DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

jofu

Shout out to DDave. Again!

So I ordered a new xlww as my other one got a small piece chipped out near the tip end. All my fault.
Anyways, when it shows up in the mailbox, there's an extra shorty ww in the box as well as a extra set of o-rings. What's up with that?! Probably got a bunch of squirrels hanging around the shipping & receiving dock, huh?

Thanks again DDave!

And on a side note, still going to keep the new VP around? Probably should. Just saying.

Gigsabits53

So I have done the proper testing of the water wand kit over the weekend. ;) The bubbler works great with a VC, perfect size, and a nice flared mouthpiece. Been using the long wand mostly as I already had a short wand. The long wand is fantastic for spinning when using a torch, I really like that.

I highly recommend. Great companion to the VC!!

Thanks DDave!!

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Shout out to DDave. Again!

So I ordered a new xlww as my other one got a small piece chipped out near the tip end. All my fault.
Anyways, when it shows up in the mailbox, there's an extra shorty ww in the box as well as a extra set of o-rings. What's up with that?! Probably got a bunch of squirrels hanging around the shipping & receiving dock, huh?

Thanks again DDave!

And on a side note, still going to keep the new VP around? Probably should. Just saying.

There's an unbelievable story behind this...

Starts out with this guy who told me not to rush his order... so as any good businessman would do, I took this order out back and put it under the tarp that covers the woodpile to keep it dry when it rains. Then I put a sign on top of the tarp that said "Non-Rush Orders".

As I turned around to head back in to the house, the same dude sends me an email message with such humor that it has me rolling on the ground laughing. All this racket near the tree by the woodpile happened to disturb a couple of squirrels who I employee for my inventory management. In their anger, they grab the only glass that would fit in their hands which happened to be the small water wands and threw them at me.

In the Battle of glass that followed, one of those short water wands must have made its way into that box.

The rest is history ( and a lot of experimenting with that wand)
Enjoy friend and thanks for the Epic laugh!

So I have done the proper testing of the water wand kit over the weekend. ;) The bubbler works great with a VC, perfect size, and a nice flared mouthpiece. Been using the long wand mostly as I already had a short wand. The long wand is fantastic for spinning when using a torch, I really like that.

I highly recommend. Great companion to the VC!!

Thanks DDave!!

Really great to hear you're liking the way the kit works with your vapcap!

The long wand and the shower head bubbler along with an SS vapcap tip, my daily driver.

Enjoy and may they serve you well!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Good reviews on FC and the video Troy did made my VAS act up so I felt I just had to have a water wand for my vapcap. When I couldn't decide which size to get, I said WTH and ordered both. :nod: Can't wait!
:rockon:

Just packed and booked carrier for pickup tomorrow morning!

You won't be disappointed, the water wands are a great piece of kit

Thanks for the kind words friend! :tup:

So @DDave, what's next?

I'm glad you asked! Every once in a while, I go over all mods to see if they can be improved. Focus is now on the glass wands of the Arizer kits.... also, possible new shorter additions. My glass guy is either going to QUIT out of FRUSTRATION and ask me to take a long walk off a short pier or he'll be celebrating? I've asked for a lot of changes and tighter controls over tolerance (however, I always ask for the latter!)

Stay tuned!

Newbiee

Greetings!

Found this forum in search to educate myself about vaping and extreme q

Waiting for ddave mod and researching for some other stuff for vaping.

What kind of grinder is recommended for ddave mod? fine or course?

Does type grinder really make that of a difference?

Thanks!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Greetings!

Found this forum in search to educate myself about vaping and extreme q

Waiting for ddave mod and researching for some other stuff for vaping.

What kind of grinder is recommended for ddave mod? fine or course?

Does type grinder really make that of a difference?

Thanks!
Greetings Friend and welcome!

You're definitely in the right place to learn about vaping and the eq.

In general, the EQ prefers a fine grind. In the kits I offer, that doesn't change until V3. (V2 uses basket filter screens, but of different size than stock). V3 is glass filtered and prefers coarse grind or no grind at all.

The type of grind will absolutely make a difference. Examples: In stock or DDave V2, a course grind will negatively impact vapor production. In DDave V3, a fine grind will cause herb bits to get past the filter and into the whip.

(With the kits I offer, the V2 pieces come included with the V3 kits.)

If you have other questions, please definitely post them.

Thanks,
DDave

Newbiee

Thanks DDave for the info, you are very helpful.

I am planning to get the V3 once it's in stock :)

Does elbow packing also apply to V3?

Can you recommend a couple of coarse grinders suitable for Extreme q?

I don't want to start any debate about grinders. I just would like to have a reference.

Thanks!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks DDave for the info, you are very helpful.

I am planning to get the V3 once it's in stock :)
Thanks and glad to help!

Hoping for a Friday delivery of glass pieces, fingers crossed.

Does elbow packing also apply to V3?
No, V3 is solely adapter loading. See the video here....

Can you recommend a couple of coarse grinders suitable for Extreme q?
Not by brand name, but the grinders I find that work the best for a coarse grind have what is called 'shark teeth' .. Like this pic. Not recommending this particular model, was first pic of these grinder teeth I could find.

Qaala-JL-139J-Zinc-Shark-Teeth-Herb-Grinders-with-Insect-3.jpg

FlavorChaser

Lover of all things KUSH
Got my two vapor wands (OG and Custom) this weekend. I've only used the OG so far and I must say I LOVE IT! The longer vapor path is just what I needed to smooth out the no carb monster hits. My vapcap will get much more use for sure now that I have these. Don't know why I waited to get on this train but glad I'm on it now. Choo Choo, All Aboard! Thanks DDave! :clap:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Got my two vapor wands (OG and Custom) this weekend. I've only used the OG so far and I must say I LOVE IT! The longer vapor path is just what I needed to smooth out the no carb monster hits. My vapcap will get much more use for sure now that I have these. Don't know why I waited to get on this train but glad I'm on it now. Choo Choo, All Aboard! Thanks DDave! :clap:
Glad to hear your loving the OG wand!

If my glass maker doesnt quit out of frustration at my most recent requests, there will be a few new models of wands released.

Currently awaiting prototypes of the new models so I can test them out. The ones that work as envisioned will become new offerings, and those that do not fare well in testing will never see the light of day. ;)

Enjoy the weekend!

kuzko

Any news on the cooling mouthpieces for the Tubo/Milaana/Splinter? Almost picked one up before they went out of stock.

kuzko,

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Good evening,

@DDave

Brand new here. To vaping, to the forum, to the DDave mod.

I've got a Complete V3 Basketless DDave mod on order. I'm still a little confused as to what exactly this includes at the time of my purchase. so

I've been smoking pot for 20 years. The later 10+ via shotties/poppers. Don't know if you're familiar with them or not, but they're dirty. Involve a metal stem, slice of a cigarette, and pot packed on top of it. Put the stem in a bong and 'pop' it through.... Like I said... Dirty.

So my wife and I got 2 Vapes. An Extreme Q and an ArGo on Black Friday 2018. We'd like to convert for health reasons.

I've been really trying to only use the Vapes. But I'm not yet getting the punch-you-in-the-face hits I'm looking for.

I'l hoping the DDave mod will help me out considering the rave reviews.

I'm only on page 4 of 24 of this thread, but I intend to read it through.
In the beginning, I saw a lot of people getting discounts for being members of this forum. If there's any discounts being applied for group members still, I'd love to get in on that. With the international conversion and shipping, it was basically 2x the listed price for Canada.

I've gone all in for vaping. I've ordered the Extreme Q soft case. The full DDave v3 mod kit, Extreme Q GonG adapter, a 3-in-1 water tool adapter for the ArGo. Sneaky Pete's C-150 globe...I want to stop combusting...

I've got 10 grams of vaped bud in 6 days. I think it's extracted fully, but I'm storing it just in case.
I habitually smoke around 2-4 grams/day between me and my wife.

How do I get smashed off my face with a vape?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Brand new here. To vaping, to the forum, to the DDave mod.
Welcome Friend, (the newness will wear off quickly, especially if you're hanging out on FC!).

Since you're trying to move away from smoking, let's target the powerful configurations of the Mod Kit.
  • The 18mm V2 (18mm/18mm Short Female/Female Cyclone bowl replacement, 18mm Wand, 18mm Basket screens). From start to finish, first preheat your vaporizer for at least 10 minutes before your session. Start on the higher end of the temp scale, 200-210c. The V2 pieces prefer a fine herb grind. Make sure your herbs are dry. The drier the better. Then take the ground herbs and gently tamp them into the basket screen that is installed on the end of the 18mm wand. Place that into the preheated adapter and be ready for a huge hit.
  • The 14mm V2 (same as listed for the 18mm above, except the adapter is 14/18mm and the other pieces are 14mm). All the same advice applies, except with this setup the dosage is much smaller. (Microdosing powerful hits).
  • 18mm V3 (18mm/18mm Short Female/Female Cyclone bowl replacement, 18mm glass filtered stem). This setup prefers a coarse grind. Here's a video demonstrating "cloud generation"..

With the mod kit, you should go through less herb. You can definitely give a shot at revaping the herb you've vaped already.

And keep in mind the documentation I provide is a great baseline with which to start on the quest to find your perfect Vape Session Parameters. The EQ is great for experimenting.

If you have questions, circle back and post them please. Great community full of helpful vapers!

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Welcome Friend, (the newness will wear off quickly, especially if you're hanging out on FC!).

Since you're trying to move away from smoking, let's target the powerful configurations of the Mod Kit.
  • The 18mm V2 (18mm/18mm Short Female/Female Cyclone bowl replacement, 18mm Wand, 18mm Basket screens). From start to finish, first preheat your vaporizer for at least 10 minutes before your session. Start on the higher end of the temp scale, 200-210c. The V2 pieces prefer a fine herb grind. Make sure your herbs are dry. The drier the better. Then take the ground herbs and gently tamp them into the basket screen that is installed on the end of the 18mm wand. Place that into the preheated adapter and be ready for a huge hit.
  • The 14mm V2 (same as listed for the 18mm above, except the adapter is 14/18mm and the other pieces are 14mm). All the same advice applies, except with this setup the dosage is much smaller. (Microdosing powerful hits).
  • 18mm V3 (18mm/18mm Short Female/Female Cyclone bowl replacement, 18mm glass filtered stem). This setup prefers a coarse grind. Here's a video demonstrating "cloud generation"..

With the mod kit, you should go through less herb. You can definitely give a shot at revaping the herb you've vaped already.

And keep in mind the documentation I provide is a great baseline with which to start on the quest to find your perfect Vape Session Parameters. The EQ is great for experimenting.

If you have questions, circle back and post them please. Great community full of helpful vapers!

I can't believe you got back so fast.

I'm hearing what you're saying, although I gotta get the parts before I try. The whole Canada Post striking issues may delay my delivery, which is frustrating.

I've watched all the available videos already.

I've got 2 contexts to deal with. Start of the day and done work.

Done work I can chill out, preheat whatever, do things on my own time. But in the beginning of the day, I don't have time to preheat for 10-15 minutes. I want to microdose a couple heavy hits then be out the door. What to do without the preheat time available?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I can't believe you got back so fast.
You tagged me friend, it's kind of like the Bat Signal... :)

The Canada Post Strike is very frustrating. And the timing couldn't be worse, riding on the shirt tails of legalization... Canada Post is sitting on many DDave Kits currently! :bang:

Regarding the morning preheat, if you want the quick performance you're describing, then you can't avoid it. Once you get your kit and experiment a bit, I am betting you will find it will worth the effort of setting an alarm 10 minutes early and powering up that EQ. :)

Altreac

Newb Vaper
You tagged me friend, it's kind of like the Bat Signal... :)

The Canada Post Strike is very frustrating. And the timing couldn't be worse, riding on the shirt tails of legalization... Canada Post is sitting on many DDave Kits currently! :bang:

Regarding the morning preheat, if you want the quick performance you're describing, then you can't avoid it. Once you get your kit and experiment a bit, I am betting you will find it will worth the effort of setting an alarm 10 minutes early and powering up that EQ. :)

I'm super excited to learn the nuances.
I've already gone from... well...I never really counted, but a lot of shotties per day to...3 so far today. And the last couple days as well.

I haven't been able to break my morning routine of 2 yet, because of the timing factors, but I've managed only 1 later in the day. For a few days in a row.

And my goodness... Vaping tastes amazing! I don't enjoy the taste of my shotties any more, even after only a few days.

So this whole experience is confusing for me.

Support is appreciated.

sonti

@Altreac My advice would be to preheat the glass (no herb in it) on a high temp with the fan blowing strong for just a couple minutes. Always worked for me when I was in a rush.

Also It doesn't hurt to try and find out how much pre-heating is necessary for you to get a satisfying first draw. Worst thing is it wont extract fully, you can just wait a few more minutes and completely the same herb anyway

You could also try the remote I guess!

Altreac

Newb Vaper
I've got on the fan tip to speed up heating fou sure. It definitely helps.
Thanks!
Still need my mod kit for microdosing. I just can't get the stock EQ to work well with small loads. No issues when she and I are chilling, we can load the cyclone, fill up a few balloons. But it's just no good for the mornings.

My wife and I are now fully vaping. She stopped combusting a couple days before me, but I haven't had a shottie in 4 or 5 days. We're definitely trying.

We're figuring out how the EQ and ArGo work... Slowly tuning in to what we're looking for.

Still not quite where I want to be yet, but things are getting better for sure. I can say I know for sure now that a) you can get strong effects from vaping and b) vaping is more economical.
We're still consuming at the same regular intervals, but the product is being consumed at a significantly slower rate. So I've already saved a 'couple' bucks, not factoring the initial investment. And the initial is our Christmas present to ourselves this year.

With work, I've achieved the effect I'm looking for, now I'm working on timeframe.

I have been in contact with DDave. Need I say more there...DDave is awesome.

My complete V3 mod kit is on its way. I'm watching the tracking multiple times per day. There have been service interruptions in Canada with Canada Post, so it could be a while before it gets here. Which really sucks.

But it's kinda been working like this for me...I wish I had... Oh s**t, I've already ordered that...
I kinda order the DDave kit on faith from reviews. But it seems like everything I want is included. I'm really excited about the basketless parts especially.

I suppose for my mornings, I can budget the time for the preheat, but I only want a microdose. And with my current equipment I either can't, or haven't figured out how. But parts are inbound.

@Altreac My advice would be to preheat the glass (no herb in it) on a high temp with the fan blowing strong for just a couple minutes. Always worked for me when I was in a rush.

Also It doesn't hurt to try and find out how much pre-heating is necessary for you to get a satisfying first draw. Worst thing is it wont extract fully, you can just wait a few more minutes and completely the same herb anyway

You could also try the remote I guess!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Thanks!
Still need my mod kit for microdosing. I just can't get the stock EQ to work well with small loads. No issues when she and I are chilling, we can load the cyclone, fill up a few balloons. But it's just no good for the mornings.

My wife and I are now fully vaping. She stopped combusting a couple days before me, but I haven't had a shottie in 4 or 5 days. We're definitely trying.

We're figuring out how the EQ and ArGo work... Slowly tuning in to what we're looking for.

Still not quite where I want to be yet, but things are getting better for sure. I can say I know for sure now that a) you can get strong effects from vaping and b) vaping is more economical.
We're still consuming at the same regular intervals, but the product is being consumed at a significantly slower rate. So I've already saved a 'couple' bucks, not factoring the initial investment. And the initial is our Christmas present to ourselves this year.

With work, I've achieved the effect I'm looking for, now I'm working on timeframe.

My complete V3 mod kit is on its way. I'm watching the tracking multiple times per day. There have been service interruptions in Canada with Canada Post, so it could be a while before it gets here. Which really sucks.

But it's kinda been working like this for me...I wish I had... Oh s**t, I've already ordered that...
I kinda order the DDave kit on faith from reviews. But it seems like everything I want is included. I'm really excited about the basketless parts especially.

I suppose for my mornings, I can budget the time for the preheat, but I only want a microdose. And with my current equipment I either can't, or haven't figured out how. But parts are inbound.
Next thing you know you will be amazed at how awesome your @DDave kit is, and how much improved the performance of your Arizer Extreme Q will be. Then you will be telling everyone about it. Welcome to the @DDave fan club.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words friend! You're going to be amazed and the dosage control you will gain, in addition to even more herb savings than you can imagine possible.

The Canada Shipping Issues recently are making me :cry: nightly! Some of my kits are currently aging well in some room of the Canada Post while huge decisions are being made elsewhere... It's all very :ugh:!

I have no way of putting a positive spin on this topic!

However, once the kit arrives.... :razz:

Next thing you know you will be amazed at how awesome your @DDave kit is, and how much improved the performance of your Arizer Extreme Q will be. Then you will be telling everyone about it. Welcome to the @DDave fan club.
Thanks @Madri-Gal you are way too kind!

Your membership has been automatically renewed.

Altreac

Newb Vaper
So.... While waiting for my mod kit. (At absolutely no fault of Ddave's) I'm not expecting to get my kit until into the new year... Maybe well into the new year. Damn Canada Post.

I've been following another order of mine from within Canada. Not even international. It was 'due' Dec 15th.

Top Bottom