DO NOT BUY from myrubberneck.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Recently we've been getting quite a few new members posting about myrubberneck and some members have been suspicious.

The site claims "We are Authorized Resellers for all Suppliers listed." and "Complete With Manufacturer's Warranties"

Zephyr is one of the Manufacturers listed there and Bruce from Zephyr says he has never heard of myrubberneck and will not honor warranties on units purchased there.

Until more information is available I do not recommend purchasing anything from myrubberneck.com. Also, any posts regarding or even mentioning myrubberneck.com will only be allowed in this thread.

Thank you and buyer beware!

vtac,
Reactions: light

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hold up, this isnt related to the Ebay seller as well is it? I know there was a seller of sorts like this that had smoking deals on Ebay.

AGBeer,

Pappy

shmaporist
vtac said:
Recently we've been getting quite a few new members posting about myrubberneck and some members have been suspicious.

The site claims "We are Authorized Resellers for all Suppliers listed." and "Complete With Manufacturer's Warranties"

Zephyr is one of the Manufacturers listed there and Bruce from Zephyr says he has never heard of myrubberneck and will not honor warranties on units purchased there.

Until more information is available I do not recommend purchasing anything from myrubberneck.com. Also, any posts regarding or even mentioning myrubberneck.com will only be allowed in this thread.

Add heirloomsandmore to that list. They've been shilling on FC.

Mod note: This thread is about myrubberneck.com. It's not intended as a thread where you can add other sellers that you think are shady.

Pappy,

2Supra4U

Pappy said:
vtac said:

i just find it funny how i just keep seeing some new member who registers "today" (date of thread) as well as has ONE post (that thred mostlikey the first) and thinks that no one will suspect anything. that and its the same "i got this sweet deal and FAST shipping" message.

i mean i know we are all fucking high :ko:...........but most of us are not that stupid

if you dont care about warranty then hell buy it , it is a good deal.
but anyone else or those who dosent have money to lose....dont be fooled, dont take the risk.

2Supra4U,

lwien

2Supra4U said:
i just find it funny how i just keep seeing some new member who registers "today" (date of thread) as well as has ONE post (that thred mostlikey the first) and thinks that no one will suspect anything.

Yeah, that's been happening in some other threads here as well. I just hope that new people that come to this site looking for valid information can sift through the threads and recognize astroturfing when it happens. The typical dead giveaway is when someones first post is to hype a vape or a distributor AND ALL of his/her subsequent posts do exactly the same thing in the same thread without contributing to any other threads whatsoever.

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Update
I've just been informed that myrubberneck does not and has never had any IONs to sell.

So the (deleted) new members who posted about their fantastic experiences purchasing IONs from this place were, most likely shills sent by myrubberneck. Shilling a product that they didn't even have to sell!

Myrubberneck is shady as fuck, do not buy from them!

Just emailed Arizer, will update.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Of course. ;) Big thanks to the members who reported the posts hyping myrubberneck.

Despite never having any IONs to sell, myrubberneck will let you add one or more to the cart and pay for it. They are even 'selling' in bulk. "Attn RESELLERS Buy in quantities of 4 (4, 8, 12 etc..) and Save Even More."

http://www.myrubberneck.com/zephyr.html
Pics in case they take the pages down:

myrubberneck.com said:
We are Authorized Resellers for all Suppliers listed. WE SELL ONLY THE NEWEST MODELS AVAILABLE Complete With Manufacturer's Warranties
We carry the entire product lines from all Manufacturers listed.
What a joke.

This thread is on the first page when you google 'myrubberneck'. Hopefully we can save some people from getting scammed. Tell your friends. Also http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/internet-shopping/my-rubberneck-in-aurora-il-88378127

vtac,

Pappy

shmaporist
2Supra4U said:
Don't kid yourself -- unless you want a factory sealed box of rocks! :D

Pappy,

2Supra4U

Pappy said:
2Supra4U said:
Don't kid yourself -- unless you want a factory sealed box of rocks! :D

i only said that cuz i was sure i saw at least a few people who wernt 1 post wonders who had gotten one of the units (extreme q for example) off of ebay my rubberneck or some of the craiglist or kijiji ads (no myruberneck) and said it was the real deal, it just came with no accessories or whatever....

if thats not true then disregard my comment :p

2Supra4U,

phrike

Pappy said:

No they haven't. Occam's razor: simplest explanation is most likely.

Chill out dude. They may be typical slow, uninformed scummy salespeople types but I see no evidence they've posted anything here.

Whatever... I don't care about your fight with ghosts, LOL. :)

phrike,

Pappy

shmaporist
phrike said:
Pappy said:

Chill out dude. They may be typical slow, uninformed scummy salespeople types but I see no evidence they've posted anything here.

Phrike, you've been registered here less than 2 weeks -- made 20 or so posts -- ALL shilling or making excuses for a bungling ring of con artists. :rolleyes:

Mod note: From the rules page- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

Pappy,

reloader

Good to know, because I have contemplated buying an Extreme Q and have noticed this seller. He caught my attention because of his low prices. Thanks for the warning.:)

reloader,

andalusia

I bought an arizer extreme q 4.0 from the ebay seller rubberneck. Everything seems to check out, I got my vape in reasonable time. The only screwups from the seller are A) forgetting the apartment number on the shipping label, B) putting pics of the vape and all this other informative information on the box, trying to get it to come off as a potpourri device... i don't need my apartment leasing office to know that i have a giant vaporizer in my room. Other than that I have no real complaints, and it is quite nice. I don't know about the warranty though, I assumed I had it, but i'll monitor this thread for updates.

andalusia,

2Supra4U

LOL case in point ^

:brow:

Mod note: Your post is out of line. Next time keep your opinion to yourself.

2Supra4U,

phrike

Pappy said:
phrike said:
Pappy said:

Phrike, you've been registered here less than 2 weeks -- made 20 or so posts -- ALL shilling or making excuses for a bungling ring of con artists. :rolleyes:

Mod note: From the rules page- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

LOL, I just ordered from KJRockWise. Got tired of the EBayer's delays, lack of answers, and became concerned about the lack of accessories, warranty and the older model.

Canada Post tracking number is: 7210 0296 8322 5108 from Canada Post. Yu wan me to get KJRockWise to confirm ? :)

phrike,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Quick update, Steve from Arizer has confirmed that myrubberneck is NOT an authorized dealer for the Extreme Q. Also, all new products coming from Arizer will be individually serial numbered.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom