Divine Tribe atty's

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thx biz, what value do you have yours set at? I clicked the lock and set it at 0.750
TCR is the coil material - select it from the drop down and a box with a number should appear to the right - enter the TCR value in that box. I'm currently running a 13mm with a TCR of 470 with a power of 35w and temp limit of 380-400F.
Sounds like you are referring to the resistance of the donut which should be locked at room temperature for best results from temperature control. That value sounds like either a cold 10mm donut or a warmed up 13mm donut. Which one are you running? My cold 13mm measures around 0.49 ohms on my primo mini but a cold 10mm will measure about 0.70 ohms. Resistance should not be manually set - it should be detected by the mod and locked when the atomizer is cold. The resistance will increase when you are firing the donut, this is normal, and will take a few minutes to return to cold temperature, so if you lock the resistance when it's already hot or set it manually the locked value will be incorrect and TC will not perform correctly.

aka DaBigKahuna

Thank you very much Biz and everyone else for bearing with me eating up post space.

I have the stock donut on it that the v3 came with which I believe is 13mm

So if I am following along, I have this as a starting point for my settings as follows. I know this is a starting point and user preference varies so I can tweak as desired to fit my preferences.

Power = 35w
Resistance = 0.490 / Lock box next to it is unchecked
Mode = Temp Control - inside setup sub-menu USE PI is checked, range - 0, P=1000, I=20
Coil Material = TCR / value set to 470
Temp = 380

TCR is the coil material - select it from the drop down and a box with a number should appear to the right - enter the TCR value in that box. I'm currently running a 13mm with a TCR of 470 with a power of 35w and temp limit of 380-400F.
Sounds like you are referring to the resistance of the donut which should be locked at room temperature for best results from temperature control. That value sounds like either a cold 10mm donut or a warmed up 13mm donut. Which one are you running? My cold 13mm measures around 0.49 ohms on my primo mini but a cold 10mm will measure about 0.70 ohms. Resistance should not be manually set - it should be detected by the mod and locked when the atomizer is cold. The resistance will increase when you are firing the donut, this is normal, and will take a few minutes to return to cold temperature, so if you lock the resistance when it's already hot or set it manually the locked value will be incorrect and TC will not perform correctly.

OF

Is there another 510 atomizer that the experts recommend that I can use for multiple hits?

Yes, there are a couple of options I think. You need to replace the oil as it's 'burned up', meaning it has to not only hold more but feed it to the heater in a uniform manner. We want continuous vapor production over time?

IMO the champ at this is no longer made (of course....). The ThermoVape EO cart holds half a gram or more and can dispense it in dozens of 'sips' or HUGE hits. I watched an entire gram be consumed in something like 32 consecutive hits. It takes iron lungs to do that. It's smaller bothers (Revolution/DART) held much less, maybe 1/8 gram but would feed it in a uniform manner. Now only available as used.

Still available as new are the Hercules and Trinity. Both from Delta 9. Hercules has been with us for several years and has been steadily evolving to fight the leaks that seem to happen when one is pushing production as hard as possible. The latest models are reported to be much improved but not problem free (yet). It does best on harder ('stable') goods, runny concentrate finds a way to leak out fast.

Trinity might be the call for you. It's 'brand new' (less than a month out?), holds .7 grams (.5 recommended routine fill) and seems to dispense well without leaks or problems. So far anyway. It needs thinner stuff (has to flow, even if very slowly, at room temperature). All the rage ATM is mixing in a drop or two of (very expensive) terpenes to thin it out enough to flow and feed and give a huge boost in taste. Another model, able to deal with thicker concentrates, is coming. You might want to wonder over to the Persei thread where both carts are discussed?

I'm enjoying Trinity, getting to know it, but still think 'load small and often' with DC attys more suited to me. I'm OK with V3 but really like V2s personally.

Here's a Trinity on top of one of our favorite mods:
Mmewwiw.jpg

And here's one with a small WT:
CdfCNAm.jpg

Trinity is reported to work by having a porous SiC 'wick'. That Silicone Carbide, very hard stuff, the stuff you make really tough 'sand paper' from since it 'cuts' most everything else short of diamond. Very heat resistance, you make containers for melting metals from it. You can grind it and 'sintered' into a single piece:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sintering

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_carbide

It's basically inert but has tiny holes that soak up' the goods on one side and hold it in front of a hot Titanium element on the other. As concentrate is evaporated away, more soaks in from the outside. Must have taken a lot of engineering/testing to get right. But, fed the right stuff (and CO2 oils seem OK......) it chugs ring along hit after hit after hit. Pure enjoyment with no maintenance between hits.

So the cart has super tough ceramic, Titanium, glass, some SS in the structure (not hot) and a couple of Silicone rubber seals to keep the concentrate in. No welds or glue (like in V3 over V2). I'm sure purists somewhere object to something in there, but none of the 'known evil materials' seems involved.

At $15 each, if you have a suitable TCR mod already, it's a cheap experiment?

OF

Yes, there are a couple of options I think.

Thank you for the thorough assessment! I'm loving my Puffco+ for on the go, but the hercules looks interesting. I've read quite a bit about it and I hear that it's weak spot is post material, seems to burn through it quickly. I think I need to get my Puffco+ working on my pico in temp control mode :)

OF

I've read quite a bit about it and I hear that it's weak spot is post material, seems to burn through it quickly.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. It can be a bit fiddly to get working with a given concentrate but once it gets going it can deliver big time. Meaning it's eating your stash at that same rate.......no free rides. If you want it to come out, you have to put it in. Even if it doesn't leak.

I just couldn't make use of that. I don't do dabs, or chase clouds, I'm more of a sipper. I'm in no big hurry and don't have anything to prove with heroic hits anymore. Trinity is more my speed. I used to like Omicorn carts, which can hold up to a gram, but the glass wicks made leaking a problem, and many concentrates fouled the heater quickly and there was no effective way to clean them. Some carts had serious trouble by the second gram. Even being very careful not to overheat them.

Trinity seems to not suffer from that and delivers the sort of hits I'm looking for without drama.

OF

Steven

@OF if you are digging the trinity tanks, may I suggest you check out this thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/advanced-thc-e-juice-mods-tanks-coils-builds-recipes.20529/page-17. Check out my posts on the vaporesso veco tank. Imo, it's a bigger, better version of the trinity tank, vape710 carts, and the maxvapor carts. The vape710 and maxvapor carts are basically the same as the trinity tank with some small differences between them. If you are interested in the veco tank, I can recommend you an overnight delivery service that offers a slightly cut distillate that's works perfectly in the veco tank.

karmakid64

Hey guys what is the best 18650 battery out there right now? I have the LG HG2 but I heard the Sony VT6 is the one to get?

karmakid64,

t_o_k_e_p_h

Recently purchased Volcano M DNA75 and a DtV3. Looking for a bit of info to get going. I have read this thread in and out for weeks. Can anyone share there eScribe settings or point me to the page where this information exists. Will the settings bizwaxzion posted above work as a starting point? They're within range of all settings I've read to this point. Any help will be welcome and appreciated.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Recently purchased Volcano M DNA75 and a DtV3. Looking for a bit of info to get going. I have read this thread in and out for weeks. Can anyone share there eScribe settings or point me to the page where this information exists. Will the settings bizwaxzion posted above work as a starting point? They're within range of all settings I've read to this point. Any help will be welcome and appreciated.
Welcome to FC Listic. There are not a lot of DNA users here, you probably saw someone a quite a while back was working with escribe, but mostly we love our joyetech or istick mods with ArcticFox or myEvic firmware (even stock FW is good with the v3). That being said, I believe my settings should give you a firm starting point, it's just math after all, and I use those settings on 4 different mods (granted all use the same chipset). The only difference I see is the resistance measurements - my pico seems to read 0.05 ohms lower than my wismec or joyetech devices.

On an unrelated note - the recent build of ArcticFox includes 'live coil temp' as an option for the info lines so you can show a constant readout of the calculated coil temperature on the screen at all times.

t_o_k_e_p_h

Welcome to FC Listic. There are not a lot of DNA users here, you probably saw someone a quite a while back was working with escribe, but mostly we love our joyetech or istick mods with ArcticFox or myEvic firmware (even stock FW is good with the v3). That being said, I believe my settings should give you a firm starting point, it's just math after all, and I use those settings on 4 different mods (granted all use the same chipset). The only difference I see is the resistance measurements - my pico seems to read 0.05 ohms lower than my wismec or joyetech devices.

On an unrelated note - the recent build of ArcticFox includes 'live coil temp' as an option for the info lines so you can show a constant readout of the calculated coil temperature on the screen at all times.

Thanks for the welcoming response. I've actually been a silent lurker of these forums for 5+ years. FC is a treasure trove of information and thoughtful discussions from which I learned some amazing uses for ABV and helped me pull the trigger on an SSV amongst many other things.

I was sold on AF firmware and either an iStick Pico 25, Joyetech Vtc mini or a Reuleaux. I was leaning towards the Reuleaux simply for the sheer size of the device, being a burly man with impossibly enormous hands. I was swayed towards a DNA device after reading comments and reviews saying DNA chips blow Arctic Fox away and the DNA's Temp Control is supreme. Volcano had a deal on the Lavabox($39.99) which was too good to pass up. I thought it would be a good box mod to start with. I understand that all the bells and whistles aren't really necessary for wax and AF will suffice my needs just fine. I guess I'll use the Volcano for on the go.

V.A.S. aside I will be in the market for a more sizable box mod for home useage. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Leaning towards an RX Gen3.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Hi, I have the Pico 75w, what's the benefit to me with the DTv3 of upgrading the firmware int he Pico? Who makes this firmware upgrade?
Check out https://nfeteam.org for ArcticFox firmware information. I use it because the PI regulation provides a much smoother power curve and exceptional temperature control. Additionally, the firmware is based on the "profile" concept (settings saved per atomizer profile) and is configured via PC (way less button pushing on the mod) and comes with a device monitor that lets you watch/log live data while firing. One can also maintain a single configuration file that can be loaded on to any mod that supports AF. Screen layouts are customizable and vary from minimal to information overload. And... it's free.

Morty

Does anyone know if the DT V3 WPA will fit the Gen 2 510 ? That would be awesome to be able to use it w/ something like a PNWT.

Morty,
Reactions: OF

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Is there another 510 atomizer that the experts recommend that I can use for multiple hits?
Welcome.

I regularly get multiple hits off my V3 (10mm, occasionally 13mm).

I use CO2 oils, so I transfer some off the syringe onto the tool and paint the donut (I paint it fairly liberally).

How do you have your setup configured?

How do you have your setup configured?

Hi, I was using the painting method with a silicone dab tool, I got the hang of it after a few days. I like this method. 33w / 380 - 420. But now I'm trying out something I read on Reddit, the Firefly stainless concentrate disc fits perfectly into the well in the DTv3. I'm trying this out as of last night, but I think it;s going to take a while to see how well it works. Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/a/XtL37

I'd love to hear from anyone else using this method.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Check out https://nfeteam.org for ArcticFox firmware information. I use it because the PI regulation provides a much smoother power curve and exceptional temperature control. Additionally, the firmware is based on the "profile" concept (settings saved per atomizer profile) and is configured via PC (way less button pushing on the mod) and comes with a device monitor that lets you watch/log live data while firing. One can also maintain a single configuration file that can be loaded on to any mod that supports AF. Screen layouts are customizable and vary from minimal to information overload. And... it's free.
I'm really new to the Pico/V3/Sai thing, and so far have just been running mine with the standard setup. I went to this site, and there are two programs. Do I need both? If so, how does it work? Sorry for the noob questions....

aka DaBigKahuna

You really can't go wrong with either. I went with him some of tkh VT6 and have been happy with the performance.

Had the Primo Mini paired up with a V3 for about a week.

Taste is amazing and potency is on point. Very happy with how the setup. Small loads don't bother me at all with the benefit in taste, potency and not having having to buy more stupid atomizers that always go bad.

Ordered another primo mini and gong to order another v3 and hydrotube .

I like to always have a 2nd "daily driver" at the ready.

Hey guys what is the best 18650 battery out there right now? I have the LG HG2 but I heard the Sony VT6 is the one to get?

karmakid64

You really can't go wrong with either. I went with him some of tkh VT6 and have been happy with the performance.

Had the Primo Mini paired up with a V3 for about a week.

Taste is amazing and potency is on point. Very happy with how the setup. Small loads don't bother me at all with the benefit in taste, potency and not having having to buy more stupid atomizers that always go bad.

Ordered another primo mini and gong to order another v3 and hydrotube .

I like to always have a 2nd "daily driver" at the ready.

ok thanks! I use about half the LG battery after a day of use. my isitck used about 1/4 the battery but that one is a built in battery.

I'm still trying to find my V3's sweet spot I'm not finding it easy :(
I have a yocan evolve plus donut atty that is hitting great with this primo tho'

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I'm really new to the Pico/V3/Sai thing, and so far have just been running mine with the standard setup. I went to this site, and there are two programs. Do I need both? If so, how does it work? Sorry for the noob questions....
Yes, you will need both. The nfetools program is for flashing the firmware onto the mod and has the device monitor and configuration msnager. The other is the actual firmware. There are install instructions on the forum, but the process is pretty simple.

OF

Does anyone know if the DT V3 WPA will fit the Gen 2 510 ? That would be awesome to be able to use it w/ something like a PNWT.

No, it will not. The herb cart is bigger in diameter.

You can, however, use Silicone tube to mate the MP on Gen 2 to a WT like the PNWT.

OF

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Yes, you will need both. The nfetools program is for flashing the firmware onto the mod and has the device monitor and configuration msnager. The other is the actual firmware. There are install instructions on the forum, but the process is pretty simple.
Thank you, I wasn't sure what was needed, and couldn't find directions on the site. When I click on the download button for AF, it takes me to a page with topics that look like a forum, but it's all numbers. Are these the different versions? And would I need to download just the top (most recent) one?

nickdanger,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Hi, I was using the painting method with a silicone dab tool, I got the hang of it after a few days. I like this method. 33w / 380 - 420. But now I'm trying out something I read on Reddit, the Firefly stainless concentrate disc fits perfectly into the well in the DTv3. I'm trying this out as of last night, but I think it;s going to take a while to see how well it works. Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/a/XtL37

I'd love to hear from anyone else using this method.

Someone has already probably beat me to this, but are you setting up for TCR? I forget which unit you bought. VapeDonkey seems to like the ArticFox software, I'll be loading mine with that and go to PID settings. My 10mm DT V3 I have setup as follows with the standard Joyetech software: 24W, TCR=280, 430F (typically). I'll be curious how quick-heating that mesh is and how it changes the donut performance.

Top Bottom