Alexis

Hm – I'm always looking for the second click and consider the first one a „pre-click”. The first click is also much quieter than the second one.
IME there is substantial variation potential between different caps, regarding time to click, heat level at click point, and exactly how the cap clicks.

Some will double click very close together, i.e. in quick succession, so there is no second clip but more of a double click each time.

Others, a faint half-hearted first ckick is then followed almost immediately by a bigger "pop".

But the strangest thing about this cap variability is how one of my caps, it hits much harder, takes like 60 seconds to cool down ckick often, and always two or three times as long as my other cap.

I can keep drawing for ages, mega long hits I have to stop eventually. And then I still can wait for the cool down click long after I have fully exhaled my hit.

I need to be less aggressive with the torch using this heavier hitting cap where as with the other one I need to be deliberately aggressive with the torch to get sufficient and satisfactory extraction but there is hardly any chance of overheating a load.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
But the strangest thing about this cap variability is how one of my caps, it hits much harder, takes like 60 seconds to cool down ckick often, and always two or three times as long as my other cap.

Wow, that sounds like quite some variation – I have three caps running and while they behave a little different (actually even the individual caps seem to have their moods...) I still am able to use them the same. I also should say that I am hearing impaired, so I am not the most reliable source when it comes to the question whether it has clicked or not. :-)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'm mostly going on feel. Often I have headphones on so hearing the click is unreliable. With the IH on battery power, I put the VC in the glass and spin it around much like the torch maneuvers. Seems more reliable to feel the clicks than to miss a click due to some errand noise around you.

My '18M clicks twice in close succession on heat-up but about 30 seconds apart on cooling. I draw to the first cooling click.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Just counted the collection...31 caps across the three platforms...Ti, SS and OG glass. My experience confirms the WIDE variation in behavior. And I still maintain that the other variables affect your results...torch, your weed grind and moisture, your pull and carb technique, on and on we go. The remarkable thing here is the real genius behind a DV...no two experiences are the same, amongst us in our own usage. Yet the results remain almost uniformly successful. Sure, I'm a professed fanboy, but that's against the backdrop of multiple Vapwoods, RBT's, E-Nanos, UD's, Woodscents and a few others.

If you sentenced me to a desert island, I'd take my VC's and as much music as possible. And please let me have good beer. And whiskey...and...and...

Alexis

I'm mostly going on feel. Often I have headphones on so hearing the click is unreliable. With the IH on battery power, I put the VC in the glass and spin it around much like the torch maneuvers. Seems more reliable to feel the clicks than to miss a click due to some errand noise around you.

My '18M clicks twice in close succession on heat-up but about 30 seconds apart on cooling. I draw to the first cooling click.
This is another point here- my harder hitting cap, clicks more aggressively. I can feel it more, see the cap pop up even.

So it would be much easier to use this with loud music on without getting caught out.

@TheThriftDrifter yes mate, the Peppermint essential oil is an absolute godsend and vital lifeline to me managing my insane respiratory symptoms.

I honestly couldn't live without it I begin each day usually with a mucus clearing routine which involves a very thorough deep lung clearing using the Peppermint essential oil and steam inhalation.

Nothing in the world that I know of will bring about more relief and clearing of the lung congestion than this peppermint oil and this particular technique.

It is a true no pain no gain procedure whereby the more congested you are the more you will suffer in the process whether that is in the lungs or the sinuses and the head it hurts as that mental forces up mucus so rapidly, from deep deep down.

But it's completely harness in that the pain is entirely down to the level of congestion and the forced expellation, and it always and will only ever feel better afterwards.

I employ many other routines and methods Around the Clock to stay on top of the allergy symptoms but the peppermint really is indispensable as is the Steam inhalation method.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You know you have a problem when you stumble across Dynavap stuff that you don’t remember buying...

Problem? I don't see how this is a problem. It sounds much more like a reward from being a good vaporist and heading the call of one's VAS faithfully.

depends which lighter you got. with aomai it will never happen, probably
AHH.. and depends how much bowls have you had.....

Don't get me wrong, I have several of those Aomai's...but I find it easier to accidentally combust with a single flame like that (because you can focus the heat on the higher temps more easily). That's why I normally reccomand a three flame, like the cyclone to a new Dynavap user, and then that they graduate to a single flame once they've mastered the three-flame torch.

warren0728

I love my Caldron and use it a lot. But there's something to be said for a great lighter-a lighter that works for the way YOU use the vapcap.

The lighter I got is 'my' Aomia-I tried to like those but they were too small and dainty for me-I understand why they're perfect for you. I love having a tight single flame to point at the vapcap, and every lighter/torch has its own sound-some more pleasing than others. I love the Zoocura's sound, feel and look-so I totally get where you're coming from. It brings us a bit closer and more involved with the experience.

And there is something about painting the cap with a torch that's a bit romantic, artistic, and builds anticipation for the click.
my zoocura arrived today and i agree with you ... feels good in the hand and i like the flame it produces and the general overall look! worked great on my dynavaps! won't replace my ih but will be a nice change of pace occasionally

i think i'll try it with my sticky brick junior later

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
my zoocura arrived today and i agree with you ... feels good in the hand and i like the flame it produces and the general overall look! worked great on my dynavaps! won't replace my ih but will be a nice change of pace occasionally

i think i'll try it with my sticky brick junior later

I still dig mine, but agree it doesn’t replace an IH. But it sure came in handy when I wanted to sneak out to a parking lot for a pre-concert cap. And while not as quiet as the Aomia it’s quieter than my other 3 flame torches by a lot.

joner

I have to say, of my collection, which garners multiple >$300 vapes, the one I use the utmost most, is my $60 2018 M.

I have just come to the realization that this device, time after time, provides the most efficiency from my herb: I have a Ti tip on my M with the bowl reduced to its smallest size. I pack it very lightly, but full, and get 2-3 full bodied, flavorful, full-lunged rips (the second or third sometimes a little toasty tasting), that I feel, even with my strong tolerance. This truly is just a pinch of herb; the only other that can compare is E-Nano, which I also have and love (which I find with this amount of herb produces one nice tasty, full-spectrum feeling cloud - compared to 2-3 clouds with the M).

Other vapes are cool, and I'm glad I have all my vapes, and will continue to use each one on certain occasions, but if I could only have one vape for all my life it would be: Dynavap M, or any sort of VapCap setup.

GoldenBud

I have to say, of my collection, which garners multiple >$300 vapes, the one I use the utmost most, is my $60 2018 M.

I have just come to the realization that this device, time after time, provides the most efficiency from my herb: I have a Ti tip on my M with the bowl reduced to its smallest size. I pack it very lightly, but full, and get 2-3 full bodied, flavorful, full-lunged rips (the second or third sometimes a little toasty tasting), that I feel, even with my strong tolerance. This truly is just a pinch of herb; the only other that can compare is E-Nano, which I also have and love (which I find with this amount of herb produces one nice tasty, full-spectrum feeling cloud - compared to 2-3 clouds with the M).

Other vapes are cool, and I'm glad I have all my vapes, and will continue to use each one on certain occasions, but if I could only have one vape for all my life it would be: Dynavap M, or any sort of VapCap setup.
Enjoyed reading this. Which lighter do you use?

joner

Enjoyed reading this. Which lighter do you use?

I've been using this one lately:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0793JWH4K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty good, really nice compact size, the flame seems big, reliable, although I've only had it for ~ a month (the blazer dual zippo insert that I had would have crapped out by now). The upper part of the handle gets hot on the inside after prolonged use. It also doubles as a normal lighter. These last two points disappointed me with regards to Lotus use (the button slips into normal flame mode when inverted to heat the Lotus cap), but that's not relevant here.

In short: it's been great for the Dynavap so far!

