Dabpress Rosin Plates

VAPEHUNTER

Today I received my hr10t35v. Now I need to find a good way to make it mobile. I'm working on a case for it at the moment but I'm not sure of a couple things and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Once the Strongway pump is attached is it a pain in the ass to take it back off?
Does it make a mess of spilled fluid or grease?
Is it okay for the pump to be attached and removed or will this cause leaks or possibly premature failure?

Thanks in advance

Started with a nice heavy duty tool box.
7-FAB9-E87-68-FF-42-D3-B9-A5-03-FD5162-C6-E4.jpg

And here is where I'm at so far but things may change....
E5-A05971-6-DB1-430-D-B98-C-65-B6-A0070-DB1.jpg

A35-CE3-DC-1-B46-4-D6-E-84-AD-BFB02432719-D.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Nice looking start to your travel setup!

I found this on a hydraulic fitting supplier with a description on how these couplers work.

A quick connect fitting is used to provide a fast, make-or-break connection of fluid transfer lines. Also called a quick disconnect or quick release coupling. Operated by hand, quick connect fittings replace threaded or flanged connections, which require wrenches. When equipped with self-sealing valves, quick connect fittings will, upon disconnection, automatically contain any fluid in the line.

Sometimes a couple drops can leak when uncoupling but usually no more.

VAPEHUNTER

Nice looking statt to your travel setup!

I found this on a hydraulic fitting supplier with a description on how these couplers work.

A quick connect fitting is used to provide a fast, make-or-break connection of fluid transfer lines. Also called a quick disconnect or quick release coupling. Operated by hand, quick connect fittings replace threaded or flanged connections, which require wrenches. When equipped with self-sealing valves, quick connect fittings will, upon disconnection, automatically contain any fluid in the line.

Sometimes a couple drops can leak when uncoupling but usually no more.
That's awesome Thank You!:cheers:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
No Teflon tape needed on the quick couplers and they can be attached and detached at will when out of operation.

I have to give all props to strongway for making this pump. When you get it keep the manual for service down the road. It has some nice features, my favorite is the air bleed valve. Prevents air from entering the cylinder. The pump sits at an angle so any air always heads towards that valve. I have hopes the pump will last a while.

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
vztzpx.jpg

2hn9ls1.jpg

2wf5tlf.jpg

The new 10 ton is awesome, if you got the material, get one. You won’t regret it. I did two presses tonight. Both started with 8 grams. Citrix gave 1.7 grams and the other, Tangie haze x the white gave back .8. I pressed both about 3 minutes at 195.

I have some more flower ready for tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Zow237

vztzpx.jpg

2hn9ls1.jpg

2wf5tlf.jpg

The new 10 ton is awesome, if you got the material, get one. You won’t regret it. I did two presses tonight. Both started with 8 grams. Citrix gave 1.7 grams and the other, Tangie haze x the white gave back .8. I pressed both about 3 minutes at 195.

Looks sick! We should press sometime. I’m in highlands ranch :). My 3x3 will be here Monday

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
vztzpx.jpg

2hn9ls1.jpg

2wf5tlf.jpg

That looks very nice! Glad to hear the citrix is a yielder! It's wild how some strains give up the honey so much better than others. Are you using cylinder or rectangle pucks? (Edit: I see now the rectangle puck) How much PSI did you use for your golden honey? Thanks for posting some pics!

-----

I have been struggling with the cords in my tight work area for my hr10t35v press. Tilting the press back on it's feet, the heater cords have sometimes got in the way. I took a couple of zip ties and did some cable/hose management. I used one to tie both heater cords together up towards the plates, then another further down to connect those heater cords to the hydraulic hose. I kept the ties a little loose so I can slide the cabling through if necessary.

Now all of the wires are pretty much out of the way and I dont have to mess with them when operating the press.

Take care when cutting the ties so you don't snip into the heater cords or hydraulic hose! Some good hook and loop tape would also work for reusabillity for the traveling rosineer.

2v29ljm.jpg

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
My press has arrived with minimal import tax too (£26 for a £380 item which is extremely good). Got the hand pump too now so i'm good to go and will look to do my first press this weekend when i have a spare hour :)

Thanks in advance to @psychonaut and @dabpress.com for all there help :).

Same here, press just arrived.

Pump is expected tomorrow.

Might get a chance to try it out over the weekend if I'm lucky.

@dabpress.com, @psychonaut thanks for all your guidance on this purchase. Can't believe how quick the postage was. The low tax charge was a nice touch too. :tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Same here, press just arrived.

Pump is expected tomorrow.

Might get a chance to try it out over the weekend if I'm lucky.

@dabpress.com, @psychonaut thanks for all your guidance on this purchase. Can't believe how quick the postage was. The low tax charge was a nice touch too. :tup:

Awesome news! Thanks friend, we hope you enjoy your press. I am hopeful you'll have the pump before the weekend to have a honeyfilled weekend!

I just enjoyed some of that autoultimate rosin on a sparkling clean SiC halo at 580F, bam, flavor town, even that darker rosin I squished too hard :doh:

I might do a squish tonight all I have is 50/50 hybrid and while it's nice the eyelids remain lower than usual :D

----

EDIT: Folks I see the strongway pump is sold out on Amazon, Ebay, and now backordered online 8-15 days for Northern Tool & Equipment.

Procurement until stock is replenished will require checking your local Northern Tool & Equipment (Eastern USA as they are not out west)

For those who don't want a gauge, there are options for a 10-ton hydraulic pump without gauge -

$55 - 10-ton Hydraulic Jack Hand Pump

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Awesome news! Thanks friend, we hope you enjoy your press. I am hopeful you'll have the pump before the weekend to have a honeyfilled weekend!

I just enjoyed some of that autoultimate rosin on a sparkling clean SiC halo at 580F, bam, flavor town, even that darker rosin I squished too hard :doh:

I might do a squish tonight all I have is 50/50 hybrid and while it's nice the eyelids remain lower than usual :D

The pump just arrived, connected it all up. Pressure seems to be good, I'm letting the electronics aclimate to my homes ambient temp before powering them up as they are freezing at the moment.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dont forget to save your pucks for washing for edibles/tinctures, or try repressing them. Just fold them in half and squish them again (removing the puck from the filter may be easiest, if using filters). Turning the temps up may help squish out another lil bit. I wouldn't go any higher than 220F for dabbable rosin, but heard of folks going up as high as 250F perhaps for edible/tincture oil?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I believe I've found a pelican case that will hold all of the hr10t35v plus the strongway pump. Not a cheap option but you can attach a 2 locks on the case, it's very durable pelican brand hard shell case with foam inserts you can cut out to accommodate the press, rosin temp control box, and the pump with hose.

Normally a $220 item, sorry I know this is expensive but for the traveling rosineer it will protect your investment. Hopefully others will chime in down the road with DIY options like @VAPEHUNTER with the dewalt tool case.

EDIT: Changed the case, found this one it's cheaper and actually maybe a bit better use of the I.D. volume than the other case. The press and pump side by side need about 16" width together. The press itself needs about 9.5" of depth or width, 16" of height. The legs and arms can be removed to conserve more space. This iM2950 case looks to be the ticket.

Pelican iM2950 Storm Case - Starts at $186 on sale (Normally $220), foam is extra.

Interior Dimensions 29.00" x 18.00" x 10.50"

The iM2950 Storm Case™ offers a watertight and crushproof construction that keeps your gear safe in any conditions. The soft-grip handle makes it easy to haul the case to and from a worksite.

https://www.thepelicanstore.com/cases/large/im2950-storm-case

STRM-IM2950-00001-KR.jpg

STRM-IM2950-00000-1-KR_1.jpg

Found this picture of it on google to put it's size into perspective with the door.

1634_preview.jpg

Last edited:

anasrzi

Had some spare time tonight to connect up the hr10t35v with the u.k/e.u hand pump suggested, pairs perfectly, I'm so happy it's all come together so well but I won't be pressing nothing till Sunday as I'm busy for the next two days and I want to take my time and do this shit properly.

As for the hr10t35v dab press unit it's simply stunning, I'm over the moon with the unit truly stunning to look at. Much heavier than I imagined it would be as well, proper sturdy construction, built like a tank and would survive nuclear attack!

Love the pre press mould and extras too, again excellent machining work. The whole thing Is quality through and through, so if you were ever in two minds about grabbing some top of the line rosin hardware you won't get better than a dab press unit.

Thanks roger @dabpress.com for the press and @psychonaut once more for everything.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@anasrzi thank you for that! We really appreciate your thoughts and feedback and look forward to your pressing adventures.

Roger designed hr10t35v based on all the feedback we've received this year, he wanted to make a unit that would be everything customers may want in a 3x5" plate size AIO unit. @invertedisdead put the bug in Roger's ear to build smaller AIO units, and based on all the feedback, here we are. Affordable rosin press AIO unit to get this rosin train rolling folks :cheers:

:buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz:

VAPEHUNTER

I believe I've found a pelican case that will hold all of the hr10t35v plus the strongway pump. Not a cheap option but you can attach a lock on the case, it's very durable pelican brand hard shell case with foam inserts you can cut out to accommodate the press, rosin temp control box, and the pump with hose.

Normally a $300 item, sorry I know this is expensive but for the traveling rosineer it will protect your investment. Hopefully others will chime in down the road with DIY options like @VAPEHUNTER with the dewalt tool case.

Pelican 1740 Transport Case - Starts at $264 on sale (Normally $311), foam is extra.

Interior Dimensions 40.98" x 12.92" x 12.13"

https://www.thepelicanstore.com/cases/large/pelican-1740-transport-case

1740-001-110-1.jpg

1740-001-110-4.jpg

I'm hoping to complete my "Mobile Press Party" with another case or two. I want to be able to take along my press with all the accessories and my New Vape V-Rod with all the accessories.

I'm thinking something like this will work. (The middle box is the one I'm using in the above photo)
61V5dly6kRL._SL1000_.jpg

I'm planning on replacing the top case with this Drawer style case.↓
dewalt-dwst08290-toughsystem-shell-2-drawers-2_1.jpg

Top Bottom