Dabpress Rosin Plates

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Can't tell you how long Ive been waiting to finally have one in my hands,
pm40R stainless pre-press...rly have to watch out to not drop it on the floor and I am cert. not fearing for the prepress lol :D :D :D

23moohw.jpg

40mm are still my favorite size of pucks, thanks again Dabpress Team..u know how to keep ur customers happy :D :D

Excited for the upcoming cooling plate :) :D

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Can't tell you how long Ive been waiting to finally have one in my hands,
pm40R stainless pre-press...rly have to watch out to not drop it on the floor and I am cert. not fearing for the prepress lol :D :D :D

23moohw.jpg

40mm are still my favorite size of pucks, thanks again Dabpress Team..u know how to keep ur customers happy :D :D

Excited for the upcoming cooling plate :) :D

Beautiful! I hope it was worth the wait =) Many thanks to your recommendation we have produced this 3 piece pre-press mold for 40mm that will eject the puck completely to your preference.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It def. is, that thing is built like a tank and I was rly happy to send my DIY one to retirement finally,
hope to get my handpump hose changed by next week, then i should be able to (pre- :D) press some new strains soon :D :D

Will you perhaps be trying 2x 14g pucks anytime in the future? I am eager to be back to pressing 40mm pucks but I ran out of 2.5" filters! I've been squishing 3.5g pucks but find myself pressing a couple times a week. Woe is me :lol:

I hope all you rosineers and rosineers to be have a honey filled weekend, enjoy the buzz! :buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz:

sarkunit

So, as is usually my luck, I can now afford a lovely 3x5 driptech model....and you cannot find a Strongway pump unless you are part of the Illuminati. Does anyone have any information on when they will be available, as I can see that there isn't a substitute with a gauge available at a price point that wont be half of the press? I am ready to start pressing, many growing collectives in my area are interested in helping me learn and grow as a rosineer....and no pump. I am so bummed. Anyway, I hope all is well, and I am biting my nails waiting to make a purchase :)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
20-25g i would suppose with the right pre-press, would be ~50g per run...maybe more with one big puck but i think at that size it will be better to split into 2 bags IMO

Take 20% yield into the formula and you‘d be looking at 10g rosin per squish :D :D :D

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
So, as is usually my luck, I can now afford a lovely 3x5 driptech model....and you cannot find a Strongway pump unless you are part of the Illuminati. Does anyone have any information on when they will be available, as I can see that there isn't a substitute with a gauge available at a price point that wont be half of the press? I am ready to start pressing, many growing collectives in my area are interested in helping me learn and grow as a rosineer....and no pump. I am so bummed. Anyway, I hope all is well, and I am biting my nails waiting to make a purchase :)

I received a call this morning from a customer who said that he contacted NT&E and they said the pump with gauge was permanently discontinued. I will be contacting them soon to see if I can get clarity on this.

In the meantime, the 10-ton strongway pump without gauge plus the hose can be purchased and will complete your press.

Pump - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200640938_200640938
Hose - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641799_200641799

I have asked Roger to look at manufacturing a gauge+adapter to put inline between the pump and hose, aftermarket, to sell with kits for rosineers who want it. The concept has begun, but it may take a little time to get a quantity manufacturered so in the meantime I am looking at a $50 gauge+adapter that will work, I think it may still need some fittings to connect up to the hose and pump, but we plan to have a solution for rosineers to maintain an affordable pump with gauge.

While I understand the gauge is a useful accessory to have along with your pump, it is certainly not a requirement to press. I'd wager at least 75% of rosineers out there are pressing blind just going by experience and feel.

Saving grace on this, a gauge+adapter can be retrofitted at any time.

sarkunit

I received a call this morning from a customer who said that he contacted NT&E and they said the pump with gauge was permanently discontinued. I will be contacting them soon to see if I can get clarity on this.

In the meantime, the 10-ton strongway pump without gauge plus the hose can be purchased and will complete your press.

Pump - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200640938_200640938
Hose - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641799_200641799

I have asked Roger to look at manufacturing a gauge+adapter to put inline between the pump and hose, aftermarket, to sell with kits for rosineers who want it. The concept has begun, but it may take a little time to get a quantity manufacturered so in the meantime I am looking at a $50 gauge+adapter that will work, I think it may still need some fittings to connect up to the hose and pump, but we plan to have a solution for rosineers to maintain an affordable pump with gauge.

While I understand the gauge is a useful accessory to have along with your pump, it is certainly not a requirement to press. I'd wager at least 75% of rosineers out there are pressing blind just going by experience and feel.

Saving grace on this, a gauge+adapter can be retrofitted at any time.
Thanks for the reply. I fear I will have to wait on this. I feel that a pressure gauge is very necessary, as I plan to move on to larger scale operation and all parties involved see consistent medication and yields as important. I will not have room to "dial" it in that others may, while having bad press days could lead to big bank account trouble. It is unfortunate that their response to demand was to discontinue the product. Odd.

If I am incorrect on this, could others chime in too? I can not see getting reliable results from a heat/pressure based system when you don't know what your pressure is. That is a important variable that can't be left out, or am I wrong?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@sarkunit I completely understand waiting. We dont have plans to discontinue our cylinder AIO press so we'll be working towards a solution for our customers going forward. Growing pains!

