cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hi Guys,

Is the shadow M a limited edition?
Given that the green omni parts have already shown up in the parts section of the website and the blackened Shadow parts have not, I would suggest that so far at least the Shadow is a limited edition product. That may change, but it also may not, so if you are dead set on one (its very cool) I would jump while you know you can get one.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
They should, at least, make the black cap a regular item.... It would look great on so many different setups.

Id buy a couple for sure.

And i have spent quite a bit on magnets... So many different sizes, strengths, etc... Many broke, chipped, got lost etc...

But this right here is one of my favorite vapcap accessories... I hang it from my neck on 550 cord while hiking, kayaking or fishing etc.. Very VERY strong, great size, and plenty durable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BY7VTC3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_1TYgCbJBQNW4

Summer

Long Island, NY
It's not that bad is it??

Wow, I'm impressed. A fellow member who isn't a professional stem maker makes a terrific looking stem. From what I can see, it really does look professionally crafted. You should be proud of yourself. I can work with basic tools (more so than the average woman because I grew up in the garage handing & fetching tools for my Dad, and I truly regret not having taken the time in my life to work with them more - so I wouldn't be so awkward & ill-at-ease handling them. You know how they say measure twice, cut once? Well I'm so awkward that I measure 10x & when I start to cut, I'm still not confident, & am just hoping for a good outcome. :doh: Many a piece of wood & cutting blades have been ruined by me & a jig saw. :rolleyes: - oh, & drill bits, too. {sigh} I'm envious of people who can work with tools comfortably. And I would have like to have expanded the base of tools for which I have hands-on experience, like a drill press for instance.

but doesn't a carbless stem/wong, make the omni mechanism

If you're using a vc through water you want a completely sealed carb. You already have increased draw resistance because of the added water volume - so you certainly don't want to create more draw resistance by adding air into the mix &, thereby, thinning out the vapor -- whereby, you have to draw even harder & longer to get that full hit.

Last edited:

Campos

I don’t even use my Omni condensers at a set spot, wide open and I play the carb like Bobby plays the harmonica.

@Campos is that maple?
You're right, without carb hole, the Omni is pointless. But I didn't want to drill a hole just yet. Will try with water device once I get the chance, but without the condenser. Always fun to experiment. Cheers guys for your comments.
I don't know what kind of wood, its a round piece I took from a child's seat, but it's hard to drill.

Thank you very much @Summer for your encouragement, but honestly I believe most of us could cut a piece of already round wood and make a hole in it. Then just get a knife and some wood files and shape it. Believe me it is easier than it looks.

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
So I have been looking on o-rings and more for the grey viton o-rings, but I only see brown in the metric sizes. While o-ring color isn’t a huge deal, are the grey ones on there and I’m not seeing them? Or are the grey ones listed as imperial sizes, in which case how does one easily convert from metric o-rings to imperial?

And i have spent quite a bit on magnets... So many different sizes, strengths, etc... Many broke, chipped, got lost etc...

But this right here is one of my favorite vapcap accessories... I hang it from my neck on 550 cord while hiking, kayaking or fishing etc.. Very VERY strong, great size, and plenty durable.

Also ordering one immediately. Thanks for sharing!

My first attempt of vapcap body from scratch. Perfect for the Omni assembly. No carb hole. 45mm length. 10mm drill hole. It's not that bad is it??
Edited: drill Number 8.
Looks great! On my list to do is try to make my own vapcap body or stem. Going to be awhile realistically before I get the chance. I can relate with @Summer , I typically measure 10x and then still worry something is off or won’t fit.

Last edited:

Campos

Well, in view of all your compliments, some spare time and some bits of wood left...ohh my stash has grown mushrooms!!!

Taking apart the mouthpiece from the condenser of the Omni assembly... the smallest vapcap setting??

It is not perfect, but it does the job for me...I'm dying to try them out with a water piece.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

I love magnets and have several powerful ones, and I have always been fascinated by magnets and electromagnetism and find some of it almost magical. However I need to mention this and then I will leave it alone.
Given how much electrical activity is crucial to the activity of the human body, its nerves and muscles and signals between organs and the brain, I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of hanging a strong magnet around ones neck for long periods of time. It may be over concern and it may not. But having had a nickname of "Mother" among a crowd of friends early on I find it appropriate to bring this up for whatever it is worth.
That is all...

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I love magnets and have several powerful ones, and I have always been fascinated by magnets and electromagnetism and find some of it almost magical. However I need to mention this and then I will leave it alone.
Given how much electrical activity is crucial to the activity of the human body, its nerves and muscles and signals between organs and the brain, I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of hanging a strong magnet around ones neck for long periods of time. It may be over concern and it may not. But having had a nickname of "Mother" among a crowd of friends early on I find it appropriate to bring this up for whatever it is worth.
That is all...

Any noteworthy research you can link?

Loads of companies, including the hospital my wife works at, uses strong neo magnets on their name tags... That go RIGHT BY THEIR HEART..... So if there is any evidence this is bad id really like to know.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
That is all...

Any noteworthy research you can link?

Loads of companies, including the hospital my wife works at, uses strong neo magnets on their name tags... That go RIGHT BY THEIR HEART..... So if there is any evidence this is bad id really like to know.

To say nothing of 1.5-3 Tesla (and up!) MRI scans for sometimes hours at a time...

I would also be interested to know about any research showing adverse effects. I love magnets, but never considered they could be harmful aside from things like magnetically controlled internal electronic devices, metal fragments in sensitive tissue in danger of being disturbed, etc.

Chandler

Quick question. Just found some hash. It'll crumble, but not melt. I don't have organic cottom/hemp fiber.. Because it doesn't melt am I good to try it by itself without ground herbs... I can make a sandwich but I want to try the hash on its own.

Squiby

Quick question. Just found some hash. It'll crumble, but not melt. I don't have organic cottom/hemp fiber.. Because it doesn't melt am I good to try it by itself without ground herbs... I can make a sandwich but I want to try the hash on its own.
I have traditional hash; a pliable Afghan hash and a rock hard Moroccan hash. Both vape wonderfully in the Vapcap without any added herbs or fiber.

I don't crumble mine because I don't want any tiny particles to make their way to the air path. Instead I try to fashion it into a slim pancake for maximum surface exposure.

I pull off a tiny chunk of the soft Afghan hash and press it into a pancake, then pop it into the chamber and heat past the click by a couple seconds. With the rock hard Moroccan hash, I shave a thin slice off with a razor blade.

No need to sandwich with herb or fiber. When no more vapor is produced the spent hash is easily tipped out of the chamber.

Enjoy!

Sativapo

If you're using a vc through water you want a completely sealed carb. You already have increased draw resistance because of the added water volume - so you certainly don't want to create more draw resistance by adding air into the mix &, thereby, thinning out the vapor -- whereby, you have to draw even harder & longer to get that full hit.
I agree with that but that's why you don't need an omni condenser but just the regular one.
It will work very well but if you don't have hemp or cotton get prepered for some heavy cleaning. But it can get you through the evening scratching gunk out a bit with the cap.
@Squilby : hmm... I will try this razor thing.

Last edited:

Chandler

I pull off a tiny chunk of the soft Afghan hash and press it into a pancake, then pop it into the chamber and heat past the click by a couple seconds. With the rock hard Moroccan hash, I shave a thin slice off with a razor blade.

No need to sandwich with herb or fiber. When no more vapor is produced the spent hash is easily tipped out of the chamber.

Thanks :D I'm about yo try.. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how it will react... Testing

Won't it move around in there? Guess that doesn't matter?

Chandler,
Top Bottom