thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Does that Scepter work with or without a condenser and air port?

I just want to know where the hell my glass cooling beads go, and will the mouthpiece on that "Dyna-Scepter" fit a 14 or 18 mm Glass piece? :D

And did you notice that epic reclaim? That glass stem looks like solid gold!

Stem milking THAT sucker is going to be a couch lock week! :)

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
There goes the myth. Thermal conductivity K of glass is 1.05.

Perhaps that’s why VapCap went from glass (K=1), shatters easily
=>wood (K=0.12), splits easily=> Ti (K=20), costly=>SS (K=14) cost effective.

An evolutionary history in VapVap hosts.

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Thanks to @RogueGuy , @StringTheorista and all of the rave reviews im digging the new setup. I like to keep my vape collection streamline with each vaporizer having its own purpose. Because of that I never really customized my 2018 M (used it for speedy extractions and portability) but I now see why this thread is 1775 pages, dont get me wrong I loved it before but different technique (single flame) and towards the click gave great results. I like my vapor in low doses (otherwise I cough), I think thats one reason why I loved the arizer solo (temp stepping). Heating near the click on the cap and using the cooling stem/beads produced great flavor and a perfect hit.

20190703-133558.jpg

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Found myself unexpectedly in hospital on my birthday this year so of course, to lift my spirits, I did some impulse inter-shopping and yet I believe the rash decision was absolutely the right thing to do. On a whim, I reached out to @Andy Capp on IG just to see what was what and next thing I know, a no condenser/no airport Finster XL is being crafted especially for little old me. Dude just charmed me with his fair prices and no BS business sensibility, I’ll admit it. I’m so bloody stoked for this bad boy to be created because from the moment AC unveiled his premiere offerings, I knew I needed this beauty. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!

Now the dilemma:
I ask you, dear sisters & brothers, does every VC stem/body in one’s collection deserve its own tip/cap so that if a stem is added, one must acquire more tips & caps or is that a silly notion since one cannot possibly use more than one VC at a time and one should be satisfied with the 6-7 tips/caps one has acquired? I hope you can all see how serious this matter is and respond accordingly.

Not trying to stress anyone out over this problem but I need your answer soon!
What would you do?
This thing has a clock on it folks, I need it before the big freedom sale expires!
Thank you for your time and careful consideration.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@pxl_jockey Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap! Every stem needs a tip. Every tip needs a cap!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Found myself unexpectedly in hospital on my birthday this year so of course, to lift my spirits, I did some impulse inter-shopping and yet I believe the rash decision was absolutely the right thing to do. On a whim, I reached out to @Andy Capp on IG just to see what was what and next thing I know, a no condenser/no airport Finster XL is being crafted especially for little old me. Dude just charmed me with his fair prices and no BS business sensibility, I’ll admit it. I’m so bloody stoked for this bad boy to be created because from the moment AC unveiled his premiere offerings, I knew I needed this beauty. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!

Now the dilemma:
I ask you, dear sisters & brothers, does every VC stem/body in one’s collection deserve its own tip/cap so that if a stem is added, one must acquire more tips & caps or is that a silly notion since one cannot possibly use more than one VC at a time and one should be satisfied with the 6-7 tips/caps one has acquired? I hope you can all see how serious this matter is and respond accordingly.

Not trying to stress anyone out over this problem but I need your answer soon!
What would you do?
This thing has a clock on it folks, I need it before the big freedom sale expires!
Thank you for your time and careful consideration.
I feel the decision "stems" from the following criteria

1- how many vapes do you need up and resdy each day
2- do you vape in more than one location
3- do you have xtra hitemp o rings and x rings
4- do you have both ss and ti tips do you like to use both
5- do you like to have a pristine cap when you get a new stem
6- are you the type that cares about how many fins, and what sort of grooves

Cant answer except for myself I only use 2 DV a total ti set up and a total ss set up
When my TRWW glass stem comes in, will use it has a "nice change"

I know... strange that a stem maker does not indulge in many stems

I dont have VAS for myself but rather a VAMS vapcap accessary making syndrome, for others

Squiby

does every VC stem/body in one’s collection deserve its own tip/cap so that if a stem is added, one must acquire more tips & caps or is that a silly notion since one cannot possibly use more than one VC at a time and one should be satisfied with the 6-7 tips/caps one has acquired? I hope you can all see how serious this matter is and respond accordingly.
This is the quandary that has vexed VapCap stoners since time immortal, or at least since 2015.

I started out thinking that this modular vape is great, you can switch it up with extra parts to get a unique Vapcap without investing in a whole new Vapcap. But then I thought it would be nice to have a couple complete Vapcaps and the insanity began. The extra condenser would call out and plead to become a complete VapCap just as Pinocchio longed to become a real boy. The purchase of parts inevitably resulted in some stray part begging to be built and madness ensued. Every stem needed a tip and cap.

