way @frosty234 - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/kgwoodcrafts.49011/
Some very fine work coming out of that shop.

http://instagr.am/p/CDUIpRdAtPg/

thunderstealer1337

I believe this thread has pics of all the variations of TI tips through the years including the 7 fin LE,

I think they are on their 5th version meow, i have 4 ti tips, 2/4 are similar the other 2 are all different, # of grooves to depth and width of them as show in your pic

thunderstealer1337,

almost there

Snagged this from Reddit... what's up with this Ti tip? Mine is on the right [419 '20 sale]
8p5nu4o0tdh51.jpg
View attachment 1896

If KGWoodcrafts ships overseas, certainly have a look that way @frosty234 - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/kgwoodcrafts.49011/
Some very fine work coming out of that shop.

http://instagr.am/p/CDUIpRdAtPg/
I don’t notice anything unusual about the tip. If you’re referring to the shallow cutouts at the end that’s the way dynavap use to do it, think the newer ones are deeper

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It also has a slightly loser twist. What really stands out is the depth of the grooves. I've always noted the crispness of the Ti tip in DV images.

Sorry, I should link the discussion;
LINK

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
hey bro! nice stem .....so you have a lathe now? I had better get bacl to work! LOL

Hey Daniel, I do. Needed to take my tools to the next level. Been thinking about you as I try and focus my old but functioning eyes on my piece, lol

I hadnt really thought about turning stems but now that I have made a few, Im hooked. Im experimenting with an SS liner. This is Bubinga & SS

IMG-2791.jpg

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey Daniel, I do. Needed to take my tools to the next level. Been thinking about you as I try and focus my old but functioning eyes on my piece, lol

I hadnt really thought about turning stems but now that I have made a few, Im hooked. Im experimenting with an SS liner. This is Bubinga & SS

IMG-2791.jpg
oooh bubinga! nice
you r doing nice turnings, if you can, snap a pic of your lathe and turning chisels

I started today on msking some xxxl wood stems that will have a trad vapcap chamber, airport, and a custom removable condenser with attachd mouthpiece. using a 8mm/5mm compound stem

danielj,

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey @danielj - that adjustable condenser... will it work like an Omni if you use a Ti tip?
hey bro the condenser is custom in that it is way longer than standard because the stem itself is longer. The mp end of the stem has a5mmID, while the tip end has the usual 8mm chamber.

I guess it could be adjustable by making it go into the ti tip, and then using thin spacers to back it back out at the mouthpiece end. I remember making some spacers tor RRW glass stem to back the condenser out abit. I will give it some thought. I dont have an omni, so do not know the range of adjustment between closed and fully backed out

danielj,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'm thinking of upping the game on a stem to further the poor man's Omni. If you have a Ti tip and an XL condenser, give this a try, air port wide open.

20200529_224614.jpg

I was thinking an 8mm bore as normal, then add a receiver for the condenser preferably adjustable. I need to make something special for my Ti tip.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm thinking of upping the game on a stem to further the poor man's Omni. If you have a Ti tip and an XL condenser, give this a try, air port wide open.

View attachment 1898

I was thinking an 8mm bore as normal, then add a receiver for the condenser preferably adjustable. I need to make something special for my Ti tip.
so, an xl condenser in a M stem sticks out the front....and it will go that far into a ti tip? Interesting
will have to check this out for myself

danielj,
Reactions: TommyDee

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I started today on msking some xxxl wood stems that will have a trad vapcap chamber, airport, and a custom removable condenser with attachd mouthpiece. using a 8mm/5mm compound stem

Nice! Are you doing an acetal mp. I posted my stem on Reddit and IG and everyone asks about your MP. You still turning them?

I bought a $300 WEN mini lathe from Lowes. Seems like plenty of lathe for now. I Bought some standard turning tools and some carbide mini tools but i find I use a little cheap skew the most.

RogueGuy,

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Nice! Are you doing an acetal mp. I posted my stem on Reddit and IG and everyone asks about your MP. You still turning them?

I bought a $300 WEN mini lathe from Lowes. Seems like plenty of lathe for now. I Bought some standard turning tools and some carbide mini tools but i find I use a little cheap skew the most.
actually I have not made anything for quiet some time. It felt good to get out on the lathe today These stems will have wood mp initially, but yes they should also be acetal-ized!

congrats on your new lathe
the little wen is pretty good for the coin- the accesaries, chucks, chisel etc can eat up more coin then the lathe itself. you will p find that if your chisels are not carbide, youvwill need to get sharpening ewuipt and learn how to sharpen oooh, and no long sleeves, untucked shirts, watches etc while latheing

looking forward to see your creations did you get a drillpress big enough to do the stem bores?

danielj,
Reactions: Xclerk

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
actually I have not made anything for quiet some time. It felt good to get out on the lathe today These stems will have wood mp initially, but yes they should also be acetal-ized!

congrats on your new lathe
the little wen is pretty good for the coin- the accesaries, chucks, chisel etc can eat up more coin then the lathe itself. you will p find that if your chisels are not carbide, youvwill need to get sharpening ewuipt and learn how to sharpen oooh, and no long sleeves, untucked shirts, watches etc while latheing

looking forward to see your creations did you get a drillpress big enough to do the stem bores?

You mean like the kid in my high school WOOD SHOP class that USED to have a pony tail, before making his pipe on the lathe? It was bloody....

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You mean like the kid in my high school WOOD SHOP class that USED to have a pony tail, before making his pipe on the lathe? It was bloody....
ouw...that hurts just to think about it!
I have long hair - whats left of it, I always tuck it inside the back of my shirt before doing any work
lathes are not to be trifiled with - goggles, if not face shields are also apropriate

LabPong

ouw...that hurts just to think about it!
I have long hair - whats left of it, I always tuck it inside the back of my shirt before doing any work
lathes are not to be trifiled with - goggles, if not face shields are also apropriate

Daniel are you still making the dynavap CCD tool? I have a few older friends that were interested in them after seeing mine.

LabPong,
Reactions: Xclerk
Top Bottom