David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

bassplayer

(Anyone have the 65mm bubbler? Really interested to see those function.)
I just got a 65mm bubbler, a Steal Your Face design Ti signed by DG. I had given my standard mini DG to a friend. I also have a 13" convertible tube. I have to say the 65mm is my favorite of the three. You can put a fair amount of water in it if you like with no splash. I actually tested it by filling the can halfway up (way more than the 1/4" above the fritt recommendation) and only got splash if I drew hard. In my other Mini there was a lot of holes of course but in this one it seems like there is a lot more, not just due to the size but maybe the fritt was made differently but it seems to fire across most of the face of the fritt.

bassplayer,
Reactions: Slaprip

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The 9" glow in the dark bub from the classifieds. It should be there in the next 10 days
Hesitated between the can and bub version, finally took this one. I wanted lots of diffusion in a small piece.

Addiction is serious, i'm also waiting for a custom order from Bluebeard, 96hole disk piece, a double disk kettle pot, another mini shower rig & j hook. Add my mobius that should come from repair.

Right now : WS 12tree dewaar + 8tree dewaar/AEON side car disk bub/Bluebeard disk kettle pot + mini shower rig + j hook. I'm a bit bored

I think all that is partly because I miss my mobius so much. I put high hopes in the DG

The 9" glow in the dark bub from the classifieds. It should be there in the next 10 days
Hesitated between the can and bub version, finally took this one. I wanted lots of diffusion in a small piece.

Addiction is serious, i'm also waiting for a custom order from Bluebeard, 96hole disk piece, a double disk kettle pot, another mini shower rig & j hook. Add my mobius that should come from repair.

Right now : WS 12tree dewaar + 8tree dewaar/AEON side car disk bub/Bluebeard disk kettle pot + mini shower rig + j hook. I'm a bit bored

I think all that is partly because I miss my mobius so much. I put high hopes in the DG

Thats a lot of glass, enjoy mate! Ive been eyeballing all these DG's ahhhh decisions!:doh:

Slaprip

I just got a 65mm bubbler, a Steal Your Face design Ti signed by DG. I had given my standard mini DG to a friend. I also have a 13" convertible tube. I have to say the 65mm is my favorite of the three. You can put a fair amount of water in it if you like with no splash. I actually tested it by filling the can halfway up (way more than the 1/4" above the fritt recommendation) and only got splash if I drew hard. In my other Mini there was a lot of holes of course but in this one it seems like there is a lot more, not just due to the size but maybe the fritt was made differently but it seems to fire across most of the face of the fritt.
Definitely alot more of a surface area for the bubbles to be made, still stacks with more width, smaller bubbles etc. The chimney can acts as a splash guard but I can still pull the stack past the logo with too much water. From what I've read the larger frit is constructed with smaller glass fragments.
Sounds sick, wanna trade lol? The full size tube is huge.

Slaprip,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
img1701ol.jpg

I got it really fast ! VapeNStone shipped it on monday

The only "bad" thing (that's random hitting overseas) : +66eur of custom to pay. That was worth it. So awesome

That is going to be my new daily driver for a moment :)

edit : http://roosterapparatus.com/?page_id=152

lreindl

Pacific NW
Looks pretty legit, Lance. The guy seems to know what he's talking about. Go check it out.

lreindl,

fostard

Hey I just saw this Craigslist posting http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/3726269201.html, they are selling a 16" DG frittered disk for $280, seems like a good deal to me, what do you guys think?

Dude thank you. Created this acct to say thanks. Was researching the fritted disc, found this post, hopped to page 50, saw a craigslist link conveniently in my city, and I'm meeting with the dude in an hour and a half to grab this badboy and he's including a nail and everything. I love you man.

GenerlLance

Dude thank you. Created this acct to say thanks. Was researching the fritted disc, found this post, hopped to page 50, saw a craigslist link conveniently in my city, and I'm meeting with the dude in an hour and a half to grab this badboy and he's including a nail and everything. I love you man.
Awesome! I am glad it worked out, use it in good health. Lets go O's!

goatgobaahh

Shit like this should be on the front page of the news. I love seeing this shit people helping people. You both made my day!

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Shit like this should be on the front page of the news. I love seeing this shit people helping people. You both made my day!

I just picked up a16" dg and fell in love! we did some dunks with the flower bowl on top! oil and flower at the same time!
WE called it a "jamacian car bomb" lol... Also been using the atmos with oil on this thing, holy smooth!

ictus

Happy to say that Raleigh NC now has a store with an excellent stock of DG tubes. New store called "Oak City Glass". Anybody who wants info PM me (maybe I'm the only one from the triangle on here?).

I picked up a full size tube Saturday for 4/20 and got a great deal. I REALLY love it. Smoothest hit I've ver taken. Probably not the most 'raw' taste, but I've yet to get any of that over-burned taste you can get sometimes from over-cherrying a waterpipe (I try and avoid that, but I tried on purpose once to see how well the DG handled it). Surprsing how much it cleans the over-burned flavor out of the smoke! I've only put around 1gram through mine so far, but I have rinsed it with warm water after each use and it still looks BRAN new. Planning on continuing this tradition, but we shall see :)

I need to take measurements but its the biggest DG tube I've seen yet, probably around 20" tall. So far I've only combusted with it, but I will be trying it with vapor next.

z9

^^^ I'll have to check out that store next time I'm in Raleigh. A shop in Charlotte told me they're supposed to be getting some DG glass, but I just think they like to talk.
Too bad the only time I go to Raleigh is for hurricanes games and the season is pretty much over, they don't know how to win anyways.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
am going to pick up a 65mm convertible today. NVSglassworks was very generous and extended me their holiday discount. have to get rid of my old one and another can to fund it, but it'll be more what i'm looking for right now. they ship everywhere too so if you already know what you want....

Top Bottom