Decarboxylization: what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-decarbing should help kill any molds before you inhale - biggest danger with vaping vs smoking. I don't do it though.

kelper,
It's my understanding that THC appears in different forms or precursors/biproducts in the plant and that they have different effects for example THCA is not psychoactive but still anti-imflammatory and neuroprotective whereas THC is certainly not neuroprotective but is definitely psychoactive, anti-emetic etc. on the other side is CBN which is a product of the oxidization of THC and it is purported to make you groggy, sedate.

With that in mind I figure the 'increased potency' makes sense to me but maybe just isn't the right semantic situation, 'different potency' might be better. Some people might prefer the less physical feeling high of straight up THC+THCA which would be higher in ratio to CBN in less cured or less decarboxylated weed, whereas someone elses favourite high (the word high is an inadequate description too imo) might be smoking and then taking an awesome nap.

This thread was kind of annoying to read, because it really did seem to devolve into attacking someone...it's not like anyone else was citing studies. Meowth uses casting doubt, it is super effective.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
All I have to offer to this thread, is that decarbing removes/releases a COOH group from the structure.

Also, I'm pretty sure the smell of ganja comes from the terpenoids/flavonoids... water-cured bud doesn't really smell like weed IME.

Quetzalcoatl,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This thread was kind of annoying to read, because it really did seem to devolve into attacking someone...it's not like anyone else was citing studies. Meowth uses casting doubt, it is super effective.

The only one who cited a study was me, but I don't think you thought I was the one being attacked. The only things luchiano cited were anecdotal quotes from people on the web. No one was attacking luchiano, we were taking issue with his assertions about chlorophyll, which really wasn't the topic. Since it had devolved into repetitious off-topic assertions, this thread should have been closed and moved to ABV, but it slipped through the cracks. I'll just fix that now.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom