Did i ruin my ABV?

MegaMan2k

Hey i tried to make some Cannabutter, from my AVB. (vaped on volcano on 7, only vaped once and then set a side for making the butter)

It was like 150 grams of AVB, i put that on the stove with melted butter and some water in it (or it wouldnt mix up because there was so much bud)

I let it boil a little and simmer alittle, since i forgot it. I think it was only on the stove for like 30 min. then i filtered it and cooled it down so that the water seperated from the butter, stashed butter in fridge.

So my question is, Was this long enough to actually activate the butter? and did i kill off the active compounds when i forgot it briefly and it went to boiling?

MegaMan2k,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@MegaMan2k Test it out just a teaspoon at a time. Then wait an hour and a half and try another teaspoon if you don't feel anything. Mix it up with some peanut butter. If it boiled very long you may have overdid it with the heat. You might be surprised though. Don't boil just simmer. Also get a candy thermometer.

Get back to the thread and let us know what happened. Just make sure you don't have anything important planned, just in case you get really waisted. No driving or taking care of small children or puppies.

MegaMan2k

oke i was afraid it was gonna be total ruined, might not be the case then since well it didnt "boil" for that long.

Will test out in the morning before vaping or anything like that so i will know for sure :D

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: Squiby

C No Ego

oke i was afraid it was gonna be total ruined, might not be the case then since well it didnt "boil" for that long.

Will test out in the morning before vaping or anything like that so i will know for sure :D
ABV is already activated and needs no more heat... you can add it to anything cold and it still works... just make sure and add lots of good fats to it so there is binding of the thc etc...

C No Ego,

MegaMan2k

Hmmm It seems to have "some" effect but im not sure if its optimal, maybe i did actually boil some of good stuff out of there lol...

i just tried it in tea so far, gonna bake brownie with rest.

also.. i found a piece of black plastic in my avb while it was boiling (didnt check the avb before using it) u think that is bad? like it might have leeched some bad stuff into my butter?

MegaMan2k,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
THC is not water soluble. It will not dissolve in water. It will dissolve in fat. Some folks add lecithin to the butter to increase the ability for a person to absorb the THC . Many will simmer up to twelve hours to allow for maximum absorption. Personally, I put the fat, ABV, and lecithin in a Mason jar and place the jar in simmering water in a slow cooker for at least 12 hours.

There are many ways to get to the same place.

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: Squiby

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hmmm It seems to have "some" effect but im not sure if its optimal, maybe i did actually boil some of good stuff out of there lol...

i just tried it in tea so far, gonna bake brownie with rest.

also.. i found a piece of black plastic in my avb while it was boiling (didnt check the avb before using it) u think that is bad? like it might have leeched some bad stuff into my butter?
Dude when vaping people are using temps around 200C ,do you really think that boiling at 90-100 C can further degrade a product that has already been heated at 200 C :)) .
From experience i need 2-3g worth of abv to get me where i want. Measure the weight of the butter and then divide it by 150 and you will really find out what is the concentration. for example if you used 300g butter that means that you will need 4-6g butter depending on tolerance.
@macbill I actually just found some substance called Lecithol which claims that can make it water soluble,but i have to read more about it. ( it has Alkohol, Sesamöl, Polysorbat 80 (E433 - ein z.B. in Speiseeis verwendeter Emulgator), Lecithin und Pfefferminzöl. in it. )

MegaMan2k

Hey Abysmal Vapor, thats some very good information right there. When u put it like that- It made me realize that i might need to take a slightly bigger dose indeed.

Also the tea (small dose), i was like "meh" but it actually induced a very good night of sleep. Like way better than i usually sleep.

Hmm, will def experiment more with this.. Thanks...

MegaMan2k,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey Abysmal Vapor, thats some very good information right there. When u put it like that- It made me realize that i might need to take a slightly bigger dose indeed.

Also the tea (small dose), i was like "meh" but it actually induced a very good night of sleep. Like way better than i usually sleep.

Hmm, will def experiment more with this.. Thanks...
Have fun dude !
You can also add sunflower lecithin ,it contributes to better absorption :) . Soy also works but i am no fan of this particular culture.
http://fuckcombustion.com/search/51052007/?q=lecithin&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=10

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

sickmanfraud

ABV is already activated and needs no more heat... you can add it to anything cold and it still works... just make sure and add lots of good fats to it so there is binding of the thc etc...

Can you please point me to a source for your conclusion that AVB is activated? If an oven decarb is 40 minutes (240 F) what makes you so sure that 4-8 or even 15 minutes in a vape performs a complete decarb?

If you can point me to some test results I would be grateful.

Thanks

sickmanfraud,

C No Ego

Can you please point me to a source for your conclusion that AVB is activated? If an oven decarb is 40 minutes (240 F) what makes you so sure that 4-8 or even 15 minutes in a vape performs a complete decarb?

If you can point me to some test results I would be grateful.

Thanks
Yeah, I guess its not exact and I was really speaking for myself... when I'm done vaping @ high heat it is beyond decarbed, it's blackened... with enough abv used even from that black abv it still has some great effects @ like 7 or 8 grams used LOL... if you barely vape herb and quit then it could possibility not fully decarb... more heat may be needed... a light green herb would possibly not decarb fully... if it's brown or dark brown then most likely it is... the finer the grind too will determine how much air flow goes through the herb to decarb it... a full nug in the vape would not decarb as easy

Last edited:
C No Ego,
Top Bottom