little maggie

I'm sure this is posted somewhere in this thread but I can't seem to find it. What is the effect difference between the turbulated condenser vs the regular one?

little maggie,
Reactions: HomeFree

hweezi

formally cwheezy
That's funny, I do the same technique, except when I'm using the nano instead.

And my attempt at what @natural farmer suggests. No condenser so can just use the carb instead of removing from mouth to clear the mouth and go again. Seems to work well! Still don't like the draw, will have to try the sand paper trick at some stage, anyone know which grit would be the best for this?

I really think if you're holding the carb, really at all, you're impeding the function of the vap.

I'd say the goal is to torch low & draw slow, kinda like taking a drag from a cigarette. The carb supplys a pressure drop (I hope i'm using that right) when drawing that basically sucks all that vapor from the tip. I'd say feathering only provides a second for the cooling from your draw to stop, and produce more vapor from the retained heat of the tip. I wouldn't say this is too much of a convection vape now. I've been using my MFLB for the past week now (I got no O-rings :( ) , the draw is very similar to this, and I appreciate that thing a lot more after using the vapcap.

Also, another tip to reduce the resistance is to not completely shut your lips on the mouthpiece. Allow some air to come in from the side of your mouth as you draw, just a little though. Just like another carb hole.

hweezi,
Reactions: Bizkat

Tommy10

I see the carb as a compromise between a dense draw, and draw restriction (although that balance is done beautifully in the vapcap) If enough air could enter under the cap and through the bowl there would be no need for a carb in my mind.
Also if you have some silicone whip I found snipping a little bit off the end works as a an o-ring for the condenser tube.

horst

horsed
Just got my VapCap, but only have a bic lighter. Will the SS cap be ruined / charred black or is it easy to wipe off clean?

No problem, I also heat my VC with a regular flame. As long as you don't let the flame touch the cap visibly you're fine, no charring happens. And even when you touch by accident for a moment nothing is lost, you can simply wipe it off.

VapCap

Manufacturer
I am processing more orders tonight. I still can hardly believe how many orders are coming in. So thank you for helping me get the word our and helping rid the world of smoking!

Spent some time in the studio today with video Ben.
I have some new videos. Let me know what you think and please post these on reddit or anywhere it might be helpful to others so they can better understand the VapCap.

VapCap video

Ti Woody

OmniVap changing clothes

OmniVap adjustment

VapCap cleaning

I hope these videos help everyone understand what these little units look like and how they function.

Cheers,

George

horst

horsed
Introducing the VapCaPen:

DJcJArr.jpg

Afraid of travelling with a vaporizer? Tired of waiting in an endless queue to recieve an oversized pen vape to finally feel safe while travelling? Wait no longer, the VapCaPen is there! Just throw it in your pencil case, with it's 5.2 inches it will vanish between your regular pens and not attract a second look. The ballpen refill lasts a few signatures, just don't use it to write a letter home.

But there is even more, the pen part also acts as a storage for up to two additional loads.
4vEypYT.jpg

While at destination remove pen insert and stored herb to use as a mouthpiece.
hQ3SsRV.jpg

And last but not least, while the VapCaPen is empty it acts as a perfect dog whistle! Or a referee whistle... ok it's just a really annoying high pitch whistle.
Just make sure to remove the cap before you blow! :tup:

Now available at your favorite stationary store for a lucky price!
(from 1$ to 1000$, depending on your luck to find parts that fit!)

greetings
horst

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Can one of you VapCap owners who use oils in the Vapcap explain how you do it? I've never used oils so bear with me on lack of terminology that goes with dabbing, I have questions since I might get some oil and I own a VC.

I heard of cotton and hemp fiber mentioned,ss mesh, what do I do with it though?

I used this little coiled donut. Slightly warmed it picks up plenty of oil.
ofRC9xzm.jpg

@horst that looks great. You would be hard pushed to know what it was at first glance.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Not bad at all @horst, that's pretty damn convincing :ninja:

@VapCap, is this design likely to see release?:
O76t14I.jpg
o
Or do you feel that it's not a design you'll be pursuing?

If a wood mouthpiece/condenser (or Ti or SS) combo were available in that shape to retro fit to the standard length woody I would definitely buy one.

Or the whole vape in SS?

The full Ti OV is just a little more than I feel I can afford.
(Of course that limit might be subject to change once I have actually experienced the splendor of my burlie!)

natural farmer

I think it may have been you who had mentioned it in a post wayyyy back, that's where I got the idea from. I'm loving not to have to twirl the VC in my fingers while hitting it trying to feel for the carb hole, now I just hit it and that's it! Awesome! :leaf::rockon::tup:
With the OG glass VC it helps with fragility as well and it keeps it tighter in the plastic tube... ;)

Shockwave

Introducing the VapCaPen:

DJcJArr.jpg

Afraid of travelling with a vaporizer? Tired of waiting in an endless queue to recieve an oversized pen vape to finally feel safe while travelling? Wait no longer, the VapCaPen is there! Just throw it in your pencil case, with it's 5.2 inches it will vanish between your regular pens and not attract a second look. The ballpen refill lasts a few signatures, just don't use it to write a letter home.

But there is even more, the pen part also acts as a storage for up to two additional loads.
4vEypYT.jpg

While at destination remove pen insert and stored herb to use as a mouthpiece.
hQ3SsRV.jpg

And last but not least, while the VapCaPen is empty it acts as a perfect dog whistle! Or a referee whistle... ok it's just a really annoying high pitch whistle.
Just make sure to remove the cap before you blow! :tup:

Now available at your favorite stationary store for a lucky price!
(from 1$ to 1000$, depending on your luck to find parts that fit!)

greetings
horst

i loled hard on waiting for oversized pen, i have read past 30 pages and already decided to get some action in VC but this post had set that decision in stone, love the ingenuity of this community

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Smelly Dog you have indeed modded your Woody to work in a similar manner to the Omni. All be it a lot more basic but all the same capable of producing very similar results.

I got my Glassy in January and did something similar to your set up near enough on day one.
I spoke with @VapCap about it, mentioned some sort of valve set up and learned that there would be an adjustable flow VC coming. As with everything VC related George was one or two steps ahead of the game. More like twenty.
It was a no brainer for me once I actually grasped the mechanism by which the VC worked. I had seen the same thing being employed in another industrial situation.
You take a draw on the condenser tube which due to it's position creates a pressure drop behind the screen which in turn pulls the air in around the cap and thru the load, down the condenser and into our lungs.
No restricted draw like when the carb is closed, no light and wispy vapor when open.
When I saw the Omni I knew this would be a VC game changer. The user can set it to suit their particular draw rate, strength and vapor density.
I suggested this set up to a few FC'ers some of whom have tried it and some who are still to give it a go. I wanted confirmation from others that it did actually make a huge difference.
I was hoping to get some video up showing the set up but as always life and work get in the way of the more pleasurable things.

So if you want to give it a go you will need a rolling paper and a fine needle.
Cut the gummed strip like this. Then cut a small square big enough to cover the carb
RDPFBt0m.jpg
2JZAm6Ym.jpg

It needs to cover all of the hole and be stuck down well. Once it's dry, it must be dry, pierce a small hole in the center of the newly patched hole.
dRH6dYx.jpg

One hole is how I ran my Glassy until I made a wooden stem. To get the adjustability of the Omni you add more holes. If you find you've added too many re-patch and start again. The Omni has an infinite adjustment the paper mod merely allows you to get a feel for how it works.

Last edited:

bhawkins94

It seems like quite a few people here use just pinches from a nug and not ground up so a question for those people. Do any of you use the dynastash? If so then is it just a cool carry case with an empty slot or what do you do?

Last edited:

anasrzi

I do the whole rip and stuff (pinch from a nug) method and don't feel the need to add a stash to my collection yeah they do look good but I'm normally a home vaped only very rare I vape out and about, so I use my space case grinder to hold my material and the magnet inside it holds the VC perfectly well.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I have a dynastash and Ti Burly and I actually find I like ground material better. I've done the rip and stuff from a nug but it seems I always go back to ground up material. Mainly because I have an EVO at home and grind it up for it so I just gather up whatever is left over from the previous nights grind and maybe add some more to the Dynastash when I head out.

I had a dugout back in the day that I used for years so going back to this style of carry was easy.

But I still pop a nugglet in ever now and then...hmmm that's a good idea...I'm gonna go do that now...

RelaxedNow

I prefer to use ground material. I've tried ripping and stuffing, but didn't have much success.

Now that I've learned how to use the VapCap properly, maybe I'll try again, but not if it requires breaking it up after the first heat cycle, as some have said.....that'd just be too much of a bother.

Smelly Dog

Nice little setup, mine is very similar. I use the Vapman torch bag. Where did you get the little plastic stash case?

I think these little plastic tubes are perfect! I have one tube with a really dry fine grind I use just for my MFLB. My VapCap likes the same grind as I use with my Herbalizer, so I stuff one tube with that grind. I don't use these tubes for long term storage, I use them for quick outdoor excursions. http://www.amazon.com/Conical-Botto...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01

EDIT: I carry two with my MFLB, one with fresh ground herbs, the other to dump my AVB in. These are really great, you get ten for the price.

Last edited:

bounce5

I think these little plastic tubes are perfect! I have one tube with a really dry fine grind I use just for my MFLB. My VapCap likes the same grind as I use with my Herbalizer, so I stuff one tube with that grind. I don't use these tubes for long term storage, I use them for quick outdoor excursions. http://www.amazon.com/Conical-Botto...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01

EDIT: I carry two with my MFLB, one with fresh ground herbs, the other to dump my AVB in. These are really great, you get ten for the price.

Nice. Very elegantly minimal. Can you stick the tip of the Vapcap in the container and fill it that way (like a dugout)?

Top Bottom