Dreamwood Dobby Vaporizer

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
DLXPro:
the heat diffusor is conected "loose" so you can take off the part easily between draws and check your herbs. The stainless steel ring is slightly oval and should hold in place if you turn it slightly while conecting.
With use the part will fit better because of a little bit resin building up there.
We orderd some 1mm magnets to try out to get a better conection.
I get what you mean about not wanting the 2 pieces to connect, if it's on glass trying to pull off the intake/diffuser might pull the whole thing out of the glass. You'd need to use 2 hands to separate them. It definitely makes sense for them to be loose, I think I'm just used to my other similar vapes that have magnets so it's something I thought of.

Oh the ring isn't an issue at all, I figured I could just squish it a *tiny* bit to make it more oval and fit tighter if I really needed to. Like you said though if you turn it you find a spot where it sticks pretty well so I don't think I'll need to do that.

Also both these were super minor issues, I'm pretty positive about both of them so far.

Thank you for the tips with the DLX One, I'll try them out soon. So far I do prefer having a wooden bowl, but I'm having fun messing with the glass bowl of the DLX one. Being on fc for awhile I've seen lot's of people customize glass stems, it's fun trying some of that stuff on this.

And lastly wow. So many amazing things in that post. I love the idea of the DLX Pro/vapopipe combo with the intake/diffuser that works on both. I might have gone for that for my first order if I'd seen it. I love those stems too, I'm wondering if you sell them separate and what vape of mine they might fit...

Any videos of the dip stick in use? Ugh, I like way too much of this stuff...

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I tried out the DLX One and Pro with concentrates. I know I keep saying I'll compare them with flower @little maggie but I recently got an e-nail and some toys for it and I got 3 grams of concentrate to try it out with that I'm still trying to get through. I'm on my last .5 of shatter so I think I'll be buying some tonight. I'm lazy and it's hot so I tend to not go until I *need* to.

I remember @Dreamwood said that basket screen on the DLX One is for concentrates (and keif?) so I decided to try it out. I used some degummed hemp fiber I got from vadynap and I have to say it worked pretty well. Full disclosure I don't love the fiber, I feel like I always taste it, could be I heat it too much. Even with a little fiber in it the taste was pretty good, got some decent vapor and it didn't look like the fiber got scorched or anything. I didn't load to much so there was no mess, even if there was that's all metal and glass. Pretty good.
IMG_20170720_064223.jpg

On the DLX Pro I used the little glass screen/fritte that came with it. My first go I had the flame too low and my draw too fast, I started inhaling slower halfway through and ended up getting a pretty tasty low temp kind of hit with a small cloud. Definitely tasted better than I thought it would, I thought it would have a bit of a burnt taste. My second go I was overconfident, inhaled slower and turned the flame way too high. Still didn't taste burnt, but the vapor was much harsher and definitely more woody tasting because I *think* I scorched my bowl a tiny bit, you can see it in the picture. Part of the black is leftovers from the concentrate. I like the glass screen more than the hemp fiber, I'm going to try some more low temp hits off it. My only concern with that is cleaning it, I'll have to see how clean an iso soak get's it. Overall also pretty good.
IMG_20170720_070004.jpg
IMG_20170720_070234.jpg
IMG_20170720_070534.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Sorry for the double post, can't edit.

For some reason I was thinking I'd need to hit the DLX Pro (woody) wooden bowl harder than the DLX One (glassy) glass bowl but it seems like it's the opposite. Maybe in the glassy it's farther away or the glass soaks up more heat. I got some nice light brown abv with my technique I was using in the glassy, then immediately switched over to using the woody and charred some on my first hit using the same flame/technique. I'm going to do some more tonight and go easier with the woody than I do with the glassy.

I feel like calling them woody and glassy makes it easier to follow?

I was going to use them a lot more last weekend but I got some solventless hash oil and ended up using that a lot. I'd never seen it before and really wanted to try it.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Ah, now I'm quadruple posting, sorry.

I was getting some stuff from amazon for my flower pot that's on the way and I saw some really great looking glass adapters that I thought would work with the DLX One. I got a 18/14 one for $7 and a 14/14 one for $6 with a smaller looking bowl. I've only used the 18mm one and so far I'm really liking it. Using it actually reminds me of the videos/gifs for the glass symphony, you get a really good view of the flower and can watch it get vaped. It doesn't happen nearly as fast as in the gs, but it's still cool and useful to see it.

