David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
If I did not have a can and a tube, I would consider it. Did you know if they had those cool beaker bottom tubes?
They have one that's a mix/early proto, more tube than beaker, maybe 10" tall, but not mini. Hard to describe without a photo...
Now that I look MarcelusWiley photo, looks kind of like that but instead of a bent neck, is more of a continuos shape, like the can is one with the straight tube on top of it.

Zangano Cruel,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Damn, any chance that 25% off deal is on tomorrow?

I'm after one of the 24mm versions, and 25% off sounds awesome, but I cant seem to find any contact details for them to see if they'll ship one to me...

If there are any of you nearby, shoot me a PM :)
(though the sale will probably be over by then:doh:)

Frederick McGuire,

Zangano Cruel

Damn, any chance that 25% off deal is on tomorrow?

I'm after one of the 24mm versions, and 25% off sounds awesome, but I cant seem to find any contact details for them to see if they'll ship one to me...

If there are any of you nearby, shoot me a PM :)
(though the sale will probably be over by then:doh:)
I'll contact them today, 2/7/12, and let you know if they ship to AUS and if 25% is still OK??

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
sad day.
ive been caught, im quitting, no more THC in my life :( farewell.

The fritter is up for sale in the classifieds with my dome, id love to see an FC member pick it up and enjoy it.... EVERYTHING i have must go.

Xchadb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sad day.

The fritter is up for sale in the classifieds with my dome, id love to see an FC member pick it up and enjoy it.... EVERYTHING i have must go.
:( sorry to hear it Chad

jambandphan03,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
sad day.

All my thoughts to you my friend!
Be strong and philosopher... after the rain comes the sun, and the phoenix raises from the ashes!
Take care man!

FLskwat,

NewSchoolExplorer

What is the functional difference between the can style verses the tubes? (Also does the water splash into you mouth at 14"? or should I go bigger?) I really like the bubble stackage and the dual functional adapter/globe.

NewSchoolExplorer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
sad day.

Dude, will miss you here and on youtube. This sucks . . .

sadfacen.jpg

t-dub,

Zangano Cruel

sad day.

Sad thoughts indeed... :( I'm really sorry and my best wishes for everything to be ok ASAP. Good luck and see you soon :)

Zangano Cruel,

NewSchoolExplorer

Hey glass guru's how would the Can Style vs. Tube compare in terms of functionality?
Stackage
Clearing
Drag
etc?

NewSchoolExplorer,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I don't have the tube, only the can, but here's my thoughts on the can:

Stackage: during the hit, with a fairly unrestricted vape, I'll get Stackage 1/2-2/3 up the can.
Clearing, it jumps right up to the top of the can, and a tiny but up into ye mouthpiece.
Sometimes during a hit the water seems to compound its stacking and go all the way up the can, then without adjusting draw speed it settle back down to its normal level.

This is with water about 1-1.5cm above the disc.

Clearing: it clears pretty quick, being a small volume piece, it's unique in that it's my only piece where I dont pull harder to clear.

Drag: not much, but there's certainly some. I'd call möbius pieces zero drag, as it almost feels like they are pulling for you. Some other high end pieces I have I'd call no drag, where there isn't any noticeable drag in the hit, but it's just not as free flowing as a möbius. I'd call this low drag.
There's a certain element of restriction, but it is really minor, nothing I could complain about.

My weed star double showerhead bubbler has far more drag than the DG if that helps?

This is also easily the most efficient at diffusing of all my pieces, by that, I mean most Stackage for lowest volume of water.
It's also the most even diffusion of all my pieces.
There's just so many tiny little bubbles of awesomeness :tup:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Clearing: ... it's unique in that it's my only piece where I dont pull harder to clear.
The tube is the same way. To clear either maintain or lessen your draw, or you will soon be getting a kiss ;) They ARE awesome though :tup: the diffusion is so pure . . .

t-dub,

NewSchoolExplorer

@Fred: thanks for that detailed analysis, esp. when you define your scale of drag with other comparable pieces thanks. Really helped.

Can some review or compare the review above to the straight tube DG? With the straight tube does the water hit your lips?

EDIT: T dub you just posted, what is the length of your piece?

NewSchoolExplorer,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
cause' its all bout DAT FIZZ!

lets just say this, DG pieces adapt to YOUR needs, you just gotta figure out how much water to put in it, what adapter\slide to use, and how fast to pull :) cause this thing IS adaptable.

by the way FUCK MONEY. Im NOT selling my pieces\equip. I will be giving them away as needed like a BAUWS, only thing worse than going down, is going down like a little BITCH. My pieces deserve to be LOVED not exploited for money.

DG is a diff story... its going in a locked padded case, inside of a rifle safe, inside of a locked closet, inside of a locked room, inside of a locked house. ROOMSCEPTION

I have 2 reviews from others in the last week or so.
1: a 21 year old glass "officianado" trust fund baby combuster(I could pay 6 months mortgage if I sold his collection)
"they should stop making all percs, because this is it". He liked it I guess.
Then, my lady, after being on an extended t-break(work), I loaded up some golden goat and a bubble sandwich in the solo, she milked her good, and "smoothest pull I've ever taken", followed by sweet relief of her MS symptoms! I'm so glad I can supplement her "coping meds".
Then me, I'm trying to use self control to not order a 16" to prepare for a cloud... We'll see how that goes...

Take care xchad, you know when it rains it pours, but sunny skies usually follow. Best wishes.
Happy 4th everyone!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
From personal experience I would suggest the 18 inch straight tube for the VXH cloud. The 16 in tube is short enough that the cloud would be right up in your face. Comfort wise the extra two inches will give you some breathing room between your face and the cloud.

From personal experience I would suggest the 18 inch straight tube for the VXH cloud. The 16 in tube is short enough that the cloud would be right up in your face. Comfort wise the extra two inches will give you some breathing room between your face and the cloud.
The 24mm joint is enticing though(18" is 18mm I think). But your probably right, no one wants a vape all up in their face.

havealight101,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The 24mm joint is enticing though(18" is 18mm I think). But your probably right, no one wants a vape all up in their face.

My 18inch has a 24mm joint. It came with a 24mm male joint, small fritted disk that fits on top of that, and a 24/18mm Female to Female adapter, and an 18mm Flowers bowl (which I don't use). I got it from NVS Glass.

Top Bottom