As time wore on and my collection grew, I came to realise that only the Vapcaps in current use really only need a complete build. Afterall, come cleaning day, they will all be dismantled anyway. So now I keep complete Vapcaps all over the house and use them until cleaning day when they will once more be dismantled and reassembled differently than before.

If a stem is in a drawer, silently waiting to be chosen for use in rotation, does it need a tip? A cap? No.

If a VapCap is in use does it need a dedicated tip and cap? Yes!

Can you have too many tips? No

ohmygodimsohigh

If any of you follow 420vapezone on IG, Troy has a stream up showing Simrell's new vortex stem in action. Appears that it's the next step in the evolution of the vc. It'll be up for the next 6 hours if you want to catch it. It starts about 14 min. in.

And he just published his youtube review on it:

Thanks Summer!
For anyone interested, I've also posted a written review with some additional pictures and comparisons.
https://420vapezone.com/simrell-vortex-stem-dynavap/

I know my statements of performance are 'out there' on this piece. The changes in vapor and vapor cooling are subtle, but the combination of the setup and vapor path and whatever cooling effects happening... it all works really well.

I F'n LOVE the omni adjustable airport and I really wish the Vortex had the same (or even just a much smaller airport, similar to how I keep my Omni setup)
But in a reach test, I grab the vortex.

I think the biggest differentiator with the Vortex is the width of the the vapor path/condenser. Standard condenser is 4.2mm internal diameter through the entire vape.
The Vortex condenser only pushes through 2/3 of the vape and its internal diameter is 5mm.

Even without vapor, airport open or closed. With tip, without tip...
Inhaling regular air through the Vortex feels smoother and easier than my other stems and setups.
It's not that it's "cooler", but the airpath makes it feel better.

I realize this is all "feel" and is completely subjective...
I'll loan my Vortex and intercooler out to anyone wanting to give it a try.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I currently have 8 M’s (2 17’s, 2 18’s, 2Shadows and 2 sandblasted). They stay assembled and ready to go out. I have around 6 OG’s and a few extra bods. Now we get serious. 16 Ti tips and about 30 stems from DV, @phattpiggie and @Ed's TnT . The whole kit lives in an old oriental jewelry case in my man-cave. I keep 2 or 3 packed and ready for out and about. The rest await a nice rotation of combinations. DV’s are always with me in my shoulder bag. 2 loaded, a single and triple torch and a doob tube with ground flower are standard fare. Heading to rehearsal in a while, and the kit is loaded.

At home nowadays, it’s mostly on-demand convection from my great gear from @RastaBuddhaTao @Bravesst and @Alan .

Happy 4th to all of you, far and wide:cheers:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks Summer!
For anyone interested, I've also posted a written review with some additional pictures and comparisons.
https://420vapezone.com/simrell-vortex-stem-dynavap/

I know my statements of performance are 'out there' on this piece. The changes in vapor and vapor cooling are subtle, but the combination of the setup and vapor path and whatever cooling effects happening... it all works really well.

I F'n LOVE the omni adjustable airport and I really wish the Vortex had the same (or even just a much smaller airport, similar to how I keep my Omni setup)
But in a reach test, I grab the vortex.

I think the biggest differentiator with the Vortex is the width of the the vapor path/condenser. Standard condenser is 4.2mm internal diameter through the entire vape.
The Vortex condenser only pushes through 2/3 of the vape and its internal diameter is 5mm.

Even without vapor, airport open or closed. With tip, without tip...
Inhaling regular air through the Vortex feels smoother and easier than my other stems and setups.
It's not that it's "cooler", but the airpath makes it feel better.

I realize this is all "feel" and is completely subjective...
I'll loan my Vortex and intercooler out to anyone wanting to give it a try.
thanks for posting your review

yes, feelings are subjective...that doesnt invalidate the experience

I am certain that differeing bore dianeters and variant flow paths lead to a differing experience. I tried a couple of weeks ago, a 8mm bore, no carb, no airport...the experience, indeed the mental image while drawing vapor, was different from my DV

my geekidom is impressed with the DV design It is also big enough to be impressed with the vortex design

Re your offer to send the vortex out on loan...kudos to you hopefully some will take you up on it

me, wont spend that kind of coin unless I hit a lottery Would be pleased to receive a good cross section drawing on the design, just for curiousity and geekiness sake.. promise not to copy the design

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Now the dilemma:
Personally I have 6 or 7 (or 8) complete VapCaps and a couple extra tips and caps and condensers waiting for the next stem I must have. I am actually hoping that @stardustsailor shows back up because I still don't have one of his and really would like one, tho that would be my first condenserless VC other than @DDave s wands.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
IMG-6649.jpg

got some goodies from TRWW @RogueGuy

the glass stem is well recognized here, but I wanted to give a shoutout regarding his magnetic tools.

The DV cap digger is great when you are on the go
the TRRW tools are an upgrade for Station use.

the magnet will pull and hold a hot cap while cleaning out the tip. Also, a member recently heralded a techique of pulling the cap while drawing vapor. I think he called it steamroller. When I read that I thought of making a tool to do that...as it turns out, Dave already has.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
subtle

you know what brothers and sisters I may be way outa line I may piss of thethriftdrifter I may piss off George

apologies

but if someone wants an IH there are more than one option out there allready. I have a Portside mini. Dynavap Live seldom goes down without someone asking about the DV IH It like a dog that wont let go a bone! Conversly, its like djt who is stuck with a wall he shouldnt have got into, and now cant get rid of it.

What Dynavap does is their call...but my 2cents is that "battery free" is what got them the universe. The flame is whats in their heart and soul. Its the spark that led to all this creativity we all now enjoy. They obviously have had a hard time with this IH thing...I say Hey, take a hint; this is not in keeping with your path ...be true to your vision and save your electricity for anodizing TI.

sorry again for any offence but it pains me to see them with this albatross hanging around their neck
The dog, the bone, Donny...everyone might just be happier and healthie to just let this go

George can tell me to shut the Frack up...or he can make me king for a day and Ill set him free lol

danielj

Flame on

Gigsabits53

subtle

you know what brothers and sisters I may be way outa line I may piss of thethriftdrifter I may piss off George

apologies

but if someone wants an IH there are more than one option out there allready. I have a Portside mini. Dynavap Live seldom goes down without someone asking about the DV IH It like a dog that wont let go a bone! Conversly, its like djt who is stuck with a wall he shouldnt have got into, and now cant get rid of it.

What Dynavap does is their call...but my 2cents is that "battery free" is what got them the universe. The flame is whats in their heart and soul. Its the spark that led to all this creativity we all now enjoy. They obviously have had a hard time with this IH thing...I say Hey, take a hint; this is not in keeping with your path ...be true to your vision and save your electricity for anodizing TI.

sorry again for any offence but it pains me to see them with this albatross hanging around their neck
The dog, the bone, Donny...everyone might just be happier and healthie to just let this go

George can tell me to shut the Frack up...or he can make me king for a day and Ill set him free lol

danielj

Flame on
I agree with you on the IH. DV is electricity free so I feel like they should just keep doing that. On the other hand, I dont have an issue with them developing one. It's George's business and I figure he knows way more than I do about the path of the company.

I do have a nice IH from Pipes that I rarely use. I found out I like the torch better in most cases. It is nice to have around when I dont feel like refilling the torch, or if I run out of butane. Just my :2c:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
IMG-6649.jpg

got some goodies from TRWW @RogueGuy

the glass stem is well recognized here, but I wanted to give a shoutout regarding his magnetic tools.

The DV cap digger is great when you are on the go
the TRRW tools are an upgrade for Station use.

the magnet will pull and hold a hot cap while cleaning out the tip. Also, a member recently heralded a techique of pulling the cap while drawing vapor. I think he called it steamroller. When I read that I thought of making a tool to do that...as it turns out, Dave already has.

Nice review! I'm still loving my TRWW glass stem, my wife and I are taking turns with it right now. It's become our go-to piece.

I still haven't felt the need to add the glass cooling balls. The vapor seems nice and cool on it's own.

@ElPic, the thermal conductivity K, of SS is about 14K, so, no cigar; however if a spiral
Strip of silver is used instead, you should notice a difference.

Thermal conductivity of silver is ~ 400K.

The low heat conductivity of Ti ( ~20K ) makes it a suitable host as VC stems,
as well as Stainless Steel, with its low conductivity. :spliff:

Perhaps the “intercooler” may be a pipe dream?

( Glass has a K of 1.05 :| Diamonds are a girl’s/guy’s best friend, with a K of 1000. )

So glass has low thermal conductivity? So the glass balls don't actually absorb much heat? Is it more of a surface area situation that gives the perception of cooler vapor with the balls? Smaller interior volume so higher air pressure change as the vapor moves faster? Any science folks want to explain this?

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@danielj no worries at all.

My post was a little tongue in cheek, i could not resist.

I must also add, FC is such a cool community.

thanks man for that It wasnt you that set me off Ive been stewing since last thursday Its been brewing for awhile before that

We now return you to your reg. scheduled programing
yes sir @Stu moving on to the next page

happy birthday

Top Bottom