Davinci by Karma

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This looks impressive. I had to read through the whole thread to get a good since of the product. The first few times I did research on youtube and the internet I did not find much information. The videos I did find were not very impressive.

It was not till Tokin' posted his videos that I became interested. The owner of the device should send him some $$$ because he does an amazing job of showing off the features. Completely turned my opinion around on the device.

I was thinking about getting a vapor blunt but I think this device would be better suited for my needs.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
JRR actually won that unit in a contest from the manufacturer and posted the video as a condition for winning and receiving the prize. Excellent videos for sure, I still watch this thread with much interest.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It was not till Tokin' posted his videos that I became interested. The owner of the device should send him some $$$ because he does an amazing job of showing off the features. Completely turned my opinion around on the device.
:lol: it's funny you should say that- Tokin' won the vape (though I think he employed the dark arts to bolster his luck for a couple of weeks) so showing off what he got that the rest of us didn't is the least that he can do ;)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I thought he just decided to do the review out of the kindness of his heart. ;) I knew he got the unit for free. Still though he did such a good job with the review that he should get a little more kick back. He single handily got me interested in this product. The original few videos I saw from the owner and another person kind of turned me off to the product.

It looks like it might work really well for what I want to use it for.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Not sure exactly what he did Wat, but an artist rendering might look something like this:

ouija-board-movie.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Thank goodness my medication rituals don't require any Child Sacrifice... that would get expensive real quick!

Slightly Medicated,

Tim

mine is now doing its intial charge! just curious what tempatures people are having the most success with for two scenarios

1) endless vapor, not thick or anything, just a temp where the hit keep comin (light brown abv after a while)

2)efficent quick 2-3 minute whole bowl cashed session (dark brown abv fairly fast)

1) Starting at 375F and moving to 400F usually lasts me a good 10 -15 minutes if I'm doing some work. I consider that a slow-paced bowl.

2) For a quick session, I would start at 400F. Maybe stir the bowl at 410 and finish at 415.

Tim,
Reactions: Pfb1500

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks for the kind words guys.

mine is now doing its intial charge! just curious what tempatures people are having the most success with for two scenarios

1) endless vapor, not thick or anything, just a temp where the hit keep comin (light brown abv after a while)

2)efficent quick 2-3 minute whole bowl cashed session (dark brown abv fairly fast)

1) 180 c for me
2) 3/4 load - 215 c through a bong :tup:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just ordered one of these from EZVapes.com I was ordering something else so I figured I would kill two stoners with one bird and order from them.

I am looking forward to putting this thing to good use. I think it will provide an excellent portable option for medicating on the way to or from an event.

Sluffy

Thanks for the kind words guys.

1) 180 c for me
2) 3/4 load - 215 c through a bong :tup:

1) Starting at 375F and moving to 400F usually lasts me a good 10 -15 minutes if I'm doing some work. I consider that a slow-paced bowl.

2) For a quick session, I would start at 400F. Maybe stir the bowl at 410 and finish at 415.

thanks for some starting parameters. i will have to do some math to convert JRs number =P but i will test all these tonight =)

first bowl after burn off. packed slightly full with mid size grind. factory set temp of 375. 1 10 minute sesh provided ample vapor after 3-4 minutes in and they were very consistent, thin, NICE hits. The abv was medium brown and perfectly vaped through (very impressed by this).

more notes after more testing

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I'm glad to see a few more of us getting into the DV. I am still really enjoying mine and it continues to impress friends new to vaping for it's ease and effectiveness.

@Sluffy. Have you tried through a bong yet?

J.R.R.Tokin',

pandawok56

My nice little collection of straws :D

The snorkel is a really nice accessory that makes vaping and multi-tasking a lot easier. I'm the kind of person that likes to get vaked while playing video games so instead of having to pause and use one hand to hold my DV, I can just let it sit in my lap and hit it with ease. Not something I would bring outside with me due to it be a lot less stealthier, but its the straw I use the most at home. At first it seemed a little long, but I'm used to it now. The vapor seems a lot cooler when hitting and the cloud production only seems slightly smaller than when using the normal straw. Definitely something I would recommend if you have $20 to throw down. Personally I don't think it's worth the full $20 unless you really don't like the length of the standard straw.

I also decided to give my DV a nice iso wash today since it's gotten so dirty. The screw on bottom to the top chamber becomes almost impossible to twist off because of all the resin in the threads so I had to use pliers to twist it off. The same would happen to the straws unless the DVs heated up, and little bits of oily resin have begun to pour out around the straw making it look very dirty. Keep in mind this is my current go-to piece and use it everyday, several times a day. Let's hope I don't ruin anything in the process. I'm not sure if JRR or any other DV owners have used iso to clean it yet, and this is my first real cleaning of a vape so I'll just give a little description of what I'm doing in case some are wondering or if anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I tend to ramble though when I take adhd medicine (only thing that gets me motivated enough to do school work :() so forgive any unnecessary details.

I'm using standard 91% iso poured in a little metal dish. I just let the screens and metal cap thing soak while I clean everything else. I use a q-tip dipped in iso and just rub down all the chambers and threads which did a really good job of removing all the encrusted ABV on the sides, but everything still looked stained brown from use. I'm guessing this is normal but if not, any idea how to make it look new? It doesn't matter much, but I think the DV looks fresh when its clean and all together (meaning no frayed straw haha). I'm also starting to think maybe I shouldn't have used alcohol on the plastic material but hopefully it doesn't matter.

I dipped the screw ends of the straws in the iso, wiped around with qtips but I wanted to see if an entire straw would do ok with iso. Personally I don't like putting plastic in iso, not really sure why, I've only have experience cleaning glass and metal pieces, never any plastics. So i took apart my very first straw and put the tube/screw end in the iso bath, and just dipped the mouth piece of top end. I'm letting it evaporate now. Not really sure what the point of letting it sit in the tin is for because I probably won't ever use it again. Maybe I could just drill a hole through my closed off straw and use them all in rotation.

Anyways, everything fits back together nice and easy, no resin in between the threads and the chambers look pretty clean and clear of any leftover ABV. Pretty easy and only took like 15 to wipe everything down. Not really sure how long I should let them sit, but it's been maybe half an hour now, I figure if I put everything together and let it run at like 220*c everything will evaporate. Guys over at Karma, let me know if I should do/not do anything or if what I did was fine. I really love this vape and want to make it last as long as it can. Again sorry for any rambling on. :cheers:

LarryTOG

This looks impressive. I had to read through the whole thread to get a good since of the product. The first few times I did research on youtube and the internet I did not find much information. The videos I did find were not very impressive.

I was thinking about getting a vapor blunt but I think this device would be better suited for my needs.

I was in the same boat, but I really like the size of the DaVinci compared to the Vapor Blunt bc the Vapor Blunt measured over 10 inches

LarryTOG,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I was in the same boat, but I really like the size of the DaVinci compared to the Vapor Blunt bc the Vapor Blunt measured over 10 inches

Welcome to the forums. I know at 10 inches the VaporBlunt is more of a VaporSteamRoller. I just decided in the long run that this product looks like it fits my needs way more then the VaporBlunt would. I am looking forward to recieving it. I got a call from EZVapes.com customer service. They called to let me know it was back ordered and I should receive my in an extra day or two because they are waiting on their new inventory to arrive.

Slightly Medicated,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Hi, I bought a DaVinci after reading through 20 pages of this thread. It was delivered at 4:20 on Tuesday according to the USPS website. I laughed when i saw the delivery time online.

So far i love it, i get good vapors and i like that i can regulate the temperature. I don't run it as high as some of you. I start at 360F and increase to 375F, if i run it hotter i cough and that's what i try and avoid. I'm well medicated at the lower temps. The ABV is even colored and medium brown.

I have some of the same comments as others on this thread. Cleaning it isn't that easy because the top does not come all the way off, but others have posted ways of keeping it clean. It's a well made device and will probably be my go to Vape from now on.

I've had a Volcano for 10 years, hate the MFLB, think the Iolite is OK. The DaVinci is a much better vape.

I don't drive so a car charger isn't on my wish list, but some sort of external recharger would be nice for long days out. I have a charger case for my iPhone for that reason.

I like the 2 year warranty, but do have concerns on battery life. When they do die, how long will it take to get them replaced and how long will it take to get my Vape returned?

I emailed Lance yesterday and he said the warranty registry isn't up and running yet but that it's coming.

I would advise future buyers to check that you are purchasing from an authorized reseller ;-)

I'm sorry i missed out on the tee shirts.

VV

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: vorrange

Drastic

Vape4Life
The Davinci looks very promising. Would love to pull the trigger but a few concerns before i do.

1) Cleaning: This is my biggest concern. I love that i can clean my volcano to brand new condition(tastes soo good right after a cleaning). Having the ABV taste will kill this device for me. ABV dust and goo will undoubtedly build up on the bottom screen after a good while of use. Has anybody taken the bottom screen off yet? Any pic? video? Lance, whats the status of the cleaning video? What are the effects of particles getting into the heating chamber under the bottom screen besides taste and even possibly heating efficiency? How can that be cleaned if it happens?

