1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

dirty equipment

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by Jeppy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Jeppy

Jeppy JedHI Vaporist

I have a nephew who always wants me to come over to his house and vape, but his EQ bowl and whip are dirty as a toilet bowl. I buy the dude new whips and 2 weeks later they're dirty as shit. I vape thru them and I'm sneezing, eyes swelling up. Geez You have to have antibiotics on hand to vape with that guy! :puke:
    Tweek, kingofnull and Roger D like this.
  2. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

Come over with your own clean whip ;) I did that once at a guys house who got a dirty volcano, I bring my own valve & stuff once to show him what clean means and how enjoyable it is. All his chamber and valve were thick coated, a nightmare. I don't think he ever really cleaned it
    Cleanliness seems to be one the basics around here.. Unfortunately everyone isn't like that
    kingofnull and Jeppy like this.
  3. Jeppy

Jeppy JedHI Vaporist

I did that. Every new whip he ever got was from me. I wonder if vaping ever becomes as bad or worse than smoking? I know one thing, every time I get done vaping with that guy,,,the next morning my eyes are puffy, nose running, phlem, blek!
    kingofnull likes this.
  4. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

I meant bring you own clean whip that you take back when you go :tup: I would never puff on something dirty. You can try to make him understand it like "you need me to be yo mamma and clean that for you ?"
    kingofnull likes this.
  5. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I've vaped with people like that. I just don't understand it - I mean, I get that whips get dirty (ok so replace them), but the elbows and cyclone are so damn easy to keep clean...

If his cyclone is nasty too then don't even bring a whip. Bring your own vape.
    Roger D likes this.
  6. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

Haha, I'm scraping that oil and revaping it. It gets me blasted. No bad reactions. Probably I don't leave it THAT long, I'm not blowing into it etc, so it's pretty much clean vapor condensate imo. Right now my EQ whip has formed some nice drops of amber oil. That will be godly reclaim.
    kingofnull likes this.
  7. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Aye, I always scrape/reclaim my pieces before/during cleaning. It's just pure concentrated actives so I see no reason to waste it. But I'd rather scrape/reclaim THEN vape, not the other way around :)
  8. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

Reclaiming makes sense to me only if there is already thick coating. So you have to go the "other way around" before you can enjoy the reclaim.
    kingofnull likes this.
  9. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I just drop everything in a mason jar of ISO. Doesn't matter how clean or dirty it is because I save it all up for one big batch of cerebral wand hash :)
    Roger D likes this.
  10. Jeppy

Jeppy JedHI Vaporist

I took my HI a couple times with 10mm roasting tube and he kept letting the herb hit the screen, so I won't do that again. I'm definately not taking any glass over there.
  11. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict Staff Member

Almost sounds like "combuster's mentality" to me. :shrug: Smoking is a dirty habit.

We vapists all know that cleanliness is next to Godliness. That's why Sunday is glass cleaning day. :D
  12. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

Exactly,

Everyday is glass cleaning day :nod:

When you eat, you wouldn't take the previous day plate won't you ?
    Every morning after my shower, I clean my tool for my first bowl.

I used to simply rinse but now I really like it sparkly so I use some powder
    FLskwat, t-dub, kingofnull and 2 others like this.
  13. Jeppy

Jeppy JedHI Vaporist

You're right mom. Summed up in two words.
    t-dub, Roger D and momofthegoons like this.
  14. Jeppy

Jeppy JedHI Vaporist

The goofballis calling me right now. Wanting me to come over and vape. Don't get me wrong, that's my main nephew, and there is nobody I love more. Well,,,,I love my health more. :lol:
    momofthegoons likes this.
  15. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Amen . . . :bowdown:
    Puffers and Jeppy like this.
  16. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

I've got combuster buddies who are like that with their glass...
    They'll let the water go for a week (maybe more:shrug:) without changing it, basically, the. Water doesn't get changed unless its dark brow/almost black :puke:

For me, if the water isn't clear, it ain't clean...
    It kinda makes me cringe whenever they smoke when the waters that dirty :(
  17. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

For me once it starts taking on an odor. Usually after a few days vapor usage.
    farscaper likes this.
  18. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

To clarify, I'm talking about combustion water with my clarity rule.
    For vaping, I usually empty my piece at the end of a sesh, so it's always got fresh water.

Basically, for combustion: does the water have color to it, if yes, change.
    For vapor, would I drink that water if I'd left a cup of water out for the same amount of time, if no, change.

:tup:
    farscaper, Puffers and kingofnull like this.
  19. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

That's a good rule of thumb. I usually empty the bong before each use and pour fresh, but maybe its better if I empty after use.
  20. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

Hey, at least you guys know some other people that vape :lol:

:o just once a week?

My house may be a mess, but I already feel I'm sinning if I skip cleaning the bubbler for a day.

There are only 3 things that I always keep clean and organized in this man-cave of mine: my tool box, my vape stuff, and my harddrives :lol:
    FLskwat and Seek like this.
  21. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

I don't like to change water without doing a full wash but its still better that going through old water. I just did it for my first hits, I washed it twice yesterday, so.. Everyday my piece goes through vapors, alcohol, hot water and detergents.
    The taste is best when you just has cleaned everything, after one full session, specially when you vape it to the max, you can't get the subtleties of the first hit on your next bowl
  22. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning things, but I never let a miniature eco system develop, if you know what I mean. I also make sure I always clean and disinfect everything before and after I have guests. Just common courtesy.
    Puffers likes this.
  23. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Please remember that some of us "allow" our equipment to suffer degradations in order to answer questions of science :)
    OhTheAgony, kingofnull and Roger D like this.
  24. djonkoman

djonkoman Well-Known Member

I don't clean rigorously very often, but I do keep it sort of clean. used to refresh the water every moring, now it's often every few days but not everyday. and I scrape my glass UD-stem clean if it gets too dirty(bt just scraping, so most os gone but it isn't sparkly clean)

but I just now finished a full cleaning of my bong, downstem and glass UD-stem, all are sparkly clean now. so it's time to do something about that and make it dirty again:p
  25. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

That's what I tell my doctor when he asks why I'm so out of shape.
    t-dub, Roger D and momofthegoons like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors