Divine Tribe atty's

erka

Hi i would like to know your feelin with the dry herb atty.Taste and efficiency.i'm searching something to remplace m'y storm.thanks for all and good vape

erka,

St0fxxx

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
I received my 2.7 atty's after around 9 days us-uk which is really good.

Firstly, thanks to Matt for marking the value as 4.99 which meant I wasn't stung by import tax.

I've used this little beast quite a lot since I received it. I have to say I'm very impressed with it so far.

It's discrete, looks just like any other atty so can easily toot on it whilst in public.

It works, what else can I say it works like a charm.

I have it configure at 11 watts and tc at 220c and I get nice little clouds out of it. I've never been one for huge clouds as I think I'm wasting it by blowing out all those unspent canabiniods.

A couple of downsides; The airflow is a little restricted feel like I'm trying to such a golf ball through a hose pipe. I'm sure this is just down to me being used to my nicotine atty which has massive airflow... I'm getting used to it, toot it slowly...

I seem to be getting splashes of oil inside the top half of the atty. I'm almost certain this is down to me sucking too hard during the first few goes on it.

Apart from those though its perfect for what I wanted, I would definitely recommend this to someone else who was looking for a sly way to oil on the go!

Well done Matt!

skyler544

Clockwork Murderer
I have it configure at 11 watts and tc at 220c and I get nice little clouds out of it. I've never been one for huge clouds as I think I'm wasting it by blowing out all those unspent canabiniods.

be careful using the tc at such a high temperature; I destroyed an atomizer on the eLeaf with excessive heating (trying to clean it) at 235c.

Goodfella

I think I may have resurrected one of my leaking atty's - I laid it on it's side on some parchment paper for a few days and there was a ton of reclaim that oozed out - did a few burn off and blow throughs, threough the vent holes and it seems back to normal.

I now only load a little bit at a time and haven't seen a leak again yet.

I have learned NEVER to touch the donut with anything in an attempt to scrape the black gunk. Every time I kill the atty. On my 4th after blowing out 2 cheapos from edabsdirect....whoops!

I watched the youtube video of how to clean it but stopped short of using ISO on it although I will watch the video again. Either way the atty is working well again and taste is good.

Just used the reddit discount to get the 2.7 and have some of those donut wicks coming too as I have been wanting to try those.

I am using the eleaf 40w tc. no problems after blowing up 2 of them because of being careless...I keep it in tc mode at 10 watts. - brought it up to 20w to do some burn offs.

How hard is it to replace the donut in the atty's that I blew it out? I will probably try that next.

Goodfella,

kernal6500

I think I may have resurrected one of my leaking atty's - I laid it on it's side on some parchment paper for a few days and there was a ton of reclaim that oozed out - did a few burn off and blow throughs, threough the vent holes and it seems back to normal.

I now only load a little bit at a time and haven't seen a leak again yet.

I have learned NEVER to touch the donut with anything in an attempt to scrape the black gunk. Every time I kill the atty. On my 4th after blowing out 2 cheapos from edabsdirect....whoops!

I watched the youtube video of how to clean it but stopped short of using ISO on it although I will watch the video again. Either way the atty is working well again and taste is good.

Just used the reddit discount to get the 2.7 and have some of those donut wicks coming too as I have been wanting to try those.

I am using the eleaf 40w tc. no problems after blowing up 2 of them because of being careless...I keep it in tc mode at 10 watts. - brought it up to 20w to do some burn offs.

How hard is it to replace the donut in the atty's that I blew it out? I will probably try that next.

I don't think u can replace them

kernal6500,

skyler544

Clockwork Murderer
is that just for people that want to build their own?
yeah; if you had a rebuildable mod you could just put the posts into the places where normally you'd thread through your kanthal wire or whatever then screw it down tight and add your cotton. with large enough terminal holes or one where you just wrap the wire around it you could add multiple

Also, one thing to keep in mind with the eLeaf 40w; setting watts doesn't change what watt value the TC mode uses. notice that it says 40w onscreen when in TC mode. I think that's why I blew two atomizers on the eLeaf as well

skyler544,

fernand

@OF I was measuring temp with a thermocouple and Big Yellow the Chinese 6802 meter. I was running it dry, no oil. Were you immersing yours in oil? My thermocouple wasn't wedged in, it was just resting against or under the donut, slipping. The controller hunts and the thermocouple moves: I'm not surprised the temp varies, and takes big and short enough jumps that if I set Big Yellow to storing the Max, it's not very meaningful. If I ran it with oil it would be a lot more even, but I wanted to put that off.

~~~~~~~~~~

I think @OF is right on the TC issue. The better devices operate with two limits, they apply power to the atomizer and back off as one of two limits is reached: 1) When the controller calculates that the power is reaching your Watts setting, AND 2) when it calculates that the Temperature is reaching your TC setting. Adjusting the two gets you to where you can just press go. Once you've found the ideal setting, you no longer have to concentrate on not damaging the atomizer. It's indeed like cruise control. And a good cruise control runs smoothly.

The mods that only have a temp setting apply power full blast until it hits target temp, then drops off, and then hits it hard again. Lots of jerking, and a risk of blowing the donut during the full power ascent.

Another issue is that different terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids all boil off at different temperatures. Going from smoking to vaporizing is a big change. At first people just replicate what they were doing before, and they don't even mind if the stuff burns. But after a while you realize how silly it is to burn these precious oils, and how different an effect you can get from the same concentrate at different temps. An Indica type strain at high temp is most sedating. A Sativa type strain at low temp is wakiest. And in between ? Lots of adventures.

~~~~~~~~
Truth be told, at least IMHO, the temp regulation of our "donut-on-a-TC-mod" method is unlikely to be as accurate or repeatable as say an oil pad in a convection vaporizer like a Solo or a Crafty. But it sure beats slammin' that oil with YoMamma watts and an on-off switch. And it's a lovely stealthy portable vape.

~~~~~~~~
I ordered a Joyetech VTC Mini - in (whooo!) White. Gotta try it with the not-DT e-bay deep-dish black base., it's gotta be a different alloy in the heater. Eciggity hopefully will be so fast I won't mind paying more than from China.

Last edited:
fernand,
Reactions: OF

Detonator

OK I've been using mine for a little over a week and this is what I've found...

Temp Control mean nothing.... My Mod does temp control for nickel but these are not nickel as far as I can tell so... ok

10 watts was weak barely a hit
12 Watts still weak

15 Watts ok I'm getting a hit but not Hot enough

18 Watts Better

20-22 Watts OK!!! Now it is hitting like a Champ.... Big Clouds get 2 good hits from a tiny dab... But just take 2-3 no more especially at those wattages

I think the golden rule to any e-cig type atty like this is to keep it wet so it doesn't pop... If you keep these wet with erl they seem to handel the higher wattages so far....But I only been using it for a week..

I love the way it looks like other e-cig stuff and not like my Vaped Globe with the glass see thru crack pipe look

20160321_090810_zpsvlxi3flk.jpg

20160321_090650_zpstmu2tfdh.jpg

OF

I think @OF is right on the TC issue. The better devices operate with two limits, they apply power to the atomizer and back off as one of two limits is reached: 1) When the controller calculates that the power is reaching your Watts setting, AND 2) when it calculates that the Temperature is reaching your TC setting. Adjusting the two gets you to where you can just press go. Once you've found the ideal setting, you no longer have to concentrate on not damaging the atomizer. It's indeed like cruise control. And a good cruise control runs smoothly.

I ordered a Joyetech VTC Mini - in (whooo!) White. Gotta try it with the not-DT e-bay deep-dish black base., it's gotta be a different alloy in the heater. Eciggity hopefully will be so fast I won't mind paying more than from China.

Not to read too much into it, 'lucky guess' covers it..... Besides I was about due.

One detail though, the power is limited from the very start at some level. Either 40 Watts like in the iStick TC40W (it starts at 40 Watts, full blast), others simply let us set that level lower. In all cases they use the reading of resistance and Ohm's law to calculate an applied voltage that will produce that power. You can see this happen as you change the power levels in power mode and notice the voltage readings following? Once running it re reads the resistance and recalculates dynamically as the resistance changes (you can see the current go down even though the power stays the same since the resistance is going up. By using something like the VTC Mini we can, as you suggest, limit the 'hard on the gas, hard on the brakes' and get good results.

Glad you're getting a VTC Mini to try out, I'd be most interested in what you find, please don't keep it a secret.

I'm not sure what to think about the DT 'clones' on DHGate and such. Seems to me the heater should be a doughnut, with a hole in the middle for gas to escape or all kinds of strange stuff is likely to happen under the plate? Be interested in your thoughts there as well.

Thanks for the update.

OK I've been using mine for a little over a week and this is what I've found...

Temp Control mean nothing.... My Mod does temp control for nickel but these are not nickel as far as I can tell so... ok

10 watts was weak barely a hit
12 Watts still weak

15 Watts ok I'm getting a hit but not Hot enough

18 Watts Better

20-22 Watts OK!!! Now it is hitting like a Champ.... Big Clouds get 2 good hits from a tiny dab... But just take 2-3 no more especially at those wattages

Great! Glad you're happy with your gear, but I cannot agree 'Temp Control mean(s) nothing'. I sure don't see that (that is I find it quite useful) and there are sure a lot of other guys on board......including Matt the maker of the DT? Rather I suggest you haven't found the right settings for it yet (I and a lot of others had that). It is in fact a Nickle alloy heater, confirmed by DT, just not the normal one used as a 'first choice' in e-cigs. Ours simply changes resistance faster than theirs (from an alloy POV). Units with no options (like Invader Mini) will still do fine, you just need to adjust the target temperature downward (since it changes faster....). IIRC it was about 240F on the Invader to work correctly with the default Ni values (Ni200?).

Earlier in this thread is some discussion of using vapes like the VTC Mini that let you custom load values for heater materials. Using values around 245 for the "M" value gets the display to read the doughnut temperature (so you can set '390F' for instance and get it). Provided you have the power set high enough to eventually get that hot (something over about 9 Watts?).

As to those powers, what can I say? While they might be just ducky for your needs, they a WAY OUT OF RANGE as specified by the maker and 'everyone' here abouts? The DT site is full of 'don't go over 11 Watts when new' (which modest increase for older ones), in fact those 'hitting like a champ' numbers are in the range where cautious use in cleaning is recommended on the DT page?

I'm not sure if those cautions (to keep temperature under control and lower) are driven by taste concerns, or not damaging the units (or both). Or even something else.

I don't doubt a bit you like the results you're getting, as you should, I just don't think either 'just ignore TC' or 'wick it up past 20 Watts for best vapor' are good advice for new/general users. Rather, I suggest guys 'read up' and see before copying wisdom from the web?

OF

erka

Something's not right here.....if it's really going into temperature protection with only 9 Watts it's not at 190C (which needs more power than 9 Watts). And if bumping the power up to 11 gets you more vapor (heat) it clearly wasn't in temperature protection mode (because more power should let it get to the limit faster, but should not be able to change the limit temperature? Once cruse control kicks in it doesn't matter how many HP you have on tap, the car isn't going faster......

What heater type are you using for the TC setting? TIA

In other news I just got a Divine Crossing (the all ceramic herb cart), couldn't pass up $24. Lots of fun so far. A couple of corrections for the specifications given in the video on the page (the only details I can find?):
http://ineedhemp.com/product/fcuserspecial1/

He's showing a prototype, so the production one I got might be a changed design but should be what you get? Isn't "10mm in diameter" like in the video, it's more like 8.8mm which means the pods from the FM won't fit for instance. My bowl is also loading .16 or .17 grams (about 1/6), not the ".6 grams" in the video. Like the video the iStick TC40W, VTC Mini and Cuboid mods I tried it on 'jump out of TC mode into VW mode on their own. I think this is becasue the heater used is Kanthal or some other 'zero temperature coefficient' alloy so the mod heats for a bit, sees no change, and reverts back to a safer mode. I've PM'd Matt to ask if that might be the case (and can we get it switched to something else). I don't think the mod is getting the temperature feedback it needs to regulate.

Still, you can run it 'open loop' like a VG, VM, Hammer, MFLB or any of a number of other quite popular and useful vapes. It just calls for some modest skills/experience I think.

Anyway, IMO $24 well spent if such stuff interests you. You do need a mod that will do at least 30 Watts......gives me a new use for my TC40W now that it's been replaced by TC mods for 'doughnut duty' with the DT atty.

OF
Hi
i see you test the dry herb atty , in open loop, what is your feeling with it ? Taste and efficiency ?
Thanks and good vape.

OF

Hi
i see you test the dry herb atty , in open loop, what is your feeling with it ? Taste and efficiency ?
Thanks and good vape.

I'm impressed with it's potential, impressed enough to quickly order a second one (before the price goes up again).

Because of the construction it can be outstanding in terms of taste and production, sure to please many I think, but that balance open loop is hard to control. It can be done but tit takes full attention (at least with me) to make it happen. It's not like say T2 or Cera in that respect, there are no '3 steps' to fall back on for guaranteed results.

I think all that could easily change with the proper mod to drive it. One that would allow TC instead of open loop running. Matt says some mods will do this, I have one off his list on order (a Kanger KBOX Mini) to check out......fingers crossed.

OF

Goodfella

I got my new 2.7 in the mail today - very fast!

What is the consensus on the little grey/black ceramic wick donuts? Are they necessary? It seems like it changes everything about what temp to use to get things going. I like the idea of it evenly distributing the wax but is it worth it? I am afraid to use this new one at higher than my usual 10 w but it seems like nothing is warming up at 10w.

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
Ni Mode Temp control always if your mod has it, STart low and move up to desired vapor, when temp mode is on most batteries will show in real time what the wattage is pulsing at. it seems its around 4w to 15w usually around 10w. please feel free to email me matt@ineedhemp.com for quick answers,
thanks
matt

Last edited:
divinetribe,

Bad Ocelot

I got my new 2.7 in the mail today - very fast!

What is the consensus on the little grey/black ceramic wick donuts? Are they necessary? It seems like it changes everything about what temp to use to get things going. I like the idea of it evenly distributing the wax but is it worth it? I am afraid to use this new one at higher than my usual 10 w but it seems like nothing is warming up at 10w.

I've been wondering this same thing. Got my 2.5 in the mail the other day but haven't had a chance to use it. I don't currently have any of those black ceramic wicks so will be trying without first.

Bad Ocelot,

erka

I'm impressed with it's potential, impressed enough to quickly order a second one (before the price goes up again).

Because of the construction it can be outstanding in terms of taste and production, sure to please many I think, but that balance open loop is hard to control. It can be done but tit takes full attention (at least with me) to make it happen. It's not like say T2 or Cera in that respect, there are no '3 steps' to fall back on for guaranteed results.

I think all that could easily change with the proper mod to drive it. One that would allow TC instead of open loop running. Matt says some mods will do this, I have one off his list on order (a Kanger KBOX Mini) to check out......fingers crossed.

OF
Thanks for your answer, i'll wait for your feedback to see if it work in TC mode with the kanger kbox.You speak about à list of compatible mod , where can i find it?thanks
Good vape

erka,

fernand

@OF I just got my Evic VTC mini from Eggitty, Hawaii to CA Priority mail, Sat -> Wed.

First impression confirms that Joyetech has ALWAYS been first class. I got a white one and it's a beauty. It's more compact than my KangXin and I love its magnet battery compartment. The regulator on the Evic VTC is a first class PID design. It reaches the temp target smoother and hunts less than the KangXin. I believe the Invader Mini and a few others work like the kangXin. Anybody who's done the "burn me, freeze me" dance in the shower in a cheap motel knows it takes a little finesse playing the hot/cold water taps to smooth in to that dream temperature.

Given the quality, the upgradeability and all the accrued experience here, the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini is probably THE mod to get for vaping erl, at least until we find something far better. Discounted below $40 it's a primo device.

Not sure where the variation comes from, but it's real. Everybody has to work out their ideal settings. Here is what I found, testing for only one hour with thermocouple and with IR Temp Gun (w/ emissivity set to 0.50). To get a temp on the donut averaging around 410 deg F, dry, no oil in atty:

With my DT 2.7 white base I set the Evic VTC to 12 watts and 280 deg F target temp.
With the e-bay black base donut atty I have to set the Evic VTC to 12 watts and 230 deg F target temp.

This is DRY, and using the Nickel curve -- with oil I haven't measured yet. I haven't experimented with the other presets. The way the resistance doesn't rise as much when hot with the black base e-bay donut confirms it's a different material from the DT one.

=============

Given that a digital temperature meter with thermocouple probes is around $20 delivered, it might make a good "investment" for anyone experimenting with this stuff. "Investment" is what you tell your wife when she asks what that charge on the bank card was.

==============

@erka I think Matt would be the first to admit that his DC Dry Herb unit, although better than the countless (and worthless) alleged 510-based dry herb vaporizers sold, still isn't likely to vaporize herbs as well/simply as the dedicated portable convection units like the Solo/Air, Firefly, Crafty, Mighty and even the conduction portables like the Pax. It's hard to generate and regulate a hot air flow unless temp feedback comes from the chamber, not the heater itself. The ideal mod would have a separate port for a temp sensor.

As to all the other 510 compatible stuff, a friend just got "the latest", a MigVapor Sub-Herb, and it's the same old story, unregulated herb burner with loose cooking o-rings and all. People want cheap and simple, end up wasting time and money. He's back to his Divine Crossings - way better. And the odd thing is that he's never been able to get satisfaction from a Solo, which thousands use daily -- even imaginary dopers in TV shows manage to use a Solo OK. Go figure.

OF

You speak about à list of compatible mod , where can i find it?
Good vape

Sorry, not my list to give out. Nor, I think, would I if it were......it would be third hand hearsay at that point (I got it from a guy who didn't personally test them, neither have I).

Until they're confirmed it's only a list of possibles at best.

I'd much rather stick to facts and observations. I've ordered that mod and intend to report the results I find testing it. As dependable/useful information as I can offer, which is how it should be if folks plan on basing buying decisions on it?

OF

zikzak

I received my Presa 75w Wismec mod this past weekend and have been observing it in comparison to my old IPV D2 when matched up with one of my various DT 2.5's. Sour diesel crumble and GSC oil being vaped...

I can't say enough about this mod, especially after the firmware update. It even has SS mode for those doing ecig double duty with their mods. This thing has yet to let me down and the whole one side of the chassis being the fire button, along with the nice *click* it makes when engaged. It's a natural fit in the hand and for discreet vaping of oil or whatever.

Thanks to previous members for turning me on to it, I had seen the RNA200 from Wisemec but did not know about a new Presa being out there... I encourage people to also look towards it as for 29-33$ range, it's hard to beat. Still, nice so many good options coming to market as I've seen my buddies VTC mini and as mentioned above in a post, it's rock solid as well. He's a serious vaper and doesn't do oil, but I know it's his preferred device among a sea of them.

Last edited:

Steven

I received my Presa 75w Wisemec mod this past weekend and have been observing it in comparison to my old IPV D2 when matched up with one of my various DT 2.5's. Sour diesel crumble and GSC oil being vaped...

I can't say enough about this mod, especially after the firmware update. It even has SS mode for those doing ecig double duty with their mods. This thing has yet to let me down and the whole one side of the chassis being the fire button, along with the nice *click* it makes when engaged. It's a natural fit in the hand and for discreet vaping of oil or whatever.

Thanks to previous members for turning me on to it, I had seen the RNA200 from Wisemec but did not know about a new Presa being out there... I encourage people to also look towards it as for 29-33$ range, it's hard to beat. Still, nice so many good options coming to market as I've seen my buddies VTC mini and as mentioned above in a post, it's rock solid as well. He's a serious vaper and doesn't do oil, but I know it's his preferred device among a sea of them.

Yea this is my favorite mod to date. I think the brand in general may be a Lil overlooked because it's not a big name like Joyetech or ipv. I believe it's a company in California that manufactures in China. It also has very close ties to Joyetech because they are using Joyetech's chip. But I agree in all areas, it's function, fit in hand, and that almighty power button is magnificent. If you compare this to the evic VT mini, I would say that the build quality is only a hair better than the wismec, but the wismec's power button equals the playing field

fernand

The e-bay black base unit I got has less airflow than the original DT 2.7. The 510 connector center hole barely lets any air in, many mods will block it, and the 510 side holes are missing.

=====================

It's funny that the Chinese mods with the most sophisticated features always "come with" more power. The fat 2-3 battery units might make sense for day-long capacity e-cigs, but I vape a lot of DIY flavored VG (kicked the nicotine by now), and I'm running 26-28 gauge Ti coils (both RDA and RTA). They give great billows at 10-15 watts, mostly 12. I still don't know who in the real world is vaping what at 100 or 200 watts and why. There's the guy with the allegedly 700 watt rig, all this macho "not for beginners" posturing. I like the guy who said just get a car battery.

Just a repeat to newcomers to vaping erl: don't waste money on high power. Huge clouds = waste, and high temps just decompose the goodies. If you find a mod that's got all the TC flexibility for different metals, upgradeable firmware and is only rated at 25 watts, that's plenty.

I don't why but a 40 watt spec seems "safer", so, OK, 40. But on a mod where you can set both Temp and Wattage limits, if I set it to 40 watts it takes off like a mountain bike down an elevator shaft and overshoots so hard it smolders before it realizes it's passed the temp target ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom