Divine Tribe atty's

Steven

It was already mentioned that magnets will mess with the resistance of the donut.
Yea but no offense it was mention only by you, who admits your credentials are a physics class u had a hard time in...its also mentioned and is fact that other atomizers on the market uses magnet for their mouthpiece. Atomizers that also uses the donut has magnets as well so I'm going to go off facts instead of your admitted conjecture.

@mrbonsai420 I posted a few posts back about the vapor issue. Try to pucker or narrow your lips or any other method you want to use to slow down inhalation. The combo of very good airflow and the fact it's coming from underneath the donut easily cools the donut down to where vapor production takes a hit. Less heat, less vapor. Personally I changed my settings. I use 22w at 400F with tcr 245 and I blow out clouds. I am looking forward to the smaller donuts though. This big one may be overkill

WKONE

Yea but no offense it was mention only by you, who admits your credentials are a physics class u had a hard time in...its also mentioned and is fact that other atomizers on the market uses magnet for their mouthpiece. Atomizers that also uses the donut has magnets as well so I'm going to go off facts instead of your admitted conjecture.

Wow. It actually wasn't me who mentioned it, but thanks for the condescending attitude.

Last edited:
WKONE,
Reactions: Steven

Steven

Wow. It actually wasn't me who mentioned it, but thanks for the condescending attitude.
My mistake sorry about that. I replied as such because I thought you were the original poster. Which meant your post was condescending from my point of view. Beside that, you are arguing my point based off of another person's conjecture so yea, u deserve the attitude as well. Maybe you should do your own research and use that as a reference instead of just reading some random post on a forum and make that fact. I have been guilty as such too but not to scientific stuff like this, especially when the guy humbly mentions his source Your welcome

Last edited:
Steven,

My mistake sorry about that. I replied as such because I thought you were the original poster. Which meant your post was condescending from my point of view. Beside that, you are arguing my point based off of another person's conjecture so yea, u deserve the attitude as well. Maybe you should do your own research and use that as a reference instead of just reading some random post on a forum and make that fact. I have been guilty as such too but not to scientific stuff like this, especially when the guy humbly mentions his source Your welcome
It was me. And thinking back, I recall that external magnetic fields don't have an effect on coils, or more accurately, the coil balances out the effects of external fields. Either way, yeah I don't think magnets are a problem.

Quote,

Steven

It was me. And thinking back, I recall that external magnetic fields don't have an effect on coils, or more accurately, the coil balances out the effects of external fields. Either way, yeah I don't think magnets are a problem.
My apologies if any offense was taken from my post. I saw you humbly noted your source so I was really suprised that you (later realized it wasn't you) would reply the way WKONE did. My mistake for jumping to conclusions. I was even more suprised someone used ur post as fact even though you stated clearly what you meant. It's ok to assume if you realize it's an assumption but to assume and regard it as fact...it was clear to me you were assuming and stated as so. The age old when u assume u make an ASS of U & ME

Last edited:
Steven,

FX

I've been experimenting a bit.

I finally got it to partially glow last night just after scraping the face of the donut clean, lightly of course. It was partially white, not that brand new white, but marbled looking. I was running it at 20w in wattage mode and pulsing it until it glowed. The resistance started to rise and would hang around .56 so I stopped and let it cool. Cooled resistance now reads .48.

I learned from round one, that I should only partially apply to the donut. The larger ring gave me more uses between cleanings by having more surface area and using less space.

The comment about hitting it slower to keep the donut warmer rings true. I'm still using 40w and it's helping me inhale faster. I'm not real fond of hitting slow; it's like filling up a bucket with your finger in the hose. I am now keeping the temp around 350F and can almost find the proper inhale rate to keep it between 320-345F without hitting the temp limit. I believe that all it takes to make the V3 work for you using finding your spot. Plus, I still like trying the settings others recommend to change it up.

WKONE

I have a 2.7 and a V3 currently in shipping limbo right now. I have a gram each of Girl Scout Cookies and Blue Cheese CO2 shatter just WAITING for my DT(s)!! AGH!

My apologies if any offense was taken from my post. I saw you humbly noted your source so I was really suprised that you (later realized it wasn't you) would reply the way WKONE did. My mistake for jumping to conclusions. I was even more suprised someone used ur post as fact even though you stated clearly what you meant. It's ok to assume if you realize it's an assumption but to assume and regard it as fact...it was clear to me you were assuming and stated as so. The age old when u assume u make an ASS of U & ME
All good man. Gave me a good laugh. :b

Quote,
Reactions: Steven

Steven

@FX since you know what I'm talking about with the inhale rate and you like to experiment, may I ask you a few questions?