2)JRR regarding the gap issue. I assume the gap is still present with the herb chamber not just when using the oil carts. Can you tell me how much this affects your draw. Can herb fall out of this gap say if the unit was set on its side or turned upside down during a session. Would this cause herb to fall into the unit outside the heating chamber? Is there any leak of vapor around this gap, possibly leaving resin on inaccessible parts inside the vape(again taste and smell from the unit are a big concern).

3)Has anybody tied any concentrates(oil, wax, hash) in the unit? Results? (these guys kill the bottom screen of my volcano even with a bed of herb).

Drastic,

max

Out to lunch
Slightly Medicated said:
I got a call from EZVapes.com customer service. They called to let me know it was back ordered and I should receive my in an extra day or two because they are waiting on their new inventory to arrive.
If you'd like to get one cheaper (15% off), I'd try and cancel that order and place it with puffitup.com instead. They're one of our recommended dealers and Randy offers that deal for a first purchase. Shipping is also free.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/retailer-discussion-discounts.1802/

max,

Tim

The Davinci looks very promising. Would love to pull the trigger but a few concerns before i do.

1) Cleaning: This is my biggest concern. I love that i can clean my volcano to brand new condition(tastes soo good right after a cleaning). Having the ABV taste will kill this device for me. ABV dust and goo will undoubtedly build up on the bottom screen after a good while of use. Has anybody taken the bottom screen off yet? Any pic? video? Lance, whats the status of the cleaning video? What are the effects of particles getting into the heating chamber under the bottom screen besides taste and even possibly heating efficiency? How can that be cleaned if it happens?

2)JRR regarding the gap issue. I assume the gap is still present with the herb chamber not just when using the oil carts. Can you tell me how much this affects your draw. Can herb fall out of this gap say if the unit was set on its side or turned upside down during a session. Would this cause herb to fall into the unit outside the heating chamber? Is there any leak of vapor around this gap, possibly leaving resin on inaccessible parts inside the vape(again taste and smell from the unit are a big concern).

3)Has anybody tied any concentrates(oil, wax, hash) in the unit? Results? (these guys kill the bottom screen of my volcano even with a bed of herb).

1) I find that I have to clean/wash the middle screen (lower screen of the upper chamber) after ever 9-10 bowls, or the draw is very "tight." I have no idea if the lower screen needs cleaning.

2) Shaking my device and leaving it on its side produces no loose herb. It's a non-issue for my device. To be clear, there is some herb around the heating chamber (inside), but it does not leave resin or a anything a brush couldn't clean off.

Tim,

Drastic

Vape4Life
2) Shaking my device and leaving it on its side produces no loose herb. It's a non-issue for my device. To be clear, there is some herb around the heating chamber (inside), but it does not leave resin or a anything a brush couldn't clean off.

Is there any gap between the heating chamber and the surrounding plastic, can herb or powder fall between eventually. How much herb would you usually find outside the chamber in a normal session if it was shaken/passed around.

Do you use shaking to stir the bowl? Do you stir? Is it needed?

Drastic,

Tim

Minimal herb. A brush stroke would suffice to remove it. It hasn't been an issue at all. The plastic around the bowl hasn't gotten gunky.

I stir the bowl once it's crispy but still green, with a glass pick. Just a habit from my EQ days.

Tim,

Sluffy

bumming hard right now

after about 3 sessions with my davinci it started doing something wierd

when i set the tempature and hit the pwer button, it just shows 47 as the tempature while it overheats and combust the product, i havent even so much as coughed on this thing.

i tried pressing both + an - buttons to reset it, it showed the real tempature (415ish) for two seconds then went back to showing 47.

i cant turn mine on without it going over 400 degrees

HELP!

p.s. i have switched it form celcius and back (didn't help_

i have also ran battery completely dead then full recharge, didn't help

every once in a while it flashes to the correct tempature but it mostly just stays on 47 and heats

Sluffy,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My Video review of the Da Vinci and comparison to the Solo:

I have a Solo and will be doing a comparison review as well. I think the factor about the battery is less of an issue since you can use the DaVinci plugged in. Also in a portable vape I figured 4-5 sessions is enough for me. I was very impressed with the hits you got off the DaVinci. I have yet to compare because I am still waiting on my DaVinci. My Solo lasts about 4-5 sessions but I tend to run on a 5 most of the time. So I know the extra heat drains more battery life to run. The glass stem is a big no-no for me in the portability department. I just worry about getting hassled because a cop here will think it is a crack pipe.

Top Bottom