In the meantime I should state that we can supply a 3/8" NPT coupler with the press by special request, at that point you'll be able to find a good number of high quality hydraulic pumps and gauges, the price is a premium however.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
For constant larger scale operation I would also advice for getting a gauge just for simplicity
as (I think) u will settle on a specific bag/pressing setup and from that point on u will pretty much need
the same pressure every time.

Yield wise I don't think you will miss much without gauge, far more important will be the starting/pressing material,
you will see that some strains yield better and some worse, so having constant yields is pretty much a legend IMO..

Here is a nice pic of pressure vs yield from pure pressure, as you can see for flower in real world there
is a nice broad sweet spot between 600-1000psi :)

dneyrt.png

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
And now I've spoken to another customer who's talked with NT&E recently and they told him the strongway pump with gauge shipment was due in within a couple of weeks. Who to believe? :shrug:

I called them up to find out for myself. Spoke with a kind sales rep and she told me more information than I had been given before.

1. First order of pumps will be in stock approx. by the end of January 2019.
2. A second order of pumps is scheduled to be delivered to NT&E warehouse in March 2019.
3. They have no plans at this time to permanently discontinue this pump.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, sorry for the delay in pumps with gauges built in!

sarkunit

Thanks for the fast research psycho, again proving that the customer service/ community support behind dabpress is wonderful! The end of January is not too long to wait, although I will have to check on the site to see if there is a way to get on a waiting list. At least there is hope now, because I so badly want to start pressing with something better than a modified hair straightener attached to a hand clamp :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
No problem @sarkunit . NT&E has had very good customer support for me, so I must give them credit for their part.

I am looking forward to receiving the strongway pump (no gauge) and hose from NT&E and the gauge+adapter from trick-tools.com so I can figure out the build your own "strongway 10-ton pump with gauge" ;) When all parts are off-sale, it's looking to be just under $140 shipped. A bit of a step up in price from the strongway pump w/gauge but for those who may be in-between stock replenishment and can't wait a month or longer, I wanna have a solution for you on the budget side!

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Three presses today - each with two 6 gram pre-pressed pucks (12g total) individually bagged in sleeve format (no bottom seam) in the 35v. Messing around with different temps on top and bottom plates so the first two presses were with top plate at 205F and bottom plate at 200F. 1300psi and 1900psi on the strongway yielded 2.1g and 2.3g output. Dropping top plate to 200F for the last press and increasing pressure to 2400psi yielded 2.4g - but this rosin was the most difficult to collect and had me wishing I had raised the bottom plate to 205 instead.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Three presses today - each with two 6 gram pre-pressed pucks (12g total) individually bagged in sleeve format (no bottom seam) in the 35v. Messing around with different temps on top and bottom plates so the first two presses were with top plate at 205F and bottom plate at 200F. 1300psi and 1900psi on the strongway yielded 2.1g and 2.3g output. Dropping top plate to 200F for the last press and increasing pressure to 2400psi yielded 2.4g - but this rosin was the most difficult to collect and had me wishing I had raised the bottom plate to 205 instead.

I bought an aluminum slab from Amazon that I keep in the freezer until it's time for collection: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W5ZCK5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works amazingly for sappier rosin, but not really necessary for the lower temp presses.

Are you tucking your sleeves like bottle tech, or leaving them open on the ends?

Vapor Loop

Now I know you mean really portable, lol! Don’t think your new press will fit in your carry-on but I’m pretty sure that you’re going to love it nonetheless. I’m really looking forward to your feedback and I hope it doesn’t take long to get there.

Yeah i need a second shoe box sized one for flights. I can't get flower while on vacation and not squish any. I always have my Flowerpot with me so that does not help with that.

I will certainly be posting my results i have some 160 micron bags, However it looks like i may need some 37 and 90 as well. I will be pressing some kief pucks some shake and some buds. I saw a nug smasher video claiming bags did not matter and yielded the same results, But those guys only used large buds and smashed the yields to thin coins. I would rather not find out the hard way i can't press kief pucks in the 160 bags.

I think the very first thing i will do is a non filtered 1 g bud at around 160 and see if i get butter. :nod:

I wen't ahead and got this pre press, Should i still turn my bottle tech bags inside out as well?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I did a squish of some swiss cheese auto got back 17% return using 1000 PSI, rosin turned out really good and that was actually the highest yielding AF I've squished so far. I'm going to start playing around with lower pressure and time. Still enjoying 200F may drop it down but enjoying these 90u filters.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I wen't ahead and got this pre press, Should i still turn my bottle tech bags inside out as well?

Seams should be always on the inside :)
I use this bags for my 40mm pucks as of now, but Roger should come up with his own soon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUG8LLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does pressure or temp have a greater affect on color?

I would say starting material (live rosin i.E. is mostly pretty light in color) and temp :)

Last edited:

hd_rider

Last night, I pressed a few grams of a 'Trainwreck' strain I grew at home. This was my first time using my 6-ton DabPress unit.

At 190 degrees / 2 minutes, the rosin came out fairly dark and very sticky. As the rosin cooled, it became a bit harder, almost like a hard candy / shatter. I actually found the rosin to be quite difficult to work with because it literally stuck to everything it came into contact with. In order to get the rosin off my tool, I had to put the tool in the freezer for a couple of minutes in order to 'chip' off the rosin into my silicone container.

In order to get a more softer, buttery rosin, do I press at lower temps? Shorter or longer durations?

Last edited:
Top Bottom