Difference between SSV/DB and VaporBrothers heating element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinningchurro

tl;dr Is the DB/SSV heating element really "better" than the VB's heating element like they claim?

I'm in the market for a new vape in the near future. I've got a 2nd hand Noble Vapor VP-600 (I know, I know) whose temp knob was useless when I bought it (which seems to be a common issue after googing). I only paid 100 bucks for it and it still works, you just have to go through some hoops.

Anyways, I've been reading up on the Da Buddha and Silver Surfer vaporizers, and noticed in their comparison chart that they claim their heating element is some special ceramic method bullshit, and is better than the VaporBrother's Nichrom Wire ceramic heating element. Now, having recently read the thread where you guys discover that DB and SSV now outsource their parts/assembly/manufacture to China, and based on the fact that their word use in the chart is extremely biased in favor of their own company (no surprise there), is there any validity to their claim that their heating element is in fact better than the VaporBrother's? I know both are mineral heating elements, but they imply that the hot air in the VB passes through electronics.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the VB (thinking about dark coffee and hands free).

Edit: I have a 2nd question and figured it'd be a waste of a thread if I made a new one: logic dictates that due to the lack of carcinogens and tar, holding vaporized hits indefinitely (ghosting hits) would have no negative consequences, correct? Seems doing anything other than holding your vaped hits for at least 5 seconds (I prefer 8- whether it's combusted or vaporized) would be counterproductive to being efficient.

Also, shout-out to any 420chan posters on here. I see Mezzrow.

spinningchurro,

stinkmeaner

Vapor brothers upgraded their heating element a while back to a honeycomb ceramic design, I have used the old style and it was fine so I imagine the new one is on par or better. The SSV just has a plain ceramic cartridge heater but it does a good job with it.

You better believe all of these companies are using parts made in China, that's just where these kind of things are made (cartridge heaters, plugs, wiring, thermostats, etc.)
Efficiency will probably be about the same, the SSV will be more durable due to the way it is made (all aluminum housing vs wood), I hear some companies are offering a Silver Surfer for around $199, seems like a good deal and you will probably be happier with it.

stinkmeaner,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Hello I can explain our heater a little bit. And our vape...

Nichrome wire... nope.

The Vaporbrothers heater is the first of it's kind, a melted together ceramic wafer, rock hard and non porous. It cost us some serious bucks to develop and make, not just the carefully selected material, but the quality testing and trashing of any parts that don't meet our standards.

Some aspect of our heater's design gives a smoother tasting hit but I'd rather not give that away.

We can say that of all the vapes that sprouted after we came onto the scene, SSV & DBV have the least troublesome heater of all and we don't see problems with them.

I answered a bunch of concerns at http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1816

For your 2nd question, I'd advise not to hold it in too long. First of all, vaporizing when done properly is so crazy efficient that you can afford to blow the vapor out and take another any time.

Btw & fyi, if we didn't assemble in our town I wouldn't guarantee anything great. Gotta watch over that stuff or else it gets way out of hand. Take care everybody,

L.V.

vaporbrothers,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom