1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

DDave Mod for SSV/ DBV/ LSV

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Hashtag46&2, Nov 10, 2015.

1. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

@stuartambient If the V2 kit pieces worked for you, the V3 will fit your device as well.

The heater cover that isn't compatible is the spherical one.
    [​IMG]

stuartambient likes this.
  2. stuartambient

stuartambient Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave. I think mine is the V1, you were about to do V2. Anyway it sounds like it will work. Hopefully soon, it looks like a nice setup. Micro-dosing has worked out well for me.

DDave likes this.
  3. Flow

Flow Member

Hi all… mine will be V3.
    Just pulled the trigger for a kit and still awaiting for my SSV to arrive ^^

DDave likes this.
  4. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

just pulled the trigger on this myself. had my DBV since 2009 and have used it pretty much every day since then. i can already do little bowls with my DBV but i am looking forward to making the task that much easier with the mod

DDave likes this.
  5. DDave

2009! Such an awesome performing long lasting vaporizer!

You're going to love the options you'll have with the kit!
    Great timing as well, am including a bunch of new rimless basket screens and an installation tool (no additional $$$) and they will give even more options.

Enjoy!

lazylathe likes this.
  6. mmenzie

thanks @DDave i appreciate that!! Yes my DBV has been my main driver everyday since i got it in 2009. It did take a "leave of absence" for a bit when i got a non-official cloud on ebay, but that got knocked over one day and the GG joint broke and out came my trusted DBV.

I hope the kit comes with some instructions for use. i have read this forum and scoured your website @DDave and found some helpful tips but i am not totally sure i know how it works yet. i am sure when i get it in my hands and tinker i will figure it out. i am looking forward to it!!!!

Aizen-sama likes this.
  7. Aizen-sama

Aizen-sama Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division

I've also had my DBV since '09 as my daily driver. Really looking forward to seeing what this kit brings to the table! Really cool that @DDave is innovating on a classic vape like ours.

DDave and mmenzie like this.
  8. DDave

Absolutely! Kits come with suggested use guidelines.

And of course, you can always reach out to me via FC, Reddit, my website contact form or directly at ddavemod@gmail.com

Flow and mmenzie like this.
  9. mmenzie

V2 kit arrived in the mail today. i have already unboxed it and checked to make sure it arrived safe (which it did) now i have to figure it out. i'm a little slow when it comes to these things but i am looking forward to even better session with my DBV. Thanks @DDave

Aizen-sama and DDave like this.
  10. mmenzie

man i truly hate to admit this but i am lost :( feeling like a noob looking at all these parts. i watched the video
    Click to play YouTube Video
    but the glass piece in the video he was using i do not have. i have two that look like the one in the video but only one is open (the other has a basket or glass screen at the bottom) and they are both 14mm and do not fit over the upside down funnel like in the video. the only 18mm pieces i received are a full size wand very similar to my existing DBV wands and a connector of some sort that is 18mm female on both sides.

the rimless screens appear to be two different sizes too and/or two different sizes of mesh (holes seem tighter and smaller on some)

I also received a 14mm wand similar to 18mm full wand to

if anyone out there that is using this V3 mod and has done or willing to do a video with the parts in the package..... i would be in your debt... LOL

DDave likes this.
  11. DDave

I know the kit options can be a bit daunting.

Start out with replacing stock with pieces from the kit, that will give you the 18mm Mod setup.
    Basically, replace their wand and basket screens with the ones from the kit. They look similar, but wand and baskets are diff dimensions. Use your choice of Whip tubing to attach to the wand (flexible or rigid), then finally on the other end of the whip tubing, add the water tool adapter. If you got the 14mm water tool adapter, makes a great mouthpiece as well.

The 14mm Wand works similarly, although with the 18mm/14mm reducer. It comes with its own rimmed and rimless basket screens. Same principle as the 18mm, but better microdosing control.

The rimless basket screens can be installed inside the wand, so you end up with an internal screen, space for herb, and cap that off with a basket screen. Fully enclosed herb chamber within the wand. Load 1/2 the space between screens (adjustable) with herbs so you can remove and shake to stir. Don't remove the internal screen after installing. Just remove basket screen, dump out spent herb, then reload.

Hope these quick tips help! Let me know if other questions.

12. mmenzie

Thanks @DDave i guess the contents list is really confusing as well without pics. also, the contents said 2 pieces of whip tubing and i have 3. i am not complaining just trying to figure it all out.

what is the piece that is 2 18mm female gg ends with a little glass stick to grab?

you say "if you got the 14mm water tool adapter" i thought i ordered everything? i checked the box during the order so i thought i got everything. so what does that part look like?

sorry to be such a noob with this considering i should be a more advanced after all this time... lol

DDave likes this.
  13. DDave

I definitely acknowledge the fact that I need to create some updated instructions with pics... till then, glad to field the extra questions... :rockon:

Ah, the 18mm M/M, a freebie. Not normally included. Once in a while they make their way into various kits in the hopes the recipient has a use for or can gift it.

These are water tool adapters... one 14mm, the other 18mm...
    [​IMG]

And finally that really large/thick piece of whip tubing can be used to reinforce the flexible whip tubing if your setup causes the flexible whip tubing to kink. (Known as the Antiflex Collar...)

Hope this helps!

14. Aizen-sama

Aizen-sama Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division

I received the kit in the mail yesterday, it was well packaged. I've tried out both the 18mm and 14mm wands, and I'm enjoying the efficiency of this mod so far, and the choices it affords.

I combusted a bit in the 14mm wand but I think it was a combination of being a bit too tightly packed and too long a draw. That 14mn one has a bit more of a learning curve to it since the draw is tighter.

My only question was, are the smaller rimless screens intended for the 14mm wand? It doesn't seem to fit in the same way as the one with the rim as it's a bit wider of a basket. I tried using the funnel to install it but it didn't seem to want to go in.

DDave likes this.
  15. DDave

Glad to hear you're liking the changes the mod brings to your vaping sessions!

The rimless basket screens are not the same dimensions as the rimmed baskets. They fit many different applications and even when variances in glass size are present, they sit tight. Due to this flexibility, they are a bit more challenging to insert. For the 14mm screens, I use a golf tee with the tip cut off. Haven't found a good sized funnel for the installation tool application yet, as with the 18mm rimless baskets.

Aizen-sama likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors