Does butter NEED to be in fridge overnight?

eboy

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
hi
i usually use abv or decarboxylize fresh green buds, then simmer in butter (double boiler) for 30 minutes.
all the recipes seem to call for putting the butter overnight.
BUT,
as i am not using water, and hence do not need to separate water from butter, does it really NEED to be refrigerated before being added to my cookie dough mixture and then baking?
i dont have the time and need to do the entire thing today.
thanks!
EBOY

eboy,

zymos

Probably not what you were getting at, but cookies made from melted butter will turn out noticeably different than those made from solid butter creamed with sugar, all other things being equal ....

zymos,
Reactions: weedemon

beach bum

I know it's not yesterday anymore, so my response might be untimely. However, I was thinking you could just throw it up in the freezer for an hour - that might be long enough to get your solids to harden enough for use... :2c:

beach bum,

weedemon

enthusiast
the fridge is jsut to get it cold to solidify. :) it's not really temp dependant.

Probably not what you were getting at, but cookies made from melted butter will turn out noticeably different than those made from solid butter creamed with sugar, all other things being equal ....

this is an important thing too imo!

weedemon,

eboy

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
thanks so much everyone! i just threw the butter in the freezer to get some body to the butter before the mix- worked like a charm!
thanks again!

eboy,

snew

The freezer is OK without water but if you make any with water do not put it in the freeze. Both the water and butter freeze. Whereas in the frig only the butter gets hard.

snew,

djonkoman

made a cake together with a friend once and for that we just used the butter right after straining it. the cake was good.
if it would have a negative effect on the cake I would expct that friend to know about it, he's into cooking and has a brother who is a chef and thaught him some stuff too. has some very expensive kitchenknives too. and he also doesn't need recipes for things like cake.
my creations usually turn out well too, but I definatly need a recipe for it.

djonkoman,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I like the American name for a sponge cake- "pound cake". With that you never really need a recipe- just a pound of each main ingredient. (that must be a big cake though)

WatTyler,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
as an experienced baker, i say yes you do need to fridge it. butter that is liquid will make baked goods that are flat and greasy, so you have to refrigerate the butter to get it back into that state. melted and re-cooled butter will also yield a flatter greasier product than 'fresh from the fridge then brought to temp'. they just don't trap air in the creaming process properly. Best to choose a scratch recipe that calls for melted butter like muffins or some types of cookies. Mixes, on the other hand are designed to be foolproof and will work pretty much no matter what you add. try making a box mix with just water and you'll see what i mean.

but if you are just trying to get baked, i'd say it doesn't matter :)

Top Bottom