I also use a Bernzomatic St-2200 sometimes as I have it around the house for my Lotus. I had to replace it under warranty after a month or two due to the safety wearing causing it to not fire, but I've been a little careful with the second one and is still mint, going on 6-8 months. I think I would choose differently in this model class when I have to in the future.

Used crappy ones not worth mentioning before those 3.

Sensory Leaf

I've been using this one lately:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0793JWH4K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty good, really nice compact size, the flame seems big, reliable, although I've only had it for ~ a month (the blazer dual zippo insert that I had would have crapped out by now). The upper part of the handle gets hot on the inside after prolonged use. It also doubles as a normal lighter. These last two points disappointed me with regards to Lotus use (the button slips into normal flame mode when inverted to heat the Lotus cap), but that's not relevant here.

In short: it's been great for the Dynavap so far!

I also use a Bernzomatic St-2200 sometimes as I have it around the house for my Lotus. I had to replace it under warranty after a month or two due to the safety wearing causing it to not fire, but I've been a little careful with the second one and is still mint, going on 6-8 months. I think I would choose differently in this model class when I have to in the future.

Used crappy ones not worth mentioning before those 3.

I have this exact lighter, I enjoy it more with my SB, and a more narrow or focused flame for my dynavaps, but i came to tell you; tighten the screw on the "switch" that selects regular flame/jet flame... Iv tightened mine to the point, it won't move

joner

I have this exact lighter, I enjoy it more with my SB, and a more narrow or focused flame for my dynavaps, but i came to tell you; tighten the screw on the "switch" that selects regular flame/jet flame... Iv tightened mine to the point, it won't move

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a go! It can be a little annoying even when you're used to it..

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

I know right, what this tiny piece of steel can do, buzzes me out and when all the stars align it blows my socks off.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
About to vape a capful or two of...

Banana Strawberry, DeadHead, Lemon (Kush) and (Jager) Purple Hindu Kush! :cool: :tup: :brow:

Made from grinding a nug of each together and coming out with a "Blend of Bliss!"
:nod: :clap: :rockon:

If you don't hear from me later....
I might have ACTUALLY ascended or something!
:rofl:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Ramahs a triple torch was my go to and the one I'd recommend.
More powerful but also more forgiving.

I've never had any caps cherry hotspot using one unlike in some videos of single torch use I've seen.

Induction exclusive these days.

Honey consistency extract on rayon.

joner

I don't want to come off as argumentative, but I feel like I should get my opinion on the board here, you know, for others. They could vary unit to unit, but I find the flame on this lighter to be quite narrow/focused. I find it to be a longer, narrower flame that is almost pointy. I alike it to my Bernzo, although I think this Honest can provide a longer, more pointed flame.

Wow I just said long and narrow a bunch. It may not be long, but it sure is narrow!

DykeWymn

Since my birthday was recently passed and I didn't get what I wanted, I pulled the trigger and ordered last Thursday night and have waited patiently for the arrival today of my 2019 M and I couldn't be happier :) I finally, after 11 years of bliss with my SSV, yet yearning for the same big clouds of vapor out of the house when enjoying outdoors, I have found the answer with the DynaVap. Now I don't have to take my extra SSV on the road for camping with a dedicated extension cord, I can just pack my DV and perhaps an extra can of gas for the lighter. I am so very happy I went ahead and took the plunge! Thanks George and countless others for creating an amazing device. I can guess where all my extra pennies are gonna go.... do I dare say Simrell?

Sensory Leaf

I don't want to come off as argumentative, but I feel like I should get my opinion on the board here, you know, for others. They could vary unit to unit, but I find the flame on this lighter to be quite narrow/focused. I find it to be a longer, narrower flame that is almost pointy. I alike it to my Bernzo, although I think this Honest can provide a longer, more pointed flame.

Wow I just said long and narrow a bunch. It may not be long, but it sure is narrow!

Interesting... My unit, regardless of the "setting" I have on the gas valve, is more of a "blow torch" flame, then a "pencil" pointed flame.

Top Bottom