At tcr 245 25w at 400F I was able to produce good vapor but it was definitely harsher that when loading exact same amount in the v2.5. So decided to drop temp, but that didn't remedy the harshness. Now I dropped to tcr 245 22w and 400-420 and am getting bigger, smoother clouds than on the v2. 5. This is all done with a slower draw by the way. Even at a 3w difference, I felt a clear difference. Can you tell any difference when you change wattage since you seem to have tried a wide range. Or is the difference just a faster ramp up to temp for you? Just curious. Even when dropping down to 22w I noticed pre melting my wax was not as hot per every button push. Personally, the harshness is the main reason why I'd rather not up the heat

Last edited:
Steven,

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Regarding the inhale rates, different settings, and people not getting adequate clouds like @mrbonsai420, I have a question for all you V3 donuters:

after you press the button down, how long are you waiting to start hitting on the mouthpiece?

We're mentioning the different warm-up times for the donut to reach protection at different wattages. Without providing airflow over the donut, it seems at least 6-7 seconds around 25w, and about 4 seconds around 32-35w. If the user is drawing over the mouthpiece during this temperature ramp up, it will take even longer.

If you just load it up and hold the button and mindlessly start hitting the mouthpiece right away, it's not gonna make any vape, it's not anywhere near the temp target you told it yet. The donut will take forever to reach temp, make meager vape, waste your oil, and you'll get mostly air. I don't know if anyone is doing this, sorry to insult yalls' intelligence if nobody is doing this :D But many new users have made sillier newb mistakes with the 2.5/2.7

FWIW, all my rips of the V3 have been wet, on my rigs so far; I can watch the screen easily while in use. At 32w now, I've been getting big rips at lower temps, still clearing the donut in mostly one puff between 310-330F.

2 or 3 seconds after the button goes down, the donut temp is rising, when it's only one or two screen cycles away from protection (mid-upper 200's) I start drawing on my rig and I see the lighter, fractional (terpy?) vape start flowing, immediately followed by a hurricance gale of the rest of the THC and heavier compouds after.

With my typical loads, after the 4 second warmup time, maybe I get 4-6 seconds of thick vape production out of a small load. Then some wispy vape may follow.

Just in case I want to hit the vape flow for longer after it's reached temp, I have been pre-emptively cycling my fire button at the display of mid-200 (240, 260, 280F etc) so I can have 10 full seconds of milking the donut when it's near protection. That way I can try to vape up most of the load in 1 puff, and so I don't have my puff interrupted by 10-second protection.

With the v2.5 donut warmup time being near instant @ 25w, I never had a need to cycle my button before.

:o Oh damn vape snap! :lol: :D

Guys, remind me not to annoy Steven. :brow:

Magnets are fine for vapes. The evic VTC has 2 strong magnets for the battery case. (fernand knows this all too well.) Source and other attys use it for the mouthpiece. It's not a problem. But I wouldn't trust magnets to keep everything tight inside a stuffed pocket or backpack.

How would the magnets even be secured in the base or deck? Glue? More screws? :huh:

I don't have any problem with screws right now, but I do like the O-ring idea if we can get 2 really tight o-rings inside the metal base to hold the outer ceramic body. For most users this isn't much of an issue, but Steve is a power user. you're probably wanting to clean this thing in the car and out of the house alot? Options like o-rings could help the Stevens of the world keep their donuts and cups clean with less hassle

Anybody else have any ideas to improve the v3 design?

Not any major ideas yet, still exploring this thing. It would be nice to see either the ceramic cup or the outer ceramic housing to have some top airflow over the donut so we can try the crucible thing here?

I like the O-rings in the metal deck too. Some of these different part options can even be modular and compatible, so different users can have different size / airflow / fastening options but they all work together and are still V3 donuts?

Maybe an adjustable air throttle like the siaonara and many RTAs? But with the current air intake just being holes in the ceramic body, it would take a big redesign to offer this?

Hopefully they're already in the works and on-the-way, but I think the medium sized 10mm donuts might be the best spare part for the V3. I'm surely loving my new large donuts, more than the 2.5 so far, but sometimes it is more than I need for a session. There is a time and place for these large donuts surely, but such a large surface is not needed for a typical sesh.

I hope the medium donuts can still pack a big punch, taste great, be easy to load, but also can have a quicker ramp-up time and offer a few decent, reclaimy hits when broken in after a fresh reload that some guys like me and Steven like (most of the time?) so we don't have to reload so frequently?

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Can I respond to my own post? :) I'm shifting the topic on myself. Probably will be more than 10k characters when I start yappin off to myelf :haw:

Another thought: the new V3 donut transcends easy classification or genre-typing, like alot of good music.

The V3 donut is part e-nail, part RDA, part vape-pen atty.

The v2.5 was also all these things, but more vape pen, less e-nail. With the V3, it's surely more e-nail-ish in it's cloud potential and size now.

and now....

How bout s'more secksy time of the donut eeehhh? :brow: :drool: (a nice!) :tup:

And today, my donut models aren't even dirty! :clap: No need to hide! These are some initial loads for my new V3s.

GLL0XNg.jpg

Old rose-gold evic, new gram, new atty. This mod is assigned to sativa leaning crumbles and just started anew with some silver haze crumbles.

libNqW1.jpg

Black cuboid mini vapes indica crumbles for me. I've been working on this jar of "jah goo" for a couple months already :suspicious: :uhh:

s0Uy92c.jpg

Another steel mini cube is the other mod I keep for sativa honeycombs. This green crack has been pretty nice and tasty for the lower-mid grade end of my collection recently, I'm probably 2 months into it like the jah-goo above

t8k27Fb.jpg

And my good ol' big gray cuboid, has been on indica shatter duty for a long time for me. It's also been paired to this black domina shatter that has been semi-melted and reduced to a granular puddle that resembles live resin now.

I think my tool was dirty with a bit of reclaim to account for those dark spots on this clean load. Even my vape snobbery has practical limits.

/end_pr0n

More foolishness: I work in the field of HVAC, but vape is never far from my mind. I was bending some sheet metal straps to secure this duct, when the shape looked familiar to me....only for my FC'ers ;)

wt77ZdO.jpg

What I see here is the duct being strong...wanting to rebel! To offer resistance! :cuss::rant:

But the sheet metal strap is like...

:) nahh....chill out man! :smug: :chill: Breathe in...breathe out..... Ooohhhmmm....

Last edited:

Are you guys able to clean the bottom of the cup using heat alone? I have a big pool of oil at the bottom that constantly makes vapor if I get the donut glowing hot, but can never clear. When I first got my V3, the donut wasn't all the way down in the bottom of the cup, so I adjusted it, but still no luck. Is this normal, or could there be something wrong with this cup/donut set?

Quote,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Got the V3 in the mail today!

O6O1wD3.jpg

With a 245 TCR and a 320°F t° setting I got amazing tasty clouds but this machine is more an e-nail than a pen, I paint the fullmoon (donut) to get 1 full hit and a sort of "residue"hit . The vapor quality is amazing also! But , Matt, my stash will not resist to this sort of treatment.

Although I suppose a larger load will cool the t° and could help for sipping, did somebody tried to load a quarter of gram?

NimbusVapor

Are you guys able to clean the bottom of the cup using heat alone? I have a big pool of oil at the bottom that constantly makes vapor if I get the donut glowing hot, but can never clear. When I first got my V3, the donut wasn't all the way down in the bottom of the cup, so I adjusted it, but still no luck. Is this normal, or could there be something wrong with this cup/donut set?

Im not sure if this method works with the v3 but when my w9 1701 donut gets filled on the bottom beyond my liking , this is what I do.

Bump up the watts a little , heat the donut till its red . Then slowly tip your mod sideways so the atomizer in effect looks like a sideways barrel. Now slowly roll (rotate in a circular motion) the mod in your hands and allow the oil to pool up. When it is hot enough to be runny , either tip the mod upside down to dump out the oil or hold a q-tip inside the atty where it pooled up and then wipe the rest with the other side of the q-tip.

Works great for me , hopefully it works for you.....

Im not sure if this method works with the v3 but when my w9 1701 donut gets filled on the bottom beyond my liking , this is what I do.

Bump up the watts a little , heat the donut till its red . Then slowly tip your mod sideways so the atomizer in effect looks like a sideways barrel. Now slowly roll (rotate in a circular motion) the mod in your hands and allow the oil to pool up. When it is hot enough to be runny , either tip the mod upside down to dump out the oil or hold a q-tip inside the atty where it pooled up and then wipe the rest with the other side of the q-tip.

Works great for me , hopefully it works for you.....
Sounds good, I'll give it a shot. Thanks man.

Quote,

FX

No, I do a full breakdown and disassembly for scheduled cleanings and field strips in between.

When I adjusted my cup, I snipped a millimeter or two off of the bottom of the leads of the donut. The leads also caused the donut to sit up a little higher because the leads were bottoming out inside the posts of the deck. That may help you. Also, a few posts back I went into a little more detail about how the copper post can rise if pushed.

I would say all is normal and I just try to keep everything on the donut by having the mod and V3 vertical during sessions and after if still hot.

FX

@FX since you know what I'm talking about with the inhale rate and you like to experiment, may I ask you a few questions?

At tcr 245 25w at 400F I was able to produce good vapor but it was definitely harsher that when loading exact same amount in the v2.5. So decided to drop temp, but that didn't remedy the harshness. Now I dropped to tcr 245 22w and 400-420 and am getting bigger, smoother clouds than on the v2. 5. This is all done with a slower draw by the way. Even at a 3w difference, I felt a clear difference. Can you tell any difference when you change wattage since you seem to have tried a wide range. Or is the difference just a faster ramp up to temp for you? Just curious. Even when dropping down to 22w I noticed pre melting my wax was not as hot per every button push. Personally, the harshness is the main reason why I'd rather not up the heat

I get terrible tasting above 400. 350w seems right but I guess that could vary between mods. I'm not really sure how it reads the temp, but I would think material, density, etc of the atty could have an influence.

I shoot for the higher wattage to minimize ramp up time and negate the cooling from inhalation.

I can't honestly say whether I am producing good or bad vapor because I don't have anything to compare to. It's not quite as big as what Matt did in his video, but then again, I'd have half a lung hanging out if I tried that much LOL. The first one is nice, sometimes I get a decent second hit, and I call my third a "waste not, want not" hit. It's been doing the job but vapor hasn't been something I've tried to achieve. I'm sure if I used as much as you guys, I would produce a lot.

FX

Regarding the inhale rates, different settings, and people not getting adequate clouds like @mrbonsai420, I have a question for all you V3 donuters:

after you press the button down, how long are you waiting to start hitting on the mouthpiece?

We're mentioning the different warm-up times for the donut to reach protection at different wattages. Without providing airflow over the donut, it seems at least 6-7 seconds around 25w, and about 4 seconds around 32-35w. If the user is drawing over the mouthpiece during this temperature ramp up, it will take even longer.

If you just load it up and hold the button and mindlessly start hitting the mouthpiece right away, it's not gonna make any vape, it's not anywhere near the temp target you told it yet. The donut will take forever to reach temp, make meager vape, waste your oil, and you'll get mostly air. I don't know if anyone is doing this, sorry to insult yalls' intelligence if nobody is doing this :D But many new users have made sillier newb mistakes with the 2.5/2.7

FWIW, all my rips of the V3 have been wet, on my rigs so far; I can watch the screen easily while in use. At 32w now, I've been getting big rips at lower temps, still clearing the donut in mostly one puff between 310-330F.

2 or 3 seconds after the button goes down, the donut temp is rising, when it's only one or two screen cycles away from protection (mid-upper 200's) I start drawing on my rig and I see the lighter, fractional (terpy?) vape start flowing, immediately followed by a hurricance gale of the rest of the THC and heavier compouds after.

With my typical loads, after the 4 second warmup time, maybe I get 4-6 seconds of thick vape production out of a small load. Then some wispy vape may follow.

Just in case I want to hit the vape flow for longer after it's reached temp, I have been pre-emptively cycling my fire button at the display of mid-200 (240, 260, 280F etc) so I can have 10 full seconds of milking the donut when it's near protection. That way I can try to vape up most of the load in 1 puff, and so I don't have my puff interrupted by 10-second protection.

With the v2.5 donut warmup time being near instant @ 25w, I never had a need to cycle my button before.

:o Oh damn vape snap! :lol: :D

Guys, remind me not to annoy Steven. :brow:

Magnets are fine for vapes. The evic VTC has 2 strong magnets for the battery case. (fernand knows this all too well.) Source and other attys use it for the mouthpiece. It's not a problem. But I wouldn't trust magnets to keep everything tight inside a stuffed pocket or backpack.

How would the magnets even be secured in the base or deck? Glue? More screws? :huh:

I don't have any problem with screws right now, but I do like the O-ring idea if we can get 2 really tight o-rings inside the metal base to hold the outer ceramic body. For most users this isn't much of an issue, but Steve is a power user. you're probably wanting to clean this thing in the car and out of the house alot? Options like o-rings could help the Stevens of the world keep their donuts and cups clean with less hassle

Not any major ideas yet, still exploring this thing. It would be nice to see either the ceramic cup or the outer ceramic housing to have some top airflow over the donut so we can try the crucible thing here?

I like the O-rings in the metal deck too. Some of these different part options can even be modular and compatible, so different users can have different size / airflow / fastening options but they all work together and are still V3 donuts?

Maybe an adjustable air throttle like the siaonara and many RTAs? But with the current air intake just being holes in the ceramic body, it would take a big redesign to offer this?

Hopefully they're already in the works and on-the-way, but I think the medium sized 10mm donuts might be the best spare part for the V3. I'm surely loving my new large donuts, more than the 2.5 so far, but sometimes it is more than I need for a session. There is a time and place for these large donuts surely, but such a large surface is not needed for a typical sesh.

I hope the medium donuts can still pack a big punch, taste great, be easy to load, but also can have a quicker ramp-up time and offer a few decent, reclaimy hits when broken in after a fresh reload that some guys like me and Steven like (most of the time?) so we don't have to reload so frequently?

At 40w, I wait about a second or until I hear it doing its thing. Then I start to pull slow and increase speed as the temp rises. Very important to me: letting off the fire button early and continuing to draw for a few seconds while the donut cools back down.

FX

Sorry for all the replies, still learning the forum.

As for recommendations on the V3, I think a one-piece mouthpiece that mates to the deck with o-rings would be great. It's so much easier loading the deck and getting everything positioned on the donut where I want it with the base off. I found myself today removing the screws and using the base and the mouthpiece as one. I would just pull the whole thing off, load, and then slide it right back on. It sits very loosely though and I am going to figure out a way to make it a little more secure with the screws off. I would not recommend using it with the screws off unless you want to gamble with it sliding off and breaking.

FX,

When I adjusted my cup, I snipped a millimeter or two off of the bottom of the leads of the donut. The leads also caused the donut to sit up a little higher because the leads were bottoming out inside the posts of the deck.
Yeah I did that too. Definitely helped. Keep in mind, these things were assembled in China. Everyone in the factories there is overworked. Best to adjust these things ourselves if we want them to work well.

Quote,

whatavape

Engineering the stars since '01
I will have to crank it to 25W and see if vapor production increases - my calculations are (under)estimates so I'm not too afraid of the temps, and the vapor seems wispier than the v2.7, so maybe that will put it into 1-hit KO mode for me.

I didn't even make it to 25W... I started at 18.5W, going up in 1/2-watt increments... by the time I got to 22, the vapor was thick and the donut was getting too hot too fast (near-instant heat up to my target temp), so I backed off and have been using it at 20W. I'm still on the first donut, but I took it out tonight to clean in the morning.

By the dimensions I've taken, 12mm*2mm w/ 1mm walls would fit well beneath the outer sleeve, but I'm not certain on the height yet.. Hopefully we can find a manufacturer already making them in the right size!

Update: two sizes on the way. 7mm*2mm and 12mm*2mm are both heading here soon! I'll see how both fit... and report back!

whatavape,

NimbusVapor

I have to say, I am really loving the new v3. The size of the donut is perfect in my opinion.
I was so stoked to see how big the donut was when I first opened it up . I knew it was gonna be bigger but for some reason it exceeded what I had envisioned and I couldn't be happier.
I always used other donut attys in the past and wished they utilized bigger donuts for more surface area . My wish was granted with this one.

Airflow is pretty close to perfect without being adjustable. Cranking up the watts produces beautiful clouds that are very smooth. I've been rocking in temp control and havn't had a burnt rip yet. I think the extra surface area really allows for a less rapid but more thorough heating resulting in a much more enjoyable experience.

Not much of a learning curve with this one either , find your desired settings , load and enjoy!

Thank you to the previous posts for pointing out the tcr value of 245.

My current favorite setting is Cuboid mod , tcr 245 , 400* , 30 watts

Thank you Divine Tribe!

fernand

Is the $25 FC special over?
Seems the link no longer works.

Wow y'all cool pioneers are a hard-working bunch!
I can't wait to get the V3 that I ordered.
There are things I'd like to try to even out temp.
:tup: Thermocouples at the ready. :worms:

I'm more interested in being able to reliably
control vaporizing temperature than getting big clouds.

I still have a REAL MAN's oil rig for those big clouds :)

IMG_7896rc2lLt2_zpsb6341369.jpg

Actually that's a big torch, the perspective don't do it justice.

BTW, instead of o-rings on all these ceramic atomizers, if you have
some (standard heat resistant) silicone tubing, I've found that
slices of the tubing make good seals between the top and the base.
They can be cut to different widths that stick out more or less
out of the grooves, allowing more mix 'n match on the tops.

WKONE

Question: The screws in the posts are just for lead retention, correct? They aren't crucial to the operation of the atty?

WKONE,
Top Bottom