DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
wUso6XF.png

Thanks for finding that @Stu. I can now see why he is such a famous president. The Man was a visionary! I posted another of his famous quotes here. ;)

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@forkup
If you run into issues or have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Most common issue by those new to using an EQ is not allowing the unit to heat up before trying to use it. Allow the glass to heat for 15 mins minimum.

And lastly, thanks for the opportunity to help another! I will double-match your contribution for a total of $30 off a kit for someone in need.
@forkup

Quick update! (Though the events themselves happened a week and two ago).

Your contribution has resulted in two individuals receiving kits, who otherwise were unable to afford them.

A full kit received a $20 discount.
An 18mm kit received a $10 discount.

Thank you for helping make this possible! :rockon:

TomC1315

Do any of the "split kits" offered by DDave improve upon the stock cyclone bowl for filling balloons?

My current practice is to put a small amount, just enough to cover the screen, in the bowl (after a 10-15 min. warm-up) ... then fill the balloon on fan speed 1 with the temp around 365F / 185C

I believe I'm getting pretty good extraction, in that I need about 1/2 to 2/3 of a bowl of ABV (at around 383F / 195C) for a nice bag ... and a second attempt with the ABV doesn't yield much of anything.

But then again, maybe that's not such good extraction ... I'm only two months into vaping.

Anyway, I've been reading about the DDave gear all over FC, and wondered about balloons ... thanks :-)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Do any of the "split kits" offered by DDave improve upon the stock cyclone bowl for filling balloons?

My current practice is to put a small amount, just enough to cover the screen, in the bowl (after a 10-15 min. warm-up) ... then fill the balloon on fan speed 1 with the temp around 365F / 185C

I believe I'm getting pretty good extraction, in that I need about 1/2 to 2/3 of a bowl of ABV (at around 383F / 195C) for a nice bag ... and a second attempt with the ABV doesn't yield much of anything.

But then again, maybe that's not such good extraction ... I'm only two months into vaping.

Anyway, I've been reading about the DDave gear all over FC, and wondered about balloons ... thanks :-)
@TomC1315

I don't have direct experience with bags, though I've seen postings throughout the EQ thread of others using the mod with them.

I believe @CuckFumbustion uses/used bags and is a great resource in regards to experimenting with the EQ. I know he watches being "mentioned/tagged" in threads and should be able to provide a detailed and valuable response.

Thanks for inquiring into this, as it's a great topic for discussion! :rockon:

Just from a physics perspective, the extraction should be equal or better than the cyclone due to the fixed screen and conical bowl shape. The back-pressure from the screen should cause the heated air to raise more evenly through the entire area of the screen when compared to the angled cyclone bowl screen and should process your herbs evenly, to whatever level your normally take them.

(I think I just geeked-out! :razz: )

CuckFumbustion

The Full kit is the still the best bang for your buck IMO. Plus DDave can give you the latest deal as far as price. Since you are an FCer. Let him know you are interested.;)

But to answer your question, the 18mm mod kit with wand included has worked well for me for achieving un-disipated vapor. Which is my aim when it comes to filling bags.
The 'tip' screens (and round screens) are an huge improvement over the stock elbow screens, but only fit with the wand that comes with the mod kit. (or perhaps a generic 18mm wand?)
If you look through older posts, I took it to my 'lab' and did a full review of my results. Works fine as is. But I even Modded my DDave Mod.
$_57.JPG

@DDave, Heads up. I did a search for DDave and Ebay and got results for Reddit. Word is getting out.

The article pertaining to bags and some first impressions. Aug 29, 2015 #8579

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The Full kit is the still the best bang for your buck IMO. Plus DDave can give you the latest deal as far as price. Since you are an FCer. Let him know you are interested.;)

But to answer your question, the 18mm mod kit with wand included has worked well for me for achieving un-disipated vapor. Which is my aim when it comes to filling bags.
The 'tip' screens (and round screens) are an huge improvement over the stock elbow screens, but only fit with the wand that comes with the mod kit. (or perhaps a generic 18mm wand?)
If you look through older posts, I took it to my 'lab' and did a full review of my results. Works fine as is. But I even Modded my DDave Mod.
$_57.JPG

@DDave, Heads up. I did a search for DDave and Ebay and got results for Reddit. Word is getting out.

