SquanchKava

I turned a THC friend on to Dynavaps tonight. Using the torch and the Portside Mini. She said that hit me so fast and I would save so much herb with how little you need to go there. It is fun to watch a new person try it out.

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

I turned a THC friend on to Dynavaps tonight. Using the torch and the Portside Mini. She said that hit me fast and I would save so much herb with how little you need to go there. It is fun to watch a new person try it out.
nqrsl3eb8qn11.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Ahhh...The Spiral King would approve!!! :razz:

R.I.P. Vapcap Acquisition Syndrome

Shiiiiitt.....Good luck with that.

images.jpg

The Finster Sín by ACC
D73-FEF48-F3-FF-4-CF7-81-CF-966112897-A9-C.jpg

6679-AEC5-16-DF-41-FB-8-AB5-DE494-E7402-F1.jpg

Disagree, I think the dynacoil is a real innovation. It’s deceptively simple. Better than stainless steel pads, IMHO, and just works beautifully. That said, not everyone uses concentrates, so maybe feels less like a big innovation than other things.

Beautiful, my friend! :love:

Hi, no, obviously don't inhale while I'm heating it up!
I use a windproof lighter, it's a cheap lighter and the gas is an ordinary gas for lighters. Nothing special.

What kind of gas, as that could very well be your problem. In fact that's usually the problem Also, an inferior torch that doesn't properly mix the right amounts of air and gas could contribute to the gas not being fully burned up. I only know of a couple placed in my town that sell cans of sufficiently filtered butane that I would use in my torches.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

I turned a THC friend on to Dynavaps tonight. Using the torch and the Portside Mini. She said that hit me so fast and I would save so much herb with how little you need to go there. It is fun to watch a new person try it out.
Lol, everyone I've showed mine to either thinks it's whack or they're not impressed by it at all. Which I am just fine with. It's like a motorcycle owner not having to deal with friends asking to drive his motorcycle :D

Ramahs

Lol, everyone I've showed mine to either thinks it's whack or they're not impressed by it at all. Which I am just fine with. It's like a motorcycle owner not having to deal with friends asking to drive his motorcycle :D

I'm happy to report that I've turned at least 5 friends onto vaporizing with a Dynavap product. All of whom have ordered one for themselves (I know because they all messaged me, asking about discount codes when they were placing their order).

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY

YayVap

I'm going to clean my M today. It's not clogged or anything but oil seeped out of the mouthpiece into the green case when I left it in my hot car. Lol I guess id better clean it. I'm going to follow my instructions but it's so sticky the inner piece won't come out I'll probably just soak it out in alcohol. Another case where alcohol should help with inner peace.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

This mirrors my experience with one exception. The very first person I showed the dynavap dove in headfirst and it's all she vapes with now. She's also very into weed.

Most of my local THC friends have a more casual relationship with weed and most prefer vape pens/carts or if they vape flower prefer desktops or regulated devices more than the vapcap.

I think, based on my experience, that vapcaps appeal more to the folks who are really into cannabis, and either smoked joints or used a one-hitter. That's certainly how I got here and how I got my one friend interested. And it hits in a similar way to those two methods for me as well.

I know this. If I was investing in the cannabis vaporizer market all my money would go into concentrates, carts, pens. That's where the real growth is. Flower will always be a part of the cannabis market, but it's going to shrink a lot over the next decade.

Plutonic

Inspired by @seki's innovative idea to transform the VC into a pure convection device by putting the flower in the end of a glass stem, I tried the same thing with @mistvaporizer's new 75mm beaded stem (which I think can hold more flower than the Hula stem @seki used). I tried unsuccessfully to trim a screen to fit into the stem until I found that a Dynavap Ti screen fits perfectly. I can get one really good, flavorful hit from heating low on a Ti tip for a couple of seconds past the click, suggesting that @seki's method of heating a SS tip containing a Dynacoil for several seconds past the click would/will be so much better!

Now I'm wondering if Dynavap could develop a "pure convection" product line by creating 1) a tip that maximizes metal mass, heat retention, and heat transfer via more air path turbulence; 2) a cap that clicks at a higher temp (or do away with the cap altogether by incorporating a clicky bimetal strip into the tip); and 3) a glass stem with a slight flare at the top to hold the flower (not unlike how you can pack the end of a Splinter stem). In other words, adopting the Elev8r style of locating the heat sink right above where you put the flower. But the obvious innovation over the Elev8r would be having a click give temperature feedback, plus a Dynavap version would have a smaller capacity, meaning a quicker heatup than the 30+ seconds the Elev8r takes.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
People ARE noticing the angled airport on the new VonG right?

I'm not trying to shit on anyone, but people are tripping over themselves to buy another Vapcap stem with an angled airport because *tornadoemoji* IT CYCLONES BROOOO.

This new VonG does pretty much the same thing and also doesn't cost what a week or 2 of meds would cost.

I don't get all the negativity but I know everyone thinks their opinion is super important and needs to be heard by the world. It's very possible that *GASP* dynavap is working on multiple products at once.

What's the saying about not showing your hand?

I don't think it's wrong they are trying to appeal to a bigger market by utilizing these teasers, either. But hey what do I know

Baron23

So, I love Dyna, George, my VCs and I have been an owner since the only model was the glass OG (and I still have a few of them!). I currently run two Ti tips, one on a beautiful @phattpiggie stem and another on a DDave wand. I now have a Lucid IH that has put my vapcaps further up on the position depth charts! haha

With that said, while I have no beef with them releasing a new piece of frakin wood as a VonG, neither is it anything to excite me.

I did contact DV recently and inquire as to the status and plans of THEIR IH. I got back a pablum reply that pretty much said nothing.

@VapCap - George, if you still have time to read this forum, I want to strongly encourage you to move forward briskly and strongly with your own IH. Now, I'm not a MJ vape device marketing expert, but I would hazard that a non-open flame solution will attract way more new customers than a VonG, new stem designs, etc. Particularly for the fastest growing segment of the market...older MMJ patients many of whom view open flame type devices negatively.

I have Lucid mini. It works. Its ok. But just like the other IH vendors, its a part time job and a home craft business. A solid IH, with professional design engineering, with stable company support, and maybe even UL cert, nicely packaged, and order-able though a website (versus sending PMs through a vape forum) would, IMO, do wonders for VC sales.

Its the missing piece of your ecosystem to my mind.

Ok, off the soap box now. haha I've said my piece (and probably more! LOL)

Cheers

Ramahs

Now I'm wondering if Dynavap could develop a "pure convection" product line by creating 1) a tip that maximizes metal mass, heat retention, and heat transfer via more air path turbulence; 2) a cap that clicks at a higher temp (or do away with the cap altogether by incorporating a clicky bimetal strip into the tip); and 3) a glass stem with a slight flare at the top to hold the flower (not unlike how you can pack the end of a Splinter stem). In other words, adopting the Elev8r style of locating the heat sink right above where you put the flower. But the obvious innovation over the Elev8r would be having a click give temperature feedback, plus a Dynavap version would have a smaller capacity, meaning a quicker heatup than the 30+ seconds the Elev8r takes.

It basically sounds like you are looking for a Lotus (minus the click because no need for one on a Lotus)

Plutonic

It basically sounds like you are looking for a Lotus (minus the click because no need for one on a Lotus)

Interesting idea @Ramahs, thank you! When I checked out the Lotus some time ago I worried that some of their materials would off-gas when heated, but now I can't remember what exactly concerned me. I'll check it out again.

Ramahs

Last edited:
Top Bottom