-dab8-

Dyna-saur
It says in his post. A $50 GC to delta3d.

Just something I found in my shop. A small tube. I used a nail head to press it.

I like the idea of a hole in the middle. If I could make these a doughnut instead of a 'tab'. I'll bet it would be even better.

I made a batch of these and I'll take them tonight to see how they work out.

I dropped one of these in my Fury2 chamber and I like it much better than the dosing caps. It doesn't restrict the draw like a dosing cap.

Now that I know this works so well, I would love more details. Really want to replicate this.

Now that I know this works so well, I would love more details. Really want to replicate this.

It's not very glamorous. LOL For this test I just used what I had laying around. The tube is a downstem for an old bong. I just loaded the tube up with finely ground pot and gave it a little tap with my arbor press. Not much. A vice or clamp might do fine. Even hand pressing it might work if you have nice, young, strong hands. LOL

This tiny tube fit a third gram very easily. You could probably press a gram in a tube this size and then cut it to dose. Here are a couple pics.

2dtvsjd.jpg

awcfgx.jpg

e8sw8l.jpg

2qbvoyt.jpg

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
It's not very glamorous. LOL For this test I just used what I had laying around. The tube is a downstem for an old bong. I just loaded the tube up with finely ground pot and gave it a little tap with my arbor press. Not much. A vice or clamp might do fine. Even hand pressing it might work if you have nice, young, strong hands. LOL

This tiny tube fit a third gram very easily. You could probably press a gram in a tube this size and then cut it to dose. Here are a couple pics.

2dtvsjd.jpg

awcfgx.jpg

e8sw8l.jpg

2qbvoyt.jpg
Such an awesome idea. Going to have to see if I can find a similar at the hardware store.

Krazy

I like the little bubbler in your first link at eBay. But...can you guys vouch for the fact that glass this tiny can actually ‘cool’ down the vapor from harsh flower? :)

:leaf:
The mini hammer does make a noticeable difference. 7"s or so added distance and filtering through a shot glass worth of water. In my experience the addition of 6 arms makes it about 1/2 again as effective as the single, maybe even a tad more.

It's <20$ investment and looks way cool. If it doesn't work for you rehome it. The DHgate/Ebay ones actually look nicer than the GravLabs ones that run $37 shipping NOT included so as a gift is is a heavy weight.

PapaEmeritusCDXX

Microtonal Banana
The mini hammer does make a noticeable difference. 7"s or so added distance and filtering through a shot glass worth of water. In my experience the addition of 6 arms makes it about 1/2 again as effective as the single, maybe even a tad more.

It's <20$ investment and looks way cool. If it doesn't work for you rehome it. The DHgate/Ebay ones actually look nicer than the GravLabs ones that run $37 shipping NOT included so as a gift is is a heavy weight.

Good. I ordered the mini hammer. As long as high temp hits don't make my chest burn for 30 mins afterwards, it's a success enough for me.

I can fit it inside my nintendo switch case most likely too.

Has anyone here ever visited the Dynavap factory? I am curious how they make them. Are they spun on a lathe like Phatpiggie does or is it all CNC machines?

I spent a lot of time on the factory floor over my career and manufacturing has always been an interest. Just curious if anyone has seen the process. I remember back in the 50's and 60's manufacturers often made videos of their factories to show off to consumers. Even as a child I was fascinated by manufacturing.

We are always on the other side with custom stems and after market add-ons. We have never even seen our baby's birthplace. LOL

Just curious.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If you’r like me, and want to avoid the pelting rain from Floda, to Nova Scotia, forgo the hardware trip, and instead tool around the Haus. :hmm:

A spring loaded one hitter, and a small wooden dowel will do a nicely packed plug— to 15mm.

oh7pyv.jpg

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@stark1 it seems like a high risk for combustion when you pack those like that. What's your experience with actually using them? I have some boro glass tubes I could cut down to size and I have a tamping tool that would fit. It just seems like you're making rosin with flower, and I'd never just drop a chunk of rosin in without first breaking it up.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Has anyone here ever visited the Dynavap factory? I am curious how they make them. Are they spun on a lathe like Phatpiggie does or is it all CNC machines?

I spent a lot of time on the factory floor over my career and manufacturing has always been an interest. Just curious if anyone has seen the process. I remember back in the 50's and 60's manufacturers often made videos of their factories to show off to consumers. Even as a child I was fascinated by manufacturing.

We are always on the other side with custom stems and after market add-ons. We have never even seen our baby's birthplace. LOL

Just curious.
They use a CNC mill.
Some design aspects of the Dynavap devices are very difficult or even impossible to be made with a lathe alone .

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sorry, Stringfellow, I just barely woke up, been waiting for my police chief’s daughter hausmate
to go
To work before vaping up....

More for the “convenience” of popping a plug in, then loosening it up before vaping.

A poke in the middle might ease the laminar flow, giving a lower Reynolds number.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
If you’r like me, and want to avoid the pelting rain from Floda, to Nova Scotia, forgo the hardware trip, and instead tool around the Haus. :hmm:

A spring loaded one hitter, and a small wooden dowel will do a nicely packed plug— to 15mm.

oh7pyv.jpg
Not familiar with the spring loaded one hitter. If that will turn out a decent plug for the vapcap I’ll definitely have to grab one.

MinnBobber

........................................................................................
Like @stardustsailor said, CNC machined.
I visited the factory and it was very interesting. Saw the set where George does his "thing" -- video productions.
It was very interesting as my dad was a machinist.
George had some bags of Ti scrap--thin thin strips from the machining. Picked one up expecting it would have some weight to it and it was almost weightless LOL

Top Bottom