Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

Hms34

Today I got my dani fusion. very frustrating experience at all. No vapor, or just ever so slightly. tried a lot, but it seems it does not like my herb...
My beloved Lotus': does not care how sticky the herb... it just makes fat tasty clouds within seconds. No I don't like that dani here.... Build quality could be better too (it came with some nasty scratches and marks). probably I'm missing something, but I think I won't like it ever. It looks very cool and could be handy. But if it's not convenient enough ... it's pointless for me. man I just want to get blasted - not a masters degree in overcoming obstacles with different vaporization devices... no , no , no. shit has to work conveninently or imo it's just for the more sophisticated, more patient people.. Well, ok.
Since i want to use it on the go... AVB I got in return was dark but no (almost) vapor. :mad:
I'm at 90% done with this concept. next vape I'll give a try is the TM2.
I've been awaiting a cap that actually clicks for mine. That, and some of the issues you mentioned, in general.

I may have to ignore my VAS one more time, and order a Tempest in March.

Limitations and all, the Dynavap is a "finished product." I think that justifies its price and popularity, long in the tooth as it may be.

Though I'd expect the same for the expensive, hard-hitting Anvil, for e.g.

My Dani frustrations coincided with a cold that I now seem to he getting over. Together, it's been about a 8 or 9 day t-break so far. My enthusiasm for this isn't what it should be. I'm not looking to get blasted every day, but I seek pain relief, mild-moderate high, and...... devices that function well.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Today I got my dani fusion. very frustrating experience at all. No vapor, or just ever so slightly. tried a lot, but it seems it does not like my herb...
My beloved Lotus': does not care how sticky the herb... it just makes fat tasty clouds within seconds. No I don't like that dani here.... Build quality could be better too (it came with some nasty scratches and marks). probably I'm missing something, but I think I won't like it ever. It looks very cool and could be handy. But if it's not convenient enough ... it's pointless for me. man I just want to get blasted - not a masters degree in overcoming obstacles with different vaporization devices... no , no , no. shit has to work conveninently or imo it's just for the more sophisticated, more patient people.. Well, ok.
Since i want to use it on the go... AVB I got in return was dark but no (almost) vapor. :mad:
Maybe you just didn't choose the type of device that suits your temperament and style?
I'd guess if it's not producing anything, then it's either blocked, or the weed isn't getting hot enough?
Can you draw through it with full bowl?
Are you hearing the click?
etc.
Maybe you need to apply more patience (if that's your thing), you've not well described what you're doing, and not asking for help but rather complaining (which is fine, your choice), but I get the impression maybe you just don't like what you've chosen to buy, and now are finding reasons to justify that?
If it's wrong for you, cool, it's bloody hard to judge until you try, but if you really want to go for it and find out for real of this works for you, why not be more positive, ask for guidance, explain what you're doing? Who knows, maybe it's not working? But you got to drill into these things or decide you just made a mistake, but that's not the fault of the device.
I fear you may find the next vape is the same if you approach in the way you seem to be here? I'm not trying to criticise you, but rather say that maybe it's just the Dani-type of vape ain't for you? But maybe give it a fair trial before giving up?

General Disaster

A Country Member
I think it helps to remember that not only is vaping dry herb a technically difficult engineering problem, but also in it's infancy.
I recall early vaping devices back in the early 80's, but not much, very niche. It's only since mass decriminalisation/legalisation that development seems to have really kicked off. All advances are going to be hobbyist or commercial, and the commercial sector likely comes from hobbyists in many cases, so have little investment of their own and have to balance research and development with successful sales to cover their costs. In that sense and to some degree, we as customers are paying in part for that development, the cost is not just the materials, machining and staff (etc). That's the end state when all dev costs have been absorbed. Things are changing so fast being an immature technology, we must accept uif we want to play this game, we are in effect subsidising that development.

That's all right and good and as it should be, and as it is in so many other niche areas. Accept it, or stop looking at vaping, stick to one and that's it, or understand you're part of the development of a new culture, and that costs, I'm afraid to say.
Pays ya moneys, takes ya choice! 😊

P.S.
If a product a scratched and scuffed when delivered, that does not indicate bad manufacture necessarily, it could be more likely poor handling by the supplier or someone in between like a courier? While my own seems defective (cap click) I'd still judge the quality to be quite high enough for the cost, and better than many others.

General Disaster,

vapefritz

Make sure every seal is tight. Twist the chamber to cover both holes to have the most restricted airflow. Fill the chamber up, almost to the top, don't compress the material. Screw on the heater cap. Heat with a torch on the lower ring, the one closer to the mouth piece. If you got a Dani Fusion 2.0, heat until you hear the click. If you got an original Dani Fusion, keep going for 5 seconds after you hear the click. Inhale slowly and steadily. You should get a giant cloud.

Personally even when just one of the air flow holes is open I have to remind myself to pull very very slowly even though there is no restriction. Often I just pull too quickly and the air never gets hot enough. Give it a try!

rizlafreak

two dog star
I have a click and a second one, when it's colling down again. It's the dani fusion (1) with mini wood stem.
Just followed step by step how Lee or others handled it, so i think it needs stickier weed.

Lotus extracts times better for sure.
When heating way beyond the click, I get decent vapor, but the click is more or less pointless here.
Screwed the cap tight, both airflow holes closed. herb was fine grind and not compressed.

I would call it really a microdoser, no match to a lotus, which I think makes really fat clouds if you wish for, at the same time the
Lotus produces so much more vapor at less roast....
For now I'll keep it, and if I haven't a better but bigger device with me, I will use the dani just as intended.
At home I'll probably more likely use the harder hitting vapes.
Don't want to piss on the dani. But I would not recommend either. It is what it is.
If I had to give points: 5-6 / 10.
Lotus 9 / 10 at least.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

zer0k00l

I have a click and a second one, when it's colling down again. It's the dani fusion (1) with mini wood stem.
Just followed step by step how Lee or others handled it, so i think it needs stickier weed.

Lotus extracts times better for sure.
When heating way beyond the click, I get decent vapor, but the click is more or less pointless here.
Screwed the cap tight, both airflow holes closed. herb was fine grind and not compressed.

I would call it really a microdoser, no match to a lotus, which I think makes really fat clouds if you wish for, at the same time the
Lotus produces so much more vapor at less roast....
For now I'll keep it, and if I haven't a better but bigger device with me, I will use the dani just as intended.
At home I'll probably more likely use the harder hitting vapes.
Don't want to piss on the dani. But I would not recommend either. It is what it is.
If I had to give points: 5-6 / 10.
Lotus 9 / 10 at least.
I don’t doubt your experience, but having used both extensively this is not the case for me. Fusion can extract every bit as full and even as the Lotus. I think you either have a defective unit or something in your process is wrong.

General Disaster

A Country Member
With my issue, I've finally actually heard the faintest of clicks above the noise of the flame as it hits temperature, so I do know it works, but at that volume it's all but unusable, sadly. But on the plus, side, my supplier will have a new one out to me on Monday, we agreed I'd try over the weekend to see if it got any better since I'd missed the post for Friday - was advised (from BFG) to try
  • heating it directly on the tip (where the hole is at the cap end) for 10 seconds,
  • try heating the cap generally and letting it cool a few times (sans contents),
  • and also to trying to tap it to see if anything frees up,
    ...but none of that has helped.
I think I just got unlucky, but that's what good retailers are there for! (well, one of the things).

b8man99

i think there’s a huge difference in the type of torch you use. My V1 heated with a large torch is ready 1 - 2 seconds after the click and creates huge clouds. If the click temp for v2 is higher I’m pretty sure I’d be combusting too.

It would also be nice if we could just open the cap end ourselves to service the click. Then they could just sell differently calibrated click discs / replacements.

General Disaster

A Country Member
It would also be nice if we could just open the cap end ourselves to service the click. Then they could just sell differently calibrated click discs / replacements.
Quite agree, but I suspect it needs to be welded in so the click resonates through the cap. If it was not mounted firmly it may not give enough volume - some of the energy going into moving the clicker around? Possibly in a little housing that could firmly screw into the end (where the hole is currently)?
Though most people, less clumsy than myself, seem pretty happy working out the extra few seconds after the click to get their desired point, so probably not enough demand to warrant all the retooling etc? I'm sure if it's feasible, someone will bring out a new butane/pen-vape with changeable disks (and undoubtedly charge the earth for the extra one's! 😏).

But much better, how about a grub screw to adjust the temp? Obviously not for in session changes, but to tune it in to the favoured point, and then maybe a drop of high temp thread lock to keep it there? I dunno, but something like that would be fantastic! (as in being pure fantasy! 😂)

Last edited:
General Disaster,

Feyd2blak

I'm sure if it's feasible, someone will bring out a new butane/pen-vape with changeable disks (and undoubtedly charge the earth for the extra one's! 😏).
Already been done, you can access the click discs in the tempest, the test kit discs are not calibrated correctly some people have just removed them entirely until the calibrated discs are released

TedJones

Mis-calibrated! Isn't that a contradiction in terms? 🤣
Ha, right. Guessing the goal is to have a click where it will give the user the optimal amount of extraction. There’s so many variables though. Torch vs IH, draw speed, ambient temp, heat intensity/time to click, yada yad. Dyna, dani, tempest have all been too early for my preference. Easy enough to compensate by just adding seconds, but not too many or I’ll lose count of course :smug:

I don't own a Dani Fusion but reading this whole thread I have come to a strange confusion: that maybe the guys who, to get satisfactory results using the Fusion V1, had to count to 10 or 15 after the click, were generally using a small type of torch or an insufficient flame...:huh: :o Could these experiences have led to confusion for the manufacturers when designing the cap for the V2? Just wondering.

It is very true: that the torch or in general, the source of heat used is a crucial factor in the density and volume of vapor, and in the character and power of the high, incredible as it may seem. I just bought a good torch (not a Ronxs, another cheaper one but great so far) and have realized this, using my VapcapM.

Hms34

Make sure every seal is tight. Twist the chamber to cover both holes to have the most restricted airflow. Fill the chamber up, almost to the top, don't compress the material. Screw on the heater cap. Heat with a torch on the lower ring, the one closer to the mouth piece. If you got a Dani Fusion 2.0, heat until you hear the click. If you got an original Dani Fusion, keep going for 5 seconds after you hear the click. Inhale slowly and steadily. You should get a giant cloud.

Personally even when just one of the air flow holes is open I have to remind myself to pull very very slowly even though there is no restriction. Often I just pull too quickly and the air never gets hot enough. Give it a try!
As I await a cap (that clicks) for my Dani Fusion 2.0 with stainless steel stem (no carb holes), what other tip/cap options, either Dani or other, will fit?

Other than that I want to avoid glass, I'm open to suggestions. I can live with either clicking or non, as long as there's reasonable consistency. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hms34,

General Disaster

A Country Member
Ha, right. Guessing the goal is to have a click where it will give the user the optimal amount of extraction. There’s so many variables though. Torch vs IH, draw speed, ambient temp, heat intensity/time to click, yada yad. Dyna, dani, tempest have all been too early for my preference. Easy enough to compensate by just adding seconds, but not too many or I’ll lose count of course :smug:
Sorry, I was being a wee bit pedantic - i.e. if something is incorrectly calibrated, then by definition, it's not calibrated! 😉
(well it was funny to me! ;o))

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

I don't own a Dani Fusion but reading this whole thread I have come to a strange confusion: that maybe the guys who, to get satisfactory results using the Fusion V1, had to count to 10 or 15 after the click, were generally using a small type of torch or an insufficient flame.
Yes, also technique plays a big roll simultaneously to the torch size. Where do you heat on the cap? Do you spin?

I like using a larger torch I spin slowly and aim for the bottom of the cap. I can not go 2 seconds past click without combustion with this method. With my Inductor I can cause combustion before the click very easily with it cranked up.

To me that's what's fun about this device and others like it! Being able tou really dial in the specific experience if you have the patience and dexterity is very gratifying.

General Disaster

A Country Member
I don't own a Dani Fusion but reading this whole thread I have come to a strange confusion: that maybe the guys who, to get satisfactory results using the Fusion V1, had to count to 10 or 15 after the click, were generally using a small type of torch or an insufficient flame...:huh: :o Could these experiences have led to confusion for the manufacturers when designing the cap for the V2? Just wondering.

It is very true: that the torch or in general, the source of heat used is a crucial factor in the density and volume of vapor, and in the character and power of the high, incredible as it may seem. I just bought a good torch (not a Ronxs, another cheaper one but great so far) and have realized this, using my VapcapM.
I'm pretty new to the Dani, but far as I know and probably after user feedback, BFG decided to raise the temperature that the cap clicks to a higher temperature and I presume this was because so many people have reported giving the Fusion 1.0 about 6 to 10 seconds more heating after the click.
How it's heated will effect how the weed is roasted in the bowl (differing mix of convection and conduction etc), but the cap will click at the same temperature regardless of the flame. It may do it quicker with a more suitable flame, but it still clicks when the the bi-metal strip reaches that same temperature.
It may also be the cap shape and metal content has changed, and the clicker would need to change to match that too I'd guess.

General Disaster

A Country Member
As I await a cap (that clicks) for my Dani Fusion 2.0 with stainless steel stem (no carb holes), what other tip/cap options, either Dani or other, will fit?

Other than that I want to avoid glass, I'm open to suggestions. I can live with either clicking or non, as long as there's reasonable consistency. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
For what it's worth, while likewise awaiting a cap that can (be heard to) click, I found by heating for ten seconds I got nothing, heating another 10 immediately after gave a faint vapour, and heating another 8 or so seconds gave a great hit and left nicely roasted (but not charred) avb.

Of course, that only works from room temperature. Once it's warmed up, you'd need to recalculate for another bowl.
Also, depends on the strain and hw dry it is too, probably the grade of grind as well. But you may want to try maybe 20 seconds, then add another 4/5 secs one or more times until it works? Much more will likely combust I suspect.

General Disaster,
Reactions: Hms34

General Disaster

A Country Member
Well, I just got my replacement cap from RecVapS - 24hr turnaround ain't too shoddy! 😄
And the result?

I'm fuckin' deaf as a post! It's still bloody quiet, but I did actually hear it on the first dry-run test! When I say 'hear', I mean more a sort of psychic feeling that the clicker had done it's thang! Calling it a 'click' seems over doing it a little, but it is there, just, above the noise of the flame.
But it seems a little different, a tiny bit more tuneful, a little tangy where the other seemed a little flat in tone, and I'm thinking it may actually be that slight change of tone rather than volume that makes it little easer to hear.

But interestingly, I also now can feel the click through the wooden stem, at the bowl/cap end! It's very faint, only just detectable (according to your tactile sensitivity, and whether you turned your anal vibrator off first! I certainly turned both of mine off! 😵) but given the still slightly hit-and-miss process with hearing the click, it improves the odd's of knowing you've hit the temperature.

@Hms34 - do let me know your experiences when you receive your new cap? It would be interesting to compare, although you probably have working ears and will be 100% sorted when it arrives! G'luck!

Hms34

Well, I just got my replacement cap from RecVapS - 24hr turnaround ain't too shoddy! 😄
And the result?

I'm fuckin' deaf as a post! It's still bloody quiet, but I did actually hear it on the first dry-run test! When I say 'hear', I mean more a sort of psychic feeling that the clicker had done it's thang! Calling it a 'click' seems over doing it a little, but it is there, just, above the noise of the flame.
But it seems a little different, a tiny bit more tuneful, a little tangy where the other seemed a little flat in tone, and I'm thinking it may actually be that slight change of tone rather than volume that makes it little easer to hear.

But interestingly, I also now can feel the click through the wooden stem, at the bowl/cap end! It's very faint, only just detectable (according to your tactile sensitivity, and whether you turned your anal vibrator off first! I certainly turned both of mine off! 😵) but given the still slightly hit-and-miss process with hearing the click, it improves the odd's of knowing you've hit the temperature.

@Hms34 - do let me know your experiences when you receive your new cap? It would be interesting to compare, although you probably have working ears and will be 100% sorted when it arrives! G'luck!
Thanks-- I will update. But I also gotta be realistic after a couple of weeks. Do I also pick up an older model tip/cap, and if so, which one? Stunner, and forget about a click.....or a previous Dani are the possibilities I'm aware of.

3PuttMutt

And the result?

Mine has a pretty faint click in that you need to be listening for it. I can feel it too, like a light haptic feedback. I wish it were louder, but it’s not a deal breaker for me. The cool down click is much more audible.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Ah, I wonder if the F2 has a quieter click in general then? Or maybe just the batch of clickers they got in? Who knows, but for mine, my DV-M is a lot louder! I can understand the extra mass of the Dani's cap could dull the noise of the clicker, and I can appreciate my hearing isn't as good as most peoples (though I'm not deaf as such, don't need a hearing aid to speak with people (just a lot of patience! 😉)), but sounds are definitely a little dulled. But if I can hear my DV fairly well it can't just be all me. Ah well, at least it gives me enough of a guide to start getting a feel for it, which may make the click itself less critical (or is that less clicital? 🙄).

General Disaster,
Reactions: Hms34
Top Bottom