muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Im not saying the above are facts, and I don't have any experience with marketing. This is only how the low temp cap comes across to me. :rockon:

These have been beta-tested for months...

JPEG_20190719_191346.jpg

The process for making them is not the same as the regular caps.

Socks And Sandals

Yep, that is correct. Also, regarding your question about oring sizes: for the Omni, they are all the same size. Some of them look larger due to where they are placed, but they're all the same. It's the "Hi temp oring kit" that comes with a pack of 5 small grey ones. Of course, if you're replacing all of the orings on your Omni, then you will need more than one pack. Another tip: make sure you are using some kind of lubricant on your orings! I did not do this at first, and mine got trashed pretty quick, and the mp/condensor assembly jammed up on me and I could no longer adjust the airflow...really sucked. That's why it is especially important to lubricate on the Omni as compared to the M. I tried using chapstick last time, as recommended by others, but it doesn't do the job as well as the dynawax. It's a shame that stuff is so expensive, but oh man it is awesome. Saliva can work in a pinch but it's not the preferred method.

I am intrigued by the low temp cap, and really would like one, I just can't see spending $25 right now... I have to buy more wax and orings damnit.

Thank you so much for the confirmation and the explanation on the o rings as well. It's what I kinda thought, I'm just surprised it didn't come in a 7 pack. They are so cheap though it really doesn't matter! At first I was reluctant to use the wax on the o rings, but after hearing your story, I appreciate the heads up!

Yeah I noticed that new low temp cap as well!

Okay, if the condenser and mouthpiece are a single unit, they may be screwed together too tightly to allow the air-adjust twist to have any effect.

Pull the mouthpiece out. If the thing in your hands looks like the Omni condenser on the DynaVap parts page, tube and mouthpiece in one, you’re golden.

Here’s what to do next: grip the mouthpiece end with the fingers of one hand, and the tube where it’s closest to the mouthpiece end, with the other hand.

Holding the tube part still, twist the mouthpiece counterclockwise - as seen from the mouthpiece. It may take a little effort, but those *are* two pieces, and they *do* come apart. They have to be able to move relative to each other for the air-control twist to have any effect. No tools of any kind should be required for this.

My previous post assumed that we had the pieces separated in the stem. Sorry to confuse further.

If this doesn’t clear any of it up, say so; again, hope this helps...this is pretty much THE reason I argue when people talk about Omni=BEST - it’s *different*, different learning curve from the basic design. It’s not better than, it’s a variation on a theme. Getting in tune with the theme before getting in with the variations is smart and easy. Omni was my first, I still grab it. It’s its own beast - as is the M. Love them both, use them for what they are.

@voyciz : excellent point about lubricating the o-rings. Not to worry, @Socks And Sandals - o-rings are cheap, easy to get, and come in colors. Make yourself happy. The link got freshly reposted, so look back a page or 3, “oringsandmore.com”, IIRC.

Dynawax is fine stuff and works great...but so does nose grease (or below-the-ear/behind-the-earlobe, same stuff, same factory). Not a joke, works fine, cheapest possible, no shipping lag. Could maybe make do with a silicone-safe lubricant of another kind, but that’s not for me to say.

So far, I have had to replace ONE o-ring out all of them (for that matter, my screens are all original equipment. Stuff is fabulously engineered.

one last point: The Omni is wide open when the two pieces of the condenser are screwed closed (shortest possible length). Don’t mean to complicate, just don’t want to accidentally say yes to the wrong thing.

I apologise about the confusion it was on my part not yours, yes the mouthpiece and condenser are definitely two separate pieces.

Yes you cleared things up completely and thank you! Sorry being so negative. I was just upset at the lack of clarity in the instructions.

Now last night, my Z lighter crapped out on me and have been using my blazer torch which I hate to do because it sets off the damn smoke detectors in the house when I'm burning off that carbon from the quartz nails. So far so good though, I was just wondering if you guys think larger torches can really discolor the caps?

Once i get the lighter issue sorted, I'll pop in the dyna coil and give that a try with some Raw Garden Live culture.. and... I also have to try this through my 14mm piece with the fat mouthpiece! After using the Evo since 15 exclusively, since selling my Plenty, I forgot just how good and tasty dry vapor can be. I love the Omni! Only thing left to do now is find a perfect lighter and perfect the heating method.

Thanks man

mucsusn

60 going on 20
These have been beta-tested for months...

JPEG_20190719_191346.jpg

The process for making them is not the same as the regular caps.
Your pic reminded me to break out one of my OG's. I still have six left...maybe I'll outlive them, maybe not. In any case, they are the fucking bomb for flavor. My two new Rosium M's are due on on Monday, along with, apparently, a few low temp caps. Can't wait to try them out, and I'm going to start with the OG stems to see if they terp flavors are better. Psyched to try it!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
No longer does PP only turn carbless stems.
The feedback from this group is in and it's as expected, they work and work well.

IMG-20191005-192105.jpg

20191009-233423.jpg

IMG-20191023-220302.jpg

Some niggles but no deal breakers and as ever the idea has my head spinning.
Hopefully for the future there may be an all Ti version available of the adjuster.

Jaded and Mentalmen I bring you the Phattpiggie Adjustable AirFlow.
Less faff with the PHAAF:lol:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Thank you @StringTheorista

I mentioned adjustability to George before the first Omni appeared.

This is the way I saw it back then, George already had the needle valve design in the works.

Using the same science they both allow the user to preset the amount of pressure drop behind the screen for their preferred draw resistance.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
The feedback from this group is in and it's as expected, they work and work well.

IMG-20191005-192105.jpg

20191009-233423.jpg

IMG-20191023-220302.jpg

Hopefully for the future there may be an all Ti version available of the adjuster.

EXCELLENT work @phattpiggie!
Phenomenal idea and extremely well executed!

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

thejackalsmark

@phattpiggie, this design is much more intuitive (as evidenced by the regular questions here about how the Omni design works). A user can just see the airport changing size, and that makes the function obvious.

100% agreed! I love the idea and being able to SEE the size difference of airflow as you mentioned.

Happy Vaping!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

IMG-20191005-192105.jpg

20191009-233423.jpg

IMG-20191023-220302.jpg

Now, that’s innovation and taking a step forward.
Finally someone doing something new, and not just new colors and repetitive, copying each other’s glass stems.
Way to go at @phattpiggie
I have enough of VapCap, but PP is so tempting.
Good luck in your new improvement.
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

CDN_VAShole

I like stuff
God damn. I hate thieves. Had my truck broken into yesterday and they got away with 4 vapcaps. Wouldnt have been so bad if they got my 18Ms but to have gotten my 19m and colored Ms is a real kick in the nuts.

Hopefully they figure out what they have and quit combusting the meth they wanted to buy with the change and car chargers they also got. Fml.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Haha @StringTheorista. I will concede that the stems breaking point probably falls well below heavy equipment. But, thank you for your confidence.

@phattpiggie like the consummate attention to detail that defines all your work, your adjustable airflow mechanism is elegantly simple and beautifully executed. I'm expecting a Zebrano Twist Stem by Wednesday. Cant wait!

@Futo_Derek bummer about your rig. Unfortunately, I think the value of your Vapcaps will be lost on the tweakers or kids that stole them. I got my ski pack stolen once full of crampons, ice axe and shovel. Totally worthless to the person that stole it.

Gigsabits53

God damn. I hate thieves. Had my truck broken into yesterday and they got away with 4 vapcaps. Wouldnt have been so bad if they got my 18Ms but to have gotten my 19m and colored Ms is a real kick in the nuts.

Hopefully they figure out what they have and quit combusting the meth they wanted to buy with the change and car chargers they also got. Fml.
Sorry to hear that. It really does suck that there are some people that feel the need to take from others.

thejackalsmark

My condolences, man. THAT sucks.

Nothing I can say will make that any better, but if it's any consolation, The same karma that will inevitably visit them, will bring better things back to you.

Keep your head up, Derek, and
Persevere.

Eventually.... It DOES come back.

Happy Vaping!

CDN_VAShole

I like stuff
Thanks everybody. I know Karma will serve its justice to those punks and ive done some good things for others lately so I know it'll come back to me!
Sorry to hear that. It really does suck that there are some people that feel the need to take from others.

My condolences, man. THAT sucks.

Nothing I can say will make that any better, but if it's any consolation, The same karma that will inevitably visit them, will bring better things back to you.

Keep your head up, Derek, and
Persevere.

Eventually.... It DOES come back.

Happy Vaping!

caliganja420

IMG-20191005-192105.jpg

20191009-233423.jpg

IMG-20191023-220302.jpg

No words can describe how elegant that adjustable port is, nicely done PP. Wish I could get my hands on one

Planck

believes in Dog
Thank you @StringTheorista

I mentioned adjustability to George before the first Omni appeared.

This is the way I saw it back then, George already had the needle valve design in the works.

Using the same science they both allow the user to preset the amount of pressure drop behind the screen for their preferred draw resistance.

How is the ring position fixed after the adjustment is made?
This type of ring valve is common on e-cig atomizers, generally clamped between threaded atty body parts.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@StringTheorista funnily enough that's exactly what @Padriano said. No guess work due to the visual indicator.
We've discussed ways to improve this.

@thejackalsmark, @david8613, @Zangano Cruel, @RogueGuy and @Rollingstoned thank you I had to make sure the first round of pictures didn't give the game away.

@Planck these rings are from the ecig world.
The inner piece is slightly off round so as you turn it the slip ring bites.
They come with an O ring which adds friction into the equation but they don't seal completely.
The off round means enough friction to set and forget along with the ability to fully close the airport.

The stem needs a bit of extra maintenance and a regular clean so I'm hoping to get pieces made specifically for these which will help.

Last edited:

voyciz

Dang brotha, sorry to hear that! I am usually paranoid myself and if I'm driving around with my omni I'll usually stick it in my pocket just in case of things like that. I feel like a weirdo doing it - like "who in the world is gonna steal my vapcap? they won't even know what it is...". But shit I guess it does happen. You have backups I hope?

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Lets see how the LTC performs before we decide whether it is a legit upgrade or just re-branding. I have my suspicions that it will be an upgrade.

In the interest of shilling, I dropped my 2mmXL on the concrete garage floor this morning and........nothing. So I did a little test and shot a video. This is after about 20 drops. I will break this stem :bang:

2MMXL-3.jpg

how do you expect to sell back ups if your products wont break!!

I guess if someone gets high enough they could still lose the stem. I can lose something by just turning my head away for a moment, and puff! its gone! I usually find it again cuz its right under my nose. I have a white mouthpiece on my 2mmxl, so it stands out abit Once I wire some leds to it, lll be set!

Top Bottom