MegaMan2k

The dynavap M is getting expensive in lighters/torches from gasstations/hardware stores,

They all charge around 10$ for a shitty torch that only seem to ignite 5-10 times before it breaks, and only holds gas for a single / Maximum 2 bowls,

Driving me nuts since the hits are Real good but very hard to Achieve with my current lighter :-(

Lady V

The dynavap M is getting expensive in lighters/torches from gasstations/hardware stores,

They all charge around 10$ for a shitty torch that only seem to ignite 5-10 times before it breaks, and only holds gas for a single / Maximum 2 bowls,

Driving me nuts since the hits are Real good but very hard to Achieve with my current lighter :-(

Give these a chance! They aren't expensive and if you got three of them to interchange, butane and extra flints, they won't dissapoint. I was skeptical at first but, I now only use this one and I don't mind the refilling. Will soon be getting 3 more!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cylinder-F...362363&hash=item4ae61d61be:g:LRsAAOSwq61anRdQ

EDIT: this comes from someone that really really dislikes torch lighters.

sag

Admittedly the warranty policy is pretty lame. I ended up getting it new for around $130 USD, that being said. I would have gladly paid the $180ish they go for on ebay after owning it. I can use a VC while walking, even if it's really windy. I don't ever have to warm it in my hands if it's cold.. It just simply works. The flame always perfectly matches the dial regardless of how much fuel is remaining. For me, the engineering behind this gorgeous lighter is well worth the cost. I went through maybe 5 torches before settling on this one. Second favorite is probably my Xikar Trezo, but it's useless if there's any wind

Wow Quint what a wonderful looking vap..one day when I grow up I want one in xl size. Good to see a mention about your st dupont lighter. I gave my son an m17. When I visited later he had a dupont mini. It work amazingly. I thought I could like a lighter like that. Until I priced them...Yikes, I'll have to save for one of those... after a IH that is:tup::leaf:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

If you're only using at home. I've used this torch style of X-lite model for months and months, they're quite durable and reliable.

The tiny piezoelectric mechanism in cheapo pocket lighters don't last very long at all IME.
MPL_K_rev2.png

There's also flintwheel ignited torch lighters by Aomai which are also quite reliable albeit with a small tank.

You are right .Today's "damascus steel" is replicating just the looks of the original Damascus steel .
Still ,we are unaware of the actual method used to make the original Damascus steel ,
which consisted of a single steel alloy and not two different ones .
I like to avoid the term damascus and say "Pattern welded" and "Crucible". It's more accurate this way. The grain in real Damascus is from carbide dendrites that ran through the billet before the item was forged. I choose to believe it's crucible steel because there's no way to produce the resulting patterns in the metal with a bloom steel.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Give these a chance! They aren't expensive and if you got three of them to interchange, butane and extra flints, they won't dissapoint. I was skeptical at first but, I now only use this one and I don't mind the refilling. Will soon be getting 3 more!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cylinder-F...362363&hash=item4ae61d61be:g:LRsAAOSwq61anRdQ

EDIT: this comes from someone that really really dislikes torch lighters.

Approximately how nuch time does this single flame take in order to cause the cap to click?

TIA

Lady V

Approximately how nuch time does this single flame take in order to cause the cap to click?

TIA

Ι guess it depends on the tip you got (SS vs Ti) how much gas you set it to release, how close you got the tip to the flame, which part of the tip you chοose to heat up and how fast you twist your vapcap. But to actually answer your question, I haven't timed it but it works as fast as my cheapo single flame torches. I don't feel it takes too long.

ΒTW I love your avatar! One of my favourite comics ever

Last edited:

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
Personally I am a big fan of triples when out and about. I have a couple of these that I like a lot...
41xklaFAIoL.jpg

At home I tend to use the JarHead...

I'm a big fan of that lighter. Good fuel capacity, clear tank so I know when to refill, easy flame control, works every time. I got mine directly from Dynavap.

Like you, I use a JarHead at home. IH is outstanding!

I don't read every post in this thread but I think I remember some peeps a few pages back asking for exotic wood and some of the older VapCap stuff.

Just FYI. One of our amazing sponsors... PuffItUp.com has a bunch of cocbolo stuff and some exotic wood mouth pieces in stock on his site.

Just FYI.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
That is a sexy pairing you have there.

Not to piss you or anyone else off, but I'd just like to highlight the fact that that is not damascus steel. It is damascus styled steel.

Interestingly, the technique used to make genuine damascus steel has been lost to history.
:goon: So pissed right now! Especially because "styled" is so white, where's the freakin Hulk emoji?! :D Obviously jk, because I love you & also because I didn't know anything about your damascus factoid. Very cool! Glad your 420 drama is past tense, I was in your corner throughout because my 420 order did come in 2 packets and so completely understood why you would collect both from the Customs Man.

My packages weren't a big deal, I just hated that DV was stuck with 2 shipping charges that should have been one. Especially if they wound up doing this with a bunch of our multiple orders, I would freak out if I were George, but he's so chill. I guess lots of lessons were learned from this 420, the important takeaway for me is that all the issues and drama of the sale were born out of dynavap's desire to do something big and different and FUN for their customers. This was my first VC 420, what a roller coaster of emotions!

The best outcome of my vapcap 420 was a great exchange with Joe, like I said before this young man impresses me with his attitude. He accepted responsibility for events and actions that clearly weren't his, the communication was genuine and transparent; that goes a very long ways with me personally.

Thanks @VanCough for sharing your story and Joe getting it sorted to your satisfaction. Yay DV!

@Dynavaper Dude, nobody paid any heed to your nude selfie threat. In fact, it only escalated from there! Coincidence? I think not! I think the conduction conflict was purposefully conducted to trigger the Dynavaper Erotic Self Portraiture Series of photographs, but they probably deserve their own thread...:o

EDIT: Maybe @Lady V could make a Vapcap calendar for 2019? You could be rich!

Last edited:

Squiby

Approximately how nuch time does this single flame take in order to cause the cap to click
My favorite Aomia single jet flint lighter, set to a low flame of approx 3/4" long, heating from cold at the base third of the cap, using a zig zag motion takes 15 seconds. At the second cycle heating the middle third takes 7 seconds to the click and a third cycle aimed at the top third of the cap takes 5 seconds.

In contrast to my honest table top Quad which can Heat from cold in 4 seconds flat.

I love them both.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...se-with-the-vapcap.23318/page-13#post-1147786

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...er-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/#post-1058335

JamesTiberiousKirk

Convection, conduction, induction. They all have their place.

Personally I am waiting for the first radiation vape. One small pellet (the size of a grain of sand) of Uranium-235 would only lose half charge in 700 million years.

Of course the user of the device would die in 3 days. Which is why each unit would have a lifetime guarantee.

Until then I figure the VC works admirably, however it exchanges heat.

szai

Convection, conduction, induction. They all have their place.

Personally I am waiting for the first radiation vape. One small pellet (the size of a grain of sand) of Uranium-235 would only lose half charge in 700 million years.

Of course the user of the device would die in 3 days. Which is why each unit would have a lifetime guarantee.

Until then I figure the VC works admirably, however it exchanges heat.

That seems like the perfect concept for a poster-t-shirt-ad!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I ended up getting it new for around $130 USD

Where did you get the good price? They are AU$476 plus postage here.
I looked at this too, and thought na, the missus needs a new car and I could do with an extra motorbike...

https://www.st-dupont.com.au/solid-18-carat-yellow-gold-finish-lighter

Wouldn`t it be nice to be able to say, I like the look of that, give me 2.

EDIT: Just saw only a 2 year warranty, they can get fucked for something that expensive it should have a lifetime warranty, Zippo does.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
George's conversation sparked my memory of a soup recipe I've tinkered with over the years. It tastes best when sandwiched between sessions on my Omni XL. Enjoy! (Vampires Beware)

Ken's 132-Clove Garlic Soup with Parmesan Cheese
Adapted from Bon Appetit's 1999 44-clove garlic soup

Serves 8

78 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
4 1/2 cups sliced onions
3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
54 garlic cloves, peeled
8 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
8 lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 78 garlic cloves in a glass baking dish. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.

Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add roasted garlic and 54 peeled raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes. Add chicken stock; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan; add cream and bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

Divide grated cheese among bowls and ladle soup over. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
George's conversation sparked my memory of a soup recipe I've tinkered with over the years. It tastes best when sandwiched between sessions on my Omni XL. Enjoy! (Vampires Beware)

Ken's 132-Clove Garlic Soup with Parmesan Cheese
Adapted from Bon Appetit's 1999 44-clove garlic soup

Serves 8

78 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
4 1/2 cups sliced onions
3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
54 garlic cloves, peeled
8 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
8 lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 78 garlic cloves in a glass baking dish. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlicbetween fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.

Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add roasted garlic and 54 peeled raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes. Add chicken stock; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan; add cream and bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

Divide grated cheese among bowls and ladle soup over. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.
Thanks for the recipe.
I've been a fan of creamy garlic soup since having some on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago.

Been rocking my Cocobolo Omni Xl since my Ti Omni went missing about a month ago. Rolled into some elusive crevice. I have the dynastash and aomai single torch it goes with so it's somewhere around here. No cat around to have slinked off with it, but a sneaky Chihuahua named Chika I'm keeping my eye on. :suspicious:
:peace:

Morty

Just wake & vaked 2 bowls in my Vong w/ the screen positioned where it uses the least amount of material. I have a few thoughts...

The buzz you can cop off it using such tiny amounts is nice. More than you would expect from such a small amount.

Favorite way to use it so far is dry w/ a j-hook. Hits me a little harder than when I use it w/ aqua & it's so much easier to get phat clouds than when using it native. Also don't have mess around w/ MTL draws using the hook.

Been using a Honest single flame & double flame. Preferring the the double right now. You can torch the whole cap simultaneously or it or turn it sideways for more presicion.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Thanks, Geo for all your @VapCap innovations. :clap: And tweaks.

—And sales. Free mailing. Etc!

Have a grand working tour across the pond.

Remember, it’s Murphy’s on the West Coast of Ireland, and Guinness on the East! :cheers:

There are snazzy Boatals on the canal in Amsterdam. & ‘Dam good beer.

Also, try not to yell “Hi, Jack!” to your old college roommate, at the other end of the plane.....

Tether your phone. Wear a white summer VapCap hat. :mmmm: Hint. Hint.

A Happy Memorial Day weekend, in the meantime. Ya :cool: Please say hello to @Whissmu, if you see her.

& @Dutch-Mic . @Hogni .

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Finally had enough loose change lying around to snag a couple of @DDave Magic Wands.

I use my vc's through J Hooks and WP a lot, especially at night. And I love glass, so these are going to be the bomb, https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p68/The_VapCap_Water_Wand.html

And just a heads-up. I'm probably not going to be on here or other forums much as May turns to June and through August when I'll be recording my next album.

I've had to make some difficult decisions around how I use my hands. So until my parts are 'in the can' I'll be stepping away from the computer keyboard almost entirely.

It's just killing my hands, and voice to text isn't much better based on the frustration and editing. I love y'all and I'll lurk some, and post short things here because I feel a duty and responsibility to this community. But I can't be as laconic as I usually am. I need this time to heal and I know you'll understand. Cheers, kb

Last edited:
Top Bottom