Skunkport

From Dynavaper's post in the BestOf:-

Animation-Vaporisateur-GIF-2.gif

If you're heating at the bottom of the cap, that's giving you the highest temp, especially building it up slowly with a single flame torch. The closer to the cap you heat, the lower temp and more hits you'll get.

caliganja420

From Dynavaper's post in the BestOf:-

Animation-Vaporisateur-GIF-2.gif

If you're heating at the bottom of the cap, that's giving you the highest temp, especially building it up slowly with a single flame torch. The closer to the cap you heat, the lower temp and more hits you'll get.

That Gif is very helpful, thanks
I Have been reading that your not supposed to heat close to the tip?
So should i just heat the middle of the cap?

Skunkport

Yup, that's what I did with a single torch and it worked pretty well. I got a triple torch a couple days ago though and I still aim that at the middle, but now it clicks in 4-5 seconds - first hit is tasty but wispy, then it's clouds.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I am getting rather harsh hits, and abv is realy dark brown
I am using a single flame torch, heating at the bottom of the cap, and spinning it the whole time
Also, how many hits per bowl, i have noticed about 3 but if i go for more it really chars the weed
Any good tips for heating would be appreciated

That gif is one of many heating tips in the Best Of thread I linked. Have you read the heating tip there? You can also check out DV's youtube videos. I strictly use an induction heater so I'm out when it comes to using a lighter. With the IH, I get 2 or 3 heating cycles per full bowl.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@paehtod, mine doesn't increase in length when I unscrew the mp. After I unscrew the mp, I have to push the mp assembly flush into the stem. Yet, when I tighten it clockwise the condenser will retract into the stem. I finally got this assembly as replacement (during the 4/20 sale) to the original one where the threader part would repeatedly slip off the condenser. The mp & threading on this new one doesn't screw super-smoothly, probably do to the milling.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just received;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dental-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
s-l64.jpg

I have only put 5 bowls through it so far but it works great, seems a little more consistent than my erratic spinning.
I asked the seller to make sure he sent a 220v model for me in Oz and he said he would and that they included an adapter for Oz (Eu/UK use 220v but different plugs to me) so if in USA ask for 110v (the seller probably knows but why not be safe and make sure you get the correct model first time):myday:

You received yours yet Hackerman?

paehtod

@paehtod, mine doesn't increase in length when I unscrew the mp. After I unscrew the mp, I have to push the mp assembly flush into the stem. Yet, when I tighten it clockwise the condenser will retract into the stem. I finally got this assembly as replacement (during the 4/20 sale) to the original one where the threader part would repeatedly slip off the condenser. The mp & threading on this new one doesn't screw super-smoothly, probably do to the milling.
Hi @Summer , I did applied some dynawax to the orings and threads on the Omni condenser, it really help to smooth the action of adjusting the condenser.

An old hippy fucked with my head once and told me how hash was made. Take a hairy individual who has not had a bath in a week and have him run naked through fields of plants for a few hours, then scrape the residue from his body. :puke:
Are you guys talking about this guy?:brow:
BEDzMUN.jpg

Photo from ig-@hightimesmagazine

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I just received;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dental-Lab-SJK-Wax-Heater-Infrared-Electronic-Sensor-Carving-Equipment-130W-NEW/222815109775?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
s-l64.jpg

I have only put 5 bowls through it so far but it works great, seems a little more consistent than my erratic spinning.
I asked the seller to make sure he sent a 220v model for me in Oz and he said he would and that they included an adapter for Oz (Eu/UK use 220v but different plugs to me) so if in USA ask for 110v (the seller probably knows but why not be safe and make sure you get the correct model first time):myday:

You received yours yet Hackerman?

Have you been able to determine if the heat source is infra-red, or indeed inductive.

If inductive, you got a great deal. If it works, you got a good deal.

Getting one of these (out of curiousity). :ko:

2jan2w5.jpg

Last edited:

Ricardo

So what I did was remove the condenser & insert just the mp into the stem.

You did that to an OmniVap? I did it to an M and felt ..... I dunno, rebellious maybe.... but to do that with the top-o-the-range Omni? I'm sure you tried every possible configuration but it takes a brave woman to remove the adjustable condenser from an OmniVap!! Does George know you did that?

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
You did that to an OmniVap? I did it to an M and felt ..... I dunno, rebellious maybe.... but to do that with the top-o-the-range Omni? I'm sure you tried every possible configuration but it takes a brave woman to remove the adjustable condenser from an OmniVap!! Does George know you did that?

Sacrilegious, I know. :o I did it to both the omni & the M17. I find them both too airflow restrictive for my liking so this is a feasible workaround. I've mentioned it before so I'm sure George knows.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Have you been able to determine if the heat source is infra-red, or indeed inductive
Definitely induction, the infra red is just for the auto switch on. The unit just sits there with a green LED glowing when you switch it on, stick the vapcap into the 30mm wide x 30mm deep hole and the LED turns red and a fan starts, 9 seconds later on a stone cold loaded vapcap will be the first click, 10.5 seconds to the second click, remove and enjoy. The induction heaters LED turns back to green and then the fan turns off after about 30 seconds, rinse and repeat although the first click will now only take 5 seconds then the second click at 6 seconds. What amazes me is that I can stick my finger in the hole straight after heating and it is not even warm...electrickery again. :myday:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Electrical bananna. :tup:

A quick question. If you put something non-metallic, like a Q tip, any action? (Forgot you
Did say you poke your finger in the hole)

Reason I like my Fury, don’t have to accidentally start a forest fire in the wild.

Last edited:

Skunkport

I'm totally baffled how an infra-red sensor is telling what's metallic, in fact what's ferrous even if titanium isn't setting it off.
I'm too high and try and work it out right now too, so unless you have an answer I'm calling Witchcraft. Please burn it and call a priest immediately.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
nfra-red sensor
That is the chinglish description of how it automatically starts, it says Energy efficient operation due to advanced electronic sensor, blah blah, I am with you... electrickery black majic, but fuck I am getting messed up with it, so quick between hits, not looking for lighter, getting in position etc. and the hole you stick your vapcap in amplifies the click, easier than trying to hear it over a 3 flame jet lighter for sure.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Can you go a couple of seconds after the click?
I just tried it, just for you, you sure can, just the same as a lighter, very close to combusting, stinky just the same as a lighter, so would be great for your trichrome sandwiches. It is very easy to duplicate results over and over as the 2 clicks are over a second apart so very controllable after the click. I am still playing with penetration depths into the IH all in the name of science.:science:

Top Bottom