ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I never understood why anyone would use a flame on it if it still had ISO on it......I mean you would have to use it just after cleaning it. I just thought it was common sense to rinse it off well and then dry it before use.
Sorry to reply?
I smoked paper joint’s for decades?

The “M” is really decent!

Maybe I’m delusional?
However it’s real for my need’s!

I rinse mined with RO water after cleaning.
It work’s for me?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
AFAIK The Cap should never be soaked in any material because the mechanism of the clicking can be ruined. The other parts can be soaked and then you can just wash/leave the alcohol (91%+) to evaporate.
Okay, I'll bite. How exactly can a VC be ruined with ISO? Not that I disagree, just curious as to your means to failure. What can fail the mechanism?

Stonedbadger

Here's my new Zombie induction heater from Timberhead!

20200110-152649.jpg
[/url]

stark1

Lonesome Planet
DynaVap's warning about the use of ISO is pretty much the same as that yellow sticker that warns not to drive with your head sticking out of your sunroof. The lawyers insist on it...

“Send lawyers, guns and money”!

—& a hunny of a VapCap, too.

(I am hiding out in dRumpt tower.
Send, lawyers, guns and money.)

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
Thanks to everyone for explaining the benefits of larger sized devices. I'm "upgrading" soon and getting ideas.

RE: Isopropyl alcohol

OK, I'm not being cheap (I don't think). But, why would anyone waste cannabis by "cleaning" it off?

It's not dirt! Stop wiping it off and throwing it away. That's concentrated cannabinoids that are already decarboxylated. Translation: it's good shit.

What did you put in or on your VapCap besides fresh herb? You didn't combust, didn't drop it in dog crap, didn't use the device to stir your soup, you didn't do one bowl of cheese. What exactly are you removing from the device other than what you specifically tried very hard to get INTO YOUR BODY. Now, it's trash?

It's just my opinion and I'm not saying anyone is doing anything WRONG, I just think it takes about the same amount of time energy and effort to do a decent iso wipe, soak, rinse, dry as it does other non-chemically based processes.

However, at the end of a iso cleaning you only have a clean VapCap and nothing else. After cleaning wirh fatty liquids you have a clean device AND a cup of infused beverage.

RE cap cleaning:

I understand there may be a need for specific situations - a dynacoil may get it funky up inside, keif might get up under, or you accidentally submerged the device.

However, with my limited experience, I see zero need for cap cleaning - ever. It just doesn't need to be cleaned (yet, by me).

If one day it requires cleaning I imagine an iso soaked qtip would be more effective than soaking.

Also, of note... I notice if the cap does get a little ugly after several alcohol lamp sessions, simply wiping the device (with the cap on) on a shirltail and then using a torch for the a few sessions seems to improve the look.

Does anyone else notice that a cap that looks less that perfect can oftentimes be restored to a beautiful patina by simply using it? Or is that just me?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks to everyone for explaining the benefits of larger sized devices. I'm "upgrading" soon and getting ideas.

RE: Isopropyl alcohol

OK, I'm not being cheap (I don't think). But, why would anyone waste cannabis by "cleaning" it off?

It's not dirt! Stop wiping it off and throwing it away. That's concentrated cannabinoids that are already decarboxylated. Translation: it's good shit.

What did you put in or on your VapCap besides fresh herb? You didn't combust, didn't drop it in dog crap, didn't use the device to stir your soup, you didn't do one bowl of cheese. What exactly are you removing from the device other than what you specifically tried very hard to get INTO YOUR BODY. Now, it's trash?

It's just my opinion and I'm not saying anyone is doing anything WRONG, I just think it takes about the same amount of time energy and effort to do a decent iso wipe, soak, rinse, dry as it does other non-chemically based processes.

However, at the end of a iso cleaning you only have a clean VapCap and nothing else. After cleaning wirh fatty liquids you have a clean device AND a cup of infused beverage.

RE cap cleaning:

I understand there may be a need for specific situations - a dynacoil may get it funky up inside, keif might get up under, or you accidentally submerged the device.

However, with my limited experience, I see zero need for cap cleaning - ever. It just doesn't need to be cleaned (yet, by me).

If one day it requires cleaning I imagine an iso soaked qtip would be more effective than soaking.

Also, of note... I notice if the cap does get a little ugly after several alcohol lamp sessions, simply wiping the device (with the cap on) on a shirltail and then using a torch for the a few sessions seems to improve the look.

Does anyone else notice that a cap that looks less that perfect can oftentimes be restored to a beautiful patina by simply using it? Or is that just me?
I need a new cap?
Does VCAP sell them?
I never clean?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

I'm sure this idea is not new to most of us – esp. the condenser collects quite a bit of reclaimable goodness when not being cleaned for a while and it's true, it's not dirt, but no one says so. Some of us (myself included) are not into concentrates or the like, so we don't go through the hassle of harvesting it.

The cap indeed hardly needs to be cleaned. But sometimes it does, so it's good to share good practices.

grogazola

Squeeze the cap between the digger-outer and opposite side to the level you think it needs to tighten up and then give it a little extra oomph.

I saw that George had it in a really happy medium where he could shake it off but it stays on otherwise. I’m trying to loosen it now haha.

It’s annoying when you want to empty an M cap (without the dynastash) Definitely won’t be my last dynavap so I’ll look into purchasing a dynastash soon.

How tight do you like your caps??

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I clean with a small jar of everclear, that takes on a nice amber hue after a while. Then can add that alcohol into tea or coffee for a nice cuppa.

I LOOOVE stem cleaning my way to a Niiiice cup of Irish Coffee!

I usually use vodka or Jim beam.
Haven't had/access to Good old EverClear, now, in years.

+100 :tup: for Stem cleaning to make reclaim-based goodies!

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :cheers:

Jeeshy

after a few weeks of dynavapping I held my condenser in some tweezers and lightly heated it over a silicon mat and after a few seconds reclaim began to just pour out, I threw the mat into the fridge to make the oil solid and tossed it into some parchment paper to enjoy in edibles later. Seems like a easy way to enjoy reclaim with no purging of ISO

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@stark1 Is that a didgeridoo I see in your avatar? In honor of all people fighting/dealing with the fires in Australia? Or something else entirely?

I think we need to start a thread to collect and comment on all of your avatars.
They so often describe the current mood out there - not to mention sometimes they just make me laugh.

Mr. Me2

@stark1 Is that a didgeridoo I see in your avatar? In honor of all people fighting/dealing with the fires in Australia? Or something else entirely?

I think we need to start a thread to collect and comment on all of your avatars.
They so often describe the current mood out there - not to mention sometimes they just make me laugh.
And I thought it was a giant Dynavap.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have plenty of Everclear for the grinder. Also good reclaim.
I went through so many grinder’s!
Back in the daze’s (1970) sizzor's were all we had?
Phone’s were like brick’s!
Now there smaller!

ZIG ZAG no SEED’s in our FLOWER TOP’S.
Hippieish mainlander’s criticism was prevalent. (We grew without seed’s in HAWAII)
“M” to replace paper joint’s?
Great Idea?
1970’s was primitive & savage!

Top Bottom