Do you vape bowls of pure kief?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I prefer topping my load with keif (pack like 20% less herb than normal, and top with an equivalent amount of keif), or if I'm going balls-to-the-wall, mixing approx 25% bud to 75% keif.
I find that the keif works better if its got something to stick to that's not the rest of the keif...

I do pack a mighty solo stem of pure keif on occasion, and sip on tasty, tasty giant clouds for close to 1/2 an hour :brow:

Oh, also, since I keep my keif in 1 container, it's taste can get a bit muddled between the various strains that have contributed to it, having a little bit of bud in there really ups the flavor profile IME.

crawdad

floatin
takes me a while to accumulate grinder keif but i love keif hits in the mflb! i tend to take smaller hits than with bud and the hits are usually a bit harsher (stickier) but thats my mileage. i usually save it for the last hit of the night on occasion, really launches the session a couple levels up for me something similar to an edible kicking in after a bowl or two.

crawdad,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lowkee00

I recently bought a grinder and it came with a kief press, thought I would vape a piece when I get enough.

lowkee00,

NYC5IKH5jabi

I've done straight keif in my pax. Collected in my grinder over a period of a couple months. It was good. Got me completely blitted!

NYC5IKH5jabi,

RGB1616

I used kief in my pinnacle and it got me stoned. It has to be mixed with herb however or else it will not vaporize correctly

RGB1616,

Katysax

I've attempted vaping kief with a Palm 2.0 and a DaVinci. With the DaVinci I used an oil can - the one without the wick. With the Palm 2.0 I tried mixing in some buds. Neither worked very well.

I tried vamping kief in a Micro G. It actually sort of worked using the screened atomizer. However, the kief is so light it would come dislodged. Then I took one of the small spare screens from the DaVinci. It's a tad too big for the atomizer so it can be shoved in there. The screen holds down the kief and the pen works really well to tape kief straight.

Katysax,

PAZ

So just to be clear, people are vaping kief, and not hash?

Would hash have to be done at a higher temperature since it's denser than kief?

PAZ,

SD_haze

So just to be clear, people are vaping kief, and not hash?
Some vape bowls of pure hash
Some vape bowls of pure kief

Would hash have to be done at a higher temperature since it's denser than kief?
:2c:
You wouldn't have to, but it could be desirable depending on what kind of effects you want.

SD_haze,
Reactions: PAZ

Katysax

Definitely, it's kief and not hash that I'm using. One of the local dispensaries is selling OG Kief for 2G for $12. I tried vaping it just as an experiment and I really liked it. Didn't have to do a lot to get high. The high from this stuff (provided it isn't overdone) is a nice euphoria, relaxing, good pain relief, no craziness. It can be kind of harsh on the throat, but if the throat is blocked with the tongue on inhaling then it is OK.

darkrom

Great Scott!
2g of kief for $12. WOW. I hope the dispensaries around here are like that when they open up.

darkrom,
Reactions: Vicki

Pesci

Aww... Legal weed.
Yeah i'd say a bed of herb with a good topping, straight kief just clogs the screen. Kief has a noticeable taste difference to hash, I for one prefer it. Now whenever i grind my meds I freeze them for 30 mins then shake the hell out of it. Grinder kief yields higher.

More fun later. :science:

Pesci,
Reactions: ou812?

Hexi

I might just order some. The kief is $5-$10 / gram this week... Chemdog --- Girl Scout

I've been collecting my own but only using it for sprinkles.

ou812?

Aww... Legal weed.
Yeah i'd say a bed of herb with a good topping, straight kief just clogs the screen. Kief has a noticeable taste difference to hash, I for one prefer it. Now whenever i grind my meds I freeze them for 30 mins then shake the hell out of it. Grinder kief yields higher.

More fun later. :science:

I took that advice from a poster here and GREAT SCOTT it works like a charm. In no time I have collected a little stash since beginning the vape life on 6/3/13. After a 1/2 oz of vaping and grinding I have 6.3 g's of it
Wanted to know, when pressing it and forming into what some refer to as hash, if comparing the 2 forms is there a diff in their potency or is pressing it a more convenient way to partake the product? I wont combust anymore so will it matter if you just vape it loose or in solid? I do understand the clog factor for loose,but all things considered will it really have the same effect , I was thinking the pressed version might have a bit more punch as it being more of a concentrated product? please chine in with thoughts.

The freezer and the trick with coins,for me 2 nickels in a 2.5 inch 4 part cheapie chromium crusher from E bay. My friend says fug it,use a 2 part and grind with the kief attached like you used to when you burned. He thinks vaping is OK,but he prefers the old joint.Hates pipes ,even WT's .Better him than me, I say!!:leaf:

Hexi

What I see is people taking a ball of hash or reclaim, then using that to press/collect the kief.

ou812?

AHH Today I found a youtube vid on a simple way to make a pressed version.Not sure what the end product is called if you use heat in the process ,but any way I made some.I took a cellophane wrapper from a cig box,dumped in about a 1/2 of inch high of keif.Taped it up, and made it rectangular,got some paper towels wet them took another paper towel and kept that one dry and folded it up tight and put the cellophane in that. Took it and placed it in between the wet paper towels.Hit it with a clothes iron on high on top of my glass stove top for 2 secs alternating sides and was called for a total 2 mins.The vid was using a flat hair iron, I used old school reg.clothes iron which had a lot more heat and surface.Worked better and on top of the stove top, the moisture kind of stayed around the work area keeping the steam effect present with out evaporating and causing some sort of combustion to product and paper towels.

I stopped at 1 min to check it and for a 1st run it came out good,didnt want to over cook it.. Chucked it in the solo on #6 sucked it thru a Jhan UFO shower head side car, and boy was that a treat.I have vaped the kief loose ,but this was a bit more pungent and dense.. The DIY kief/hash(?) would not stop producing cloud after cloud, I blew out 6 cumulus nimbus clouds and was toast and shut the rig down.EDIT I dont think the piece weighed .08 if that( total weight from 1/2" high level in cell.wrapper , netted .79,) I was saying to myself, damn not too shabby, pretty good for basement method whatever you want to call it. I folded it over it self and had a nice dice sized hunk of goodness , a bit more heat maybe 20 seconds and it would make it a bit stickier,next time!!.This when cooled off was very dense and hard and seems to be off gassing forever in the Solo!!!
heres the link to the vid,FWIW

plus the simply stoopid just puts the iceing on the cake.... da bomb!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom