DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

dusdat

I know what you mean, sometimes I forget when my bag is filled up (still hanging on the EQ).
After a while the vapor gets absolutely disgusting, thats why I try to use the bag as soon it's filled up.

Yesterday I ordered the all glas mini whip balloon set, somewhat regretting that decision now that I know about the ddave mod kit...

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Can the mod kit be used for balloons on the eq?
Hey @dusdat

Absolutely can!

With just the adapters, you can use standard Arizer elbow or newer Arizer provided bag pieces.

With wands, you may need to make a way to attach the bags, or use some of the silicone hose from a kit (lots provide 2.5 feet of tubing) to interface to glass or other..

Welcome to the thread!

:rockon:

absoludicrous

Even when I'm medicated, I'm still a little OCD. Wand packing (like elbow packing) seems to keep everything nice and clean for me. I wasn't able to keep the little bits of material from falling through the cyclone screen when I cyclone pack. It may be because my grinder is grinding it too fine. But until I get a different grinder, I'm pretty happy with the wand pack. My go to is the 18mm as it doesn't feel very restrictive at all, even when I'm packing it pretty tight around .08 g.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I completely get that. I hated the bits falling through old cyclone. I'm very ocd too I think. Even if you don't grind to fine it still happens because as the herb heats and becomes brittle, bits fall off. That teamed with the cyclone movereat of the herb resulted it small bits falling through onto heater. Drove me mad. Ddave screen are so much better. Im getting so confident with it now that I can vape blind in the dark. No need to keep checking heater for bits and blowing it. I like to pack my adapter all the way so no herb moves too much anyway. Like a big elbow pack in the small adapter.

Would be nice to have some scales to measure out small amounts but I cant keep jars of weed and scales in the same house. Mr police man may think I'm dealing.

jlive11

usMzgVL.jpg
Last night decided to experiment and hook up a 14mm ash catcher perc. I attached the 18mm ddave to the stock elbows and into the 14mm perc with a 14mm to 18mm adapter. Surprisingly this worked really well, the wife and I loved the smoothness and made it easier to consume huge ddave adapter clouds without getting choked out!!
Excited to try the ddave 18mm wand in the vape over to the 14mm wand which I will put in the perc once my 14mm kit arrives.
I am sure this setup will kick some ash! Haha thanks ddave!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
usMzgVL.jpg
Last night decided to experiment and hook up a 14mm ash catcher perc. I attached the 18mm ddave to the stock elbows and into the 14mm perc with a 14mm to 18mm adapter. Surprisingly this worked really well, the wife and I loved the smoothness and made it easier to consume huge ddave adapter clouds without getting choked out!!
Excited to try the ddave 18mm wand in the vape over to the 14mm wand which I will put in the perc once my 14mm kit arrives.
I am sure this setup will kick some ash! Haha thanks ddave!
Nice shot! Short path to the water...I like it!

When you get switch out adapters for wands, I think you'll like the wide open airpath! Even one wand on the 18mm EQ end and your elbow/ash catcher on the other will offer a surprising change up.

Glad you're both enjoying! Thanks for the awesome pic and feedback!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I made some iso hash today as I normally do. But the difference is that this time it's from 2 weeks of cleaning ddave kit rather than stock parts. The resulting hash was much much better quality. More like caramel.
I vaped some 2 hours ago and it knocked my socks off. This is definately a night time vape.
I put the results down to a better quality of screen in the kit, so you end up with more oil and less particles.
Can't wait to vape a big gooey lump of it at 9 o'clock. Mmmmm.

mozza5595

Hi all. :wave: Been lurking in the vape clouds on here and thanks all for some great advice about vaping/EQ. Got one about a month ago and i'm v.impressed! ;) Just ordered the DDave mod , although i find stock pretty good, after reading posts on FC theres gotta be something in DDaves wizardy!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@mozza5595 ,

Welcome to FC and the EQ family as well!

Stock, the EQ is a wonderful vape, once modified a really awesome performer, casual flavor producer, and/or herb conserver.

Hope you enjoy your kit and looking forward to your feedback and contributions in this non-combustable community!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I received my 14mm kit today. I'm looking forward to getting home to test it out.
Over the last 2 weeks iv really got to grips with the 18mm kit. And I love it so much I think I'll feel like I'm cheating on my 18mm kit. I can get a good one hit wonder from the 18 and I can get a good long session from it. So do I really need the 14? We will see. I am expecting better extraction with small amounts..
I will report back later with some results.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Just received my DDave Mod Kit. Came with 4 adapters and 2 wands with a bunch of screens and such. So far I really dig it. Not to mention the 14mm wand fits the Orbiter perfectly so I use it on there as well. The Power Session is exactly like that, a power session lol. Thanks @DDave for a killer kit bubba.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just received my DDave Mod Kit. Came with 4 adapters and 2 wands with a bunch of screens and such. So far I really dig it. Not to mention the 14mm wand fits the Orbiter perfectly so I use it on there as well. The Power Session is exactly like that, a power session lol. Thanks @DDave for a killer kit bubba.
@smutman

Thanks for letting me know of the safe arrival of your kit! Glad you like it so far!

The Orbiter you reference is that the MFLB Orbiter? Took a look at the MFLB Orbiter... I like it!

During your power session, did you do a Wand Pack or allow it to Auto-Pack (with short adapter)?

And is that a picture I see already of the clamp/adapter/wand I see already posted on your instagram... AWESOME! :bowdown: Nice photo!

Looking forward to hearing more as you have time/chance to test further. Enjoy! :rockon:

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
@smutman

Thanks for letting me know of the safe arrival of your kit! Glad you like it so far!

The Orbiter you reference is that the MFLB Orbiter? Took a look at the MFLB Orbiter... I like it!

During your power session, did you do a Wand Pack or allow it to Auto-Pack (with short adapter)?

And is that a picture I see already of the clamp/adapter/wand I see already posted on your instagram... AWESOME! :bowdown: Nice photo!

Looking forward to hearing more as you have time/chance to test further. Enjoy! :rockon:
Yea, the MFLB Orbiter. I put the VapeCode TN01 Portable Enail with a drop down on top and the 14mm wand on the side. I'm in the process of using every adapter with the wand and the regular elbow piece that comes with the EQ. I freaking love those short adapters with the wand, outstanding session like that. Yea I just posted that pic a little while ago on my IG. I'll get one up with the set up with the Orbiter tonight. Love the kit man. Well made, fits perfect and works perfect. Keep up the good work bubba. I'll let ya know my thoughts after a few times around of playing and experimenting. Soooo glad I got the pack with everything. I got some drop downs and gonna incorporate the VapeXhale Evo with it as well.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Yea, the MFLB Orbiter. I put the VapeCode TN01 Portable Enail with a drop down on top and the 14mm wand on the side. I'm in the process of using every adapter with the wand and the regular elbow piece that comes with the EQ. I freaking love those short adapters with the wand, outstanding session like that. Yea I just posted that pic a little while ago on my IG. I'll get one up with the set up with the Orbiter tonight. Love the kit man. Well made, fits perfect and works perfect. Keep up the good work bubba. I'll let ya know my thoughts after a few times around of playing and experimenting. Soooo glad I got the pack with everything. I got some drop downs and gonna incorporate the VapeXhale Evo with it as well.
Nice! Very interested in the pics of your setup. The Orbiter looks awesome!

I'd love to see what parts you're using on the VapeXhale Evo as well! There have been a few others who have PM'd on how they are using various pieces of the kit on other vapes with success, so adding another to my notes would be awesome!

absoludicrous

I received my 14mm kit today. I'm looking forward to getting home to test it out.
Over the last 2 weeks iv really got to grips with the 18mm kit. And I love it so much I think I'll feel like I'm cheating on my 18mm kit. I can get a good one hit wonder from the 18 and I can get a good long session from it. So do I really need the 14? We will see. I am expecting better extraction with small amounts..
I will report back later with some results.

I like the 14mm but I do enjoy how the 18mm feels a little less restrictive. I have an Air as a portable and I go to the Q when I feel like I want to sit on my butt for a while and and enjoy the free flowing Q. The 18mm setup is perfect for me.

There should be a warning when on the instructions that you should not pack it like you're used to. Also it has been said many times (but I still forgot about it) that the temps should be set lower than you're used to. On my first session, I wand packed it like my elbow pack and set the temp to 200 like I used to. I got so ripped I could barely function the rest of the night. It was great but a little intense. I guess I shouldn't complain about it being TOO efficient. I just had to adjust from there and love it now that I have found the right setup.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I like the 14mm but I do enjoy how the 18mm feels a little less restrictive.
Regarding the use of the 14mm setup, did you pack the basket or load the short adapter and allow the Auto-Pack to occur? With the Auto-Pack, the restriction is less.

There should be a warning when on the instructions that you should not pack it like you're used to. Also it has been said many times (but I still forgot about it) that the temps should be set lower than you're used to. On my first session, I wand packed it like my elbow pack and set the temp to 200 like I used to. I got so ripped I could barely function the rest of the night. It was great but a little intense. I guess I shouldn't complain about it being TOO efficient. I just had to adjust from there and love it now that I have found the right setup.
:bowdown: I am sorry, but I had an LOL moment when I first read this!!!! Your wording is great!

I can definitely add that to the instructions page! Would you mind helping me word it? I'm really tempted to use some of your wording above, with your permission of course!!! :wave:

In fact, anyone who wants to contribute, go for it!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I too received my 14mm kit yesterday to accompany my 18mm kit.
First of all delivery took 6 days to get from the far side of he states to the UK where I am. Everything about the ddave kit is efficient. Even the shipping.

I rushed home from work last night, eager to begin testing. I put the pieces on the eq and waited. But not as long as I'd wait with the 18mm. The 14 heats up much much quicker. Ready in a couple of minutes.

My first impression of the basket is, that's way too small for me. So I put a full load in, not tightly packed, left to perculate for a couple of minutes, then I hit it. I got one massive tasty cloud that was smoother than the 18 hits I get (less tickly). And that short sharp hit really did the job. So I did another.
This left me feeling very satisfied after using very little herb. I was not expecting the high to last as long because it was such a quick intense high. But it lasted just as long.

After a full nights testing, very enjoyable, iv come to my conclusion.

The 14 is great and will be used every day for my after work vape. I love the quick, clean hits. I can get high without disappearing for half hour, which is perfect for me as I'm a busy family man that works all day so I want to spend as much of my evening with the kids and missus as possible.
Then when 9 o'clock comes and the kids are all in bed. I can sit down and load an adapter in the 18 and relax and get truly shit faced. I can definately still get higher with the 18. The 18 is definitely still my favourable choice. But like I said the 14 makes me more diverse now.

So thank @DDave, you have made an improvement to my life, in more than one way, with your kit.

You deserve a rocking man. Your awesome!!!!

absoludicrous

Regarding the use of the 14mm setup, did you pack the basket or load the short adapter and allow the Auto-Pack to occur? With the Auto-Pack, the restriction is less.

:bowdown: I am sorry, but I had an LOL moment when I first read this!!!! Your wording is great!

I can definitely add that to the instructions page! Would you mind helping me word it? I'm really tempted to use some of your wording above, with your permission of course!!! :wave:

In fact, anyone who wants to contribute, go for it!

I tried both. I liked the way the short adapter and auto pack way. I just didn't like the little bits that fall through while the herb flies around inside the glass. I think I'm doing it right since it is the really fine stuff that falls through. It just drives me nuts and makes me a little paranoid that the little pieces falling through would be bad for the vape. But it is very tasty.

I didn't meant to be serious about the warning on the instructions but no joke, that first session was pretty intense in a good way. I like that your kit can let me chill and relax or get me totally blasted like what @kellya86 said above. I'm not really a good writer, but feel free to use anything i said above if you would like. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@absoludicrous, the bits falling into heater drove me mad. I don't rely have that problem with the ddave screens. I find that even if you don't grind fine, the drying of the herb teamed with the movement in the bowl lead to tiny parts falling through. I solve this by loading a loose but full adapter. So my herb only moves up a little but when I draw. I find this works really well for me, sort of like a big elbow pack. I get 6 good clouds from this method. And very high by the end.

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
this is how I got round the tube pinching issue.
Reinforcement is a great idea and a slight variation makes my setup less kinky :) and is easy to swap between 14 and 18mm
Once you get the reinforcing collar on, slide it about an inch along the main tube. Brute force works. Pro tip: A tiny bit of soap+water will act as a lubricant to make it slide easily. Just don't forget to wash it off...
Photograph shows it against your shot as a kind of comparison. Colours are actually the same but mine are badly lit!
IMG_20151021_211906.jpg

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Great advice. I will try tonight. Your tube definately looks more stable than mine.

I'm sure that reinforcement is the way. I don't like the clamp fix. Reminds me of the stock eq tube, where you have to be careful with it. I like the carelessness of the silicone hose.

What tube are you using. I didn't get on with the ddave tube so I use a smaller internal diameter and thicker side wall. I get my tube from vapefiend.com.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I tried both. I liked the way the short adapter and auto pack way. I just didn't like the little bits that fall through while the herb flies around inside the glass. I think I'm doing it right since it is the really fine stuff that falls through. It just drives me nuts and makes me a little paranoid that the little pieces falling through would be bad for the vape. But it is very tasty.

I didn't meant to be serious about the warning on the instructions but no joke, that first session was pretty intense in a good way. I like that your kit can let me chill and relax or get me totally blasted like what @kellya86 said above. I'm not really a good writer, but feel free to use anything i said above if you would like. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

@absoludicrous
What grinder are you using? I'm using an MFLB Nano grinder and didn't have any fall through the screen. Also, do you use a water tool that has any back-pressure at the end of a draw. Remote, but heard it can push bits through a screen when the pressure equalizes.

Regarding the addition to the included instructions, don't know if you've seen many of my posts in other threads, bit I love a good laugh! Had one when I read your comment on updating the instructions. Also thought it would be great to pass along both the laugh and the really good advice it contained. Thanks for giving me the OK to use. Watch for future updates.... :rockon:

@All
I'm definitely going to look into a thicker walled tubing. Will post once I can source. What about screens for the adapters? Any consensus on keeping the existing mesh or a finer mesh? Note, the finer mesh, by nature, is more restrictive and less sturdy than the screens in the kits. I've not decided, but maybe I'll include both so there's a choice of which to use.

Top Bottom