I just took the screen from the adapter that came with it and used a tool to flatter it out in the bowl. It's not stationary and I was thinking the flower would fall through, but it hasn't yet. It's also super easy to stir, I cover the bottom end with my thumb, the other with my index finger, and shake up and down. Somehow, magically, the screen perfectly centers itself and pretty much all the flower is in a neat pile centered on the screen. I think the shape of the bowl and probably the fact that I hand tear little chunks just make this work perfectly, it's really nice. Sometimes a chunk will fall through and I can feel it hit my thumb, I just pop it right back in the top. You could easily get a better fitting screen that stays in place. I'm pretty sure the screen would actually sit still in the 14/14 version, I haven't tried it yet though.

The only negative so far is it's harder to get bigger hits. I have to turn the heat much higher and slow my inhale to really milk it. If I don't do that it's probably takes double the hits to fully extract, they're all low temp tasty hits that are super easy to stir though so I haven't minded. I guess getting the screen in place can be a pain, I'm not planning to remove it unless I really need to, I'll just leave it in there and iso soak the whole thing together so I don't have to mess with it.

I was ready to like the wooden bowl on the DLX Pro better, but these are bringing me around.

14/14: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICWYM6G/
18/14: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HMF6A0O

IMG_20170724_185705.jpg

IMG_20170724_184925.jpg

IMG_20170724_184944_1.jpg

Edit: Just noticed these adapter with glass screens for sale from @cannabis.pro and they look perfect for this, I'm ordering the 18mm/18mm one to try:

https://www.420edc.com/glassware/420edc-milaana-zion-stems-tophat

1.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
whow @StormyPinkness very nice read...
i really like the adapter with the glass screen very nice find! need to have a look for them wholesale...
the other adapter is also very nice if it has a notch in the middle take a bigger screen and grind your bud you will get nice clouds i promise! the 5mm deeper screen should be no problem with a fit screen and grinded bud

keep it up very nice you post your findings!

ps.:
did a prototype DLX Pro with 1,5mm magnets for conection of the parts but they are not strong enough to hold the top secure in place, if the ring is sitting lose. to put in bigger magnets i would need to make the diameter bigger and this is not what i want to.
shorten it thats next.

conected just with the stainlesssteel tube disangled (squished together) works much better.
just put the top on, twist till it sticks, vape.
thats what we belief is better but
what do you guys think??

greetings
peace
steffen

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
whow @StormyPinkness very nice read...
i really like the adapter with the glass screen very nice find! need to have a look for them wholesale...
the other adapter is also very nice if it has a notch in the middle take a bigger screen and grind your bud you will get nice clouds i promise! the 5mm deeper screen should be no problem with a fit screen and grinded bud

keep it up very nice you post your findings!

ps.:
did a prototype DLX Pro with 1,5mm magnets for conection of the parts but they are not strong enough to hold the top secure in place, if the ring is sitting lose. to put in bigger magnets i would need to make the diameter bigger and this is not what i want to.
shorten it thats next.

conected just with the stainlesssteel tube disangled (squished together) works much better.
just put the top on, twist till it sticks, vape.
thats what we belief is better but
what do you guys think??

greetings
peace
steffen
I agree it doesn't need magnets. I was just thinking of it like a portable I'd put in my pocket which I realize now I wouldn't do.

I'm excited to try out the adapter with the glass screen, looks easy to use and clean. He's also got some really cool glass screen stems and little glass "top hats" that you load with flower and then put into the stem.

Also when I was organizing my stuff yesterday I realized I didn't try wax with the straight stem, I left the bent one on. I'll have to try that again with the straight one.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

Cl4ud3

I tried out the DLX One and Pro with concentrates. I know I keep saying I'll compare them with flower @little maggie but I recently got an e-nail and some toys for it and I got 3 grams of concentrate to try it out with that I'm still trying to get through. I'm on my last .5 of shatter so I think I'll be buying some tonight. I'm lazy and it's hot so I tend to not go until I *need* to.

I remember @Dreamwood said that basket screen on the DLX One is for concentrates (and keif?) so I decided to try it out. I used some degummed hemp fiber I got from vadynap and I have to say it worked pretty well. Full disclosure I don't love the fiber, I feel like I always taste it, could be I heat it too much. Even with a little fiber in it the taste was pretty good, got some decent vapor and it didn't look like the fiber got scorched or anything. I didn't load to much so there was no mess, even if there was that's all metal and glass. Pretty good.
IMG_20170720_064223.jpg

On the DLX Pro I used the little glass screen/fritte that came with it. My first go I had the flame too low and my draw too fast, I started inhaling slower halfway through and ended up getting a pretty tasty low temp kind of hit with a small cloud. Definitely tasted better than I thought it would, I thought it would have a bit of a burnt taste. My second go I was overconfident, inhaled slower and turned the flame way too high. Still didn't taste burnt, but the vapor was much harsher and definitely more woody tasting because I *think* I scorched my bowl a tiny bit, you can see it in the picture. Part of the black is leftovers from the concentrate. I like the glass screen more than the hemp fiber, I'm going to try some more low temp hits off it. My only concern with that is cleaning it, I'll have to see how clean an iso soak get's it. Overall also pretty good.
IMG_20170720_070004.jpg
IMG_20170720_070234.jpg
IMG_20170720_070534.jpg
So the little Fritted disc came with the DLX one ? I ask because I had looked everywhere for that type of concentration pad but had no luck anywhere. I did see some made by Tommy Chong's business partner called conversion stones but again not able to find stock. They seem like the perfect pad.

Nice write up :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So the little Fritted disc came with the DLX one ? I ask because I had looked everywhere for that type of concentration pad but had no luck anywhere. I did see some made by Tommy Chong's business partner called conversion stones but again not able to find stock. They seem like the perfect pad.

Nice write up :)
The little glass fritted disc came with my DLX Pro, the all wooden one. I have to say it worked pretty well, I've only used it twice though. I'm hoping it cleans easily with iso.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes this disc is a nice addition, still not tried it but I plan to do it very soon!

.... and yes I received yesterday a Dobby Classic Ashtree and a DLXone Ebony/olive tree with a Vape-pipe (to use the DLXone dry)!

For now I got great success with the Dobby & DlxOne+Vape-pipe (dry) but wasn't able to get a full extraction using the DLXOne+D020 but only light vapor... I think that's more a user mistake, maybe I was drawing too fast... I'll try again later!

I'll post a full review and some pics in a few days but I can say I like the attention to the details Dreamwood provide, very well packaged, the units are very well made and the finishing level is amazing! Happy to get another good manufacturer in Europe, long life to you DreamWood!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
With the fritted glass discs does anyone worry about using those without water? I keep worrying one of the little pieces of glass will come off and I'll inhale it. Valid concern or am I being paranoid?

Yes this disc is a nice addition, still not tried it but I plan to do it very soon!

.... and yes I received yesterday a Dobby Classic Ashtree and a DLXone Ebony/olive tree with a Vape-pipe (to use the DLXone dry)!

For now I got great success with the Dobby & DlxOne+Vape-pipe (dry) but wasn't able to get a full extraction using the DLXOne+D020 but only light vapor... I think that's more a user mistake, maybe I was drawing too fast... I'll try again later!

I'll post a full review and some pics in a few days but I can say I like the attention to the details Dreamwood provide, very well packaged, the units are very well made and the finishing level is amazing! Happy to get another good manufacturer in Europe, long life to you DreamWood!
I'm definitely interested to hear about the vapo-pipe. I like the crazy straw glass stems they have with them in the pics on their store.

I keep hoping someone will get and review one of these horizon ones:
Horizon_Vape.png

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just wanted to say the owner of this company always struck me as a nice guy, real fun watching their instagram feed.

He posted about giving away a few dobby that have minor error and I told him I'd accept and pay postage and send him a few bucks for a beer since he seems like a nice guy, and he told me no worries and to keep it.

Really neat. Apparently I'll have a beech dobby soon and will share my thoughts in comparison to my Lily :) Thanks Dreamwood!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Just wanted to say the owner of this company always struck me as a nice guy, real fun watching their instagram feed.

He posted about giving away a few dobby that have minor error and I told him I'd accept and pay postage and send him a few bucks for a beer since he seems like a nice guy, and he told me no worries and to keep it.

Really neat. Apparently I'll have a beech dobby soon and will share my thoughts in comparison to my Lily :) Thanks Dreamwood!
I agree, they've been great to me too. I got a free DLX One when I was one of the first people to order and he also offered me a discount on a purple heart dobby I keep drooling over.

Hagbard

these guys from dreamwood are true, honest and very helpful guys! they always are glad to help with every question and also with every special order that comes along. i highly recommend gettin at least one of their vapes. they are true pieces of art and craftmanship!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry but I'll delay my review cause I'm fuckin' sick and still have some hard job to do...
Can't handle vapor very well when I'm so sick....

BUT before to get health issues I got some good time with the Dobby Classic (Ashtree), it was the easier to master and got some very nice sessions. Got more issues to get some nice clouds with the DLXOne but I finally find the perfect spot...

I'm on the way to prefer the DLXOne (Ebony+Olive) cause it needs less stirring than the Dobby, I tend more to scorch the load with this one although the heating time is a slgthly longer.

The Vapo-pipe convert your DLXOne in a sort of Dobby and works similarly cause the depth of the bowl is similar to the Dobby... there is more depth in the Ebony DLXOne bowl!

Yes it's a nice vape to get in your arsenal!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
look what arrived today...

h056foO.jpg

very very nice package with lots of goodies.

beech dobby. looks really really neat, amazing grain.

i can't wait to play with this thing! thanks so much @Dreamwood - it is very appreciated and this dobby now has a nice home next to a lily :)

vapmanjoe

may i join you and introduce my new DLX Pro Classic :cool:?

This video demonstrates my first learning curve with this device...
i tried to vary with flame lenght and distance...a little bit of combustion at the end...there's something for everyone :D By now it works fine, it's really fun to use :haw:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Damn, the retail package looks really neat :cool: I definitely plan to purchase a punch in the future, they were great to work with and you can tell there was a ton of care put into crafting it.

Thanks for the incognito birthday present that you didn't know you were giving me :p

Also, this is by far the best lighter offered with any butane vape.

Hammahead

Hi,

a friend recently acquired a DLX Vapopipe (sold @ EUR 140) and I tried it a couple times. Now, I can only compare this unit to my Sticky Brick Jr. which is quite different, maybe more like the Dobby, but it's following the same principle.

First of all: it works great, nearly instant vapor, brilliant taste and aroma. Also a first impression: it's not as solid and tank-like as the SB. The Glass parts are considerably thinner, the mouthpiece is a _little_ loose (though 100% airtight, no probs here), the heater unit is not connected by magnets so you have to force it in a little, so the look and feel is a little less great than the SB. My friend, who didn't know the SB before was super happy in the beginning, but seeing (and touching) my SBJ has made him slightly less enthusiastic which I think is a bit unfortunate. Because that little thing is a serious vapor monster and is not expensive at all, it does what it's supposed to do and without a direct comparison it's a great product, and we had a great evening with it.

When I say he bought the Vapopipe, that's not really correct. He bought a DLX Pro which is really great,as many here have already confirmed). We loved it but only used it once each, because I have such a tiny little bong, the water in it would turn milky after a few tokes. The great thing for him was that he didn't only get the DLX Pro but also the pipe part of the DLX Vapo-pipe, and the heat intake part of the DLX fits that pipe. So he has two units at the price of some 70 Euro which is a pretty, pretty sweet deal in my book. I'm just not sure if this is their default offer. Anyway, it came with a lot of o-rings and screens and little wooden goodies, plus two little jars of wood polish, and a really awesome Atomic torch, so this sounds like a great deal.

My conclusion is: I like my SBJ slightly better, but the Vapopipe is a great product at a comparably ok price, and I'd be super happy and confident to use it as a daily driver, just as I use my SBJ. Their DLX Pro bong head is really great and pretty unique though, and if you get that pipe part as "regular bonus", it'd be a fantastic deal. No guarantee though, they clearly said it was a gift and it's not mentioned on their site. Maybe it was slightly off grade, even when it doesn't have any visible flaws.

From what he told me the guys at greendream.shop who are also the manufacturers of this line are super chill and friendly and he cannot recommend them enough for their great service. Many parts are interchangeable between their different different models, you get all the spare parts (not like the european importer for the SB products) so if you're interested in this technique and would like to keep it european, they are highly recommended.

Best

Hamma

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
hey guys
thank you all very much for your participation and posting pics of your vapes! very nice!

@Hammahead
i'm sorry your friend is not lucky with his Dreamwood vape.
tell him i take it back, no problem, he gets his money...

he got the pipe for FREE!!!,
only aquirred a DLX Pro for 70€,
that is not fair to say it was not worth it.
but if that is what you feel i'm ok with it.
generally the DLX Pro does only come with the short direct inhale glass mouthpiece...

BUT judging the Dobby without have it in your hands or ever touched it is nonesense.

i put endless hours of work in the finish of every vaporizer, the Dobby is my pride. the parts fit perfect together and there are no unfinished wood parts like others do. all parts finished properly, grinded and polished and fitting together.

our glassparts are made in germany by a master glassblower, its duran schott borosilicate and does not break easy its very durable. (you can stand on the pieces.)

the dlxpro top just needs to be turned to conect the parts there should be no need to force anything in, thats not the way to do! put the parts together with a little bit of sense, not just push it in. ;)

i'm really sorry you do not feel the vibe with the vapopipe, there is a perfect vape for everybody...seems you found yours.

all the best
steffen
Dreamwood

Cl4ud3

I would like to say from owning both the SB Flip and the DLX Pro that both are fine products. The attention to detail on both is superb and the quality is excellent and great value for money.

The DLX comes as one hell of a package imho where you get so much to be able to try it in different modes, you are very very spoilt here as you don't need to get separate parts to use it dry.
The glass feels thinner than the Brick line yes but I've not had any issues with it at all and it has had quite a bit of use here. I also found it eeasier to tame than the Flip and I have a JR so the technique wasn't new.

Comparing one to the other is sort of pointless, both products perform excellently and are finished to extremely high standards - it's apples and oranges. I feel myself grabbing one over the other depending what I'm in the mood for.

Top Bottom