Thanks @CuckFumbustion

As always, your information is awesome! Thanks for chiming in on the bags info request!

( The gang on Reddit are a good bunch too! Not near the community that we have here at FC. I've received a lot of email inquiries on various aspects of the kit, usage, international shipping, etc... )

CuckFumbustion

How have you modded the mod. Just wondering.

It's ddaveday eve. It's also the eve of my harvest of my original amnesia girls. Tomorrow is an exiting day for me.

One example, I took the 18mm wand setup and placed a homemade silicone adapter on the top of the wand. I just take an 2 inch piece of hose and fold 1/3 of it over.
So the hose can slide over the wand and an F/F fitting will attach to thicker part of that 1/3 that was folded over.(Here is another thing I do with silicone hose for reinforcement.)
Essentially I can go modular and add any 18mm female fitting on top of the wand. So I place the standard EQ cyclone bowl on top with my homemade adapter so I can use the Female plug on top. I happen to have a cyclone bowl with the inside center ring broken off for such an occasion. Can slide it that much further down the wand. Then I can insert the standard whip hose on the cyclone bowl. During the middle of the session, I can remove the whip hose and replace it with a bag and finish the session. Yea, I can change from a whip to a balloon session in mid-stream while having all benefits from the DDave wand. Best of all three worlds. :tup:

Here is a pic where I use a downstem and my silicone adapter. The silicone tubing on the right is so I can grab the glass with my hands. This is an old pic BTW. Before I got my mod kit and had to venture on my own more. But I now have a pair of tongs because I own the full DDave kit. :rockon:So that is not an issue anymore. Still good for a little heat insulation tho.
Look @DDave a pic!:cool:
ZfNXMfv.jpg

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
One example, I took the 18mm wand setup and placed a homemade silicone adapter on the top of the wand. I just take an 2 inch piece of hose and fold 1/3 of it over.
So the hose can slide over the wand and an F/F fitting will attach to thicker part of that 1/3 that was folded over.(Here is another thing I do with silicone hose for reinforcement.)
Essentially I can go modular and add any 18mm female fitting on top of the wand. So I place the standard EQ cyclone bowl on top with my homemade adapter so I can use the Female plug on top. I happen to have a cyclone bowl with the inside center ring broken off for such an occasion. Can slide it that much further down the wand. Then I can insert the standard whip hose on the cyclone bowl. During the middle of the session, I can remove the whip hose and replace it with a bag and finish the session. Yea, I can change from a whip to a balloon session in mid-stream while having all benefits from the DDave wand. Best of all three worlds. :tup:

Here is a pic where I use a downstem and my silicone adapter. The silicone tubing on the right is so I can grab the glass with my hands. This is an old pic BTW. Before I got my mod kit and had to venture on my own more. But I now have a pair of tongs because I own the full DDave kit. :rockon:So that is not an issue anymore. Still good for a little heat insulation tho.
Look @DDave a pic!:cool:
ZfNXMfv.jpg
@CuckFumbustion
Nice Write-up!

Seriously, you need to open a ResearchLab!!!!! :nod:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
EQ'ers WorldWide,

9/23 has officially started on Kiribati's easternmost islands, the southern Line Islands south of Hawaii. Actually, it's been going on for approx 6 hours, who'd have known? :shrug:

- Free Random Additional Piece Day is now in session! (Just love the word "session"!!!!) :rockon:

All kits ordered for the next 24 hours will receive this special offer!

Vape On!

Edit: Does USPS even deliver to Kiribati? Is it inhabited? :hmm:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm so exited, can't wait for my kit to arrive. I wasn't this exited waiting for the eq itself to turn up. But that was caus I didn't know what to expect, now I know how amazing vaping is. I love the endless possibilities for the way you vape, the equipment you use, and the recycling of product.
Happy ddaveday

Nugg

My mod kit arrived on Monday afternoon :rockon:

I love the wands!! I'm trying to get them dirty enough that they will hold a hemp fiber filter.

Everything is such an improvement from stock. I have been using the power/elbow pack method. Almost instant vapor compared to the stock set up that would take a few seconds. It's lots of fun to watch the vapor streaming up the wands too.

I'll hopefully get a lot of testing in tonight and maybe even some photos to post up tomorrow.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My mod kit arrived on Monday afternoon :rockon:

I love the wands!! I'm trying to get them dirty enough that they will hold a hemp fiber filter.

Everything is such an improvement from stock. I have been using the power/elbow pack method. Almost instant vapor compared to the stock set up that would take a few seconds. It's lots of fun to watch the vapor streaming up the wands too.

I'll hopefully get a lot of testing in tonight and maybe even some photos to post up tomorrow.
@Nugg, Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear all arrived safely!!! :tup:

Have fun testing! :science: (I know I did!)

Looking forward to hearing of your test results and pics of how you use the hemp fiber filter!

:rockon:

I'm so exited, can't wait for my kit to arrive. I wasn't this exited waiting for the eq itself to turn up. But that was caus I didn't know what to expect, now I know how amazing vaping is. I love the endless possibilities for the way you vape, the equipment you use, and the recycling of product.
Happy ddaveday
@kellya86

A little preview of what's in store for you.... :nod:

Nugg

So... I didn't get much testing done last night. Had a dab then two vapman bowls while walking the dog. Got home, ate dinner then smashed 2 bowls at 230c out of the 18mm wand and fell asleep on the couch by about 830.

I do have some pictures to share though.

This is the hemp fiber being used as a filter.

StCWO2O.jpg

This is my carbed solo gong that I use as a carbed whip adapter. It doesn't carb as well as it did when the whip was conected from the side but now I have no right angles in the vapor path.

S2r0TcB.jpg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So is there any chance that the silicone is not tested for that amount of stress and possibly stretching it this far could rupture molecules and release unwanted particles.?

Nugg

I had wondered if the whip was meant to go inside the 18mm wand. When I first tried to do it that way it wanted to pucker a bit. Kinda like when you force a drinking staw into another. So I just stretched it over the top.

Plus this way means the vapor is flowing out of the male joint (the wand) and into the female joint (the whip) making less places for reclaim to build up.

Last night before bed I had a little hash sandwich in the EQ. Well it was more of a hash mac. Herb - bho - herb - keif - herb. The herb being the bun and the hash being the patties. 2 big rips at 230c with out stirring. Stirred it up and tried again but it was already fully extracted.

With the cyclone bowl I was stirring every hit but with the DDave mod I'm only stirring before the last hit to make sure I've got everything.

CuckFumbustion

I had wondered if the whip was meant to go inside the 18mm wand. When I first tried to do it that way it wanted to pucker a bit. Kinda like when you force a drinking staw into another. So I just stretched it over the top.
@Nugg, I can place mine inside 1/4 of an inch and give it a quarter turn and it seems to correct itself. Have to pull on it to get it off. Which is a good thing. But your method keeps the I.D about the same with your setup. Which is also good. Might borrow your hemp fiber idea for extraction for essential oils for another project I'm into.
Which I've been mentioning in the other EQ thread. What is the red glass piece about? I noticed the opening on the side. Does this do anything for you? Looks cool.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: DDave

absoludicrous

Just got my DDave kit. Is anyone using it with a whip or is everyone attaching it to a water piece? I just tried the 18 F/F with the stock q elbow to see what kind of difference I would see. I usually start off (with the stock elbow and cyclone bowl) with an elbow pack at 190 and finish at 210. My first test blew me away. I can tell the difference in heat by moving everything closer to the source. I had to take some extra water but I was blowing huge clouds. I don't know what temp it would've been equivalent to, but I'm guessing it felt like it was around 210 with the stock parts. It had some good flavor that I wouldn't have gotten if I used a higher temp on the stock cyclone bowl. I haven't seen many pictures of people using it with a whip, but I'm going to try it out soon. Thanks DDave!

CuckFumbustion

Yea, I thought the screen mesh and the lack of telescoping enhanced that effect. If you read earlier in the forums, I even came up with different way of filling the EQ with no shredding.
Making it work like say a Da Budda/Silver Surfer.
@DDave, took that principle that you are fond of and used it with your wand setup. Already had the center bowl screen bent in upward fashion. Then placed the 18mm wand with the short bowl to 'pin' my materials in place. Instead of 'packing' the bowl/screen. I did use the scissors on the materials instead of the SCS. :pInteresting flavor profile.
I imagine this must be what it is like to use a Silver surfer/Da Budda. Still wouldn't mind a thick wand with say a 16mm opening if I go custom.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just got my DDave kit. Is anyone using it with a whip or is everyone attaching it to a water piece? I just tried the 18 F/F with the stock q elbow to see what kind of difference I would see. I usually start off (with the stock elbow and cyclone bowl) with an elbow pack at 190 and finish at 210. My first test blew me away. I can tell the difference in heat by moving everything closer to the source. I had to take some extra water but I was blowing huge clouds. I don't know what temp it would've been equivalent to, but I'm guessing it felt like it was around 210 with the stock parts. It had some good flavor that I wouldn't have gotten if I used a higher temp on the stock cyclone bowl. I haven't seen many pictures of people using it with a whip, but I'm going to try it out soon. Thanks DDave!
@absoludicrous

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear your enjoying the performance improvement of the F/F adapter!

Not sure which kit you received, but if you got one that included the wands, wait till you try it! Wide open airpath is great! Use the wand in same manner as an elbow pack...

Enjoy! If you got a kit with multiple sizes and adapters, switch it up a bit for different 'vape signatures'. Experimenting is great and variety is a game changer!

absoludicrous

@absoludicrous

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear your enjoying the performance improvement of the F/F adapter!

Not sure which kit you received, but if you got one that included the wands, wait till you try it! Wide open airpath is great! Use the wand in same manner as an elbow pack...

Enjoy! If you got a kit with multiple sizes and adapters, switch it up a bit for different 'vape signatures'. Experimenting is great and variety is a game changer!

I got the full kit. After testing with the elbow on my last post, I tested out the 18 and 14 wands. The 18 was amazing. I never really noticed how restrictive the elbow was until this wand. The 14 screen is a little small and I may have overpacked it, but it felt a little restrictive compared to the 18. But I did like the flavor and how long the session lasted with the 14. I'll definitely be experimenting with the different setups available with this kit. I'm such a lightweight that I can only test so many times in one evening. I'm glad to see it works well with the whip. I'll be putting away my old cyclone bowl/elbow setup now and rotating in the DDave kit permanently. Thanks for putting together a great kit!

Nugg

@CuckFumbustion That red piece of glass is a carbed whip adapter. It was originally a solo gong but I wasn't a fan of how it functioned. When I was using the stock elbow to hold my load I attached the whip from the side to keep the whip as short as possible. Now that I'm using the wand I have to attach the whip to the top of the red adapter to keep the whip as short as possible.

Also @CuckFumbustion there is a thread on here called
Vaping with cotton that has some good info on collecting oil on cotton/hemo fiber.

@DDave Maybe you could offer a whip adapter that attaches from the top?

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I got the full kit. After testing with the elbow on my last post, I tested out the 18 and 14 wands. The 18 was amazing. I never really noticed how restrictive the elbow was until this wand. The 14 screen is a little small and I may have overpacked it, but it felt a little restrictive compared to the 18. But I did like the flavor and how long the session lasted with the 14. I'll definitely be experimenting with the different setups available with this kit. I'm such a lightweight that I can only test so many times in one evening. I'm glad to see it works well with the whip. I'll be putting away my old cyclone bowl/elbow setup now and rotating in the DDave kit permanently. Thanks for putting together a great kit!
I found the same with the elbow, too restrictive for my liking. The EQ has plenty of heat and least in my use/testing, I was never able to overdraw and cool the heater enough to notice any kind of performance drop.

For the 14mm short F/F setup, try loading the cyclone instead of the basket screen. Any significant draw will cause the herbs to self-pack (but lightly) into the basked. Created it for ultra-conservatives. The tall F/F, try again loading the adapter. A nice steady draw should cause the herbs to dance in the adapter... a stronger draw will self-pack, but requires much stronger draw than the shorty. Both have pretty good lasting session flavor.

@DDave Maybe you could offer a whip adapter that attaches from the top?
Are you referring to a type of whip to 18mm adapter, kind of like the Arizer elbow?

I was always considering including a mouthpiece as well. Just so many varieties, so many different tastes amongst EQ people... Maybe I'll take a poll and post several different common styles to see if there's any common liking?

Top Bottom