stark1

Lonesome Planet
“Voulez vous boirez café avec moi.”

Translation, how about a donut?

2vdhaoj.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I just received my bare-bones IH from @Pipes, and I couldn't resist trying it out naked.

And yuppers...now I get it. I was dippin 'n sippin without worryin 'bout clickin' from the second heat cycle on with no problems! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Now I need to find a "shell" to build this into...then hurry up and order another one from Pipes! :rofl:

FullSizeRender%20copy.jpg

JamesTiberiousKirk

:bowdown:

On a related note, a friend to whom I showed my new vapcap aptly compared it to playing and learning an instrument (I think he was trying to regulate through the carb). Needless to say, I loved that analogy :) I'm sure this is also true for other manual/butane/unregulated vapes.

This is crazy.. but hear me out.

What about a long stem with 4 carbholes. You would need all your fingers to close them, but when you reached your desired state, you could remove the cap, expunge the ABV, and play it like a penny whistle?

drzen

A question about reclaim/cleaning. Is it common to find a bit on the outside of the condenser tube? I use a 2018 M, and noticed tiny flecks around the condenser O ring.

Also, for those of you who do a fairly fine grind, do you make do without a hemp/cotton filter? I don't use the usual flower, I use a botanical mix with hash crumbled in quite fine. The past week I stopped using the hemp (believing it's trapping some of the good stuff or hampering draw), and the end of the condenser near the tip had a fair bit of fine matter stuck to the reclaim. I don't seem to get any in my lungs, but I find a bong-style direct pull into the lungs irritates more than a joint style mouth-lung pull.

MinnBobber

.....Also, for those of you who do a fairly fine grind, do you make do without a hemp/cotton filter? I don't use the usual flower, I use a botanical mix with hash crumbled in quite fine. The past week I stopped using the hemp (believing it's trapping some of the good stuff or hampering draw), and the end of the condenser near the tip had a fair bit of fine matter stuck to the reclaim.......
.............................................................................................
IMO, a fine grind without a filter is a very bad combination. The fine particles are going to easily get sucked upstream into the condenser/ O-rings etc and possibly into you :(

Two important pieces regarding the filter:
1. a THIN DISK is best. Weave it slim and wide as that gives minimal extra resistance. That keeps the rest of the VC 10 times cleaner. So a proper filter should not hamper draw beyond minimal change.
2. Regarding trapping some of the good stuff ( along with catching a whole shitload of ABV dust): A minimal filter shouldn't trap much of the good stuff AND what happens to the trapped good stuff you ask?? Why you get to harvest it when you vape the filter when change is due :) Easy to do b4 you toss the filter.

You may want to experiment a little more with filters.

drzen

.............................................................................................
IMO, a fine grind without a filter is a very bad combination. The fine particles are going to easily get sucked upstream into the condenser/ O-rings etc and possibly into you :(

Two important pieces regarding the filter:
1. a THIN DISK is best. Weave it slim and wide as that gives minimal extra resistance. That keeps the rest of the VC 10 times cleaner. So a proper filter should not hamper draw beyond minimal change.
2. Regarding trapping some of the good stuff ( along with catching a whole shitload of ABV dust): A minimal filter shouldn't trap much of the good stuff AND what happens to the trapped good stuff you ask?? Why you get to harvest it when you vape the filter when change is due :) Easy to do b4 you toss the filter.

You may want to experiment a little more with filters.

Appreciate the great advice!

Prophecy

A question about reclaim/cleaning. Is it common to find a bit on the outside of the condenser tube? I use a 2018 M, and noticed tiny flecks around the condenser O ring.

Also, for those of you who do a fairly fine grind, do you make do without a hemp/cotton filter? I don't use the usual flower, I use a botanical mix with hash crumbled in quite fine. The past week I stopped using the hemp (believing it's trapping some of the good stuff or hampering draw), and the end of the condenser near the tip had a fair bit of fine matter stuck to the reclaim. I don't seem to get any in my lungs, but I find a bong-style direct pull into the lungs irritates more than a joint style mouth-lung pull.

I use a 300 steel mesh screen I punch them out with a 8mm leather punch hole from a bigger piece of mesh and put it over my CCD, no more particles in the condenser ;) and the reclaim is very pure like light brown/amber color.

So my gen6 Ti tip will arrive today can not wait to test it out and compare it to the gen 5 ;)

Prophecy

Thanks for the tip, I have just ordered a sheet of 300, I already had a 5/16" punch(about 8.4mm) and punched out some other mesh I had and it is a nice interference fit.

Another small tip, I recommend to empty the vapcap while it is still hot then the mesh stays clean longer I change it once a week on the cleaning day but can also be used longer.

hopla

I just received my bare-bones IH from @Pipes, and I couldn't resist trying it out naked.

And yuppers...now I get it. I was dippin 'n sippin without worryin 'bout clickin' from the second heat cycle on with no problems! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Now I need to find a "shell" to build this into...then hurry up and order another one from Pipes! :rofl:

FullSizeRender%20copy.jpg
Nice!
it looks so tiny, i bought a kit found on a youtube video (i didn't thought about @Pipes' barebone option, it will be bigger...
)
Does anybody know where i could find a piece of glass like the one @Pipes insert in the heating coil?

Prophecy

Did my 6gen TI tip just unpacked and I noticed something on the neck of the tip that is not so in my gen 5 but here are the pictures.

looks this normal can anyone confirm that? The grooves are only on the first 5mm the rest is smooth.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Prophecy looked at one of my tips, it had similar machining marks.

Unless you are OCD, or the tip is impaired functionally, you should be good to go. :2c: You could, if you want, smooth out the bore with fine grit sandpaper, or a Dremel bit....

When coupled, it won’t show. :spliff:

Last edited:

hopla

Thank you very much!
:tup:
It's something special this FC forum: you go browsing the internet looking for a small glass tube and after 5 minutes of empty-handed search you say 'let's have a look at FC, maybe there's a good samaritan...'
and there's even better than that: a link to your quest!
:cool:

Last edited:

Squiby

Top Bottom